it!!

> It is totally opposite of the way I breathe. She said I need to

> learn to breathe through my stomach instead of my lungs. I am

> supposed to push my stomach out when I inhale instead of sucking

in

> when I inhale which is what I do. I will never get that one

right!!

> I got to get on all the machines they had and they checked my sats

> after each one. Did 5 minutes on a rowing machine, sat was 99.

Did

> 5 minutes on an exercise bike, sat was 99. Did 5 minutes on a

> NuStep, sat was 99 (actually I think it dropped a little then

because

> she didn't take it right away after I got off the machine. I had

> rested a few minutes before she took it. Lastly was the

treadmill.

> Was SUPPOSED to do 10 minutes at 1.2 mph (not fast at all). Made

it

> to 5 minutes and I was like, man this is a long 10 minutes. She

said

> if you are getting tired, you can stop. I said no. I was going

to

> MAKE myself do the 10 minutes. Next minute went by my chest felt

> like it was on fire!! She came back and stood beside me and said,

> you are just huffing and puffing. We had better stop you at 8

> minutes. Got off, sat was 91. She said if it was 89, I would

have

> needed oxygen or they may have even sent me over to the ER. I

asked

> her, " so if I had made the 10 minutes, it probably would have hit

> 89? " She said yeah, probably. So I only made it 1 hour yesterday

> instead of two, but am to go back Wednesday and Friday, so will be

> Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 1 to 3. I knew my sats had to

be

> dropping during exercise cuz I get so SOB. I just didn't realize

how

> much. So basically, after 20 minutes of exercise, I dropped to

> I feel like I am going to be seeing oxygen in the very near

future,

> if nothing else for now during exercise. The thought scares the

hell

> out of me!! I know so many of you are already there and I have

been

> fortunate to have made it this far without it. I have been trying

to

> get a cold the last couple of days. Started with the sneezing and

> cough Saturday, coughing more yesterday, coughing even more today

> with sinus drainage. YUK!! That is all I need. Weird how this

> disease sometimes stays dormant and you forget you have it. I

have

> been fairly well the last few weeks, then boom the bomb drops on

you

> again and you realize all over -- HERE WE GO AGAIN!! I am sick

> again. I REALLY REALLY HATE THIS DISEASE!!! My Birmingham date

is

> getting closer and closer (June 17) and I am excited about that,

so

> that is keeping me pumped up somewhat.

>

> I hope all is well with everyone. I have been trying to keep up

with

> the posts but this is the first chance I had to actually post

> anything. Have been swamped with work but keeping busy. Maybe

why I

> got sick again. I am just exhausted.

>

> Well, I hope you all have a wonderful day and a wonderful week!!

I

> think of you all each and every day!! Hugs from me!!

>

> Caro

>

Guest guest

--

Ji Caro,

breathe out first with a sucking action , pull in ur tummy then

inhaltion is automatic , exhale first.Hope this helps. You do feel

apprehensive before you begin to need o2 but once you take it you

will find yourself much better less cough more enrgy , less SOB,

hope you improve without it though.

love

Geeta

- In Breathe-Support , " carowade4444 "

wrote:

>

> Hi all,

>

> Haven't had a chance to post for a few days but I am back!! I had

my

> second pulmo rehab visit yesterday. I learned pursed lip

> breathing!! Now I actually know what it is!! She also tried to

> teach me diaphragmatic breathing and I think I will never get

it!!

> It is totally opposite of the way I breathe. She said I need to

> learn to breathe through my stomach instead of my lungs. I am

> supposed to push my stomach out when I inhale instead of sucking

in

> when I inhale which is what I do. I will never get that one

right!!

> I got to get on all the machines they had and they checked my sats

> after each one. Did 5 minutes on a rowing machine, sat was 99.

