RemedySpot.com

Re: To Jack

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Jack,

I missed the VATS and RLS question....

RLS as far as I know stands for Restless Leg Syndrome. For some reason many many people with lung disease also deal with RLS. One of those things that makes you go hmmmmmm

VATS stands for Video Assisted Thoracic Surgery. This is when they do a lung biopsy by means of a couple of tiny incisions and insert a scope with a camera in one incision and the instrument to gather tissue through one or two others. It's somewhat less invasive than an open lung biopsy though still considered major surgery since they are taking a several pieces of your lung.

Beth

Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06

Change everything. Love and Forgive

To Jack

Mornin' Jack....I will add a couple thoughts.

SATS is also short for O2 level in blood. Can be checked with an oximeter that many of us have....can be purchased for as little as $65 at www.portablenebs. com. I have one of these and it works fine. Off only one number. The Nonin oximeter is cream of the crop however. Same site.

When one is sob (!) it's necessary to see if our O2 level is above 90 at all times....hence the oximeter to check sats.

VATS is a surgical procedure, in short, to take a bio to (try) determine what strain of PF one has.

I don't know what RLS is...I"I'll no doubt thump my head when someone answers though.

Do you read mail from your own inbox or from the web? Occasionally I notice there is no message and I think the person 'sent' before adding one. I read from my own inbox. Much prefer it.

I sent you some questions earlier...did you see them?

Keep coming back.

Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Guest guest

MB....yeah, I thumped my head! Of course, RLS is Restless Leg Syndrome!

Hi to you today.

To Jack

SATS is also short for O2 level in blood. Can be checked with an oximeter that many of us have....can be purchased for as little as $65 at www.portablenebs. com. I have one of these and it works fine. Off only one number. The Nonin oximeter is cream of the crop however. Same site.

When one is sob (!) it's necessary to see if our O2 level is above 90 at all times....hence the oximeter to check sats.

VATS is a surgical procedure, in short, to take a bio to (try) determine what strain of PF one has.

I don't know what RLS is...I"I'll no doubt thump my head when someone answers though.

Do you read mail from your own inbox or from the web? Occasionally I notice there is no message and I think the person 'sent' before adding one. I read from my own inbox. Much prefer it.

Keep coming back.

Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Guest guest

Thank you Mama Sher. I read the posts from the web, at least temporarily. My security keeps classifying them as spam, which in turn makes my email program inoperable. I will soon change the security program so I can get them on my computer. Usually, the first ten or so posts open up blank. Another of the web's many mysteries.

I am blessed so far, since 2005, to not require oxygen. Mine continually is between 96 and 98.

I plan to buy an oximeter for insurance though.

I thank all of you for responding to my questions. Despite having fibrosis for three years, I still feel I'm in kindergarden in terms of knowledge. That's probably why, Mama Sher, my mental image of you is a wonderful lap where one can snuggle up and be hugged and feel safe. I never had a grandma growing up and my inner child is still looking for her.

Love to all,

Jack ISP 6/05 UIP 5/08

To Jack

Keep coming back.

Guest guest

Mama Sher, your message only appeared after I clicked on reply. I'll try that on all the other blank posts.

Jack

To Jack

Keep coming back.

Guest guest

I didn't receive a message from you with questions. I'll be happy to answer, but not under oath. (:)

Jack

To Jack

Keep coming back.

Guest guest

Jack....what a nice warm vision for one to have of me! I'm old enough now to be flattered when even an 'inner child' wants to climb onto my lap! (grinning). Yeah, I'm one of the mother hens here on the board that's for sure. My wings are always spread for collecting the chicks! I have a 25 year background in HR and it's part of me now...clucking over people.

Maybe my post was one of those that appeared to you as blank...Let's see, I commented about loving Maine, living in Saco for an entire summer. I remember so well getting fresh lobster and cooking on the beach....corn on the cob, French bread and blueberry pie. Ohhhhh my!

You say you are an author....do you have something published? I too am an author, have one book published, ( and a zillion--well not that many, newspaper articles). "Listen to the Silence" by Sher Bauman. There are many books w/that title...I was surprised. As a playwright what have you done we might know? I'm excited to know another writer.

Would you mind adding to your signature, the state where you reside and your age? We easily forget those main details.

