RemedySpot.com

Re: Signs to Post Oxygen in Use

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Mayleen, Thanks for this sight...the sign

is much better than the

cardboard sign I got from my O2 provider.

Z fibriotic NSIP/05

Z 64,

fibriotic NSIP/o5/PA

And “mild”

PH/10/07 and Reynaud’s too!!

No, NSIP was not

self-inflicted…I never smoked!

Potter,

reader,carousel lover and MomMom to

Darah

and Sara

“I’m gonna be

iron like a lion in Zion” Bob Marley

dragonflymcs wrote:

To All , Found this site that has a sign that never needs

replaced for "Oxygen in Use" it is a safety sign. Hope it is usefull

!!!

http://www.stopsignsllc.com/

God

Bless !!

dragonflymcs

Mayleen 02/07

ILD / MCS/ Fibro/ RADS/ TMJD/ AR +18

No virus found in this incoming message.

Checked by AVG. Version: 8.0.100 / Virus Database: 269.24.0/1462 - Release Date: 5/23/2008 7:20 AM

Guest guest

Why do we need a sign? I'm naive I know. KIllinois Zion wrote: Mayleen, Thanks for this sight...the sign is much better than the cardboard sign I got from my O2 provider. Z 64, fibriotic NSIP/o5/PA And “mild” PH/10/07 and Reynaud’s

too!! No, NSIP was not self-inflicted…I never smoked! Potter, reader,carousel lover and MomMom to Darah and Sara “I’m gonna be iron like a lion in Zion” Bob Marley <!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]--> <!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]-->dragonflymcs wrote: To All , Found this site that has a sign that never needs replaced for "Oxygen in Use" it is a safety sign. Hope it is usefull !!! http://www.stopsignsllc.com/ God Bless !! dragonflymcs Mayleen 02/07 ILD / MCS/ Fibro/ RADS/ TMJD/ AR +18 No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG. Version: 8.0.100 / Virus Database: 269.24.0/1462 - Release Date: 5/23/2008 7:20 AM K Central Il Hubby ipf- 2006 As for me and my house, we

will serve the Lord 14

Guest guest

K.

To caution others who do not know it is dangerous to have something that has a spark near oxygen.

God Bless !!

dragonflymcs

Mayleen 02/07 ILD / MCS/ Fibro/ RADS/ TMJD/ IRD +14

Re: Signs to Post "Oxygen in Use""

Why do we need a sign? I'm naive I know.

KIllinois Zion <ljz741verizon (DOT) net> wrote:

Mayleen, Thanks for this sight...the sign is much better than the cardboard sign I got from my O2 provider.

Z 64, fibriotic NSIP/o5/PA

And “mild” PH/10/07 and Reynaud’s too!!

No, NSIP was not self-inflicted… I never smoked!

Potter, reader,carousel lover and MomMom to Darah

and Sara

“I’m gonna be iron like a lion in Zion” Bob Marley

<!--[if !supportEmptyParas] --> <!--[endif]-->

<!--[if !supportEmptyParas] --> <!--[endif]-->dragonflymcs wrote:

To All , Found this site that has a sign that never needs replaced for "Oxygen in Use" it is a safety sign. Hope it is usefull !!!

http://www.stopsign sllc.com/

God Bless !!

dragonflymcs

Mayleen 02/07 ILD / MCS/ Fibro/ RADS/ TMJD/ AR +18

No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG. Version: 8.0.100 / Virus Database: 269.24.0/1462 - Release Date: 5/23/2008 7:20 AM

K

Central Il

Hubby ipf- 2006

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord

Guest guest

K. You need the sign so warn

others of the possibilty of sparks from cigarettes, or sparks causing

an

explosion if a fire should occur!!! The fire man need to know that O2

is in the house. Also, Call your local Fire

station to make them aware in case of an emergency. You can get

cardboard signs from your O2 supplier.

...but these seem nicer.

