RemedySpot.com

Re: New Guy on the Ward

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Jack,

Welcome aboard! I hope that you'll find what you are looking for here. I think most of us have found this group of people to be an amazing source of information, friendship and support.

I'm happy to hear you are moving to my neck of the woods here in North Carolina. I think you will find the milder winters here make for easier breathing. Dr on is my doctor and I can't say enough good things about him and the care I'm receiving at Duke. Hope to meet you when you are down here and settled. In the meantime if there is anything I can do for you just let me know.

Again, though we're sorry you have reason to be here, we're glad you found us!

Beth

Co-Moderator Breathe-Support

Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06

Change everything. Love and Forgive

New Guy on the Ward

Hello to all you wonderful members of Breath Support. I have been reading your postings for several months, getting to know you and taking in all the knowledge and wisdom you have collectively. I know most of you fairly well now, forming a visual image of you and imagining the sound of your voice from your postings. Each person's post is unique and each voice is distinct.

My name is Jack Marshall. I was diagnosed with IPF in June 2005. A recent biopsy changed that to UIP, although I haven't been able to determine the difference, if any. My condition appears to be fairly stable. My only problems are the eternal cough and a continuously runny nose. My o2 readings remain in the 96 - 98 range. So far, I have no limitations on my activities except mountain climbing.

Personal notes: I am 79, although I have no idea how I got there. I work full time managing my busines with the support of a wonderful and devoted staff, one of whom is a former nurse. In addition to the business I am a playwright and author.

Before the year ends, I will have disposed of my properties here in Maine and will relocate to Pittsboro, NC, 20 minutes from Duke University and Dr. on. I hope to participate in some of their trials and receive some of their expert medical advise.

When I read of your trials and tribulations, which are so much greater than mine, I feel helpless and wish I could give you some solace. At the same time I doubt my worthiness to be member of this group but hope you will accept me anyway.

Jack

IPF 6/05 UIP 5/08

Guest guest

Jack, Welcome to the "air family".

I hope that we can help each other.

We all came here for support for a disease that most medical people

are unaware of...let alone how to help us!

You can vent, inform, laugh and cry here and we'll all "get it"

It's a safe place and often fun.

Humor can get us through some rather horrid situations.

So, again welcome aboard.

Z fibriotic NSIP/05

Z 64,

fibriotic NSIP/o5/PA

And “mild”

PH/10/07 and Reynaud’s too!!

No, NSIP was not

self-inflicted…I never smoked!

Potter,

reader,carousel lover and MomMom to

Darah

and Sara

“I’m gonna be

iron like a lion in Zion” Bob Marley

Jack Marshall wrote:

Hello to all you wonderful members of Breath Support. I have

been reading your postings for several months, getting to know you and

taking in all the knowledge and wisdom you have collectively. I know

most of you fairly well now, forming a visual image of you and

imagining the sound of your voice from your postings. Each person's

post is unique and each voice is distinct.

My name is Jack Marshall. I was diagnosed with IPF in June

2005. A recent biopsy changed that to UIP, although I haven't been

able to determine the difference, if any. My condition appears to be

fairly stable. My only problems are the eternal cough and a

continuously runny nose. My o2 readings remain in the 96 - 98 range.

So far, I have no limitations on my activities except mountain climbing.

Personal notes: I am 79, although I have no idea how I got

there. I work full time managing my busines with the support of a

wonderful and devoted staff, one of whom is a former nurse. In

addition to the business I am a playwright and author.

Before the year ends, I will have disposed of my properties here

in Maine and will relocate to Pittsboro, NC, 20 minutes from Duke

University and Dr. on. I hope to participate in some of their

trials and receive some of their expert medical advise.

When I read of your trials and tribulations, which are so much

greater than mine, I feel helpless and wish I could give you some

solace. At the same time I doubt my worthiness to be member of this

group but hope you will accept me anyway.

Jack

IPF 6/05 UIP 5/08

No virus found in this incoming message.

Checked by AVG. Version: 8.0.100 / Virus Database: 269.24.0/1462 - Release Date: 5/23/2008 7:20 AM

Guest guest

Hi Jack, Welcome aboard. I was diagnosed with PF in March/07 age 35, after being rushed to hospital with difficult

breathing and my blood pressure had risen to 147/102. They did an emergency CT Scan to check for blood clots

instead they found the PF. Which I wasn't told of the diagnosis, until I was given the discharge papers the next

day and saw it (overnight stay in hospital).

They just kept on telling me, you need to stay in hospital you cannot travel. I kept asking as to why, I needed to

stay in hospital, what was the reason and no answer was given. So, I told them, I need to get back home.

Right now, I have a lung dr, which I like very much and his following me for the PF, in 6 months I have to repeat

the CT Scan, PFT's and appointment with him the same day after the tests.

My last PFT's showed a DLCO of 73%. In my recent admission to hospital my 02 fell down to 88%

Irene

Raynaud's Disease 09/07

PF 03/07 Crohn's Disease 03/95

---- Original Message ----

To: Breathe-Support

Sent: Fri, 23 May 2008 9:36 am

Subject: Re: New Guy on the Ward

Jack, Welcome to the "air family".

