RemedySpot.com

Roxanne/coughing

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Roxanne,

Lack of 02 causes coughing, then causes your 02 saturation to drop further...which becomes a vicious cycle.

Coughing is soooooo exhausting. It leaves me limp sometimes. My cough is productive so the doctor does not like me to take suppressive cough meds. But, I have went back to the Tessalon Pearles at night. Codine works great for me, but they don't let me use it.

I use a nebulizer (Duoneb) 4 times a day and that helps the coughing for a time. I used Advair for a time, but I had voice loss and they thought it may have caused it. I like nebulizers because they introduce moisture into my bronchia and the cough is so dry feeling.

I have broken 3 ribs coughing. And, it makes the muscles in my neck and shoulder area sore.

I also hate the social situations where coughing is so embarassing.

Not a fun disease, but life is sweet.....Hope you can get some relief!

Hugs, Joyce D.Pulmonary Fibrosis 1997 Bronchiectasis 2004 Pulmonary Hypertension 2008 Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, RA, Sjogren's, etc) Rejected for Transplant 2006 .....I will not forget you. Behold, I have engraved you on the palm of my hands. Isaiah 49: 15-16