Z fibriotic NSIP/05

Z 64,

fibriotic NSIP/o5/PA

And “mild”

No, NSIP was not

Potter,

reader,carousel lover and MomMom to

Darah

and Sara

“I’m gonna be

iron like a lion in Zion” Bob Marley

Kennelly wrote:

K

Illinois

Zion <ljz741verizon (DOT) net> wrote:

Mayleen, Thanks for this

sight...the sign is much better than the

cardboard sign I got from my O2 provider.

Z

64, fibriotic NSIP/o5/PA

And “mild”

No, NSIP was not

Potter,

reader,carousel lover and MomMom to Darah

and Sara

“I’m

gonna be iron like a lion in Zion” Bob Marley

<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]-->

<!--[if

!supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]-->

dragonflymcs wrote:

To All , Found this site that has a sign that never needs

replaced for "Oxygen in Use" it is a safety sign. Hope it is usefull

!!!

God

Bless !!

dragonflymcs

Mayleen

02/07 ILD / MCS/ Fibro/ RADS/ TMJD/ AR +18

No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG. Version: 8.0.100 / Virus Database: 269.24.0/1462 - Release Date: 5/23/2008 7:20 AM

K

Central Il

Hubby ipf- 2006

As for me and my house, we will serve the

Lord

Checked by AVG. Version: 8.0.100 / Virus Database: 269.24.1/1464 - Release Date: 5/24/2008 8:56 AM

Guest guest

When you are on O2 therapy while you are inhaling more O2, you aren't using all that goes into your lungs so you are exhaling more more O2. As you are exhaling it, it permeates your clothes so that you have a higher saturation of O2 in your clothes than if you weren't on O2. Firen NEEDS O2 to burn and indeed burns more fiercly the more O2 there is around. This is why we need to be careful around sparks.

I wouldn't want anyone to be paranoid about the problem being with the tanks themselves. The tanks are quite safe so long as they aren't too hot, and I'm talking about the sort of heat that comes from an open fire, not from leaving your jet pack next to a radiator for a short time.

Love Ze xxx > To All , Found this site that has a sign that never needs replaced for "Oxygen in Use" it is a safety sign. Hope it is usefull !!!> > > http://www.stopsign sllc.com/> > > God Bless !!> dragonflymcs> Mayleen 02/07 ILD / MCS/ Fibro/ RADS/ TMJD/ AR +18> > > > ________________________________> No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG. Version: 8.0.100 / Virus Database: 269.24.0/1462 - Release Date: 5/23/2008 7:20 AM > > > > K> Central Il> Hubby ipf- 2006> As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord> 14>

Guest guest

K....if there is an electrical outage, O2 users also get priority to get electricity restored.................

Re: your post about Don "talking to us"...

When he asks YOU a question, ask him if you can ask the board....maybe that would ease him into having more contact with us.

Of course he doesn't need or want to be forced into something but a little nudge might help...?

You say he waits for Gwynnie....does he talk with her frequently??? I sure hope so!

, do all YOU can to prevent him from going off prednisone all at once. You know by now that is NOT a good thing to do! When you are at the dr. be sure and ask dr. this question so Don can hear the answer right from the dr. OMG, let's hope it's a dr. who knows what we know here on the board. (through trial and error!).

I relate to Don wanting to go off all meds. He may probably thinking if he isn't on anything that he will feel better. Kinda' like a dog vigorously shaking water off.....

It's a part of the denial games we play with ourselves.

I know you wish Don would do more...like go to church... just keep nicely asking him occasionally but do go yourself! Remember to take care of you too.

Hello to Don for me............

Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

K. You need the sign so warn others of the possibilty of sparks from cigarettes, or sparks causing anexplosion if a fire should occur!!! The fire man need to know that O2 is in the house. Also, Call your local Fire station to make them aware in case of an emergency. You can get cardboard signs from your O2 supplier...but these seem nicer.

