RemedySpot.com

Hi Peggy!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

It's good to be back on the Board! I have had some rough times the

last six weeks or so. I have been sick. I have had oxygen supply

troubles. I have a soon-to-be-ex who is being a pain in the butt!

And, I have had my daughter's wedding and college graduation; not to

mention my other daughter's high school graduation coming up this

weekend, and Kaleb's last day of school is next Monday! He is also

on a little league baseball team for the first time this year and

they practice 2 times per week, plus have at least 1 game a week!

What a hectic schedule. Oh, and I forgot, I also have pulm. rehab 2x

per week. It's all been going well, but I do get so exhausted. This

disease just takes so much from me.

And, another thing, two days before my daughter's wedding, we had a

death in the family. My niece's 9 year old son committed suicide!

He hung himself with a belt from his bunkbed. It was a shock for the

whole family. There was a slight cloud over 's wedding because

of this, but we couldn't postpone the wedding. And, I was not able

to make it to the funeral because I was out of state at the wedding.

My niece and her husband are having a very difficult time. They have

three children and , the 9 year old, was their youngest

child. Nobody saw this coming. He was not a depressed child. And,

his parents were very involved parents. He was in sports and did

well in school. He was well liked, but he was somewhat of a goof off

too. He got in trouble at school alot for that behavior. The day

this all happened he had been in trouble in school and had to stay

after. Once he got home, he was sent to his room. 15 minutes later

his mom went to check on him and to talk to him and found him hanging

there. The EMTs were able to resusitate him, and he was put on life

support once he was life-flighted to University Hospital in

Cleveland. But, the family was told very soon after his arrival at

the hospital that there was absolutely no brain activity. It has

been very hard on everyone. The hardest part has to be the worry of

why it happened and how it could have been avoided. The only peace

we have had is knowing he is in a better place and I am sure God has

him doing special things in Heaven.

But, I am glad to be posting again and I have missed everyone very

much. You have all been on my mind and in my prayers.

God Bless,

Tina

IPF 04/07 PH 11/07

Ohio

Guest guest

Tina, I am sorry for your loss. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Please let me know if I can do anything. I love you all.

CaroASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/07, UIP 01/08, RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS 03/08Mississippi

Subject: Hi Peggy!To: Breathe-Support Date: Monday, May 26, 2008, 10:09 PM

It's good to be back on the Board! I have had some rough times the last six weeks or so. I have been sick. I have had oxygen supply troubles. I have a soon-to-be-ex who is being a pain in the butt! And, I have had my daughter's wedding and college graduation; not to mention my other daughter's high school graduation coming up this weekend, and Kaleb's last day of school is next Monday! He is also on a little league baseball team for the first time this year and they practice 2 times per week, plus have at least 1 game a week! What a hectic schedule. Oh, and I forgot, I also have pulm. rehab 2x per week. It's all been going well, but I do get so exhausted. This disease just takes so much from me. And, another thing, two days before my daughter's wedding, we had a death in the family. My niece's 9 year old son committed suicide! He hung himself with a belt from his bunkbed. It was a shock for the

whole family. There was a slight cloud over 's wedding because of this, but we couldn't postpone the wedding. And, I was not able to make it to the funeral because I was out of state at the wedding. My niece and her husband are having a very difficult time. They have three children and , the 9 year old, was their youngest child. Nobody saw this coming. He was not a depressed child. And, his parents were very involved parents. He was in sports and did well in school. He was well liked, but he was somewhat of a goof off too. He got in trouble at school alot for that behavior. The day this all happened he had been in trouble in school and had to stay after. Once he got home, he was sent to his room. 15 minutes later his mom went to check on him and to talk to him and found him hanging there. The EMTs were able to resusitate him, and he was put on life support once he was life-flighted to

University Hospital in Cleveland. But, the family was told very soon after his arrival at the hospital that there was absolutely no brain activity. It has been very hard on everyone. The hardest part has to be the worry of why it happened and how it could have been avoided. The only peace we have had is knowing he is in a better place and I am sure God has him doing special things in Heaven. But, I am glad to be posting again and I have missed everyone very much. You have all been on my mind and in my prayers.God Bless,TinaIPF 04/07 PH 11/07Ohio

Guest guest

Thank you, Caro. It is very kind of you. I don't even know myself

what to do for this family. They are suffering so much. The parents

are blaming themselves and each other. Of course everyone is saying

they shouldn't have sent to his room. But what do you do?

