RemedySpot.com

Re: Ridges

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

, I find Organic Olive Oil very helpful. Always moisturize after the shower or bath, you are more prone to absorbtion at that time. It is easily found in the Grocer. Also very mositurizing is Grapeseed Oil (also organic) it is quickly absorbed and odorless, do not leave oily residue. Now also available at the Grocer. GNC also has a brand called Now. I have both..

God Bless !!

dragonflymcs

Mayleen 02/07 ILD / MCS/ Fibro/ RADS/ TMJD/ IRD +14

Ridges on fingernails

I've had ridges on my nails off and on for almost as long as I can remember. I've had two different dermatologists tell me that all fingernails have ridges on the underside and that if these ridges are showing through on the topside of our nails it is because the nail bed is drying out. So the remedy is the typical things like keeping gloves on when working with water and detergents and working outside etc. Using good quality moisturizers and cuticle oils. These don't replace moisture but they do keep your hands and nail beds from drying out further. I've also been told that fish oil supplements can help though I don't take them. The external stuff seems to work fine for me.

I don't think that ridges have anything to do with our lung disease and the clubbing is really a separate issue as far as I know.

Beth

Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06

Change everything. Love and Forgive

E-mail for the greater good. Join the i¢m Initiative from Microsoft..

Guest guest

Thanks I'll try it!With Warm Regards, Ali Klisser"Be who you are, & say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, & those who matter don't mind." ~Dr. Suess ~To: Breathe-Support From: dragonflymcs@...Date: Sun, 25 May 2008 13:06:22 -0700Subject: Re: Ridges , I find Organic Olive Oil very helpful. Always moisturize after the shower or bath, you are more prone to absorbtion at that time. It is easily found in the Grocer. Also very mositurizing is Grapeseed Oil (also organic) it is quickly absorbed and odorless, do not leave oily residue. Now also available at the Grocer. GNC also has a brand called Now. I have both.. God Bless !!dragonflymcsMayleen 02/07 ILD / MCS/ Fibro/ RADS/ TMJD/ IRD +14 Ridges on fingernailsI've had ridges on my nails off and on for almost as long as I can remember. I've had two different dermatologists tell me that all fingernails have ridges on the underside and that if these ridges are showing through on the topside of our nails it is because the nail bed is drying out. So the remedy is the typical things like keeping gloves on when working with water and detergents and working outside etc. Using good quality moisturizers and cuticle oils. These don't replace moisture but they do keep your hands and nail beds from drying out further. I've also been told that fish oil supplements can help though I don't take them. The external stuff seems to work fine for me. I don't think that ridges have anything to do with our lung disease and the clubbing is really a separate issue as far as I know. Beth Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 Change everything. Love and Forgive E-mail for the greater good. Join the iʼm Initiative from Microsoft.. Make every e-mail and IM count. Join the i’m Initiative from Microsoft.

Guest guest

Thanks I'll try it!

With Warm Regards, Ali Klisser"Be who you are, & say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, & those who matter don't mind." ~Dr. Suess ~

To: Breathe-Support From: dragonflymcs@...Date: Sun, 25 May 2008 13:06:22 -0700Subject: Re: Ridges

, I find Organic Olive Oil very helpful. Always moisturize after the shower or bath, you are more prone to absorbtion at that time. It is easily found in the Grocer. Also very mositurizing is Grapeseed Oil (also organic) it is quickly absorbed and odorless, do not leave oily residue. Now also available at the Grocer. GNC also has a brand called Now. I have both..

God Bless !!

dragonflymcs

Ridges on fingernails

I've had ridges on my nails off and on for almost as long as I can remember. I've had two different dermatologists tell me that all fingernails have ridges on the underside and that if these ridges are showing through on the topside of our nails it is because the nail bed is drying out. So the remedy is the typical things like keeping gloves on when working with water and detergents and working outside etc. Using good quality moisturizers and cuticle oils. These don't replace moisture but they do keep your hands and nail beds from drying out further. I've also been told that fish oil supplements can help though I don't take them. The external stuff seems to work fine for me.

I don't think that ridges have anything to do with our lung disease and the clubbing is really a separate issue as far as I know.

Beth

E-mail for the greater good. Join the i¢m Initiative from Microsoft..

Keep your kids safer online with Windows Live Family Safety. Help protect your kids.

Guest guest

, My Pleasure !! Alawys !!

God Bless !!

dragonflymcs

Ridges on fingernails

Beth

E-mail for the greater good. Join the iʼm Initiative from Microsoft..

Make every e-mail and IM count. Join the i’m Initiative from Microsoft.