If you said, I missed it. Are you feeling ok or struggling? It's good that your sats (!)

are up.

A warm MamaSher hug to that 'inner child'.

To Jack

Keep coming back.

Guest guest

Mama Sher - even the name is comforting. I envy your grandkids. I have a book of short stories which take place in a small Texas town during the first half of the 20th century, which should be out sometime before Christmas. I have other drafts, but I've been sidetracked from my writing for the past several years. I'm the kind of playwright whose plays create a lot of controversry and so do not get produced often. Some years back the New York Times critic in a review of my play The Olathe Response said that 'if Jack Marshall is an example of the morals they allow in Texas, he should go back there."

I didn't, at least not then. Sometime later, I was the founding artisitic director of the Playwrights Theater in Dallas, which was great fun. I've moved on to artistic director emeritus and manage our viritual theater. I supervise an international play contest which I developed some years back. As a consequence I read about 200 - 250 scripts a year. Our web site is www.playwrightstheater.org.

Much of my writing career has been as a journalist, editor and publisher of a counrty weekly (in Texas), speech, legislative testimonry. position papers writer in NYC; three tours totaling 13 years in the USAF, mostly all as press liason officer. I had a wonderul four years in Madrid, Spain as press liason offcer for the Joint US Military Group. Someday I'll tell you a few tales about those wonderful times and the most awesome people I met and worked with.

Next month I have a new play, Soul on Fire, being staged here in Bangor. It may stir up a few fires.

My general health is fine. I'm recovering from the biopsy very nicely. Still a bit of soreness. I don't have any serious breathing problems yet. My SATS (is that correct) stays between 96 - 98.

I still work full time, but that should end by the end of the year.

Blessings to all. And Mama Sher, as I doze off tonight, my inner child will creep up into your lap.

Give him a hug, please.

Jack

Bangor, ME age 79 IPF 06/05 - UIP 05/05

To Jack

Keep coming back.

Guest guest

Jack...when the short stories come out let me know, I'd love to have an autographed copy! Let me know the cost and I'll order one from you or wherever you place your books. Good for you. It feels so good to have work in finished form doesn't it.

What is the reason your writings create controversy? What is the subject or what does your protagonist do?

Your review of the Olathe Response doesn't tell me if your morals are too high or too low. LOL.

I'd love to hear your stories and let me know how Soul on Fire is received. Stir up fires? Again, tell me what you write about that would stir things up . Now I am curious.

So are you retiring at the end of this year or just working less?

BTW (by the way) will you please send to me your mailing address so I can include you in my secret project? I'm mailing out a goodie to lots of the members I am acquainted with. You can also put your info in the database if you are so inclined (from home page). Also go there and look at photos/albums and see what we look like. Post a picture of you too!

Consider a hug always waiting.

MamaSher, age 69.IPF 3-06,NSIP 4-08. OR.Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

To Jack

Keep coming back.

Guest guest

Jack: I would also be very interested in a copy of your book. I

will forward the cost of the book to you and shipping fees. I am an

avid reader and ameteur writer. I am compiling stories for my

children. My two daughters are 22 and 18. My son is 6. I want my

writings to be a legacy for them after I am gone. It's a huge

project for me, but I have a lot of time on my hands. It's nice to

meet you and I have been reading your posts the last couple of days.

I haven't been on the Board very much lately, but I am happy to be

posting again. I miss this Air Family!

God Bless,

Tina

IPF 04/07 PH 11/07

Ohio

>

> Jack...when the short stories come out let me know, I'd love to

have an autographed copy! Let me know the cost and I'll order one

from you or wherever you place your books. Good for you. It feels so

good to have work in finished form doesn't it.

> What is the reason your writings create controversy? What is the

subject or what does your protagonist do?

> Your review of the Olathe Response doesn't tell me if your morals

are too high or too low. LOL.

> I'd love to hear your stories and let me know how Soul on Fire is

received. Stir up fires? Again, tell me what you write about that

would stir things up . Now I am curious.

> So are you retiring at the end of this year or just working less?

> BTW (by the way) will you please send to me your mailing address so

I can include you in my secret project? I'm mailing out a goodie to

lots of the members I am acquainted with. You can also put your info

in the database if you are so inclined (from home page). Also go

there and look at photos/albums and see what we look like. Post a

picture of you too!