As parents, we try to find appropriate punishment for misbehavior,

especially when it is done in school. They didn't beat him. They

don't whip their children at all. They, like many others, including

myself, expected a " time out " in his room was appropriate. We have

(amongst ourselves in the family) have concluded that didn't

mean to kill himself. It was sort of an accident. He probably

thought he would scare his parents and that they would forego the

punishment in lieu of pitty for his suicide attempt. I just don't

think he meant to die. But, this is a wakeup call. At 9 years old

he was, we now know, familiar with what suicide was and willing to at

least try to do it. It makes me want to watch my youngest child so

much more closely now. Kaleb just turned 6 on Friday. He doesn't

even know yet about . I am almost afraid to tell him. I

hope that he doesn't even know what the word " suicide " means. I know

he will know it soon enough. We later learned that the reason

had to stay after school was because some other kids were

picking on him and, like many other boys would do, he retaliated with

fighting earlier in the week. His teacher decided to keep him after

school so that the other kids wouldn't pick on him on his way home

from school. He had rode his bike to school that day. The teacher

and the principal came to the hospital the night he was life-

flighted. The hospital is approximately 70 miles from where we

live. But, they were there. I don't know if it was for support or

to make sure the events of that day were documented. There were over

400 people at the funeral. The family is very well known in our

small community.

Thank you for your prayers and continue to pray for 's

parents and his sister (Bridget - 13) and (10). and

were inseparable. They shared a bedroom and they were best

friends. is not doing very well either.

God Bless,

Tina

IPF o4/07 PH 11/07

Ohio

>

> From: Tina tjnikita@...

> Subject: Hi Peggy!

> To: Breathe-Support

> Date: Monday, May 26, 2008, 10:09 PM

>

>

>

>

>

>

> It's good to be back on the Board! I have had some rough times the

> last six weeks or so. I have been sick. I have had oxygen supply

> troubles. I have a soon-to-be-ex who is being a pain in the butt!

> And, I have had my daughter's wedding and college graduation; not

to

> mention my other daughter's high school graduation coming up this

> weekend, and Kaleb's last day of school is next Monday! He is also

> on a little league baseball team for the first time this year and

> they practice 2 times per week, plus have at least 1 game a week!

> What a hectic schedule. Oh, and I forgot, I also have pulm. rehab

2x

> per week. It's all been going well, but I do get so exhausted. This

> disease just takes so much from me.

> And, another thing, two days before my daughter's wedding, we had a

> death in the family. My niece's 9 year old son committed suicide!

> He hung himself with a belt from his bunkbed. It was a shock for

the

> whole family. There was a slight cloud over 's wedding

because

> of this, but we couldn't postpone the wedding. And, I was not able

> to make it to the funeral because I was out of state at the

wedding.

> My niece and her husband are having a very difficult time. They

have

> three children and , the 9 year old, was their youngest

> child. Nobody saw this coming. He was not a depressed child. And,

> his parents were very involved parents. He was in sports and did

> well in school. He was well liked, but he was somewhat of a goof

off

> too. He got in trouble at school alot for that behavior. The day

> this all happened he had been in trouble in school and had to stay

> after. Once he got home, he was sent to his room. 15 minutes later

> his mom went to check on him and to talk to him and found him

hanging

> there. The EMTs were able to resusitate him, and he was put on life

> support once he was life-flighted to University Hospital in

> Cleveland. But, the family was told very soon after his arrival at

> the hospital that there was absolutely no brain activity. It has

> been very hard on everyone. The hardest part has to be the worry of

> why it happened and how it could have been avoided. The only peace

> we have had is knowing he is in a better place and I am sure God

has

> him doing special things in Heaven.

> But, I am glad to be posting again and I have missed everyone very

> much. You have all been on my mind and in my prayers.

