RemedySpot.com

Sher

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

You know me, I always forget to change that subject line. We are going to Chicago on Tuesday and the O2 guy wants to just send us with 6 cannisters of pressed air. He siad that Lincare would find us where ever we are. I'm thinking that 6 isn't enough. The pressed air cannister lasts just 1 hour. I just thought maybe I could reinforce that if marylou didn't know that Lincare can go anywhere and find you no matter where you are. We haven't tried it yet, but they say they can. I'm excited about going to U of C but am scared to death to drive up there. I'm a coward and am used to driving on country roads. We have the first appointment is at 10:00 and I have to go to the school board meeting on Monday night, so can't go up the night before. Sigh!

K Illinois Sher Bauman wrote: K....I'm not always sure who your posts are intended for...sometimes your post doesn't match the person or subject line......but that's ok. I'll write anyway.... I have Lincare if I can be any help.....I don't know who Lou has so I jumped in here. Mama-Sher, age

69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there! Here is the NEW deal for me.................................... The Home Medical Oxygen Company has been here ALL day long testing my levels of oxygen and what they gave me yesterday IS NOT doing the job good enough. They took out the concentrator all together, and I am now on 100% PURE LIQUID OXYGEN from the humungous tank in my bedroom. #5 continuous, it goes to 10 too if I ever need it. I use the backpack which has been changed to a "marathon" which I carry around the house without tubing following me everywhere I go. I am getting used to that. My oxy. level is now 97-98 and I am amazed at

the last 6 months that no one suggested to me what I needed, no wonder I have become weak, and loss of breath when I eat and talk. If I can't talk, forget it... hhheeeAnyhow, that's what's going on in my world today and yesterday. I feel that my health really was starting to deteriote fast this past month with not getting enough. Therapist said I need at Least 5 continuous for right now. I won't miss that concentrator one single bit.Hope you all had a great day.Love, Lou K Central Il Hubby ipf- 2006 As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord 14 Be a better friend,

newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. K Central Il Hubby ipf- 2006 As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord 14

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guest

Sher,

yes we intend to come to Us around Augst we were to

come in April

but we heard from our daughter that she is expecting

her second

baby , she is due in November so decided to to be

there to be

around with her at that time we have begun planning

out the various

requirements fro the flight. I so... feel like like

meeting you all.

I will be in San California

love

Geeta

Guest guest

Gita....oh that is a long flight! I guess you can walk in the aisle a bit can't you?

I wish I could help w/medical ins. but I know from nothing about it Gita. Can you get travel info. from your O2 provider there?

You have a good memory Gita! My secret project has been sitting I'm ashamed to say. Every day I intend to work on it and every day I get caught up with posts from the board. I'm ashamed of myself. heeehehe

Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Sher> > > Sher,> yes we intend to come to Us around Augst we were to> come in April > but we heard from our daughter that she is expecting> her second > baby , she is due in November so decided to to be> there to be > around with her at that time we have begun planning> out the various > requirements fro the flight. I so... feel like like> meeting you all. > I will be in San California> love> Geeta>

Guest guest

K....I'm glad your retirement party was so nice. That's a special time in your life and it's good that Don shared it with you. He went, that's what counts.

The 'Let Go' is one of my favorite writings. I've posted it here on the board a few times. I ran across it the first time through an Ala-Non group, years and years ago.

When my daughter was caught up in her drug abuse I almost held Let Go in my hand! I read it every day for 18 years!

It's a bit harder to do, isn't it, when a person is ill......like Don..... But you may see yourself in something there that can help you take better care of you.

Have a good weekend!

Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Re: Re:Sher

Sher, Thanks for the words of encouragement. I haven't called the pastor yet. I don't know why. I will though and I'm sure he will help if he can. He does't know us very well.

Today was my retirement party and I really enjoyed it. It was a terrific honor. Don did go, tho' he really didn't want to. I apprerciated that. My whole family was there and then we treated them to supper.

I asked him tonight if he felt any worse on the days he doesn't go out and he said no. I suppose that he would rather feel crummy in his easy chair or bed rather than feeling crummy being out.

You are right. He has given up on "living". He feels terrible no matter what he does. He does not want to die, but has given up on living.

I got your book and am looking forward to reading it. Thanks!!! Tonight I read the scrapbook that was made for me from my peers. One of the teachers who knows me pretty well, wrote me a Poem? Not sure it is a poem but I read it several times. It really hit home because it so what I needed. Here it is from an unknown author.

*To "let go" does not mean to stop caring, it means I can't do it for someone else.

*To "let go" is not to cut myself off. It's the realization that I can't control another.

*To "let go" is to admit powerlessness, which means the outcome is not in my hands.

*To "let go" is not to try to change or blame another. It's to make the most of myself.

*To "let go" is not to fix, but to be supportive.

*To "let go" is not to judge, but to allow another to be a human being.

*To "let go" is not to be in the middle, arranging all the outcomes, but to allow others to affect their own destineis.

*To "let go" is not to deny, but to accept

*To let go" is not to nag, scold, or argue, but instead to search out my own shortcomings and correct them.

