RemedySpot.com

Re: Ridges on fingernails

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

wheeeooo! Thanks, your probably right. I have had to make some sacrifices in the budget and nail care was one.

With Warm Regards, Ali Klisser"Be who you are, & say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, & those who matter don't mind." ~Dr. Suess ~

To: Breathe-Support From: mbmurtha@...Date: Sun, 25 May 2008 07:07:44 -0700Subject: Ridges on fingernails

I've had ridges on my nails off and on for almost as long as I can remember. I've had two different dermatologists tell me that all fingernails have ridges on the underside and that if these ridges are showing through on the topside of our nails it is because the nail bed is drying out. So the remedy is the typical things like keeping gloves on when working with water and detergents and working outside etc. Using good quality moisturizers and cuticle oils. These don't replace moisture but they do keep your hands and nail beds from drying out further. I've also been told that fish oil supplements can help though I don't take them. The external stuff seems to work fine for me.

I don't think that ridges have anything to do with our lung disease and the clubbing is really a separate issue as far as I know.

Beth

Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06

Change everything. Love and Forgive

E-mail for the greater good. Join the i’m Initiative from Microsoft.

Guest guest

If you gals have any vitamin E on hand, puncture one or two and rub into nails on hands/feet. I think it helps.

Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Ridges on fingernails

I've had ridges on my nails off and on for almost as long as I can remember. I've had two different dermatologists tell me that all fingernails have ridges on the underside and that if these ridges are showing through on the topside of our nails it is because the nail bed is drying out. So the remedy is the typical things like keeping gloves on when working with water and detergents and working outside etc. Using good quality moisturizers and cuticle oils. These don't replace moisture but they do keep your hands and nail beds from drying out further. I've also been told that fish oil supplements can help though I don't take them. The external stuff seems to work fine for me.

I don't think that ridges have anything to do with our lung disease and the clubbing is really a separate issue as far as I know.

Beth

E-mail for the greater good. Join the i’m Initiative from Microsoft.

Guest guest

I'm another one with about $0.00 in the budget for nail care. (And I did love a good pedicure!) But all you need is a good thick moisturizer every single day, as often as you can think of it. Eucerin comes in the round tub and is excellent. It is more expensive though and I use the store brand version (CVS or Target or Walgreens) and it's basically the same thing if you check the list of ingredients. My skin is very very dry especially my hands. (They think actually that this is a symptom of my connective tissue disease) so I have to keep after it constantly. I use almond oil on my cuticles before bed. I buy a little 8 oz bottle of it in the grocery and it lasts months and months.

When you can't afford to have the professionals do it, you find ways to take care of it yourself right?

Beth

Ridges on fingernails

Beth

E-mail for the greater good. Join the i¢m Initiative from Microsoft.

Guest guest

Hi Beth!

What are the white marks on the middle of my nails? Some of them show through my pale-colored polish. My manicurist doesn't know what they are.

Toodles!

Jane UIP/IPF 12/1998 Dalton, Georgia aka pianolady_musicgirl

>> ,> I'm another one with about $0.00 in the budget for nail care. (And I did love a good pedicure!) But all you need is a good thick moisturizer every single day, as often as you can think of it. Eucerin comes in the round tub and is excellent. It is more expensive though and I use the store brand version (CVS or Target or Walgreens) and it's basically the same thing if you check the list of ingredients. My skin is very very dry especially my hands. (They think actually that this is a symptom of my connective tissue disease) so I have to keep after it constantly. I use almond oil on my cuticles before bed. I buy a little 8 oz bottle of it in the grocery and it lasts months and months. > When you can't afford to have the professionals do it, you find ways to take care of it yourself right? > > Beth > Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06> > Change everything. Love and Forgive > > > > > > Ridges on fingernails> > > I've had ridges on my nails off and on for almost as long as I can remember. I've had two different dermatologists tell me that all fingernails have ridges on the underside and that if these ridges are showing through on the topside of our nails it is because the nail bed is drying out. So the remedy is the typical things like keeping gloves on when working with water and detergents and working outside etc. Using good quality moisturizers and cuticle oils. These don't replace moisture but they do keep your hands and nail beds from drying out further. I've also been told that fish oil supplements can help though I don't take them. The external stuff seems to work fine for me.> > I don't think that ridges have anything to do with our lung disease and the clubbing is really a separate issue as far as I know. > Beth > Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06> > Change everything. Love and Forgive > > > > ________________________________> E-mail for the greater good. Join the i¢m Initiative from Microsoft.>