> Consider a hug always waiting.

> MamaSher, age 69.IPF 3-06,NSIP 4-08. OR.

> Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

> To Jack

>

>

>

> Mornin' Jack....I will add a couple thoughts.

> SATS is also short for O2 level in blood. Can be checked with

an oximeter that many of us have....can be purchased for as little as

$65 at www.portablenebs. com. I have one of these and it works fine.

Off only one number. The Nonin oximeter is cream of the crop however.

Same site.

> When one is sob (!) it's necessary to see if our O2 level is

above 90 at all times....hence the oximeter to check sats.

>

> VATS is a surgical procedure, in short, to take a bio to (try)

determine what strain of PF one has.

>

> I don't know what RLS is...I " I'll no doubt thump my head when

someone answers though.

>

> Do you read mail from your own inbox or from the web?

Occasionally I notice there is no message and I think the

person 'sent' before adding one. I read from my own inbox. Much

prefer it.

>

> I sent you some questions earlier...did you see them?

> Keep coming back.

>

> Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR.

> Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

>

Guest guest

Most of my work is about sex and religion. I'm not really sure why, but I do like both of them.

The Olathe Response is based on my theory that God did not create man, but that man created God and that this is applicable to all religions. This in itself is enough heresy to drive a critic and audience up the wall. In the case of my play, I have a couple, a man and a woman, competing for the affections of a young man. They play mind games with him, confusing him, until he believes he cannot escape. While it appears that their needs are sexual in nature, they are not. Eventually, they are asking him to accept them both, that they will adore him for all eternity. It is only when he realizes that he was always free to go and that the locks on the doors were in his mind, does he accept. They disrobe him (another naughty-naughty), annoint him, give him a sacrifical knife, then lay out his body and begin the communion

mass.

I remember one man, stomping angrily as he left the theater, exclaim "If I ever meet that SOB (and I don't mean Shortness of Breath) playwright, I'll kill him."

This brief encapsulation of the play probably does it an injustice because it can't really convey why this young man could come to believe them and accept them.

Soul on Fire, which is coming up on stage next month, combines both sex and religion but in an entirely different context. The play is based on an actual historical event that took place in Venice in 1347. I came accross the case in reading a wonderful book called The History of Sex written by an English lady. Of course, my interest was in comparing it with my own history. (I came up on teh short end of the stick.) In brief, the author seemed surprised that it was a love story between two men, a late teenager and his boss, a gondolier in his mid-twenties. They were convicted of sodomy and burned alive at the stake. The boss underwent horrible torture by the Inquisition but still refused to implicte the boy and was trying to save him. Of course they burned the boy, too.

I was curious about the savagery involved, particularly burning people alive, and so began reading all I could on events of the times. What truly amazed me was that the language used then with respect to sodomites are still used today with respect to gay people. So my play tells briefly the love story between the two men, their trial and their execution. I choose as my judges the three most prominent men in the development of Christianity: Saint Augustine, Aquinas, and . What the play really examines is the early churches beliefs and teachings on sexuality.

As an aside, the belief at the time was that the soul passed from the body immediately upon death. The Church believed that it's primary responsibility was to save souls for God, but those souls had to be purified by passing through fire. Hence the need to burn them alive. This practice continued through the 17th century. A small village of 300 people in Holland burned 30 men on one day.

England didn't abolish the death penalty for sodomy until 1850.

Sorry to be so lengthy. As you can tell, I am a monster to many, but in reality I am a simple, sweet boy 79 years old who would rather die than upset people and make them question their beliefs.

Jack

Age 79 IPF 6/05 - UIP 5/08

To Jack

Keep coming back.