*To "let go" is not to adjust everything to my own desires, but to take each day as it comes and cherish myself in it.

*To "let go" is not to regret the past, but to grow and live for the future.

*To "let go" is to fear less and to love more.

Wow! Doesn't that sound just like what I needed? I will email her tomorrow and tell her how much I appreciated that.

Thanks again Sher. You helped a lot.

K

K

Central Il

Hubby ipf- 2006

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord

Guest guest

Thank you mama Sher. I had never heard "Let go" before. I thought it was unique that she was receptive enough to know I needed that. You guys all are my hero's K IllinoisSher Bauman wrote: K....I'm glad your retirement party was so nice. That's a special time in your life and it's good that Don shared it with you. He went, that's what counts. The

'Let Go' is one of my favorite writings. I've posted it here on the board a few times. I ran across it the first time through an Ala-Non group, years and years ago. When my daughter was caught up in her drug abuse I almost held Let Go in my hand! I read it every day for 18 years! It's a bit harder to do, isn't it, when a person is ill......like Don..... But you may see yourself in something there that can help you take better care of you. Have a good weekend! Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there! Re: Re:Sher Sher, Thanks for the words of encouragement. I haven't called the pastor yet. I don't know why. I will though and I'm sure he will help if he can. He does't know us very well. Today was my retirement party and I really enjoyed it. It was a terrific honor. Don did go, tho' he really didn't want to. I apprerciated

that. My whole family was there and then we treated them to supper. I asked him tonight if he felt any worse on the days he doesn't go out and he said no. I suppose that he would rather feel crummy in his easy chair or bed rather than feeling crummy being out. You are right. He has given up on "living". He feels terrible no matter what he does. He does not want to die, but has given up on living. I got your book and am looking forward to reading it. Thanks!!! Tonight I read the scrapbook that was made for me from my peers. One of the teachers who knows me pretty well, wrote me a Poem? Not sure it is a poem but I read it several times. It really hit home because it so what I needed. Here it is

from an unknown author. *To "let go" does not mean to stop caring, it means I can't do it for someone else. *To "let go" is not to cut myself off. It's the realization that I can't control another. *To "let go" is to admit powerlessness, which means the outcome is not in my hands. *To "let go" is not to try to change or blame another. It's to make the most of myself. *To "let go" is not to fix, but to be supportive. *To "let go" is not to judge, but to allow another to be a human being. *To "let go" is not to be in the middle, arranging all the outcomes, but to allow others to affect their own destineis. *To "let go" is not to deny, but to accept *To let go" is not to nag, scold, or argue, but instead to search out my own shortcomings and correct them. *To "let go" is not to adjust everything to my own desires, but to take each day as it comes and cherish myself in it. *To "let go" is not to regret the past, but to grow and live for the future. *To "let go" is to fear less and to love more. Wow! Doesn't that sound just like what I needed? I will email her tomorrow and tell her how much I appreciated that. Thanks again Sher. You helped

a lot. K K Central Il Hubby ipf- 2006 As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord 14 K Central Il Hubby ipf- 2006 As for me and my

house, we will serve the Lord 14

Guest guest

Geeta,

Another grandchild I am so thrilled for you! And I am thrilled that you get to come to visit. I too chat with my grandkids online each day. Have you heard about Webkinz? They are little stuffed animals and each of my grandkids has one ( they cost about $10.00). When you buy them they come with a secret code and once you enter it they become online pets. The kids do online chores to earn money and build rooms for their pets and then they can go online, invite me over and we can play in their rooms. It is like having virtual dolls. We dress them, feed them, play games, decorate the rooms, etc. It is hard to explain but so much fun. If you google Webkinz you can take their tour and learn all about it. I promise your granddaughter will love it. Take care- Sarcoid/PF 3/2006 California

Sher> > > Sher,> yes we intend to come to Us around Augst we were to> come in April > but we heard from our daughter that she is expecting> her second > baby , she is due in November so decided to to be> there to be > around with her at that time we have begun planning> out the various > requirements fro the flight. I so... feel like like> meeting you all. > I will be in San California> love> Geeta>

Guest guest

!!

Thank you it is so nice of you to tell me about this site i

mean 'Webkinz 'I shall certainly visit the site soon and get back

to you.

Do you think i could meet you when I am there? i will ask my

daughter Priya about the logistics and see if we can meet

love

Geeta

-- In Breathe-Support , denise randel

wrote:

>

> Geeta,

>   Another grandchild I am so thrilled for you!  And I am thrilled

that you get to come to visit.   I too chat with my grandkids online

each day.  Have you heard about Webkinz?  They are little stuffed

animals and each of my grandkids has one ( they cost about $10.00).

When you buy them they come with  a secret code and once you enter

it they become online pets.  The kids do online chores to earn money

and build rooms for their pets and then they can go online, invite

me over and we can play in their rooms. It is like having virtual

dolls.  We dress them, feed them, play games, decorate the rooms,

etc.   It is hard to explain but so much fun.  If you google Webkinz

you can take their tour and learn all about it.  I promise your

granddaughter will love it.  Take care-   Sarcoid/PF 

3/2006   California

>

>

>