the drain out. For some reason though I seem to be loosing more weigh then

the ones who had the lap surgery in my support group. I don't know

why..though I do know Im more commited then some of them. One woman told me

she ate a regular ice cream sandwich. I would dump like crazy if I ate

that..

Namaste,

Mar

>

> Yeah I'm certain last week mt doctor told me! Do the the staples hurt?

>

>

> > buy yourself a couple long body pillows so you can experiment on how to

> > prop

> > your body. Are you certian your having open surgery? Just keep on

> > telling

> > yourself the stapples and drainage tube come out soon..

> > Mar

> >

> > On 7/17/06, xxdedexx@... <xxdedexx%40gmail.com> <

> xxdedexx@... <xxdedexx%40gmail.com>> wrote:

> >>

> >> Me too I always sleep on stomach my thing is I'm scared like a little

> >> baby of sleeping on my back the few times I have I felt as though I

> >> was

> >> getting pinned down in the middle of the night! So I'm really scared

> >> about that lol

> >>

> >> > I had open RNY in January and yes I had to sleep on my back. While I

> >> > was in

> >> > the hospital this was easy for me to do because they gave me

> >> something

> >> > to

> >> > help me sleep. When I went home 5 days later it was a little more

> >> > difficult

> >> > because I went home with a drainage tube. I bought two long body

> >> > pillows

> >> > and kind of proped my body at an angle. I was so happy a few days

> >> later

> >> > when my doctor removed that tube so I could get a good nights sleep

> >> > (I'm a

> >> > stomach sleeper)

> >> > Hope this helps,

> >> > Marilynn

> >> >

> >> > On 7/16/06, xxdedexx@...

<xxdedexx%40gmail.com><xxdedexx%40gmail.com> <

>

> >> xxdedexx@... <xxdedexx%40gmail.com> <xxdedexx%40gmail.com>>

> wrote:

> >> >>

> >> >> HI I HAVE A QUESTION FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE HAD THE SURGERY

> >> OPEN?

> >> >> HOW

> >> >> WAS THE PAIN WHAT WAS IT LIKE AFTER? DID U HAVE TO SLEEP ON YOUR

> >> BACK?

> >> >> JUST IF GUYS COULD SHARE THE EXPEIRENCE WITH ME =) THANK YOU GUYS!

> >> >> yim:oxoxdedeoxox

> >> >>

> >> >>

> >> >

> >> >

• 1 year later...
Guest guest

I was wondering lately the last few weeks, I have noticed I am more

sleepy than usual. when i get up to try and shake the sleepiness, i get

dizzy. no meds just inhalers, no over excertion,no o2, my appitite is

okay although i am eating less of whats on my plate which is good i

hope!

is this part of the deal?

Thanks PF 12/07,COPD 01/04

Guest guest

Me, too. I have a hard time getting to sleep, then I always wake up

around 3:00 a.m., stay awake for a couple of hours, go back to sleep,

then it's time to get up. I make myself not nap during the day. So, I

don't know if it's part of the deal, or not. But, I'm with you.

Alana

Flowery Branch, GA

>

> I was wondering lately the last few weeks, I have noticed I am more

> sleepy than usual. when i get up to try and shake the sleepiness, i

get

> dizzy. no meds just inhalers, no over excertion,no o2, my appitite is

> okay although i am eating less of whats on my plate which is good i

> hope!

> is this part of the deal?

> Thanks PF 12/07,COPD 01/04

>

Guest guest

Hi! I wake if my legs ache or I cough, but sleeping or going back to sleep hasnt been a problem

I go in for other test results on friday. I will mention it. I have gotten some great insight here

I also have my list of questions ready for my visit! This is a wonderful group for so many reasons.