I hope that we can help each other.

We all came here for support for a disease that most medical people

are unaware of...let alone how to help us!

You can vent, inform, laugh and cry here and we'll all "get it"

It's a safe place and often fun.

Humor can get us through some rather horrid situations.

So, again welcome aboard.

Z 64, fibriotic NSIP/o5/PA

And “mild†PH/10/07 and Reynaud’s too!!

No, NSIP was not self-inflicted…I never smoked!

Potter, reader,carousel lover and MomMom to Darah

and Sara

“I’m gonna be iron like a lion in Zion†Bob Marley

Jack Marshall wrote:

Hello to all you wonderful members of Breath Support. I have been reading your postings for several months, getting to know you and taking in all the knowledge and wisdom you have collectively. I know most of you fairly well now, forming a visual image of you and imagining the sound of your voice from your postings. Each person's post is unique and each voice is distinct.

My name is Jack Marshall. I was diagnosed with IPF in June 2005. A recent biopsy changed that to UIP, although I haven't been able to determine the difference, if any. My condition appears to be fairly stable. My only problems are the eternal cough and a continuously runny nose. My o2 readings remain in the 96 - 98 range. So far, I have no limitations on my activities except mountain climbing.

Personal notes: I am 79, although I have no idea how I got there. I work full time managing my busines with the support of a wonderful and devoted staff, one of whom is a former nurse. In addition to the business I am a playwright and author.

Before the year ends, I will have disposed of my properties here in Maine and will relocate to Pittsboro, NC, 20 minutes from Duke University and Dr. on. I hope to participate in some of their trials and receive some of their expert medical advise.

When I read of your trials and tribulations, which are so much greater than mine, I feel helpless and wish I could give you some solace. At the same time I doubt my worthiness to be member of this group but hope you will accept me anyway.

Jack

IPF 6/05 UIP 5/08

No virus found in this incoming message.

Checked by AVG. Version: 8.0.100 / Virus Database: 269.24.0/1462 - Release Date: 5/23/2008 7:20 AM

Meet the new AOL.ca. Free radio, music, videos, news & entertainment – with a Canadian perspective.

Guest guest

Jack...welcome! You should have come-on-in sooner.

It's always sad to have a new member but yet it's another 'family member' so we love ya right away.

Since you've been reading posts for some time and are familiar with a lot of us, you may already know I'm one of the older ones here...I'll be 70 this year and like yourself, I wonder how I got here. I was dx (diagnosed) March '06 and have been fairly stable since....using O2 now w/exertion and always at night.

Maine! Oh, I loved Maine. I lived a summer in Saco, almost on the water's edge. Love New England even though I'm a Webfoot from Oregon, where I live now.

Would we know any of your work as a playwright? I too am an author...one book published. How about you?

Hey Jack, I'm sure you will contribute to our group by sharing what you learn at Duke and from Dr. on.

Glad to have you.

Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

New Guy on the Ward

Jack

IPF 6/05 UIP 5/08

Guest guest

Hi Jack, First off, I am so sorry you needed to find us but welcome to the Air Family. I hope you know you will be very close to Beth, she is such a sweet person and very knowledgeable about our disease. You'll have to look her up. I think you will be happy about getting out of the cold winters also. I also have IPF- 2004 UIP 3-2008 I would like to know why they bother with the UIP DX after the IPF for 3½ years . I think that was enough. I am 65 and just lovin life. Could be better if I could breathe a bit better. My shopping is severely hampered.I will be praying for you and adding you to my prayer box.You can go to the home page and then to photos and have a look. We are ALL so SPECIAL.  Add a picture. We're a nosy lot.God Bless you with strength to fight this fight. Peggy, ipf 6/04 Florida  ♡Happy moments, praise God.Difficult moments, seek God.Quiet moments, worship God.Painful moments, trust God.Every moment, thank God. Hello to all you wonderful members of Breath Support.  I have been reading your postings for several months, getting to know you and taking in all the knowledge and wisdom you have collectively.  I know most of you fairly well now, forming a visual image of you and imagining the sound of your voice from your postings.  Each person's post is unique and each voice is distinct. My name is Jack Marshall.  I was diagnosed with IPF in June 2005.  A recent biopsy changed that to UIP, although I haven't been able to determine the difference, if any.  My condition appears to be fairly stable.  My only problems are the eternal cough and a continuously runny nose.  My o2 readings remain in the 96 - 98 range.  So far, I have no limitations on my activities except mountain climbing. Personal notes:  I am 79, although I have no idea how I got there.  I work full time managing my busines with the support of a wonderful and devoted staff, one of whom is a former nurse.  In addition to the business I am a playwright and author. Before the year ends, I will have disposed of my properties here in Maine and will relocate to Pittsboro, NC, 20 minutes from Duke University and Dr. on.  I hope to participate in some of their trials and receive some of their expert medical advise. When I read of your trials and tribulations, which are so much greater than mine, I feel helpless and wish I could give you some solace.  At the same time I doubt my worthiness to be member of this group but hope you will accept me anyway. JackIPF 6/05 UIP 5/08

Guest guest

Welcome, Welcome Jack!