>

> God Bless,

> Tina

> IPF 04/07 PH 11/07

> Ohio

>

Guest guest

Tina, What a horrible story. It is one to warn children and parents all over the world. Kids are so cruel the teasing can be relentless, and having worked with kids for many years I'm sure he didn't mean to kill himself. What a crazy sensless act. Sending him to his room was certainly an appropriate reaction. I'm serious when I said that you guys need to warn parents and students alike that it isn't anything to mess with. Send your story to 20/20 or dateline, of course after healing can begin. It is so hard to get over the loss of a child, intentional or unintentional. I'm grieving your loss as well. K IllinoisTina wrote: Thank you, Caro. It is very kind of you. I don't even know myself what to do for this family. They are suffering so much. The parents are blaming themselves and each other. Of course everyone is saying they shouldn't have sent to his room. But what do you do? As parents, we try to find appropriate punishment for misbehavior, especially when it is done in school. They didn't beat him. They don't whip their children at all. They, like many others, including myself, expected a "time out" in his room was appropriate. We have (amongst ourselves in the family) have concluded that didn't mean to kill himself. It was sort of an accident. He probably thought he would scare his parents and that they would

forego the punishment in lieu of pitty for his suicide attempt. I just don't think he meant to die. But, this is a wakeup call. At 9 years old he was, we now know, familiar with what suicide was and willing to at least try to do it. It makes me want to watch my youngest child so much more closely now. Kaleb just turned 6 on Friday. He doesn't even know yet about . I am almost afraid to tell him. I hope that he doesn't even know what the word "suicide" means. I know he will know it soon enough. We later learned that the reason had to stay after school was because some other kids were picking on him and, like many other boys would do, he retaliated with fighting earlier in the week. His teacher decided to keep him after school so that the other kids wouldn't pick on him on his way home from school. He had rode his bike to school that day. The teacher and the principal came to the hospital the night he

was life-flighted. The hospital is approximately 70 miles from where we live. But, they were there. I don't know if it was for support or to make sure the events of that day were documented. There were over 400 people at the funeral. The family is very well known in our small community. Thank you for your prayers and continue to pray for 's parents and his sister (Bridget - 13) and (10). and were inseparable. They shared a bedroom and they were best friends. is not doing very well either.God Bless,TinaIPF o4/07 PH 11/07Ohio> > Subject: Hi Peggy!> To: Breathe-Support > Date: Monday, May 26, 2008, 10:09 PM> > > > > > > It's good to be back on the Board! I have had some rough times the > last six weeks or so. I have been sick. I have had oxygen supply > troubles. I have a soon-to-be-ex who is being a pain in the butt! > And, I have had my daughter's wedding and college graduation; not to > mention my other daughter's high school graduation coming up this > weekend, and Kaleb's last day of school is next Monday! He is also > on a little

league baseball team for the first time this year and > they practice 2 times per week, plus have at least 1 game a week! > What a hectic schedule. Oh, and I forgot, I also have pulm. rehab 2x > per week. It's all been going well, but I do get so exhausted. This > disease just takes so much from me. > And, another thing, two days before my daughter's wedding, we had a > death in the family. My niece's 9 year old son committed suicide! > He hung himself with a belt from his bunkbed. It was a shock for the > whole family. There was a slight cloud over 's wedding because > of this, but we couldn't postpone the wedding. And, I was not able > to make it to the funeral because I was out of state at the wedding. > My niece and her husband are having a very difficult time. They have > three children and , the 9 year old, was their youngest > child. Nobody

saw this coming. He was not a depressed child. And, > his parents were very involved parents. He was in sports and did > well in school. He was well liked, but he was somewhat of a goof off > too. He got in trouble at school alot for that behavior. The day > this all happened he had been in trouble in school and had to stay > after. Once he got home, he was sent to his room. 15 minutes later > his mom went to check on him and to talk to him and found him hanging > there. The EMTs were able to resusitate him, and he was put on life > support once he was life-flighted to University Hospital in > Cleveland. But, the family was told very soon after his arrival at > the hospital that there was absolutely no brain activity. It has > been very hard on everyone. The hardest part has to be the worry of > why it happened and how it could have been avoided. The only peace > we have had

is knowing he is in a better place and I am sure God has > him doing special things in Heaven. > But, I am glad to be posting again and I have missed everyone very > much. You have all been on my mind and in my prayers.> > God Bless,> Tina> IPF 04/07 PH 11/07> Ohio> K Central Il Hubby ipf- 2006 As for me and my house, we will

serve the Lord 14

Guest guest

Oh, Tina, I'm so sorry, poor kid, that was no age was it?