Guest guest

From what I understand the way to tell the difference is, if it's just occuring occaisionally on one or two fingernails it is more likely to be due to damage, but if it appears on most of your nails at about the same times, then it's more likely to be zinc deficiency. I wouldn't necessarily rule it out for us as some of us are on some major drugs which may inhibit the zinc from time to time.

Love Ze xx> >> > ,> > I'm another one with about $0.00 in the budget for nail care. (And I did love a good pedicure!) But all you need is a good thick moisturizer every single day, as often as you can think of it. Eucerin comes in the round tub and is excellent. It is more expensive though and I use the store brand version (CVS or Target or Walgreens) and it's basically the same thing if you check the list of ingredients. My skin is very very dry especially my hands. (They think actually that this is a symptom of my connective tissue disease) so I have to keep after it constantly. I use almond oil on my cuticles before bed. I buy a little 8 oz bottle of it in the grocery and it lasts months and months. > > When you can't afford to have the professionals do it, you find ways to take care of it yourself right? > > > > Beth > > Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06> > > > Change everything. Love and Forgive > > > > > > > > > > > > Ridges on fingernails> > > > > > I've had ridges on my nails off and on for almost as long as I can remember. I've had two different dermatologists tell me that all fingernails have ridges on the underside and that if these ridges are showing through on the topside of our nails it is because the nail bed is drying out. So the remedy is the typical things like keeping gloves on when working with water and detergents and working outside etc. Using good quality moisturizers and cuticle oils. These don't replace moisture but they do keep your hands and nail beds from drying out further. I've also been told that fish oil supplements can help though I don't take them. The external stuff seems to work fine for me.> > > > I don't think that ridges have anything to do with our lung disease and the clubbing is really a separate issue as far as I know. > > Beth > > Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06> > > > Change everything. Love and Forgive > > > > > > > > ____________ _________ _________ __> > E-mail for the greater good. Join the i¢m Initiative from Microsoft.> >>

Guest guest

Beth,

That makes perfect sense I have hit my fingers so much. I wonder if when the manicurist pushes back the cuticle & then cuts it, if that could cause injury. I have played the piano most of my life so I will just attribute it to that, Thanks!

Toodles!

Jane UIP/IPF 12/1998 Dalton, Georgia aka pianolady_musicgirl

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~> >> > ,> > I'm another one with about $0.00 in the budget for nail care. (And I did love a good pedicure!) But all you need is a good thick moisturizer every single day, as often as you can think of it. Eucerin comes in the round tub and is excellent. It is more expensive though and I use the store brand version (CVS or Target or Walgreens) and it's basically the same thing if you check the list of ingredients. My skin is very very dry especially my hands. (They think actually that this is a symptom of my connective tissue disease) so I have to keep after it constantly. I use almond oil on my cuticles before bed. I buy a little 8 oz bottle of it in the grocery and it lasts months and months. > > When you can't afford to have the professionals do it, you find ways to take care of it yourself right? > > > > Beth > > Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06> > > > Change everything. Love and Forgive > > > > > > > > > > > > Ridges on fingernails> > > > > > I've had ridges on my nails off and on for almost as long as I can remember. I've had two different dermatologists tell me that all fingernails have ridges on the underside and that if these ridges are showing through on the topside of our nails it is because the nail bed is drying out. So the remedy is the typical things like keeping gloves on when working with water and detergents and working outside etc. Using good quality moisturizers and cuticle oils. These don't replace moisture but they do keep your hands and nail beds from drying out further. I've also been told that fish oil supplements can help though I don't take them. The external stuff seems to work fine for me.> > > > I don't think that ridges have anything to do with our lung disease and the clubbing is really a separate issue as far as I know. > > Beth > > Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06> > > > Change everything. Love and Forgive > > > > > > > > ____________ _________ _________ __> > E-mail for the greater good. Join the i¢m Initiative from Microsoft.> >>

Guest guest

Jane,

When I was a little girl, my mother told me that every time a white mark came under my fingernail, it meant that I had told a lie.