Did

> 5 minutes on an exercise bike, sat was 99. Did 5 minutes on a

> NuStep, sat was 99 (actually I think it dropped a little then

because

> she didn't take it right away after I got off the machine. I had

> rested a few minutes before she took it. Lastly was the

treadmill.

> Was SUPPOSED to do 10 minutes at 1.2 mph (not fast at all). Made

it

> to 5 minutes and I was like, man this is a long 10 minutes. She

said

> if you are getting tired, you can stop. I said no. I was going

to

> MAKE myself do the 10 minutes. Next minute went by my chest felt

> like it was on fire!! She came back and stood beside me and said,

> you are just huffing and puffing. We had better stop you at 8

> minutes. Got off, sat was 91. She said if it was 89, I would

have

> needed oxygen or they may have even sent me over to the ER. I

asked

> her, " so if I had made the 10 minutes, it probably would have hit

> 89? " She said yeah, probably. So I only made it 1 hour yesterday

> instead of two, but am to go back Wednesday and Friday, so will be

> Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 1 to 3. I knew my sats had to

be

> dropping during exercise cuz I get so SOB. I just didn't realize

how

> much. So basically, after 20 minutes of exercise, I dropped to

> I feel like I am going to be seeing oxygen in the very near

future,

> if nothing else for now during exercise. The thought scares the

hell

> out of me!! I know so many of you are already there and I have

been

> fortunate to have made it this far without it. I have been trying

to

> get a cold the last couple of days. Started with the sneezing and

> cough Saturday, coughing more yesterday, coughing even more today

> with sinus drainage. YUK!! That is all I need. Weird how this

> disease sometimes stays dormant and you forget you have it. I

have

> been fairly well the last few weeks, then boom the bomb drops on

you

> again and you realize all over -- HERE WE GO AGAIN!! I am sick

> again. I REALLY REALLY HATE THIS DISEASE!!! My Birmingham date

is

> getting closer and closer (June 17) and I am excited about that,

so

> that is keeping me pumped up somewhat.

>

> I hope all is well with everyone. I have been trying to keep up

with

> the posts but this is the first chance I had to actually post

> anything. Have been swamped with work but keeping busy. Maybe

why I

> got sick again. I am just exhausted.

>

> Well, I hope you all have a wonderful day and a wonderful week!!

I

> think of you all each and every day!! Hugs from me!!

>

> Caro

>

Guest guest

I had my 2nd pulmo rehab on Tuesday and all they did was put me on the treadmill, stationary bike, rowing machine, and another exercise machine. I asked if they had ant different therapy for COPD or IPF and they looked stunned. They said the only other difference they had was Cardiac therapy vs. lungs. My BP skyrocketed to 110/190 as soon as I started exercising. My O2 was at 93 with O2 on a 2l. Level. I did not learn anything about breathing at all just having me exercising. Is this anywhere normal for others?

JOE/JOANIE JOE 60 IPF1/2008

GRIFFIN, GA.