Sending you and your family much love and strength

Love Ze xx>> It's good to be back on the Board! I have had some rough times the > last six weeks or so. I have been sick. I have had oxygen supply > troubles. I have a soon-to-be-ex who is being a pain in the butt! > And, I have had my daughter's wedding and college graduation; not to > mention my other daughter's high school graduation coming up this > weekend, and Kaleb's last day of school is next Monday! He is also > on a little league baseball team for the first time this year and > they practice 2 times per week, plus have at least 1 game a week! > What a hectic schedule. Oh, and I forgot, I also have pulm. rehab 2x > per week. It's all been going well, but I do get so exhausted. This > disease just takes so much from me. > And, another thing, two days before my daughter's wedding, we had a > death in the family. My niece's 9 year old son committed suicide! > He hung himself with a belt from his bunkbed. It was a shock for the > whole family. There was a slight cloud over 's wedding because > of this, but we couldn't postpone the wedding. And, I was not able > to make it to the funeral because I was out of state at the wedding. > My niece and her husband are having a very difficult time. They have > three children and , the 9 year old, was their youngest > child. Nobody saw this coming. He was not a depressed child. And, > his parents were very involved parents. He was in sports and did > well in school. He was well liked, but he was somewhat of a goof off > too. He got in trouble at school alot for that behavior. The day > this all happened he had been in trouble in school and had to stay > after. Once he got home, he was sent to his room. 15 minutes later > his mom went to check on him and to talk to him and found him hanging > there. The EMTs were able to resusitate him, and he was put on life > support once he was life-flighted to University Hospital in > Cleveland. But, the family was told very soon after his arrival at > the hospital that there was absolutely no brain activity. It has > been very hard on everyone. The hardest part has to be the worry of > why it happened and how it could have been avoided. The only peace > we have had is knowing he is in a better place and I am sure God has > him doing special things in Heaven. > But, I am glad to be posting again and I have missed everyone very > much. You have all been on my mind and in my prayers.> > God Bless,> Tina> IPF 04/07 PH 11/07> Ohio>

Guest guest

Tina,

Thank you for sharing the story of the little boy in your family who died. This is the most bone chilling thing that I have heard in a long time. I think we as adults are assaulting our kids with way too much worldliness. They just do what they see on TV and on video games. Most of it is unhealthy for their minds. It is unhealthy for my mind. I read in the scripture the other day that we are to "put no evil before your eyes" and our children are looking at it day and night. In some instances they make something like death funny or surreal. You spoke of your precious Kaleb. Guard his little mind, Tina. Little boys love violence and the powers that be are offering it to them in every kind of package imaginable. Oh, that poor mama and daddy. How do you put your 9 year old baby in the ground.

Tina, I pray that the love of God will be with you and Kaleb. That he will heal the grieving hearts of all involved with this little guy. I pray that he will give you wise words to explain this to your son. I pray that his hand is always over him to protect him against such a thing.

So good to have you back on board.