Hugs, Joyce

> > > > >> > ,> > I'm another one with about $0.00 in the budget for nail care. (And I> did love a good pedicure!) But all you need is a good thick moisturizer> every single day, as often as you can think of it. Eucerin comes in the> round tub and is excellent. It is more expensive though and I use the> store brand version (CVS or Target or Walgreens) and it's basically the> same thing if you check the list of ingredients. My skin is very very> dry especially my hands. (They think actually that this is a symptom of> my connective tissue disease) so I have to keep after it constantly. I> use almond oil on my cuticles before bed. I buy a little 8 oz bottle of> it in the grocery and it lasts months and months.> > When you can't afford to have the professionals do it, you find ways> to take care of it yourself right?> >> > Beth> > Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06> >> > Change everything. Love and Forgive> >> >> >> >> >> > Ridges on fingernails> >> >> > I've had ridges on my nails off and on for almost as long as I can> remember. I've had two different dermatologists tell me that all> fingernails have ridges on the underside and that if these ridges are> showing through on the topside of our nails it is because the nail bed> is drying out. So the remedy is the typical things like keeping gloves> on when working with water and detergents and working outside etc. Using> good quality moisturizers and cuticle oils. These don't replace moisture> but they do keep your hands and nail beds from drying out further. I've> also been told that fish oil supplements can help though I don't take> them. The external stuff seems to work fine for me.> >> > I don't think that ridges have anything to do with our lung disease> and the clubbing is really a separate issue as far as I know.> > Beth> > Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06> >> > Change everything. Love and Forgive> >> >> >> > ________________________________> > E-mail for the greater good. Join the i¢m Initiative from> Microsoft.> >>

Guest guest

Zena,

O.K., kid, you have lost me. budgerigars didn't moult and change> colour!!!!Explain this.....I have no idea what buderigars are. ???

All the things my mama told me that shaped my life....I passed them right on to my own kids. Sometimes I will hear them say things to thier kids that my mama said to me.

Hugs, Joyce D.Pulmonary Fibrosis 1997 Bronchiectasis 2004 Pulmonary Hypertension 2008 Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, RA, Sjogren's, etc) Rejected for Transplant 2006 .....I will not forget you. Behold, I have engraved you on the palm of my hands. Isaiah 49: 15-16> > > >> > > > ,> > > > I'm another one with about $0.00 in the budget for nail care. (And> I> > > did love a good pedicure!) But all you need is a good thick> > moisturizer> > > every single day, as often as you can think of it. Eucerin comes in> > the> > > round tub and is excellent. It is more expensive though and I use> the> > > store brand version (CVS or Target or Walgreens) and it's basically> > the> > > same thing if you check the list of ingredients. My skin is very> very> > > dry especially my hands. (They think actually that this is a symptom> > of> > > my connective tissue disease) so I have to keep after it constantly.> I> > > use almond oil on my cuticles before bed. I buy a little 8 oz bottle> > of> > > it in the grocery and it lasts months and months.> > > > When you can't afford to have the professionals do it, you find> ways> > > to take care of it yourself right?> > > >> > > > Beth> > > > Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06> > > >> > > > Change everything. Love and Forgive> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > > Ridges on fingernails> > > >> > > >> > > > I've had ridges on my nails off and on for almost as long as I can> > > remember. I've had two different dermatologists tell me that all> > > fingernails have ridges on the underside and that if these ridges> are> > > showing through on the topside of our nails it is because the nail> bed> > > is drying out. So the remedy is the typical things like keeping> gloves> > > on when working with water and detergents and working outside etc.> > Using> > > good quality moisturizers and cuticle oils. These don't replace> > moisture> > > but they do keep your hands and nail beds from drying out further.> > I've> > > also been told that fish oil supplements can help though I don't> take> > > them. The external stuff seems to work fine for me.> > > >> > > > I don't think that ridges have anything to do with our lung> disease> > > and the clubbing is really a separate issue as far as I know.> > > > Beth> > > > Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06> > > >> > > > Change everything. Love and Forgive> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > > ________________________________> > > > E-mail for the greater good. Join the i¢m Initiative from> > > Microsoft.> > > >> > >> >>