With Warm Regards, Ali Klisser"Be who you are, & say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, & those who matter don't mind." ~Dr. Suess ~

To: Breathe-Support From: zeasman@...Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 19:37:05 +0000Subject: Re: question

Hi ,

It can be, yes. You say you're not on O2, but you might find you need some at night. Do you have an oxymeter to check your sats in the morning? How is your quality of sleep of a night?

But it also might be because of an unrelated virus. I'd get it checked out

Love Ze xx>> I was wondering lately the last few weeks, I have noticed I am more > sleepy than usual. when i get up to try and shake the sleepiness, i get > dizzy. no meds just inhalers, no over excertion,no o2, my appitite is > okay although i am eating less of whats on my plate which is good i > hope!> is this part of the deal? > Thanks PF 12/07,COPD 01/04>

E-mail for the greater good. Join the i’m Initiative from Microsoft.

Guest guest

Do you know why your legs are hurting? I found that before I knew I was in trouble with my sats I would wake up with dreadful pins and needles in my feet and calfs and that was put down to low sats. If it's low sats that are causing your leg pain, then I think it indicates that you might need O2 at night.

Love Ze xx>> I was wondering lately the last few weeks, I have noticed I am more > sleepy than usual. when i get up to try and shake the sleepiness, i get > dizzy. no meds just inhalers, no over excertion,no o2, my appitite is > okay although i am eating less of whats on my plate which is good i > hope!> is this part of the deal? > Thanks PF 12/07,COPD 01/04>> > > > > > > > _________________________________________________________________> E-mail for the greater good. Join the i'm Initiative from Microsoft.> http://im.live.com/Messenger/IM/Join/Default.aspx?source=EML_WL_ GreaterGood>

Guest guest

....it's a good idea to always get something new checked out....especially dizziness. Maybe the dr can answer all your questions.

Re: question

Hi , It can be, yes. You say you're not on O2, but you might find you need some at night. Do you have an oxymeter to check your sats in the morning? How is your quality of sleep of a night?But it also might be because of an unrelated virus. I'd get it checked outLove Ze xx>> I was wondering lately the last few weeks, I have noticed I am more > sleepy than usual. when i get up to try and shake the sleepiness, i get > dizzy. no meds just inhalers, no over excertion,no o2, my appitite is > okay although i am eating less of whats on my plate which is good i > hope!> is this part of the deal? > Thanks PF 12/07,COPD 01/04>

E-mail for the greater good. Join the i’m Initiative from Microsoft.

Guest guest

Hi , More fatigue certainly can come with the territory and can vary from day to day or week to week. Just the coughing requires more energy. I take many medications that can cause more fatigue. If you snore and/or are overweight you should get a sleep apnea sleep study. In my case that is the cause of most fatigue. I have difficulty with exercise so am going to pulmonary rehab soon. Hopefully that will help. By the way I am still not on oxygen and give credit to Imuran and Prednisone for that. I also think you ought to spend the 65.00 dollars for the inexpensive oximeter to check when sob. Good luck, learn as much as you can and have a good life.

Steve 60 from WA IPF 2006 Parkinsons 2008

Alzheimers 2008

Reply-To: Breathe-Support To: Breathe-Support Subject: questionDate: Mon, 26 May 2008 19:19:12 -0000

I was wondering lately the last few weeks, I have noticed I am more sleepy than usual. when i get up to try and shake the sleepiness, i get dizzy. no meds just inhalers, no over excertion,no o2, my appitite is okay although i am eating less of whats on my plate which is good i hope!is this part of the deal? Thanks PF 12/07,COPD 01/04

Guest guest

Thank you Steve, I am going to look into that oximeter? I am a good 40 pds over wt....okay 45 pds

in most countries lol. Its so crazy, I started to think I was going crazy, I mean the physical

difficulties ARE different from day to day. There are days I can walk a long way along the

beach(for some reason not in the city) and there are days I cough but I could count the times

on one hand. I do feel progression I can feel the progress of this disease and that alone

is tiring!