-- Re: Pulmo Rehab

>> Hi all,> > Haven't had a chance to post for a few days but I am back!! I had my > second pulmo rehab visit yesterday. I learned pursed lip > breathing!! Now I actually know what it is!! She also tried to > teach me diaphragmatic breathing and I think I will never get it!! > It is totally opposite of the way I breathe. She said I need to > learn to breathe through my stomach instead of my lungs. I am > supposed to push my stomach out when I inhale instead of sucking in > when I inhale which is what I do. I will never get that one right!! > I got to get on all the machines they had and they checked my sats > after each one. Did 5 minutes on a rowing machine, sat was 99. Did > 5 minutes on an exercise bike, sat was 99. Did 5 minutes on a > NuStep, sat was 99 (actually I think it dropped a little then because > she didn't take it right away after I got off the machine. I had > rested a few minutes before she took it. Lastly was the treadmill. > Was SUPPOSED to do 10 minutes at 1.2 mph (not fast at all). Made it > to 5 minutes and I was like, man this is a long 10 minutes. She said > if you are getting tired, you can stop. I said no. I was going to > MAKE myself do the 10 minutes. Next minute went by my chest felt > like it was on fire!! She came back and stood beside me and said, > you are just huffing and puffing. We had better stop you at 8 > minutes. Got off, sat was 91. She said if it was 89, I would have > needed oxygen or they may have even sent me over to the ER. I asked > her, "so if I had made the 10 minutes, it probably would have hit > 89?" She said yeah, probably. So I only made it 1 hour yesterday > instead of two, but am to go back Wednesday and Friday, so will be > Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 1 to 3. I knew my sats had to be > dropping during exercise cuz I get so SOB. I just didn't realize how > much. So basically, after 20 minutes of exercise, I dropped to 91. > I feel like I am going to be seeing oxygen in the very near future, > if nothing else for now during exercise. The thought scares the hell > out of me!! I know so many of you are already there and I have been > fortunate to have made it this far without it. I have been trying to > get a cold the last couple of days. Started with the sneezing and > cough Saturday, coughing more yesterday, coughing even more today > with sinus drainage. YUK!! That is all I need. Weird how this > disease sometimes stays dormant and you forget you have it. I have > been fairly well the last few weeks, then boom the bomb drops on you > again and you realize all over -- HERE WE GO AGAIN!! I am sick > again. I REALLY REALLY HATE THIS DISEASE!!! My Birmingham date is > getting closer and closer (June 17) and I am excited about that, so > that is keeping me pumped up somewhat.> > I hope all is well with everyone. I have been trying to keep up with > the posts but this is the first chance I had to actually post > anything. Have been swamped with work but keeping busy. Maybe why I > got sick again. I am just exhausted. > > Well, I hope you all have a wonderful day and a wonderful week!! I > think of you all each and every day!! Hugs from me!!> > Caro>

Guest guest

Joe,

Pulmonary rehab's vary greatly from place to place. It sounds like the one you're enrolled in is pretty basic. You can still gain tremendous benefit from it however. The exercise alone will help get your body in the best possible condition for coping with your lung disease. They are monitoring your sats and vital signs so you know you are exercising safely which is obviously the biggest concern.

I would keep asking questions of the nurses and respiratory therapists, the squeaky wheel gets the grease. By continually striking up conversations with these people you are showing them that you really want to learn about how to best take care of yourself. Let's face it, the staff at these programs get very accustomed to patients showing up because their doctor insists and just going through the motions. That's not what you're doing. You really want to squeeze the program for everything you can get out of it. Make sure they know that!

Beth

Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06

Change everything. Love and Forgive

Re: Pulmo Rehab

>> Hi all,> > Haven't had a chance to post for a few days but I am back!! I had my > second pulmo rehab visit yesterday. I learned pursed lip > breathing!! Now I actually know what it is!! She also tried to > teach me diaphragmatic breathing and I think I will never get it!! > It is totally opposite of the way I breathe. She said I need to > learn to breathe through my stomach instead of my lungs. I am > supposed to push my stomach out when I inhale instead of sucking in > when I inhale which is what I do. I will never get that one right!! > I got to get on all the machines they had and they checked my sats > after each one.

Did 5 minutes on a rowing machine, sat was 99. Did > 5 minutes on an exercise bike, sat was 99. Did 5 minutes on a > NuStep, sat was 99 (actually I think it dropped a little then because > she didn't take it right away after I got off the machine. I had > rested a few minutes before she took it. Lastly was the treadmill. > Was SUPPOSED to do 10 minutes at 1.2 mph (not fast at all). Made it > to 5 minutes and I was like, man this is a long 10 minutes. She said > if you are getting tired, you can stop. I said no. I was going to > MAKE myself do the 10 minutes. Next minute went by my chest felt > like it was on fire!! She came back and stood beside me and said, > you are just huffing and puffing. We had better stop you at 8 > minutes. Got off, sat was 91. She said if it was 89, I would have > needed oxygen or they may have even sent me over to