No, NSIP was not self-inflicted…I never smoked!

and Sara

<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]--> Kennelly wrote:

Mayleen, Thanks for this sight...the sign is much better than the cardboard sign I got from my O2 provider.

and Sara

<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]-->dragonflymcs wrote:

To All , Found this site that has a sign that never needs replaced for "Oxygen in Use" it is a safety sign. Hope it is usefull !!!

God Bless !!

dragonflymcs

K

Central Il

Hubby ipf- 2006

Checked by AVG. Version: 8.0.100 / Virus Database: 269.24.1/1464 - Release Date: 5/24/2008 8:56 AM

Guest guest

I was told that it was in case a neighboring house had a fire, the fire dept would know right away that the hazard was there.

Probably would be good if our own house was ablaze....duh!

Hugs, Joyce D.Pulmonary Fibrosis 1997 Bronchiectasis 2004 Pulmonary Hypertension 2008 Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, RA, Sjogren's, etc) Rejected for Transplant 2006 .....I will not forget you. Behold, I have engraved you on the palm of my hands. Isaiah 49: 15-16 To All , Found this site that has a sign that never needs replaced for "Oxygen in Use" it is a safety sign. Hope it is usefull !!!> > > http://www.stopsignsllc.com/> > > God Bless !!> dragonflymcs> Mayleen 02/07 ILD / MCS/ Fibro/ RADS/ TMJD/ AR +18> > > > > > > ---------------------------------> No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG. Version: 8.0.100 / Virus Database: 269.24.0/1462 - Release Date: 5/23/2008 7:20 AM > > > > > > > K> Central Il> Hubby ipf- 2006> As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord> 14>

Guest guest

I will keep nudging him and on Thursdays chats. I did not know that O2 users have priority when it comes to outages. Do I post a sign on the meter? That probably wouldn't be helpful - ? Dr. believes decreasing 5mg at a time. After reading all the posts, we called the pharmacist and asked if we could cut the pill in half. The doc became impatient with me when I said "I read on the internet message board that is too fast". He said "I've done this for 40 years." Don and I talked about it and he agreed that he would do as I've learned here. I think the pcp doc would give us a script for 1mg pills. He feels like he has the flu most of the time and we don't want to make that worse. No he doesnt' talk to Gwynne but he asks me what I've heard from her. Yes, he thinks that if he goes back to no meds

he will feel better. I think that you are right, it is his form of denial. Church is the one place I will go without him. Other wise I stay pretty close. Tuesday I have to go to school and clean out my room. I have no idea how long that will take.!.! Thanks Sher. K IllinoisSher Bauman wrote: K....if there is an electrical outage, O2 users also

get priority to get electricity restored................. Re: your post about Don "talking to us"... When he asks YOU a question, ask him if you can ask the board....maybe that would ease him into having more contact with us. Of course he doesn't need or want to be forced into something but a little nudge might help...? You say he waits for Gwynnie....does he talk with her frequently??? I sure hope so! , do all YOU can to prevent him from going off prednisone all at once. You know by now that is NOT a good thing to do! When you are at the dr. be sure and ask dr. this question so Don can hear the answer right from the dr. OMG, let's hope it's a dr. who knows what we know here on the board. (through trial and

