RemedySpot.com

LOTS OF NOSTALGIA.......................

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I will make this short, (yeah right). Since the increase in my # of

liters I am using which is 6, from 2 last Oct. 2007, I have been,

amongst other endeavors, reflecting on a certain person in my life when

I was from 5-12 years old. I was friends with a girl down the same

street as I was in Short Hills, NJ. I have not seen her since 1946,

which is 62 years ago. I talked with her on the phone in 1972, and she

lived in Michigan. That was 36 yrs. ago, we lived in MA then, raising

my first family.

I have been thinking about the very special times we played after

school and played " Roly-Poly " with ball and bat. Anyhow, life goes on

and God surely led me last night to Google her name. I did and it was

God Given. I learned that she had died April 5, 2008, just a few weeks

ago. She was 73 as I am. I sat next to her in elem. school for 7

years, kindergarten - 6th grade. She was a really fun gal to be with

and the only girl in my neighborhood. She used to draw pics. of horses

with pencil and paper. This was in 1940's so no ink pens or ink wells,

and during WWII also. Her drawings were nothing less than perfection.

It said last night in her obituary that had a beloved partner, it gave

her name, I looked it up on White Pages and called her in Place

NY on Long Island. I explained to her who I was, she was glad I

called. I told her that I was led to call and if it was inconvenient

that I would hang up. She was very gracious and about an hour later

she called me back and said she didn't get my name. I told her, then I

asked her if it was ok to ask how she passed away. She said she had

been diagnosed in 2002 with IPF, and that is how she died. I sat there

in quiet tears streaming down my face. It was as if my dear friend had

been tapping me on the shoulder asking me to call her family. I told

the lady friend of hers that what I had was IPF diagnosed in 2003. She

told me she was never on prednisone but was on oxygen for 1 1/2 years,

and shared with me the turmoil during the last 3 months of her life

where I have been searching and searching and searching the web for

info on " end stage " of IPF. There isn't anything on it because not

enough is known about the disease. She did not want to die in the

hospital, nor go on any IV's either. She was on morphine and that made

her quite anxious and was having trouble swallowing. They added a

prescription drug called ATIVAN which is like xanax or valium, and that

mixed with the morphine made all the difference in the world with her

last couple of weeks and she woke up on April 5, 2008, went to the

bathroom, then went to bed and took a nap and never woke up. All the

while tears were flowing from my cheeks so very thankful to God in

Heaven that I was led to know this about my friend.

It turned out that she is a very famous artist and printwork artist

with her work shown all over the world.

The ironic thing about this last 24 hours in my life is that by 1 (one)

day May 17th which is tomorrow, they are having a Celebration of her

Life at the Edgewood United Church in E. Lansing MI. Even though she

passed away on April 5, now I CAN BE WITH HER AND HER FAMILY AS THEY

CELEBRATE HER LIFE (WITH ME). When her partner and I were talking last

night she invited me to go into the Newsday.com site where my friends

Guest Book was and write a short note about our friendship. I knew

then that it was meant to be, and I know now that she will be waiting

for me when God takes me home.

I love you this day !!!

Lou

Guest guest

Lou,

What a sweet story. Life is so strange.