the ER. I asked > her, "so if I had made the 10 minutes, it probably would have hit > 89?" She said yeah, probably. So I only made it 1 hour yesterday > instead of two, but am to go back Wednesday and Friday, so will be > Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 1 to 3. I knew my sats had to be > dropping during exercise cuz I get so SOB. I just didn't realize how > much. So basically, after 20 minutes of exercise, I dropped to 91. > I feel like I am going to be seeing oxygen in the very near future, > if nothing else for now during exercise. The thought scares the hell > out of me!! I know so many of you are already there and I have been > fortunate to have made it this far without it. I have been trying to > get a cold the last couple of days. Started with the sneezing and > cough Saturday, coughing more yesterday, coughing even more today

> with sinus drainage. YUK!! That is all I need. Weird how this > disease sometimes stays dormant and you forget you have it. I have > been fairly well the last few weeks, then boom the bomb drops on you > again and you realize all over -- HERE WE GO AGAIN!! I am sick > again. I REALLY REALLY HATE THIS DISEASE!!! My Birmingham date is > getting closer and closer (June 17) and I am excited about that, so > that is keeping me pumped up somewhat.> > I hope all is well with everyone. I have been trying to keep up with > the posts but this is the first chance I had to actually post > anything. Have been swamped with work but keeping busy. Maybe why I > got sick again. I am just exhausted. > > Well, I hope you all have a wonderful day and a wonderful week!! I > think of you all each and every day!! Hugs from me!!>

> Caro>

Guest guest

THANKS!!!

I asked 2 of the nurses if they knew difference between COPD and IPF and they seemed to skip around a bit. I hope I helped them learn a little more. Both were real young.

JOE/JOANIE JOE 60 IPF1/2008

GRIFFIN, GA.

-- Re: Re: Pulmo Rehab

Joe,

Pulmonary rehab's vary greatly from place to place. It sounds like the one you're enrolled in is pretty basic. You can still gain tremendous benefit from it however. The exercise alone will help get your body in the best possible condition for coping with your lung disease. They are monitoring your sats and vital signs so you know you are exercising safely which is obviously the biggest concern.

I would keep asking questions of the nurses and respiratory therapists, the squeaky wheel gets the grease. By continually striking up conversations with these people you are showing them that you really want to learn about how to best take care of yourself. Let's face it, the staff at these programs get very accustomed to patients showing up because their doctor insists and just going through the motions. That's not what you're doing. You really want to squeeze the program for everything you can get out of it. Make sure they know that!

