RemedySpot.com

Re: Re:advise/To Don from MamaSher

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

K....forgive me for being so outspoken....but as you describe Don and you wonder if he needs counseling???? Of course he needs counseling. Make an appt. and tell him he's going. If he absolutely refuses then I guess there isn't much more you can do. Try and get someone to come in....home health care.....HOSPICE....something, anything.

You know Vicky feels hopeless, helpless, you encouraged her.............

We all feel it at times.

To Don.... is there anything you need that you are not getting? Medical, physical, emotional, mentally? If there is, identify it and make every effort, between the two of you, to get your needs met.

It's harder for guys to "get help". Guys usually do feel they are 'airing dirty laundry'....but so what? You are talking to only one person and they are bound by confidentiality ethics.

We here on the board have a pretty good idea how you feel with what is going on in your life and we do lose the desire to live sometimes.

It's not the desire to stop living it's the weariness of trying to live a somewhat normal life that gets us down. It just gets plainly too damn hard. However, there are solutions, others find solutions.....I myself am on 60 mg of Cymbalta. I even tried 90 but it was too much, I was lethargic.

Don, ya gotta play a part in your own quality of life. MAKE YOURSELF watch the news, read a paper, a book. Go outside for even 10 minutes. Find SOMETHING to occupy your mind and emotion other than the constant worry and fatigue and watching O2 levels constantly.

OMG I don't mean to be heartless here but I do want to be honest. I know of what I speak.

Chin up Don, talk to someone! Let know what you want/need/like....don't want/need/like. Don't give up.

There will time for that later....when it's really 'time to let go'.....................

Your friend,

Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Re: Re:advise

Hey guys,

Don and I were talking this morning and he said "I don't care about anything anymore. I'm going to die, so what? He used to watch the news stations because he loved the political garbage on tv right now. He could hardly wait for the newspaper to come so he could read it. He would watch tv 24/7 if he could. He cares about none of it now. I asked him why he felt that way, did he think that he has lost the desire to live? He said yes.

Now he is on 40 mg of Cymbalta. Any higher dose tends to lower his blood pressure. Anyone got a clue ---- do we need to get him counseling? I'm not sure he will be up for it because he thinks it is "airing dirtly laundry". Kind of like an admission of weakness.

I told him that I would post this because I'm sure he isn't the only one who feels this hopeless helplessness.

LInda K

Illinois

K

Central Il

Hubby ipf- 2006

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord

Guest guest

Thanks Sher, I will read this to him when he gets up. They moved up his O2 so that should help a little. He goes to rehab this pm so must get him up now, but THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tough love for a tough disease. K IllinoisSher Bauman wrote: K....forgive me for being so outspoken....but as you describe Don and you wonder if he needs counseling???? Of course he needs counseling. Make an

appt. and tell him he's going. If he absolutely refuses then I guess there isn't much more you can do. Try and get someone to come in....home health care.....HOSPICE....something, anything. You know Vicky feels hopeless, helpless, you encouraged her............. We all feel it at times. To Don.... is there anything you need that you are not getting? Medical, physical, emotional, mentally? If there is, identify it and make every effort, between the two of you, to get your needs met. It's harder for guys to "get help". Guys usually do feel they are 'airing dirty laundry'....but so what? You are talking to only one person and they are bound by confidentiality ethics. We here on the board have a pretty

good idea how you feel with what is going on in your life and we do lose the desire to live sometimes. It's not the desire to stop living it's the weariness of trying to live a somewhat normal life that gets us down. It just gets plainly too damn hard. However, there are solutions, others find solutions.....I myself am on 60 mg of Cymbalta. I even tried 90 but it was too much, I was lethargic. Don, ya gotta play a part in your own quality of life. MAKE YOURSELF watch the news, read a paper, a book. Go outside for even 10 minutes. Find SOMETHING to occupy your mind and emotion other than the constant worry and fatigue and watching O2 levels constantly. OMG I don't mean to be heartless here but I do want to be honest. I know of what I speak. Chin up Don, talk to someone! Let

know what you want/need/like....don't want/need/like. Don't give up. There will time for that later....when it's really 'time to let go'..................... Your friend, Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there! Re: Re:advise Hey guys, Don and I were talking this morning and he said "I don't care about anything anymore. I'm going to die, so what? He used to watch the news stations because he loved the political garbage on tv right now. He could hardly wait for the newspaper to come so he could read it. He would watch tv 24/7 if he could. He cares about none of it now. I asked him why he felt that way, did he think that he has lost the desire to live? He said yes. Now he is on 40 mg of

Cymbalta. Any higher dose tends to lower his blood pressure. Anyone got a clue ---- do we need to get him counseling? I'm not sure he will be up for it because he thinks it is "airing dirtly laundry". Kind of like an admission of weakness. I told him that I would post this because I'm sure he isn't the only one who feels this hopeless helplessness. LInda K Illinois K Central Il Hubby ipf- 2006 As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord

14 K Central Il Hubby ipf- 2006 As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord 14