RemedySpot.com

Re:advise/ Vrinda

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi Vrinda.....Is this your first post? I don't remember the name.

How is your mom now? Is she the one with our disease or are you?

Tell us about yourself and I apologize if I have 'forgotten' your name.

Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Re:advise

Hi , Around the time i joined the group i was feeling extremely helpless for similar reasons - my mom was just not interested in anything. she just wanted to sit by her self most of the day. she prayed for a few hours. she did not like anybody coming to meet her - relatives et al. she barely talked to people on the phone (her coughing plays up when she is on the phone). my mom loves the outdoors and here she was confined to a single room in our house (because we live in an apartment, and because we had repairs going on at home).one of the things that may have helped is looking forward to an event in the future....she was feeling blue about the fact that she may not enjoy my wedding or may not be around or may not be involved in the preparations - last couple of weeks we engaged her in that. we made lists, stuff she wants to do for our trousseau. called designers over, so that she could see it all happen in front of her. warm wishes, vrinda > > > > > Hey guys,> Don and I were talking this morning and he said "I don't care about anything anymore. I'm going to die, so what?  He used to watch the news stations because he loved the political garbage on tv right now. He could hardly wait for the newspaper to come so he could read it.  He would watch tv 24/7 if he could. He cares about none of it now.   I asked him why he felt that way, did he think that he has lost the desire to live? He said yes.>  > Now he is on 40 mg of Cymbalta. Any higher dose tends to lower his blood pressure.  Anyone got a clue ---- do we need to get him counseling? I'm not sure he will be up for it because he thinks it is "airing dirtly laundry". Kind of like an admission of weakness. > I told him that I would post this because I'm sure he isn't the only one who feels this hopeless helplessness. > LInda K> Illinois> >  > > > > > K> Central Il> Hubby ipf- 2006> As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord> 14> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > K> Central Il> Hubby ipf- 2006> As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord> 14> > > > > > > > K> Central Il> Hubby ipf- 2006> As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord> 14>

Guest guest

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Hey guys,

> > Don and I were talking this morning and he said " I don't care

about anything

> anymore. I'm going to die, so what?  He used to watch the

news stations because he

> loved the political garbage on tv right now. He could hardly

wait for the newspaper to

> come so he could read it.  He would watch tv 24/7 if he

could. He cares about

> none of it now.   I asked him why he felt that way, did he

think that he has lost the

> desire to live? He said yes.

> > Â

> > Now he is on 40 mg of Cymbalta. Any higher dose tends to

lower his blood

> pressure.  Anyone got a clue ---- do we need to get him

counseling? I'm not sure

> he will be up for it because he thinks it is " airing dirtly

laundry " . Kind of like an admission

> of weakness.Â

> > I told him that I would post this because I'm sure he isn't

the only one who feels this

> hopeless helplessness.Â

> > LInda K

> > Illinois

> >

> > Â

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > K

> > Central Il

> > Hubby ipf- 2006

> > As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord

> > 14

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > K

> > Central Il

> > Hubby ipf- 2006

> > 14

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > K

> > Central Il

> > Hubby ipf- 2006

> > 14

> >

>

Guest guest

Hello All

I'm Vrinda from Mumbai India. My mom was diagnosed with IPF in June '04. She

turns 50

later this year. A couple of infections last year, has resulted in her condition

becoming

worse and she has been on O2 for the past 6 month 24/7. We started at 2lpm, but

she's

probably averaging 3 lpm now. She is currently being evaluated for a lung

transplantation.

I have been posting on the caregivers group, though i signed up for both.

All your stories have been a great source of courage, strength and inspiration

for me and

my family. My mom does not access the web, but i do give her print outs.

Take care

Vrinda

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Hey guys,

> > Don and I were talking this morning and he said " I don't care about

anything

> anymore. I'm going to die, so what?  He used to watch the news stations

because

he

> loved the political garbage on tv right now. He could hardly wait for the

newspaper

to

> come so he could read it.  He would watch tv 24/7 if he could. He cares

about

> none of it now.   I asked him why he felt that way, did he think that he

has lost

the

> desire to live? He said yes.

> > Â

> > Now he is on 40 mg of Cymbalta. Any higher dose tends to lower his blood

> pressure.  Anyone got a clue ---- do we need to get him counseling? I'm

not sure

> he will be up for it because he thinks it is " airing dirtly laundry " . Kind

of like an

admission

> of weakness.Â

> > I told him that I would post this because I'm sure he isn't the only one

who feels this

> hopeless helplessness.Â

> > LInda K

> > Illinois

> >

> > Â

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > K

> > Central Il

> > Hubby ipf- 2006

> > 14

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > K

> > Central Il

> > Hubby ipf- 2006

> > 14

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > K

> > Central Il

> > Hubby ipf- 2006

> > 14

> >

>

Guest guest

Sorry to hear she is hurting. Wishing you all the best ! Your Mom is about my age. I am 47 going 48 soon!!!