Beth

>> Hi all,> > Haven't had a chance to post for a few days but I am back!! I had my > second pulmo rehab visit yesterday. I learned pursed lip > breathing!! Now I actually know what it is!! She also tried to > teach me diaphragmatic breathing and I think I will never get it!! > It is totally opposite of the way I breathe. She said I need to > learn to breathe through my stomach instead of my lungs. I am > supposed to push my stomach out when I inhale instead of sucking in > when I inhale which is what I do. I will never get that one right!! > I got to get on all the machines they had and they checked my sats > after each one. Did 5 minutes on a rowing machine, sat was 99. Did > 5 minutes on an exercise bike, sat was 99. Did 5 minutes on a > NuStep, sat was 99 (actually I think it dropped a little then because > she didn't take it right away after I got off the machine. I had > rested a few minutes before she took it. Lastly was the treadmill. > Was SUPPOSED to do 10 minutes at 1.2 mph (not fast at all). Made it > to 5 minutes and I was like, man this is a long 10 minutes. She said > if you are getting tired, you can stop. I said no. I was going to > MAKE myself do the 10 minutes. Next minute went by my chest felt > like it was on fire!! She came back and stood beside me and said, > you are just huffing and puffing. We had better stop you at 8 > minutes. Got off, sat was 91. She said if it was 89, I would have > needed oxygen or they may have even sent me over to the ER. I asked > her, "so if I had made the 10 minutes, it probably would have hit > 89?" She said yeah, probably. So I only made it 1 hour yesterday > instead of two, but am to go back Wednesday and Friday, so will be > Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 1 to 3. I knew my sats had to be > dropping during exercise cuz I get so SOB. I just didn't realize how > much. So basically, after 20 minutes of exercise, I dropped to 91. > I feel like I am going to be seeing oxygen in the very near future, > if nothing else for now during exercise. The thought scares the hell > out of me!! I know so many of you are already there and I have been > fortunate to have made it this far without it. I have been trying to > get a cold the last couple of days. Started with the sneezing and > cough Saturday, coughing more yesterday, coughing even more today > with sinus drainage. YUK!! That is all I need. Weird how this > disease sometimes stays dormant and you forget you have it. I have > been fairly well the last few weeks, then boom the bomb drops on you > again and you realize all over -- HERE WE GO AGAIN!! I am sick > again. I REALLY REALLY HATE THIS DISEASE!!! My Birmingham date is > getting closer and closer (June 17) and I am excited about that, so > that is keeping me pumped up somewhat.> > I hope all is well with everyone. I have been trying to keep up with > the posts but this is the first chance I had to actually post > anything. Have been swamped with work but keeping busy. Maybe why I > got sick again. I am just exhausted. > > Well, I hope you all have a wonderful day and a wonderful week!! I > think of you all each and every day!! Hugs from me!!> > Caro>

Guest guest

Joe,

There is a great professional organization called the American Association of Cardio Vascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation...as a matter of fact they've got a great "Fast Facts" page....here is the link. http://www.aacvpr.org/dmtf/pulmonaryspecific.cfm

It's got some really great information on what a pulmonary rehab program should consist of. You might consider printing some of this info and sharing it at rehab with the staff.

Part of the problem is that not all insurance will pay for pulmonary rehab reliably. Even Medicare in some parts of the country does not cover pulmonary rehab. This is changing as the benefits become more and more established by research findings but in the meantime it's up to us to ask (or even fight) for what we need.

Beth

>> Hi all,> > Haven't had a chance to post for a few days but I am back!! I had my > second pulmo rehab visit yesterday. I learned pursed lip > breathing!! Now I actually know what it is!! She also tried to > teach me diaphragmatic breathing and I think I will never get it!! > It is totally opposite of the way I breathe. She said I need to > learn to breathe through my stomach instead of my lungs. I am > supposed to push my stomach out when I inhale instead of sucking in > when I inhale which is what I do. I will never get that one right!! > I got to get on all the machines they had and they checked my sats > after each one.

Did 5 minutes on a rowing machine, sat was 99. Did > 5 minutes on an exercise bike, sat was 99. Did 5 minutes on a > NuStep, sat was 99 (actually I think it dropped a little then because > she didn't take it right away after I got off the machine. I had > rested a few minutes before she took it. Lastly was the treadmill. > Was SUPPOSED to do 10 minutes at 1.2 mph (not fast at all). Made it > to 5 minutes and I was like, man this is a long 10 minutes. She said > if you are getting tired, you can stop. I said no. I was going to > MAKE myself do the 10 minutes. Next minute went by my chest felt > like it was on fire!! She came back and stood beside me and said, > you are just huffing and puffing. We had better stop you at 8 > minutes. Got off, sat was 91. She said if it was 89, I would have > needed oxygen or they may have even sent me over to

the ER. I asked > her, "so if I had made the 10 minutes, it probably would have hit > 89?" She said yeah, probably. So I only made it 1 hour yesterday > instead of two, but am to go back Wednesday and Friday, so will be > Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 1 to 3. I knew my sats had to be > dropping during exercise cuz I get so SOB. I just didn't realize how > much. So basically, after 20 minutes of exercise, I dropped to 91. > I feel like I am going to be seeing oxygen in the very near future, > if nothing else for now during exercise. The thought scares the hell > out of me!! I know so many of you are already there and I have been > fortunate to have made it this far without it. I have been trying to > get a cold the last couple of days. Started with the sneezing and > cough Saturday, coughing more yesterday, coughing even more today