Hugs, Joyce D.Pulmonary Fibrosis 1997 Bronchiectasis 2004 Pulmonary Hypertension 2008 Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, RA, Sjogren's, etc) Rejected for Transplant 2006 .....I will not forget you. Behold, I have engraved you on the palm of my hands. Isaiah 49: 15-16 > > > > From: Tina tjnikita@> > Subject: Hi Peggy!> > To: Breathe-Support > > Date: Monday, May 26, 2008, 10:09 PM> > > > > > > > > > > > > > It's good to be back on the Board! I have had some rough times the > > last six weeks or so. I have been sick. I have had oxygen supply > > troubles. I have a soon-to-be-ex who is being a pain in the butt! > > And, I have had my daughter's wedding and college graduation; not > to > > mention my other daughter's high school graduation coming up this > > weekend, and Kaleb's last day of school is next Monday! He is also > > on a little league baseball team for the first time this year and > > they practice 2 times per week, plus have at least 1 game a week! > > What a hectic schedule. Oh, and I forgot, I also have pulm. rehab > 2x > > per week. It's all been going well, but I do get so exhausted. This > > disease just takes so much from me. > > And, another thing, two days before my daughter's wedding, we had a > > death in the family. My niece's 9 year old son committed suicide! > > He hung himself with a belt from his bunkbed. It was a shock for > the > > whole family. There was a slight cloud over 's wedding > because > > of this, but we couldn't postpone the wedding. And, I was not able > > to make it to the funeral because I was out of state at the > wedding. > > My niece and her husband are having a very difficult time. They > have > > three children and , the 9 year old, was their youngest > > child. Nobody saw this coming. He was not a depressed child. And, > > his parents were very involved parents. He was in sports and did > > well in school. He was well liked, but he was somewhat of a goof > off > > too. He got in trouble at school alot for that behavior. The day > > this all happened he had been in trouble in school and had to stay > > after. Once he got home, he was sent to his room. 15 minutes later > > his mom went to check on him and to talk to him and found him > hanging > > there. The EMTs were able to resusitate him, and he was put on life > > support once he was life-flighted to University Hospital in > > Cleveland. But, the family was told very soon after his arrival at > > the hospital that there was absolutely no brain activity. It has > > been very hard on everyone. The hardest part has to be the worry of > > why it happened and how it could have been avoided. The only peace > > we have had is knowing he is in a better place and I am sure God > has > > him doing special things in Heaven. > > But, I am glad to be posting again and I have missed everyone very > > much. You have all been on my mind and in my prayers.> > > > God Bless,> > Tina> > IPF 04/07 PH 11/07> > Ohio> >>

Guest guest

Tina...I'm so so sorry to hear about ! I know the family is inconsolable. I hope they can grasp at this early time that there is no blame.

I'm glad to see you posting and I enjoy our 'other' chats.

MamaSher, age 69.IPF 3-06,NSIP 4-08. OR.Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Hi Peggy!

It's good to be back on the Board! I have had some rough times the last six weeks or so. I have been sick. I have had oxygen supply troubles. I have a soon-to-be-ex who is being a pain in the butt! And, I have had my daughter's wedding and college graduation; not to mention my other daughter's high school graduation coming up this weekend, and Kaleb's last day of school is next Monday! He is also on a little league baseball team for the first time this year and they practice 2 times per week, plus have at least 1 game a week! What a hectic schedule. Oh, and I forgot, I also have pulm. rehab 2x per week. It's all been going well, but I do get so exhausted. This disease just takes so much from me. And, another thing, two days before my daughter's wedding, we had a death in the family. My niece's 9 year old son committed suicide! He hung himself with a belt from his bunkbed. It was a shock for the whole family. There was a slight cloud over 's wedding because of this, but we couldn't postpone the wedding. And, I was not able to make it to the funeral because I was out of state at the wedding. My niece and her husband are having a very difficult time. They have three children and , the 9 year old, was their youngest child. Nobody saw this coming. He was not a depressed child. And, his parents were very involved parents. He was in sports and did well in school. He was well liked, but he was somewhat of a goof off too. He got in trouble at school alot for that behavior. The day this all happened he had been in trouble in school and had to stay after. Once he got home, he was sent to his room. 15 minutes later his mom went to check on him and to talk to him and found him hanging there. The EMTs were able to resusitate him, and he was put on life support once he was life-flighted to University Hospital in Cleveland. But, the family was told very soon after his arrival at the hospital that there was absolutely no brain activity. It has been very hard on everyone. The hardest part has to be the worry of why it happened and how it could have been avoided. The only peace we have had is knowing he is in a better place and I am sure God has him doing special things in Heaven. But, I am glad to be posting again and I have missed everyone very much. You have all been on my mind and in my prayers.God Bless,TinaIPF 04/07 PH 11/07Ohio