RemedySpot.com

Re: prednisone discussion

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi Jan....guess we haven't "met" but I'm glad to read you are ok on 5L. It's wonderful you are here now 6 years post dx! God Bless you.

AND...you've lost the weight you gained. Yahoo for you again.

Keep on keepin' on!

MamaSher, age 69.IPF 3-06,NSIP 4-08. OR.Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

prednisone discussion

Hey everyone, Jan here, been awhile! Lot's of new names here...I've been away from the board helping other PF patients, myself and playing with "g" children! My numbers continue to drop...Dlco is at 5...but I am ok on 5L O2. It's been six years now....and they said I'd be gone after 1 1/2 to 2 years....only God knows when our last day is to be, so live and find fun and peace where you may. Prednisone is definitely a drug we all love to hate. The only thing that it did for me was help with some of the inflammation, however, it did not help my PF. Having said that there are two members of the support group I am in for PF, whose disease was seemingly caught in its' early stages and the drug has helped them tremendously and they have had no progression at all in over two years now.The big thing I've found about Prednisone is that I never knew when I was really sick with something new until I couldn't explain my constant "low grade" temp and cough etc. anymore and I developed RA while on it too. Any temperature over 99 degrees is major while taking Pred.....even if my temperature registered at 99 I was supposed to call my doctor because Pred inhibits it. I loved the drug because it made me feel better and once or twice while on it I got so much done around the house...most of the time though I had no energy and didn't get anything done except gain weight. I did watch salt intake while I was using Prednisone, fats, etc., most of the time it helped, the last time I was on it watching my diet didn't help at all. I've been off Pred for three years now, because I refuse to take it anymore and I just finished losing the weight I gained. I think with all the multiple dx's most of us have, our doctors are the best judge for what is right for each of us then we have to make up our mind if we agree :) It did affect my immune system in a big way though.> > > > > > > > > I have a question for you Peggy.? Didn't you tell me that you are not on prednisone?? I vaguely remember that there are a few that have refused it.> > > > ?> > > > > K> > Central Il> > Hubby ipf- 2006> > As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord> > 14> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > K> > Central Il> > Hubby ipf- 2006> > As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord> > 14> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > ____________________________________________________________> Meet the new AOL.ca. Free radio, music, videos, news & entertainment ? with a Canadian perspective.>