RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Pulmo Rehab

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Thanks Geeta!! I am going today for second pulmo rehab visit at 1P. I have caught a chest cold and I am really not expecting to do very well at all today, but am going to try. Thanks for the help on breathing. I have really been trying to practice!! CaroASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/07, UIP 01/08, RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS 03/08Mississippi>> Hi all,> > Haven't had a chance to post for a few days but I am back!! I had my > second pulmo rehab visit yesterday. I learned pursed lip > breathing!! Now I actually know what it is!! She also tried to > teach me diaphragmatic breathing and I think I will never get it!! > It is totally opposite of the way I breathe. She said I need to > learn to breathe

through my stomach instead of my lungs. I am > supposed to push my stomach out when I inhale instead of sucking in > when I inhale which is what I do. I will never get that one right!! > I got to get on all the machines they had and they checked my sats > after each one. Did 5 minutes on a rowing machine, sat was 99. Did > 5 minutes on an exercise bike, sat was 99. Did 5 minutes on a > NuStep, sat was 99 (actually I think it dropped a little then because > she didn't take it right away after I got off the machine. I had > rested a few minutes before she took it. Lastly was the treadmill. > Was SUPPOSED to do 10 minutes at 1.2 mph (not fast at all). Made it > to 5 minutes and I was like, man this is a long 10 minutes. She said > if you are getting tired, you can stop. I said no. I was going to > MAKE myself do the 10 minutes. Next minute

went by my chest felt > like it was on fire!! She came back and stood beside me and said, > you are just huffing and puffing. We had better stop you at 8 > minutes. Got off, sat was 91. She said if it was 89, I would have > needed oxygen or they may have even sent me over to the ER. I asked > her, "so if I had made the 10 minutes, it probably would have hit > 89?" She said yeah, probably. So I only made it 1 hour yesterday > instead of two, but am to go back Wednesday and Friday, so will be > Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 1 to 3. I knew my sats had to be > dropping during exercise cuz I get so SOB. I just didn't realize how > much. So basically, after 20 minutes of exercise, I dropped to 91. > I feel like I am going to be seeing oxygen in the very near future, > if nothing else for now during exercise. The thought scares the hell >

out of me!! I know so many of you are already there and I have been > fortunate to have made it this far without it. I have been trying to > get a cold the last couple of days. Started with the sneezing and > cough Saturday, coughing more yesterday, coughing even more today > with sinus drainage. YUK!! That is all I need. Weird how this > disease sometimes stays dormant and you forget you have it. I have > been fairly well the last few weeks, then boom the bomb drops on you > again and you realize all over -- HERE WE GO AGAIN!! I am sick > again. I REALLY REALLY HATE THIS DISEASE!!! My Birmingham date is > getting closer and closer (June 17) and I am excited about that, so > that is keeping me pumped up somewhat.> > I hope all is well with everyone. I have been trying to keep up with > the posts but this is the first chance I had to

actually post > anything. Have been swamped with work but keeping busy. Maybe why I > got sick again. I am just exhausted. > > Well, I hope you all have a wonderful day and a wonderful week!! I > think of you all each and every day!! Hugs from me!!> > Caro>