Guest guest

LOL Joyce, They are parakeets. lol I had one when I was younger.. a lot younger.  I Love you today and am praying NO ITCHING this day. Happy moments, praise God.Difficult moments, seek God.Quiet moments, worship God.Painful moments, trust God.Every moment, thank God. Zena,O.K., kid, you have lost me.  budgerigars didn't moult and change> colour!!!!Explain this.....I have no idea what buderigars are.  ???All the things my mama told me that shaped my life....I passed them right on to my own kids.  Sometimes I will hear them say things to thier kids that my mama said to me. Hugs, Joyce D.Pulmonary Fibrosis 1997    Bronchiectasis 2004    Pulmonary Hypertension 2008 Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, RA, Sjogren's, etc)  Rejected for Transplant 2006 .....I will not forget you.  Behold, I have engraved you on the palm of my hands.  Isaiah 49: 15-16> > > >> > > > ,> > > > I'm another one with about $0.00 in the budget for nail care. (And> I> > > did love a good pedicure!) But all you need is a good thick> > moisturizer> > > every single day, as often as you can think of it. Eucerin comes in> > the> > > round tub and is excellent. It is more expensive though and I use> the> > > store brand version (CVS or Target or Walgreens) and it's basically> > the> > > same thing if you check the list of ingredients. My skin is very> very> > > dry especially my hands. (They think actually that this is a symptom> > of> > > my connective tissue disease) so I have to keep after it constantly.> I> > > use almond oil on my cuticles before bed. I buy a little 8 oz bottle> > of> > > it in the grocery and it lasts months and months.> > > > When you can't afford to have the professionals do it, you find> ways> > > to take care of it yourself right?> > > >> > > > Beth> > > > Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06> > > >> > > > Change everything. Love and Forgive> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > > Ridges on fingernails> > > >> > > >> > > > I've had ridges on my nails off and on for almost as long as I can> > > remember. I've had two different dermatologists tell me that all> > > fingernails have ridges on the underside and that if these ridges> are> > > showing through on the topside of our nails it is because the nail> bed> > > is drying out. So the remedy is the typical things like keeping> gloves> > > on when working with water and detergents and working outside etc.> > Using> > > good quality moisturizers and cuticle oils. These don't replace> > moisture> > > but they do keep your hands and nail beds from drying out further.> > I've> > > also been told that fish oil supplements can help though I don't> take> > > them. The external stuff seems to work fine for me.> > > >> > > > I don't think that ridges have anything to do with our lung> disease> > > and the clubbing is really a separate issue as far as I know.> > > > Beth> > > > Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06> > > >> > > > Change everything. Love and Forgive> > > >> > > >> > > >> > > > ________________________________> > > > E-mail for the greater good. Join the i¢m Initiative from> > > Microsoft.> > > >> > >> >>

Guest guest

A buderigar is a small bird that it native to australia, but is kept as a pet in the uk. They come in a variety of colours and they live a couple of years as a pet. Every time my aunts pet died if possible her parents hid it from her and replaced the bird when she wasn't looking, but apparently they didn't always pay attention to what colour the bird was and they explained the different colour by saying that the bird had moulted and changed colour!