> with sinus drainage. YUK!! That is all I need. Weird how this > disease sometimes stays dormant and you forget you have it. I have > been fairly well the last few weeks, then boom the bomb drops on you > again and you realize all over -- HERE WE GO AGAIN!! I am sick > again. I REALLY REALLY HATE THIS DISEASE!!! My Birmingham date is > getting closer and closer (June 17) and I am excited about that, so > that is keeping me pumped up somewhat.> > I hope all is well with everyone. I have been trying to keep up with > the posts but this is the first chance I had to actually post > anything. Have been swamped with work but keeping busy. Maybe why I > got sick again. I am just exhausted. > > Well, I hope you all have a wonderful day and a wonderful week!! I > think of you all each and every day!! Hugs from me!!>

> Caro>

Guest guest

Hi all,

Well, had my third visit today with pulmo rehab. I actually learned a

lot about how your lungs are SUPPOSED to function and how mine actually

function. Sats didn't drop today, but the nurse said my heart beats

too fast when I exercise. It got up to around 130, 135, which she said

was way too fast for the level of activity I was doing. She said they

will watch it a couple of more sessions and if it stays high, then they

will inform my pulmonologist. She said the majority of people who have

lung disease also have heart disease. I am thinking, great, what

else? I did manage to go a little longer on the machines than I did on

Monday, just maybe 5 to 10 minutes more, and I did lose 2 pounds. She

said I need to give up caffeine because it is a stimulant and will make

my heart beat faster. She has GOT to be kidding? GIVE UP COFFEE?? NO

FRIGGIN WAY!!! and on that note, to quote Mama-Sher " DAMNIT!!!! "

Caro

Guest guest

Caro, maybe you could try the " half-caff " and see if you like it, and

then wean your way down to decaf....

Hugs!

Babs

>

> Hi all,

>

> Well, had my third visit today with pulmo rehab. I actually learned a

> lot about how your lungs are SUPPOSED to function and how mine actually

> function. Sats didn't drop today, but the nurse said my heart beats

> too fast when I exercise. It got up to around 130, 135, which she said

> was way too fast for the level of activity I was doing. She said they

> will watch it a couple of more sessions and if it stays high, then they

> will inform my pulmonologist. She said the majority of people who have

> lung disease also have heart disease. I am thinking, great, what

> else? I did manage to go a little longer on the machines than I did on

> Monday, just maybe 5 to 10 minutes more, and I did lose 2 pounds. She

> said I need to give up caffeine because it is a stimulant and will make

> my heart beat faster. She has GOT to be kidding? GIVE UP COFFEE?? NO

> FRIGGIN WAY!!! and on that note, to quote Mama-Sher " DAMNIT!!!! "

>

> Caro

>

Guest guest

Hear me talk! Caro....you are so funny! There are some things a girl just can't do huh. I drink coffee too but only 1-2 cups in the morning. If I'm out I usually have coffee but that's not often. Summer brings iced tea of course!

I wanted to give you a quick run-down on my 'heart problems' so you don't panic. Now of course, we can't compare.....let's hope you DO NOT HAVE any heart problems.

My heart too went haywire with exertion. When I was on the treadmill in rehab,my heart went into arrhythmia every time. It was so severe the RT would not let me continue. My pulse would jump to 110, 70s, 40, 30s, 110, 80s, 110.......long story short. I have had a heart cath, blood work, 24 heart monitor and an Echogram. My heart is fine! I have skipped beats but because of all the workups, not to worry, even tho I still have symptoms. (Wonder how anyone would know then if I was in heart distress??)

