RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: BARBARA Caution re: immune boosting

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Four thumbs up, really up !!!! Yes use food to boost. I follow my Doctor's advice. They only one I see. Here are a few tips, first always discuss with your Doc, Now the good stuff: Reduce stress, do something that tickles your fancy have fun with it.

Excersise, fresh air (beach), use a , unclutter to reduce dust in your home. Purify air at home. Austin air purifier good. Not all are made the same. No purifiers which produce ozone, ozone is a lung irritant. Damage done while at home is usually observed over prolonged low level exposure. You spend alot of time there. Clean up your air.

Nutricional supplements are individual. Ask your doctor if you have any difficiences that can be corrected. Blood work usually for this. It is unique to you!!

Drink water, did I just say that, Drink water or no there it goes again.

Minimize resturant food if possible and fast food.

Cold water fish. No fish is not fish.

Use more flaxseed, dark green leafy veggies, almonds, walnuts rich in Omega 3.

Foods of color have lots of antioxidants. tomatoe, carrot, sweet potato, orange and yellow fruits and berries.

Blueberries good for your brain.

Fiber, whole grains, seeds, eat more frequent, you eat less, small meals, do not skip meals.

Apples and onions good for you!!

Avoid fried food, deep fried,

Use olive oil, reduces cholesterol and improves immnue function over time, fights inflamation.

Use Probiotics (there are milk like containers in natural food stores brand name is helios) They have antibiotic effects on the gut, natural anti-inflamatory.

Avoid white bread, it is stripped of nutrients.

God Bless !!

dragonflymcs

Mayleen 02/07 ILD / MCS/ Fibro/ RADS/ TMJD/ AR +18

Re: Caution re: immune boosting

Not sure where I read this, but recently saw where doctors might bethinking that auto-immune diseases aren't caused by an over-activeimmune system, but an under-active immune system. In which case, wewould need our immunity boosted...right?Remember when coffee was bad for you and now it's not? When eggs werebad for you and now they're not? Or a bunch of other things thescientists said were bad for us but now help fight cancer, likechocolate???Man, they confuse me. I wish I could remember where I read thatarticle. Not that I think someone on prednisone should overdo with theimmune boosting.... talk to your Doc on that one!We should all be eating healthy foods that give us natural immuneboosters though. Lots of fruits and vegetables.Also y'all, remember to rest and try to minimize the stress in yourlife, which I know is sometimes easier said than done. Living with myhubby is very stressful (the

Chazmanian Devil) and I have to find waysto lower my stress. I read a lot, I play with my dogs, I putter in mycontainer garden, and I sort jewelry. AND (I know, I know...give me a sec here and I'll finish) remember toLAUGH! My family is always telling me to quit laughing because ofcourse I start coughing, but as Charlie Chaplin once said "A daywithout laughter is a day wasted". Laughing boosts our immune systemsand relieves stress. Rent a funny movie, go to Readersdigest. com andread the jokes, whatever it takes to have a good laugh.My 2 cents for the day.... :)Hugs y'all!Babs in TexasAge 47 DX with PF due to lupus/scleroderma/ rheumatoid arthritis inNovember of 1999> Hi Y'all! My name is Babs, and I live in Driftwood, Texas. I was> diagnosed with PF due to lupus/scleroderma in November of 1999. Yes,> you read that correctly. I've lived with the knowledge of this disease> for nearly 9 years now, and we don't know for certain when it actually> began. It is quite possible I've lived with it for 10 or 11 years..> I just want to say Welcome! to this wonderful board, and offer you> some advice (adding on to what others have said) and to let you know>

that I keep each and every one of you in my prayers.> When you're first diagnosed it is typical to panic, and to start> thinking that you have no time left. Even if you have IPF this is not> the case. DO NOT immediately begin making plans to sell the house,> move to a facility or to family, get rid of pets or any other rash> decision. Take time to evaluate your needs now and what may be> necessary in the future. When I was first diagnosed my hubby and I> panicked because we were told I only had 2 to 4 years. We sold our> beautiful lake front property so we could travel while I was still> able...and now I don't want to travel as much and would LOVE to have> my property to retire to or go fishing,etc.> Make germs your enemy. Buy Purell or your favorite type of hand> disinfectant. Use lysol wipes around your house. Buy masks to wear if> you're going to be around

children or even at the doctor or hospital.> This is all especially true if you're on cytoxan or imuran or any> immunosuppressant.> Create new hobbies. It's the old adage that when one door closes> another one opens. > USE your oxygen!!! It is important for your other organs and for your> energy.> Don't be afraid to seek counseling, cry on a friends shoulder or talk> to your pastor/clergyman. This IS a horrid disease and it changes your> life and that of your family, so it is OK to seek help.> Keep hanging around this board. What a great bunch of folks that live> here. Remember that we're all in this together and we CARE!> Laugh. And keep laughing. It really is the best medicine!> Hugs to you all, > Babs in Driftwood, Texas> Age 47 DX with PF due to lupus/scleroderma/ rheumatoid arthritis> November of 1999> > > >

> Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06> > Change everything. Love and Forgive >