With Warm Regards, Ali Klisser"Be who you are, & say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, & those who matter don't mind." ~Dr. Suess ~

To: Breathe-Support From: svwilson@...Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 17:14:04 -0700Subject: RE: question

Hi , More fatigue certainly can come with the territory and can vary from day to day or week to week. Just the coughing requires more energy. I take many medications that can cause more fatigue. If you snore and/or are overweight you should get a sleep apnea sleep study. In my case that is the cause of most fatigue. I have difficulty with exercise so am going to pulmonary rehab soon. Hopefully that will help. By the way I am still not on oxygen and give credit to Imuran and Prednisone for that. I also think you ought to spend the 65.00 dollars for the inexpensive oximeter to check when sob. Good luck, learn as much as you can and have a good life.

Steve 60 from WA IPF 2006 Parkinsons 2008

Alzheimers 2008

From: "cklisser5995" <cklisserhotmail>Reply-To: Breathe-Support To: Breathe-Support Subject: questionDate: Mon, 26 May 2008 19:19:12 -0000

I was wondering lately the last few weeks, I have noticed I am more sleepy than usual. when i get up to try and shake the sleepiness, i get dizzy. no meds just inhalers, no over excertion,no o2, my appitite is okay although i am eating less of whats on my plate which is good i hope!is this part of the deal? Thanks PF 12/07,COPD 01/04

Keep your kids safer online with Windows Live Family Safety. Help protect your kids.

Guest guest

Ive jotted it down on my doctors visit list! You are so helpful everyone one here is

I am grateful. At night I have a regular fan i sit on a table next to my head

having the fan air it my face makes it more comfortable, but not in all cases.

Thank you for being so caring.

To: Breathe-Support From: zeasman@...Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 20:02:54 +0000Subject: Re: question

Do you know why your legs are hurting? I found that before I knew I was in trouble with my sats I would wake up with dreadful pins and needles in my feet and calfs and that was put down to low sats. If it's low sats that are causing your leg pain, then I think it indicates that you might need O2 at night.

Love Ze xx>> I was wondering lately the last few weeks, I have noticed I am more > sleepy than usual. when i get up to try and shake the sleepiness, i get > dizzy. no meds just inhalers, no over excertion,no o2, my appitite is > okay although i am eating less of whats on my plate which is good i > hope!> is this part of the deal? > Thanks PF 12/07,COPD 01/04>> > > > > > > > _________________________________________________________________> E-mail for the greater good. Join the i'm Initiative from Microsoft.> http://im.live.com/Messenger/IM/Join/Default.aspx?source=EML_WL_ GreaterGood>

Change the world with e-mail. Join the i’m Initiative from Microsoft.

Guest guest

, may i ask what kind of mattress you have I have leg pain as well

God Bless !!

dragonflymcs

Mayleen 02/07 ILD / MCS/ Fibro/ RADS/ TMJD/ IRD +14

< Click on me !!

Re: question

Do you know why your legs are hurting? I found that before I knew I was in trouble with my sats I would wake up with dreadful pins and needles in my feet and calfs and that was put down to low sats. If it's low sats that are causing your leg pain, then I think it indicates that you might need O2 at night.Love Ze xx>> I was wondering lately the last few weeks, I have noticed I am more > sleepy than usual. when i get up to try and shake the sleepiness, i get > dizzy. no meds just inhalers, no over excertion,no o2, my appitite is > okay although i am eating less of whats on my plate which is good i >

hope!> is this part of the deal? > Thanks PF 12/07,COPD 01/04>> > > > > > > > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ ________> E-mail for the greater good. Join the i'm Initiative from Microsoft.> http://im.live. com/Messenger/ IM/Join/Default. aspx?source= EML_WL_ GreaterGood>

Change the world with e-mail. Join the i¢m Initiative from Microsoft.

Guest guest

questionDate: Mon, 26 May 2008 19:19:12 -0000

Keep your kids safer online with Windows Live Family Safety. Help protect your kids.