Anyway, point is, don't panic and worry about heart problems. Heart can be worked up to dx. Cardiologist says lung problems CAN bring stress to the heart but not so that I'll fall over dead!

I disagree that lung disease/heart disease go together. But you have good medical care and listen to them, Just wanted to add my results after worrying about my heart.

You're right. No coffee? DAMNIT!

hugs.

Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Pulmo Rehab

Hi all,Well, had my third visit today with pulmo rehab. I actually learned a lot about how your lungs are SUPPOSED to function and how mine actually function. Sats didn't drop today, but the nurse said my heart beats too fast when I exercise. It got up to around 130, 135, which she said was way too fast for the level of activity I was doing. She said they will watch it a couple of more sessions and if it stays high, then they will inform my pulmonologist. She said the majority of people who have lung disease also have heart disease. I am thinking, great, what else? I did manage to go a little longer on the machines than I did on Monday, just maybe 5 to 10 minutes more, and I did lose 2 pounds. She said I need to give up caffeine because it is a stimulant and will make my heart beat faster. She has GOT to be kidding? GIVE UP COFFEE?? NO FRIGGIN WAY!!! and on that note, to quote Mama-Sher "DAMNIT!!!!"Caro

Guest guest

I am so glad to hear that!! It's not just me!! HEE HEE!! My hair was soaking wet when I left there today, and I had to go to the pulmo office to get my last weekly B12 injection looking like that!! I took the paper work with me I got from Birmingham to make sure everything I need is going to be there when I get there. They said they need all my hospital records, doctor records, EKG, chest x-ray, CT scans, PFTs, lab results, and my actual chest CT disk and lung biopsy slides. If they are not there when I get there, my appointment will be canceled. The nurse showed me where she had sent for everything the first of April so it SHOULD all

be there. I am keeping my fingers crossed. Would hate to drive all the way and then they cancel my appointment! That would be terrible!!CaroASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/07, UIP 01/08, RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS 03/08Mississippi

Subject: Re: Pulmo RehabTo: Breathe-Support Date: Friday, May 23, 2008, 5:26 PM

Caro,

Don't worry about the sweating...I had to get a towel before I started cause I would sweat so much. By the time I got off the treadmill in rehab I looked as though I had just gotten out of the shower. It was GROSS!! But no one thought anything about it but me.

I'm so happy you're having a good rehab experience!

Beth

Pulmo Rehab

Went for another pulmo rehab visit today. My sats didn't drop but she said my heart rate is still too high. She made me sit and rest afterwards before I could leave. My weight has dropped from 143 to 139-1/2 today. I am so excited about that!! I would really LOVE to get to around 120 or 125. It is so hard to lose weight when you don't feel good anyway most of the time. Had a sore throat all day yesterday and have this heavy feeling in my chest today with a productive cough. I got on the exercise bike and broke out in a sweat so bad they had to get me a towel! How embarrassing! ! Only after 10 minutes. The nurses were great, though, and I don't think they were really worried about the way I looked, but I was!! They sent us home with homework -- actually it is just practicing breathing and we have to write down when we do it and how often. Don't have to go back 'till Wednesday due to holiday, so

hopefully I can keep the weight off I have already lost. I have to work Monday, so won't be doing any holiday cooking, so that should help. Guess they will be telling my pulmo soon and I will have to go get the ole ticker checked out. GREAT!! Birmingham is only a little over 3 weeks away.Caro

Guest guest

Keep on keepin' on girl! Sounds like you are really doing well. Good rehab and weight loss too? Geese, waddya want!

I'm really glad for you.

Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Pulmo Rehab

Went for another pulmo rehab visit today. My sats didn't drop but she said my heart rate is still too high. She made me sit and rest afterwards before I could leave. My weight has dropped from 143 to 139-1/2 today. I am so excited about that!! I would really LOVE to get to around 120 or 125. It is so hard to lose weight when you don't feel good anyway most of the time. Had a sore throat all day yesterday and have this heavy feeling in my chest today with a productive cough. I got on the exercise bike and broke out in a sweat so bad they had to get me a towel! How embarrassing!! Only after 10 minutes. The nurses were great, though, and I don't think they were really worried about the way I looked, but I was!! They sent us home with homework -- actually it is just practicing breathing and we have to write down when we do it and how often. Don't have to go back 'till Wednesday due to holiday, so hopefully I can keep the weight off I have already lost. I have to work Monday, so won't be doing any holiday cooking, so that should help. Guess they will be telling my pulmo soon and I will have to go get the ole ticker checked out. GREAT!! Birmingham is only a little over 3 weeks away.Caro

Guest guest

I had actually thought of that, as I have been struggling fighting off a cold since Saturday. Yesterday was the sore throat, and today is the sinus drainage and chest congestion. I don't want to wait until it gets so bad I am back in the ER. And wouldn't you know, it is a holiday weekend and the office is closed Monday? Hopefully I can hang until Tuesday. I have already had pneumonia twice this year and really don't want to get it again if I can at all prevent it. Thanks for the advice. It is good to hear someone else thought of it besides me. I love everyone on this group so much!!!CaroASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/07, UIP 01/08, RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS

03/08Mississippi

Went for another pulmo rehab visit today. My sats didn't drop but she said my heart rate is still too high. She made me sit and rest afterwards before I could leave. My weight has dropped from 143 to 139-1/2 today. I am so excited about that!! I would really LOVE to get to around 120 or 125. It is so hard to lose weight when you don't feel good anyway most of the time. Had a sore throat all day yesterday and have this heavy feeling in my chest today with a productive cough. I got on the exercise bike and broke out in a sweat so bad they had to get me a towel!

How embarrassing! ! Only after 10 minutes. The nurses were great, though, and I don't think they were really worried about the way I looked, but I was!! They sent us home with homework -- actually it is just practicing breathing and we have to write down when we do it and how often. Don't have to go back 'till Wednesday due to holiday, so hopefully I can keep the weight off I have already lost. I have to work Monday, so won't be doing any holiday cooking, so that should help. Guess they will be telling my pulmo soon and I will have to go get the ole ticker checked out. GREAT!! Birmingham is only a little over 3 weeks away.Caro

Guest guest

I am about 4 hours away/CaroASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/07, UIP 01/08, RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS 03/08Mississippi

From: Beth <mbmurthayahoo (DOT) com>Subject: Re: Pulmo RehabTo: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. comDate: Saturday, May 24, 2008, 9:20 AM

Joanie,

I think Caro is referring to her upcoming evaluation at UA Birmingham. I'm not aware of a get together but it's not a bad idea at some point. There are bunches of us in the southeast. Pretty much the same group that met in Chattanooga last October!

Beth

Pulmo Rehab

Went for another pulmo rehab visit today. My sats didn't drop but she said my heart rate is still too high. She made me sit and rest afterwards before I could leave. My weight has dropped from 143 to 139-1/2 today. I am so excited about that!! I would really LOVE to get to around 120 or 125. It is so hard to lose weight when you don't feel good anyway most of the time. Had a sore throat all day yesterday and have this heavy feeling in my chest today with a productive cough. I got on the exercise bike and broke out in a sweat so bad they had to get me a towel! How embarrassing! ! Only after 10 minutes. The nurses were great, though, and I don't think they were really worried about the way I looked, but I was!! They sent us home with homework -- actually it is just practicing breathing and we have to write down when we do it and how often. Don't have to go back 'till Wednesday due to holiday, so

hopefully I can keep the weight off I have already lost. I have to work Monday, so won't be doing any holiday cooking, so that should help. Guess they will be telling my pulmo soon and I will have to go get the ole ticker checked out. GREAT!! Birmingham is only a little over 3 weeks away.Caro