RemedySpot.com

Re: liq. oxy. freezing up

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Thanks ML....I'm saving this info.

Hope you are enjoying your new freedom!

Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

liq. oxy. freezing up

Freezing UpLiquid portables can freeze up after filling, particularly during humid weather. When they do freeze up, the flow of oxygen stops and remains stopped for 10 to 20 minutes. Liquid portables freeze up because extremely low temperatures around the fill port freezes any moisture close by and turn it into ice crystals. These ice crystals cling to the nearby parts on the portable making it too cold to perform normal operations. You can reduce episodes of this type by doing two things: Dry the fill ports of both the reservoir and portable with a towel before connecting them. When filling is complete and the fill lever is closed, allow the portable to remain connected to the reservoir for about 20 seconds before disconnecting. If the two units cannot be separated easily, allow another l20 seconnds before disconnecting. Should the valve of the portable continiue to vent when disconnected, reconnect for 20 seconds.If, after filling your liquid portable unit, oxygen stops flowing you should do the following: Find another source of oxygen to use for the 10 to 20 minutes it will take for the coils to warm and the oxygen to flow. Reduce this recovery time by moving the portable to a place where it is warmer, but never near an open flame. DO NOT touch the fill port of the reservoir or portable. Its temperature is cold enough to cause skin burns. mlp

Guest guest

Lou!!! That was very interesting. I'm glad you wrote that because we do struggle with freezing up. Those little tips certainly do make things easier. K IllinoisSher Bauman wrote: Thanks ML....I'm saving this info. Hope you are enjoying your new freedom! Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08

OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there! liq. oxy. freezing up Freezing UpLiquid portables can freeze up after filling, particularly during humid weather. When they do freeze up, the flow of oxygen stops and remains stopped for 10 to 20 minutes. Liquid portables freeze up

because extremely low temperatures around the fill port freezes any moisture close by and turn it into ice crystals. These ice crystals cling to the nearby parts on the portable making it too cold to perform normal operations. You can reduce episodes of this type by doing two things: Dry the fill ports of both the reservoir and portable with a towel before connecting them. When filling is complete and the fill lever is closed, allow the portable to remain connected to the reservoir for about 20 seconds before disconnecting. If the two units cannot be separated easily, allow another l20 seconnds before disconnecting. Should the valve of the portable continiue to vent when disconnected, reconnect for 20 seconds.If, after filling your liquid portable unit, oxygen stops flowing you should do the following: Find another source of oxygen to use for the 10 to 20 minutes it will take for the coils to

warm and the oxygen to flow. Reduce this recovery time by moving the portable to a place where it is warmer, but never near an open flame. DO NOT touch the fill port of the reservoir or portable. Its temperature is cold enough to cause skin burns. mlp K Central Il Hubby ipf- 2006 As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord 14

Guest guest

Lou...I'm not supposed to...but I

have used a hairdryer to warm up the stupid Helios!!!!

It freezes up during use especially if I'm really talkative or working

on pottery

and n ot paying attention to the position of the Helios. I know that

heat from the dryer could be a problem.

but..so-far so -good!!!! There have been some on this board who have

scolded me...so don't tell them!

Z fibriotic NSIP/05

Z 64,

fibriotic NSIP/o5/PA

And “mild”

PH/10/07 and Reynaud’s too!!

No, NSIP was not

self-inflicted…I never smoked!

Potter,

reader,carousel lover and MomMom to

Darah

and Sara

“I’m gonna be

iron like a lion in Zion” Bob Marley

Lou wrote:

Freezing Up

Liquid portables can freeze up after filling, particularly during

humid weather. When they do freeze up, the flow of oxygen stops and

remains stopped for 10 to 20 minutes.

Liquid portables freeze up because extremely low temperatures around

the fill port freezes any moisture close by and turn it into ice

crystals. These ice crystals cling to the nearby parts on the

portable making it too cold to perform normal operations.

You can reduce episodes of this type by doing two things:

Dry the fill ports of both the reservoir and portable with a towel

before connecting them.

When filling is complete and the fill lever is closed, allow the

portable to remain connected to the reservoir for about 20 seconds

before disconnecting. If the two units cannot be separated easily,

allow another l20 seconnds before disconnecting.

Should the valve of the portable continiue to vent when disconnected,

reconnect for 20 seconds.

