RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: stem cell transplant??

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi Mike,

HAPPY BIRTHAY I just celebrated my 62nd May 8th. Glad to hear the NAC is helping you with the cough and phlegm problem, I have coughed so long and hard (6-8 months) that it felt like my lungs were going to explode and the phlegm problem sucks big time. I had my vats done 4/30/08 and haven't had any pain or trouble related to the operation. Actually my coughing has decreased dramatically and the phlegm is down to the point that I don't even think about it (almost normal). I was very happy with the vats operation--the longest incision they made was only 2 inches long and it didn't even feel like they cut any muscles or tendons. My

echocardiogram is normal and all the blood work that I have had done is normal also. I don't understand this disease either--I have never smoked and have taken care of myself all my life and then this thing pops up.

I have worked on the Seattle waterfront all my life where it is cold, wet, damp and been around all the stuff that I probably should not have been around and my Dr. has said that he would not rule out the fact that I could have been exposed to something that triggered this disease.

Where do you live in Mexico? What do you know about any stem cell transplants that they do in Mexico for Pulmonary Fibrosis? My wife has talked to several different people that have gone to Algodonas for stem cell injections for COPD, emphysema, fibromyalgia, chronic back pains and other things, but have not heard about any with PF.

My wife is a RN and has been very good helping me with all this stuff (I have stuck my head in the sand just knowing that this all gonna go away, but reality is running its course and its time to get up and kick this things ass). I better not get going on how I feel--I might be riding shotgun for Glenn when he visits his Dr. on the 11th month and maybe we can get s husband Don to be a look out for us--(reminds me of the movie The Bucket List). Well now that I got that off my chest (more to come at a later date). Thanks to everyone for the kind thoughts and allowing me to participate in the group.

Sher,

Thanks for the info about SS. I will look into the disibility!!

G. UIP/IPF 5/07 AZ