Guest guest

To Jack> > > > Mornin' Jack....I will add a couple thoughts.> SATS is also short for O2 level in blood. Can be checked with an oximeter that many of us have....can be purchased for as little as $65 at www.portablenebs. com. I have one of these and it works fine. Off only one number. The Nonin oximeter is cream of the crop however. Same site.> When one is sob (!) it's necessary to see if our O2 level is above 90 at all times....hence the oximeter to check sats.> > VATS is a surgical procedure, in short, to take a bio to (try) determine what strain of PF one has.>

> I don't know what RLS is...I"I'll no doubt thump my head when someone answers though.> > Do you read mail from your own inbox or from the web? Occasionally I notice there is no message and I think the person 'sent' before adding one. I read from my own inbox. Much prefer it.> > I sent you some questions earlier...did you see them?> Keep coming back.> > Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR.> Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!>

Guest guest

Jack this kind of work only wants me to pray harder for your soul. There is ONE true living God and upon My death I will see him face to face. Heaven IS real and the rewards are promised in the Bible. It sounds to me like your work is be perverted. God have mercy on you.Have a soul searching Blessed day. Peggy, ipf 6/04 Florida  Happy moments, praise God.Difficult moments, seek God.Quiet moments, worship God.Painful moments, trust God.Every moment, thank God. Most of my work is about sex and religion.  I'm not really sure why, but I do like both of them. The Olathe Response is based on my theory that God did not create man, but that man created God and that this is applicable to all religions.  This in itself is enough heresy to drive a critic and audience up the wall.  In the case of my play, I have a couple, a man and a woman, competing for the affections of a young man.  They play mind games with him, confusing him, until he believes he cannot escape.  While it appears that their needs are sexual in nature, they are not.  Eventually, they are asking him to accept them both, that they will adore him for all eternity.  It is only when he realizes that he was always free to go and that the locks on the doors were in his mind, does he accept.  They disrobe him (another naughty-naughty), annoint him, give him a sacrifical knife, then lay out his body and begin the communion mass. I remember one man, stomping angrily as he left the theater, exclaim "If I ever meet that SOB (and I don't mean Shortness of Breath) playwright, I'll kill him."  This brief encapsulation of the play probably does it an injustice because it can't really convey why this young man could come to believe them and accept them. Soul on Fire, which is coming up on stage next month, combines both sex and religion but in an entirely different context.  The play is based on an actual historical event that took place in Venice in 1347.  I came accross the case in reading a wonderful book called The History of Sex written by an English lady.  Of course, my interest was in comparing it with my own history.  (I came up on teh short end of the stick.)  In brief, the author seemed surprised that it was a love story between two men, a late teenager and his boss, a gondolier in his mid-twenties.  They were convicted of sodomy and burned alive at the stake.  The boss underwent horrible torture by the Inquisition but still refused to implicte the boy and was trying to save him.  Of course they burned the boy, too. I was curious about the savagery involved, particularly burning people alive, and so began reading all I could on events of the times.  What truly amazed me was that the language used then with respect to sodomites are still used today with respect to gay people.  So my play tells briefly the love story between the two men, their trial and their execution.  I choose as my judges the three most prominent men in the development of Christianity:  Saint Augustine, Aquinas, and .  What the play really examines is the early churches beliefs and teachings on sexuality. As an aside, the belief at the time was that the soul passed from the body immediately upon death.  The Church believed that it's primary responsibility was to save souls for God, but those souls had to be purified by passing through fire.  Hence the need to burn them alive.  This practice continued through the 17th century.  A small village of 300 people in Holland burned 30 men on one day.England didn't abolish the death penalty for sodomy until 1850.  Sorry to be so lengthy.  As you can tell, I am a monster to many, but in reality I am a simple, sweet boy 79 years old who would rather die than upset people and make them question their beliefs. JackAge 79 IPF 6/05 - UIP 5/08     To JackMornin' Jack....I will add a couple thoughts.SATS is also short for O2 level in blood. Can be checked with an oximeter that many of us have....can be purchased for as little as $65 at www.portablenebs. com. I have one of these and it works fine. Off only one number. The Nonin oximeter is cream of the crop however. Same site.When one is sob (!) it's necessary to see if our O2 level is above 90 at all times....hence the oximeter to check sats. VATS is a surgical procedure, in short, to take a bio to (try) determine what strain of PF one has. I don't know what RLS is...I"I'll no doubt thump my head when someone answers though. Do you read mail from your own inbox or from the web? Occasionally I notice there is no message and I think the person 'sent' before adding one. I read from my own inbox. Much prefer it. I sent you some questions earlier...did you see them?Keep coming back.  Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!