If, after filling your liquid portable unit, oxygen stops flowing you

should do the following:

Find another source of oxygen to use for the 10 to 20 minutes it will

take for the coils to warm and the oxygen to flow.

Reduce this recovery time by moving the portable to a place where it

is warmer, but never near an open flame.

DO NOT touch the fill port of the reservoir or portable. Its

temperature is cold enough to cause skin burns.

mlp

No virus found in this incoming message.

Checked by AVG. Version: 8.0.100 / Virus Database: 269.23.21/1454 - Release Date: 5/19/2008 7:44 AM

Guest guest

Hey girls, It seems like all I get done is trying to catch up with posts. I like to read all of them because I learn a lot. The Liquid O2 guy told us to pull down the lever on the portable unit for the count of 20. Then let it go back to the regular position for the count of 10. Pull down for the count of 20 and then back up for the count of 10. Continue until full. We haven't had a freeze up since we started doing that. hugs K Illilnois Zion wrote: Lou...I'm not supposed to...but I have used a hairdryer to warm up the stupid Helios!!!!It freezes up during use especially if I'm really talkative or working on pottery and n ot paying attention to the position of the Helios. I know that heat from the dryer could be a problem. but..so-far so -good!!!! There have been some on this board who have scolded me...so don't tell them! Z 64, fibriotic NSIP/o5/PA And “mild” PH/10/07 and Reynaud’s too!! No, NSIP was not self-inflicted…I never smoked! Potter,

reader,carousel lover and MomMom to Darah and Sara “I’m gonna be iron like a lion in Zion” Bob Marley <!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]--> <!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]--> Lou wrote: Freezing UpLiquid portables can freeze up after filling, particularly during humid weather. When they do freeze up, the flow of oxygen stops and

remains stopped for 10 to 20 minutes. Liquid portables freeze up because extremely low temperatures around the fill port freezes any moisture close by and turn it into ice crystals. These ice crystals cling to the nearby parts on the portable making it too cold to perform normal operations. You can reduce episodes of this type by doing two things: Dry the fill ports of both the reservoir and portable with a towel before connecting them. When filling is complete and the fill lever is closed, allow the portable to remain connected to the reservoir for about 20 seconds before disconnecting. If the two units cannot be separated easily, allow another l20 seconnds before disconnecting. Should the valve of the portable continiue to vent when disconnected, reconnect for 20 seconds.If, after filling your liquid portable unit, oxygen stops flowing you should do the following: Find another source of

oxygen to use for the 10 to 20 minutes it will take for the coils to warm and the oxygen to flow. Reduce this recovery time by moving the portable to a place where it is warmer, but never near an open flame. DO NOT touch the fill port of the reservoir or portable. Its temperature is cold enough to cause skin burns. mlp No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG. Version: 8.0.100 / Virus Database: 269.23.21/1454 - Release Date: 5/19/2008 7:44 AM K Central Il Hubby ipf- 2006 As for me and my house, we will

serve the Lord 14

Guest guest

Z...tell me why "heat" is a problem around the Helios............

Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Lou...I'm not supposed to...but I have used a hairdryer to warm up the stupid Helios!!!!It freezes up during use especially if I'm really talkative or working on pottery and n ot paying attention to the position of the Helios. I know that heat from the dryer could be a problem. but..so-far so -good!!!! There have been some on this board who have scolded me...so don't tell them!

Z 64, fibriotic NSIP/o5/PA

And “mild” PH/10/07 and Reynaud’s too!!

No, NSIP was not self-inflicted…I never smoked!

Potter, reader,carousel lover and MomMom to Darah

and Sara

“I’m gonna be iron like a lion in Zion” Bob Marley

<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]-->

<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]--> Lou wrote:

Freezing UpLiquid portables can freeze up after filling, particularly during humid weather. When they do freeze up, the flow of oxygen stops and remains stopped for 10 to 20 minutes. Liquid portables freeze up because extremely low temperatures around the fill port freezes any moisture close by and turn it into ice crystals. These ice crystals cling to the nearby parts on the portable making it too cold to perform normal operations. You can reduce episodes of this type by doing two things: Dry the fill ports of both the reservoir and portable with a towel before connecting them. When filling is complete and the fill lever is closed, allow the portable to remain connected to the reservoir for about 20 seconds before disconnecting. If the two units cannot be separated easily, allow another l20 seconnds before disconnecting. Should the valve of the portable continiue to vent when disconnected, reconnect for 20 seconds.If, after filling your liquid portable unit, oxygen stops flowing you should do the following: Find another source of oxygen to use for the 10 to 20 minutes it will take for the coils to warm and the oxygen to flow. Reduce this recovery time by moving the portable to a place where it is warmer, but never near an open flame. DO NOT touch the fill port of the reservoir or portable. Its temperature is cold enough to cause skin burns. mlp