dragonflymcs

Mayleen 02/07 ILD / MCS/ Fibro/ RADS/ TMJD/ AR +18

Hello All I'm Vrinda from Mumbai India. My mom was diagnosed with IPF in June '04. She turns 50 later this year. A couple of infections last year, has resulted in her condition becoming worse and she has been on O2 for the past 6 month 24/7. We started at 2lpm, but she's probably averaging 3 lpm now. She is currently being evaluated for a lung transplantation.I have been posting on the caregivers group, though i signed up for both.All your stories have been a great source of courage, strength and inspiration for me and my family. My mom does not access the web, but i do give her print outs. Take careVrinda > > > > > > > > > > Hey guys,> > Don and I were talking this morning and he said "I don't care about anything > anymore. I'm going to die, so

what?  He used to watch the news stations because he > loved the political garbage on tv right now. He could hardly wait for the newspaper to > come so he could read it.  He would watch tv 24/7 if he could. He cares about > none of it now.   I asked him why he felt that way, did he think that he has lost the > desire to live? He said yes.> >  > > Now he is on 40 mg of Cymbalta. Any higher dose tends to lower his blood > pressure.  Anyone got a clue ---- do we need to get him counseling? I'm not sure > he will be up for it because he thinks it is "airing dirtly laundry". Kind of like an admission > of weakness. > > I told him that I would post this because I'm sure he isn't the only one who feels this > hopeless helplessness. > > LInda K> > Illinois> > > >  > >

> > > > > > > > K> > Central Il> > Hubby ipf- 2006> > As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord> > 14> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > K> > Central Il> > Hubby ipf- 2006> > As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord> > 14> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > K> > Central Il> > Hubby ipf- 2006> > As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord> > 14> >>

Guest guest

Hi Sher,

my mom's got a portable concentrator, though its proving to be inadequate.

yesterday i

just got a cylinder as well to give her a shot of oxygen in the car if required

to boost the

sats. but we have restricted her going out, on account of chances of infection.

in terms of

weather and pollution, bombay is not such a great city. the humidity is always

above 75%

and going up to 90+% during monsoons. we do go out for dinner occasionally. we

are

planning to go for a long holiday to germany to avoid the monsoon season.

if the transplant works out, we will probably be in the U.S for the same.

even my grand mom has IPF but it's inactive as the doctor puts it. she is on a

maintenance

dose of prednisone of 5mg/day.

take care and look forward to interacting with you

cheers,

vrinda

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Hey guys,

> > > Don and I were talking this morning and he said " I don't care about

anything

> > anymore. I'm going to die, so what?  He used to watch the news stations

because

> he

> > loved the political garbage on tv right now. He could hardly wait for

the

newspaper

> to

> > come so he could read it.  He would watch tv 24/7 if he could. He

cares about

> > none of it now.   I asked him why he felt that way, did he think that

he has lost

> the

> > desire to live? He said yes.

> > > Â

> > > Now he is on 40 mg of Cymbalta. Any higher dose tends to lower his

blood

> > pressure.  Anyone got a clue ---- do we need to get him counseling? I'm

not

sure

> > he will be up for it because he thinks it is " airing dirtly laundry " . Kind

of like an

> admission

> > of weakness.Â

> > > I told him that I would post this because I'm sure he isn't the only one

who feels

this

> > hopeless helplessness.Â

> > > LInda K

> > > Illinois

> > >

> > > Â

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > K

> > > Central Il

> > > Hubby ipf- 2006

> > > As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord

> > > 14

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > K

> > > Central Il

> > > Hubby ipf- 2006

> > > 14

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > K

> > > Central Il

> > > Hubby ipf- 2006

> > > 14

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

Vrinda...sounds like you have a few things coming up in the future. Going to Germany sounds wonderful!

I'm saddened to hear your grandmom has IPF as well as your mom. Are you doing whatever one can do to watch yourself?

I worry about my kids, one girl in particular who has a lot of respiratory problems. Also had a severe bacterial/viral infection a few years back. Lasted about 6 months and she has not been the same since.

Your Dr calls your grandmom inactive....here we call it stable....I've been stable for about two years. No meds but I am on O2.

Take good care of yourself. Seems as though you have family who need you.

Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Hi Sher, my mom's got a portable concentrator, though its proving to be inadequate. yesterday i just got a cylinder as well to give her a shot of oxygen in the car if required to boost the sats. but we have restricted her going out, on account of chances of infection. in terms of weather and pollution, bombay is not such a great city. the humidity is always above 75% and going up to 90+% during monsoons. we do go out for dinner occasionally. we are planning to go for a long holiday to germany to avoid the monsoon season. if the transplant works out, we will probably be in the U.S for the same. even my grand mom has IPF but it's inactive as the doctor puts it. she is on a maintenance dose of prednisone of 5mg/day. take care and look forward to interacting with youcheers,vrinda > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Hey guys,> > > Don and I were talking this morning and he said "I don't care about anything > > anymore. I'm going to die, so what?  He used to watch the news stations because > he > > loved the political garbage on tv right now. He could hardly wait for the newspaper > to > > come so he could read it.  He would watch tv 24/7 if he could. He cares about > > none of it now.   I asked him why he felt that way, did he think that he has lost > the > > desire to live? He said yes.> > >  > > > Now he is on 40 mg of Cymbalta. Any higher dose tends to lower his blood > > pressure.  Anyone got a clue ---- do we need to get him counseling? I'm not sure > > he will be up for it because he thinks it is "airing dirtly laundry". Kind of like an > admission > > of weakness. > > > I told him that I would post this because I'm sure he isn't the only one who feels this > > hopeless helplessness. > > > LInda K> > > Illinois> > > > > >  > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > K> > > Central Il> > > Hubby ipf- 2006> > > As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord> > > 14> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > K> > > Central Il> > > Hubby ipf- 2006> > > As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord> > > 14> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > K> > > Central Il> > > Hubby ipf- 2006> > > As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord> > > 14> > >> >>