RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: ABout Oxygen

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Mayleen,

There are several different types of systems that provide supplemental oxygen to those of us who need it to stay alive. In the home there are oxygen concentrators that take room air, remove most of the other gases and provide us with a bit over 90% oxygen. Most of us use nasal cannula to get the oxygen into our lungs. For back up in case of a power outage you will need a large tank of compressed oxygen to which you can connect. Your supplier will also bring you small portable tanks that you can use to go out.

There are also liquid oxygen systems in which case a liquid oxygen resevoir is brought to your home, you can connect your tubing to that and breathe 100% pure oxygen from that. One of the advantages of a liquid system is you are not dependent on power. One disadvantage is that you will need to have it refilled by your oxygen provider every week or so. You can also fill a portable unit from the liquid resevoir to be able to go out.

Here is a link that has some basic information. It's from Lincare one of the biggest national companies supplying durable medical equipment to people like us. http://www.lincare.com/patientedu/oxygenhome.html

Has your doctor told you that you need supplemental oxygen? I'm just curious about what tests you've had done. It sounds as though your ILD presented very quickly.

Hope this is helpful!

Beth

Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06

Change everything. Love and Forgive

Re: ABout OxygenSystems Please!!!!

Hi Mayleen,

I don't quite know what you're after here, but at home I have a concentrator that runs off of the mains. It's suitable for up to 4L continuous flow. If I have a powercut I have a large oxygen bottle that I can hook up to. When I'm out and about I have small gas bottles which are about 19inches high that go in a back pack. They're ok, except that as I'm often on 6L while out they only last just over an hour.

Is this the sort of thing you wanted?

Love Ze xx

>> > Please give alot of detail about oxygen systems. I need to figure out> which is best for me with double whamy and would like to know details of> them. Also if you have backup generators for your systems? What kind?> > Thank you!!!!!!>