Checked by AVG. Version: 8.0.100 / Virus Database: 269.23.21/1454 - Release Date: 5/19/2008 7:44 AM

Guest guest

Sher, It's not heat per say...it's the

possibility of sparks!!!

Z fibriotic NSIP/05

Z 64,

fibriotic NSIP/o5/PA

And “mild”

No, NSIP was not

Potter,

reader,carousel lover and MomMom to

Darah

and Sara

“I’m gonna be

iron like a lion in Zion” Bob Marley

Sher Bauman wrote:

Z...tell me why "heat" is a

problem around the Helios............

Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP

4/08 OR.

Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

-----

Original Message -----

Zion

To:

Breathe-Support

Sent:

Monday, May 19, 2008 5:07 PM

Subject:

Lou...I'm not supposed

to...but I have used a hairdryer to warm up the stupid Helios!!!!

It freezes up during use especially if I'm really talkative or working

on pottery

and n ot paying attention to the position of the Helios. I know that

heat from the dryer could be a problem.

but..so-far so -good!!!! There have been some on this board who have

scolded me...so don't tell them!

Z

64, fibriotic NSIP/o5/PA

And “mild”

No, NSIP was not

Potter,

reader,carousel lover and MomMom to Darah

and Sara

“I’m

gonna be iron like a lion in Zion” Bob Marley

<!--[if

!supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]-->

Lou wrote:

Freezing Up

Liquid portables can freeze up after filling, particularly during

humid weather. When they do freeze up, the flow of oxygen stops and

remains stopped for 10 to 20 minutes.

Liquid portables freeze up because extremely low temperatures around

the fill port freezes any moisture close by and turn it into ice

crystals. These ice crystals cling to the nearby parts on the

portable making it too cold to perform normal operations.

You can reduce episodes of this type by doing two things:

Dry the fill ports of both the reservoir and portable with a towel

before connecting them.

When filling is complete and the fill lever is closed, allow the

portable to remain connected to the reservoir for about 20 seconds

before disconnecting. If the two units cannot be separated easily,

allow another l20 seconnds before disconnecting.

Should the valve of the portable continiue to vent when disconnected,

reconnect for 20 seconds.

If, after filling your liquid portable unit, oxygen stops flowing you

should do the following:

Find another source of oxygen to use for the 10 to 20 minutes it will

take for the coils to warm and the oxygen to flow.

Reduce this recovery time by moving the portable to a place where it

is warmer, but never near an open flame.

DO NOT touch the fill port of the reservoir or portable. Its

temperature is cold enough to cause skin burns.

mlp

Checked by AVG. Version: 8.0.100 / Virus Database: 269.23.21/1456 - Release Date: 5/20/2008 6:45 AM

Guest guest

That's what I thought, sparks, not the heat but that isn't the way you wrote it and I thought there was a tidbit out there I didn't know about.

I really seem to want to go on the liquid but drag my feet because I hate the noise the pulse makes. People turn around when I'm coming as though a snake is after them. l stttttt, stttttt all over the place. I hate to give up my silent regulator.

Lou...I'm not supposed to...but I have used a hairdryer to warm up the stupid Helios!!!!It freezes up during use especially if I'm really talkative or working on pottery and n ot paying attention to the position of the Helios. I know that heat from the dryer could be a problem. but..so-far so -good!!!! There have been some on this board who have scolded me...so don't tell them!

Z 64, fibriotic NSIP/o5/PA

And “mild” PH/10/07 and Reynaud’s too!!

No, NSIP was not self-inflicted…I never smoked!

Potter, reader,carousel lover and MomMom to Darah

and Sara

“I’m gonna be iron like a lion in Zion” Bob Marley

<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]--> Lou wrote:

Checked by AVG. Version: 8.0.100 / Virus Database: 269.23.21/1456 - Release Date: 5/20/2008 6:45 AM