Love Ze xx> > > > >> > > > > ,> > > > > I'm another one with about $0.00 in the budget for nail care.> (And> > I> > > > did love a good pedicure!) But all you need is a good thick> > > moisturizer> > > > every single day, as often as you can think of it. Eucerin comes> in> > > the> > > > round tub and is excellent. It is more expensive though and I use> > the> > > > store brand version (CVS or Target or Walgreens) and it's> basically> > > the> > > > same thing if you check the list of ingredients. My skin is very> > very> > > > dry especially my hands. (They think actually that this is a> symptom> > > of> > > > my connective tissue disease) so I have to keep after it> constantly.> > I> > > > use almond oil on my cuticles before bed. I buy a little 8 oz> bottle> > > of> > > > it in the grocery and it lasts months and months.> > > > > When you can't afford to have the professionals do it, you find> > ways> > > > to take care of it yourself right?> > > > >> > > > > Beth> > > > > Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06> > > > >> > > > > Change everything. Love and Forgive> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > Ridges on fingernails> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > I've had ridges on my nails off and on for almost as long as I> can> > > > remember. I've had two different dermatologists tell me that all> > > > fingernails have ridges on the underside and that if these ridges> > are> > > > showing through on the topside of our nails it is because the nail> > bed> > > > is drying out. So the remedy is the typical things like keeping> > gloves> > > > on when working with water and detergents and working outside etc.> > > Using> > > > good quality moisturizers and cuticle oils. These don't replace> > > moisture> > > > but they do keep your hands and nail beds from drying out further.> > > I've> > > > also been told that fish oil supplements can help though I don't> > take> > > > them. The external stuff seems to work fine for me.> > > > >> > > > > I don't think that ridges have anything to do with our lung> > disease> > > > and the clubbing is really a separate issue as far as I know.> > > > > Beth> > > > > Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06> > > > >> > > > > Change everything. Love and Forgive> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > ________________________________> > > > > E-mail for the greater good. Join the i¢m Initiative from> > > > Microsoft.> > > > >> > > >> > >> >>

Guest guest

Yup, what Peggy said.

Two nations divided by one language

Love Ze xx> > > > >> > > > > ,> > > > > I'm another one with about $0.00 in the budget for nail > care. (And> > I> > > > did love a good pedicure!) But all you need is a good thick> > > moisturizer> > > > every single day, as often as you can think of it. Eucerin > comes in> > > the> > > > round tub and is excellent. It is more expensive though and I use> > the> > > > store brand version (CVS or Target or Walgreens) and it's > basically> > > the> > > > same thing if you check the list of ingredients. My skin is very> > very> > > > dry especially my hands. (They think actually that this is a > symptom> > > of> > > > my connective tissue disease) so I have to keep after it > constantly.> > I> > > > use almond oil on my cuticles before bed. I buy a little 8 oz > bottle> > > of> > > > it in the grocery and it lasts months and months.> > > > > When you can't afford to have the professionals do it, you find> > ways> > > > to take care of it yourself right?> > > > >> > > > > Beth> > > > > Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06> > > > >> > > > > Change everything. Love and Forgive> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > Ridges on fingernails> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > I've had ridges on my nails off and on for almost as long as > I can> > > > remember. I've had two different dermatologists tell me that all> > > > fingernails have ridges on the underside and that if these ridges> > are> > > > showing through on the topside of our nails it is because the > nail> > bed> > > > is drying out. So the remedy is the typical things like keeping> > gloves> > > > on when working with water and detergents and working outside > etc.> > > Using> > > > good quality moisturizers and cuticle oils. These don't replace> > > moisture> > > > but they do keep your hands and nail beds from drying out > further.> > > I've> > > > also been told that fish oil supplements can help though I don't> > take> > > > them. The external stuff seems to work fine for me.> > > > >> > > > > I don't think that ridges have anything to do with our lung> > disease> > > > and the clubbing is really a separate issue as far as I know.> > > > > Beth> > > > > Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06> > > > >> > > > > Change everything. Love and Forgive> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > ________________________________> > > > > E-mail for the greater good. Join the i¢m Initiative from> > > > Microsoft.> > > > >> > > >> > >> >>

Guest guest

We call them budgies here in Canada

Hugs Irene

---- Original Message ----

To: Breathe-Support

Sent: Mon, 26 May 2008 11:01 am

Subject: Re: Ridges on fingernails

Yup, what Peggy said.

Two nations divided by one language

Love Ze xx

> > > > >

> > > > > ,

> > > > > I'm another one with about $0.00 in the budget for nail

> care. (And

> > I

> > > > did love a good pedicure!) But all you need is a good thick

> > > moisturizer

> > > > every single day, as often as you can think of it. Eucerin

> comes in

> > > the

> > > > round tub and is excellent. It is more expensive though and I use

> > the

> > > > store brand version (CVS or Target or Walgreens) and it's

> basically

> > > the

> > > > same thing if you check the list of ingredients. My skin is very

> > very

> > > > dry especially my hands. (They think actually that this is a

> symptom

> > > of

> > > > my connective tissue disease) so I have to keep after it

> constantly.