Business owner, playwright and author, what an interesting life you have. It is great your 02 readings are so high and that you have stayed stable other than the dreaded cough we all share. I am glad you've joined us and can't wait to hear your "unique voice" and get to know you better. God bless you- Sarcoid/PF 3/2006 California

New Guy on the Ward

Jack

IPF 6/05 UIP 5/08

Guest guest

Jack,

Welcome to our group. Wow, you are doing great. Staying stable is a good thing. No, there is no difference in IPF and UIP as far as I can tell. I have had several different names put to my fibrosis, even with open lung biopsy. There is not one name they can put to it that will change anything. It is there.

I can see you have a positive attitude. I am glad that you are researching and finding excellent medical care.

Stick around and share information.

Hugs, Joyce D.Pulmonary Fibrosis 1997 Bronchiectasis 2004 Pulmonary Hypertension 2008 Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, RA, Sjogren's, etc) Rejected for Transplant 2006 .....I will not forget you. Behold, I have engraved you on the palm of my hands. Isaiah 49: 15-16 >> Hello to all you wonderful members of Breath Support. I have been reading your postings for several months, getting to know you and taking in all the knowledge and wisdom you have collectively. I know most of you fairly well now, forming a visual image of you and imagining the sound of your voice from your postings. Each person's post is unique and each voice is distinct.> My name is Jack Marshall. I was diagnosed with IPF in June 2005. A recent biopsy changed that to UIP, although I haven't been able to determine the difference, if any. My condition appears to be fairly stable. My only problems are the eternal cough and a continuously runny nose. My o2 readings remain in the 96 - 98 range. So far, I have no limitations on my activities except mountain climbing.> Personal notes: I am 79, although I have no idea how I got there. I work full time managing my busines with the support of a wonderful and devoted staff, one of whom is a former nurse. In addition to the business I am a playwright and author.> Before the year ends, I will have disposed of my properties here in Maine and will relocate to Pittsboro, NC, 20 minutes from Duke University and Dr. on. I hope to participate in some of their trials and receive some of their expert medical advise.> When I read of your trials and tribulations, which are so much greater than mine, I feel helpless and wish I could give you some solace. At the same time I doubt my worthiness to be member of this group but hope you will accept me anyway.> Jack> IPF 6/05 UIP 5/08>

Guest guest

Welcome to the group, Jack. You are more than worthy to be with this group. Glad you are here but sad for the reason you are here. I, too, was diagnosed first with COPD, then IPF 2007 and then UIP January 2008. I am going to UAB in Birmingham in 3 weeks and hope to get more expert medical advice and help there, too. I wish you all the best. I hope I can make it to 79. I am only 47 and this disease has severely limited my abilities to be as active as I was even a year ago. I am glad to have you here with the group.CaroASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/07, UIP 01/08, RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS 03/08Mississippi

Subject: New Guy on the WardTo: "Breathe-Support Group" <Breathe-Support >Date: Friday, May 23, 2008, 7:47 AM

Jack

IPF 6/05 UIP 5/08

Guest guest

Hi Jack

Have a welcome from across the pond, but I'm sorry that you had to find us. It's always nice when the lurkers pop in and say hello I'll look forward to reading your posts

Love Ze (38) Dermatomyositis, Pulmonary Fibrosis et al for years, pulmonary hypertension 2008

> > From: Jack Marshall & lt;mrshlljck@... & gt;> Subject: New Guy on the Ward> To: "Breathe-Support Group" & lt;Breathe-Support & gt;> Date: Friday, May 23, 2008, 7:47 AM> > > > > > > > > Hello to all you wonderful members of Breath Support. & nbsp; I have been reading your postings for several months, getting to know you and taking in all the knowledge and wisdom you have collectively. & nbsp; I know most of you fairly well now, forming a visual image of you and imagining the sound of your & nbsp;voice from your postings. & nbsp; Each person's post is unique and each voice is distinct.> & nbsp;> My name is Jack Marshall. & nbsp; I was diagnosed with IPF in June 2005. & nbsp; A recent biopsy changed that to UIP, although I haven't been able to determine the difference, if any. & nbsp; My condition appears to be fairly stable. & nbsp; My only problems are the eternal cough and a continuously runny nose. & nbsp; My o2 readings remain in the 96 - 98 range. & nbsp; So far, I have no limitations on my activities except mountain climbing.> & nbsp;> Personal notes: & nbsp; I am 79, although I have no idea how I got there. & nbsp; I work full time managing my busines with the support of a wonderful and devoted staff, one of whom is a former nurse. & nbsp; In addition to the business I am a playwright and author.> & nbsp;> Before the year ends, I will have disposed of my properties here in Maine and will relocate to Pittsboro, NC, 20 minutes from Duke University and Dr. on. & nbsp; I hope to participate in some of their trials and receive some of their expert medical advise.> & nbsp;> When I read of your trials and tribulations, which & nbsp;are so & nbsp;much greater than mine, I feel helpless and wish I could & nbsp;give you some solace. & nbsp; At the same time I doubt my worthiness to be member of this group but hope you will accept me anyway.> & nbsp;> Jack> IPF 6/05 UIP 5/08>