error!). I relate to Don wanting to go off all meds. He may probably thinking if he isn't on anything that he will feel better. Kinda' like a dog vigorously shaking water off..... It's a part of the denial games we play with ourselves. I know you wish Don would do more...like go to church... just keep nicely asking him occasionally but do go yourself! Remember to take care of you too. Hello to Don for me............ Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there! Re: Signs to Post "Oxygen in Use"" K. You need the sign so warn others of the possibilty of sparks from cigarettes, or sparks causing anexplosion if a fire should occur!!! The fire man need to know that O2 is in the house. Also, Call your local Fire station to make them aware in case of an emergency. You can get cardboard signs from your O2 supplier...but these seem nicer. Z 64, fibriotic NSIP/o5/PA And “mild” PH/10/07 and Reynaud’s too!! No, NSIP was not self-inflicted…I never smoked! Potter, reader,carousel lover and MomMom to Darah and Sara “I’m gonna be iron like a lion in Zion” Bob Marley <!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]--> <!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]--> Kennelly wrote: Why do we need a sign? I'm naive I know. KIllinois Zion <ljz741verizon (DOT) net> wrote: Mayleen, Thanks for this sight...the sign is much better than the cardboard sign I got from my O2 provider. Z 64, fibriotic NSIP/o5/PA And “mild” PH/10/07 and Reynaud’s too!! No, NSIP was not self-inflicted…I never smoked! Potter, reader,carousel lover and MomMom to Darah and Sara “I’m gonna be iron like a lion in Zion” Bob Marley <!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]--> <!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]-->dragonflymcs wrote: To All , Found this site that has a sign that never needs replaced for "Oxygen in Use" it is a safety sign. Hope it is usefull !!! http://www.stopsignsllc.com/ God Bless !! dragonflymcs Mayleen 02/07 ILD / MCS/ Fibro/ RADS/ TMJD/ AR +18 No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG. Version: 8.0.100 / Virus Database: 269.24.0/1462 - Release Date: 5/23/2008 7:20 AM K Central Il Hubby ipf- 2006 As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord 14 No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG. Version: 8.0.100 / Virus

Database: 269.24.1/1464 - Release Date: 5/24/2008 8:56 AM K Central Il Hubby ipf- 2006 As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord 14

Guest guest

K....here, we simply call our electric company and inform them....

You are not the first one here to get something "strange" from your pcp. (40 yrs). Coming down slow and easy off prednisone surely won't hurt Don....stopping cold turkey will! If something you try doesn't work for Don then you two can always try something else. I know no one here would give you information they are not sure of.

Take care of both of you.

Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

K. You need the sign so warn others of the possibilty of sparks from cigarettes, or sparks causing anexplosion if a fire should occur!!! The fire man need to know that O2 is in the house. Also, Call your local Fire station to make them aware in case of an emergency. You can get cardboard signs from your O2 supplier...but these seem nicer.

and Sara

<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]--> Kennelly wrote:

and Sara

<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]-->dragonflymcs wrote:

God Bless !!

dragonflymcs

K

Central Il

Hubby ipf- 2006

No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG. Version: 8.0.100 / Virus

Database: 269.24.1/1464 - Release Date: 5/24/2008 8:56 AM

K

Central Il

Hubby ipf- 2006

Guest guest

About 4 years ago we had a tornado pass through. We were without power for 4 days. Every day they would tell us "today"....so I survived using E tanks. Was only on 2-3L or therabouts. Anyway, we were the last house on the last road to get power restored. And, yes, I am on the high priority list.

Hugs, Joyce D.Pulmonary Fibrosis 1997 Bronchiectasis 2004 Pulmonary Hypertension 2008 Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, RA, Sjogren's, etc) Rejected for Transplant 2006 .....I will not forget you. Behold, I have engraved you on the palm of my hands. Isaiah 49: 15-16 To All , Found this site that has a sign that never needs replaced for "Oxygen in Use" it is a safety sign. Hope it is usefull !!!> > > http://www.stopsignsllc.com/> > > God Bless !!> dragonflymcs> Mayleen 02/07 ILD / MCS/ Fibro/ RADS/ TMJD/ AR +18> > > > > > > ---------------------------------> No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG. Version: 8.0.100 / Virus Database: 269.24.0/1462 - Release Date: 5/23/2008 7:20 AM > > > > > > K> Central Il> Hubby ipf- 2006> As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord> 14> > > > > ---------------------------------> No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG. Version: 8.0.100 / Virus Database: 269.24.1/1464 - Release Date: 5/24/2008 8:56 AM > > > > > > > > K> Central Il> Hubby ipf- 2006> As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord> 14>