> > I

> > > > use almond oil on my cuticles before bed. I buy a little 8 oz

> bottle

> > > of

> > > > it in the grocery and it lasts months and months.

> > > > > When you can't afford to have the professionals do it, you find

> > ways

> > > > to take care of it yourself right?

> > > > >

> > > > > Beth

> > > > > Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06

> > > > >

> > > > > Change everything. Love and Forgive

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Ridges on fingernails

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > I've had ridges on my nails off and on for almost as long as

> I can

> > > > remember. I've had two different dermatologists tell me that all

> > > > fingernails have ridges on the underside and that if these ridges

> > are

> > > > showing through on the topside of our nails it is because the

> nail

> > bed

> > > > is drying out. So the remedy is the typical things like keeping

> > gloves

> > > > on when working with water and detergents and working outside

> etc.

> > > Using

> > > > good quality moisturizers and cuticle oils. These don't replace

> > > moisture

> > > > but they do keep your hands and nail beds from drying out

> further.

> > > I've

> > > > also been told that fish oil supplements can help though I don't

> > take

> > > > them. The external stuff seems to work fine for me.

> > > > >

> > > > > I don't think that ridges have anything to do with our lung

> > disease

> > > > and the clubbing is really a separate issue as far as I know.

> > > > > Beth

> > > > > Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06

> > > > >

> > > > > Change everything. Love and Forgive

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > ________________________________

> > > > > E-mail for the greater good. Join the i¢m Initiative from

> > > > Microsoft.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Meet the new AOL.ca. Free radio, music, videos, news & entertainment – with a Canadian perspective.

Guest guest

Ze, That is really funny. K IllinoisZena wrote: A buderigar is a small bird that it native to australia, but is kept as a pet in the uk. They come in a variety of colours and they live a couple of years as a pet. Every time my aunts pet died if possible her parents hid it from her and replaced the bird when she wasn't looking, but apparently they didn't always pay attention to what colour the

bird was and they explained the different colour by saying that the bird had moulted and changed colour! Love Ze xx> > > > >> > > > > ,> > > > > I'm another one with about $0.00 in the budget for nail care.> (And> > I> > > > did love a good pedicure!) But all you need is a good thick> > > moisturizer> > > > every single day, as often as you can think of it. Eucerin comes> in> > > the> > > > round tub and is excellent. It is more expensive though and I use> > the> > > > store brand version (CVS or Target or Walgreens) and it's> basically> > > the> > > > same thing if you check the list of ingredients. My skin is very> > very> > > > dry

especially my hands. (They think actually that this is a> symptom> > > of> > > > my connective tissue disease) so I have to keep after it> constantly.> > I> > > > use almond oil on my cuticles before bed. I buy a little 8 oz> bottle> > > of> > > > it in the grocery and it lasts months and months.> > > > > When you can't afford to have the professionals do it, you find> > ways> > > > to take care of it yourself right?> > > > >> > > > > Beth> > > > > Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06> > > > >> > > > > Change everything. Love and Forgive> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > Ridges on fingernails> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > I've had ridges on my nails off and on for almost as long as I> can> > > > remember. I've had two different dermatologists tell me that all> > > > fingernails have ridges on the underside and that if these ridges> > are> > > > showing through on the topside of our nails it is because the nail> > bed> > > > is drying out. So the remedy is the typical things like keeping> > gloves> > > > on when working with water and detergents and working outside etc.> > >

Using> > > > good quality moisturizers and cuticle oils. These don't replace> > > moisture> > > > but they do keep your hands and nail beds from drying out further.> > > I've> > > > also been told that fish oil supplements can help though I don't> > take> > > > them. The external stuff seems to work fine for me.> > > > >> > > > > I don't think that ridges have anything to do with our lung> > disease> > > > and the clubbing is really a separate issue as far as I know.> > > > > Beth> > > > > Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06> > > > >> > > > > Change everything. Love and Forgive> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > ________________________________>

> > > > E-mail for the greater good. Join the i¢m Initiative from> > > > Microsoft.> > > > >> > > >> > >> >> K Central Il Hubby ipf- 2006 As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord 14