RemedySpot.com

excercises to strengthe the lungs

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Any suggestions on things I can do to breathe easier and strengthe my lungs. thanks :)waheningmd wrote: Dear All,I had an intake interview with the transplant group atColumbia-Presbyterian last Friday. The good news was that myinsurance gave no issues at all (Blue Choice HMO -- self pay, now$800/month). I had mixed feelings that they seemed to indicate thatthey would now bring me in for the 3 days of tests -- somehow, I hadhoped that they would tell me to

come back when I worse!! that, neverhaving used O2 except for exercise, I wasn't severe enough to meritfurther evaluation. The tests sound a little less intimidating than I had thought fromsome of the posts I've read (I dip in and out -- don't know how someof the regulars keep up with the hundreds of daily posts!!).The doctor whom I saw certainly seemed to make it quite clear to methat life post transplant was no bed of roses -- whether this is aroutine to scare away those not serious or the beginning of a hardeducation is unclear to me. But it seemed to be about as difficult alifestyle as that of someone on Aids maintenance therapy withintermittent setbacks.I would welcome any general or specific emails from those who havealready gone through transplant or are waiting for one.Wayne HeningNY/63/IPF 5/06 Angie