Hugs, Joyce D.Pulmonary Fibrosis 1997 Bronchiectasis 2004 Pulmonary Hypertension 2008 Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, RA, Sjogren's, etc) Rejected for Transplant 2006 .....I will not forget you. Behold, I have engraved you on the palm of my hands. Isaiah 49: 15-16>> I will make this short, (yeah right). Since the increase in my # of > liters I am using which is 6, from 2 last Oct. 2007, I have been, > amongst other endeavors, reflecting on a certain person in my life when > I was from 5-12 years old. I was friends with a girl down the same > street as I was in Short Hills, NJ. I have not seen her since 1946, > which is 62 years ago. I talked with her on the phone in 1972, and she > lived in Michigan. That was 36 yrs. ago, we lived in MA then, raising > my first family.> > I have been thinking about the very special times we played after > school and played "Roly-Poly" with ball and bat. Anyhow, life goes on > and God surely led me last night to Google her name. I did and it was > God Given. I learned that she had died April 5, 2008, just a few weeks > ago. She was 73 as I am. I sat next to her in elem. school for 7 > years, kindergarten - 6th grade. She was a really fun gal to be with > and the only girl in my neighborhood. She used to draw pics. of horses > with pencil and paper. This was in 1940's so no ink pens or ink wells, > and during WWII also. Her drawings were nothing less than perfection. > > It said last night in her obituary that had a beloved partner, it gave > her name, I looked it up on White Pages and called her in Place > NY on Long Island. I explained to her who I was, she was glad I > called. I told her that I was led to call and if it was inconvenient > that I would hang up. She was very gracious and about an hour later > she called me back and said she didn't get my name. I told her, then I > asked her if it was ok to ask how she passed away. She said she had > been diagnosed in 2002 with IPF, and that is how she died. I sat there > in quiet tears streaming down my face. It was as if my dear friend had > been tapping me on the shoulder asking me to call her family. I told > the lady friend of hers that what I had was IPF diagnosed in 2003. She > told me she was never on prednisone but was on oxygen for 1 1/2 years, > and shared with me the turmoil during the last 3 months of her life > where I have been searching and searching and searching the web for > info on "end stage" of IPF. There isn't anything on it because not > enough is known about the disease. She did not want to die in the > hospital, nor go on any IV's either. She was on morphine and that made > her quite anxious and was having trouble swallowing. They added a > prescription drug called ATIVAN which is like xanax or valium, and that > mixed with the morphine made all the difference in the world with her > last couple of weeks and she woke up on April 5, 2008, went to the > bathroom, then went to bed and took a nap and never woke up. All the > while tears were flowing from my cheeks so very thankful to God in > Heaven that I was led to know this about my friend. > > It turned out that she is a very famous artist and printwork artist > with her work shown all over the world. > > The ironic thing about this last 24 hours in my life is that by 1 (one) > day May 17th which is tomorrow, they are having a Celebration of her > Life at the Edgewood United Church in E. Lansing MI. Even though she > passed away on April 5, now I CAN BE WITH HER AND HER FAMILY AS THEY > CELEBRATE HER LIFE (WITH ME). When her partner and I were talking last > night she invited me to go into the Newsday.com site where my friends > Guest Book was and write a short note about our friendship. I knew > then that it was meant to be, and I know now that she will be waiting > for me when God takes me home.> I love you this day !!!> Lou>

Guest guest

Lou...what an incredible story. I'm sorry you missed your friend by such a short span of time but glad you found her companion and can have a little closure.

It's a good reminder to contact people we remember isn't it.

Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

LOTS OF NOSTALGIA.......................

I will make this short, (yeah right). Since the increase in my # of liters I am using which is 6, from 2 last Oct. 2007, I have been, amongst other endeavors, reflecting on a certain person in my life when I was from 5-12 years old. I was friends with a girl down the same street as I was in Short Hills, NJ. I have not seen her since 1946, which is 62 years ago. I talked with her on the phone in 1972, and she lived in Michigan. That was 36 yrs. ago, we lived in MA then, raising my first family.I have been thinking about the very special times we played after school and played "Roly-Poly" with ball and bat. Anyhow, life goes on and God surely led me last night to Google her name. I did and it was God Given. I learned that she had died April 5, 2008, just a few weeks ago. She was 73 as I am. I sat next to her in elem. school for 7 years, kindergarten - 6th grade. She was a really fun gal to be with and the only girl in my neighborhood. She used to draw pics. of horses with pencil and paper. This was in 1940's so no ink pens or ink wells, and during WWII also. Her drawings were nothing less than perfection. It said last night in her obituary that had a beloved partner, it gave her name, I looked it up on White Pages and called her in Place NY on Long Island. I explained to her who I was, she was glad I called. I told her that I was led to call and if it was inconvenient that I would hang up. She was very gracious and about an hour later she called me back and said she didn't get my name. I told her, then I asked her if it was ok to ask how she passed away. She said she had been diagnosed in 2002 with IPF, and that is how she died. I sat there in quiet tears streaming down my face. It was as if my dear friend had been tapping me on the shoulder asking me to call her family. I told the lady friend of hers that what I had was IPF diagnosed in 2003. She told me she was never on prednisone but was on oxygen for 1 1/2 years, and shared with me the turmoil during the last 3 months of her life where I have been searching and searching and searching the web for info on "end stage" of IPF. There isn't anything on it because not enough is known about the disease. She did not want to die in the hospital, nor go on any IV's either. She was on morphine and that made her quite anxious and was having trouble swallowing. They added a prescription drug called ATIVAN which is like xanax or valium, and that mixed with the morphine made all the difference in the world with her last couple of weeks and she woke up on April 5, 2008, went to the bathroom, then went to bed and took a nap and never woke up. All the while tears were flowing from my cheeks so very thankful to God in Heaven that I was led to know this about my friend. It turned out that she is a very famous artist and printwork artist with her work shown all over the world. The ironic thing about this last 24 hours in my life is that by 1 (one) day May 17th which is tomorrow, they are having a Celebration of her Life at the Edgewood United Church in E. Lansing MI. Even though she passed away on April 5, now I CAN BE WITH HER AND HER FAMILY AS THEY CELEBRATE HER LIFE (WITH ME). When her partner and I were talking last night she invited me to go into the Newsday.com site where my friends Guest Book was and write a short note about our friendship. I knew then that it was meant to be, and I know now that she will be waiting for me when God takes me home.I love you this day !!! Lou