RemedySpot.com

Re: Do your dr's compare you to other patients?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Irene, My doctor ( the pulmonologist) is

very open to discussion.

We email back and forth if I have concerns in between visits.

He has never compared me to other patients and my family doctor is the

same way.

I guess I'm fortunate in that way.

I hope you are feeling stronger and that your pain is less.

Please rest this week-end and take care of You.

Z fibriotic NSIP/05

Z 64,

fibriotic NSIP/o5/PA

And “mild”

PH/10/07 and Reynaud’s too!!

No, NSIP was not

self-inflicted…I never smoked!

Potter,

reader,carousel lover and MomMom to

Darah

and Sara

“I’m gonna be

iron like a lion in Zion” Bob Marley

Irene wrote:

Hi All,

I have a question....I know it will sound weird, that I've been

wanting to ask for a long time now...and I know

everyone reacts to pain, meds etc...differently

With all the different diseases that we are faced with whether it's PF,

NSIP, Lupus, Raynaud's Disease, RA etc....do your

dr's compare you to other patients and tell you "Well other patients

with the same disease as you don't experience what

you are experiencing or don't have as much pain as you do......

and your symptoms don't correlate with the amount or extent of your

disease....

1- Does it make you feel bad about it? and just wanting to crawl into

a hole?

2- Whether your dr's are having a bad day, on your appointment day, do

they take the frustrations out on you, like it's your

fault?

3- What about keeping your dr's updated on how you are doing? Does it

frustrate them? or you just wait to see them and

and update them, even though you know you are getting worse?

Irene

PF 03/07 Raynaud's Disease 09/07

Crohn's Disease 03/95

Meet the new AOL.ca.

Free radio, music, videos, news & entertainment – with a Canadian

perspective.

No virus found in this incoming message.

Checked by AVG. Version: 8.0.100 / Virus Database: 269.24.4/1474 - Release Date: 5/30/2008 7:44 AM

Guest guest

Don's doc is not that way, but then guys are different. I want to know it all and Don is content knowing the minimum. Z you are lucky because I have never had a doc email me. K Zion wrote: Irene, My doctor ( the pulmonologist) is very open to discussion.We email back and forth if I have concerns in between visits.He has never compared me to other patients and my family doctor is the same way.I guess I'm

fortunate in that way.I hope you are feeling stronger and that your pain is less.Please rest this week-end and take care of You. Z 64, fibriotic NSIP/o5/PA And “mild” PH/10/07 and Reynaud’s too!! No, NSIP was not self-inflicted…I never smoked! Potter, reader,carousel lover and MomMom to Darah and Sara “I’m gonna be iron like a lion in Zion” Bob Marley <!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]--> <!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]-->Irene wrote: Hi All,I have a question....I know it will sound weird, that I've been wanting to ask for a long time now...and I know everyone reacts to pain, meds etc...differentlyWith all the different diseases that we are faced with whether it's PF, NSIP, Lupus, Raynaud's Disease, RA etc....do yourdr's compare you to other patients and tell you "Well other patients with the same disease as you don't experience whatyou are experiencing or don't have as much pain as you

do......and your symptoms don't correlate with the amount or extent of your disease....1- Does it make you feel bad about it? and just wanting to crawl into a hole?2- Whether your dr's are having a bad day, on your appointment day, do they take the frustrations out on you, like it's yourfault?3- What about keeping your dr's updated on how you are doing? Does it frustrate them? or you just wait to see them andand update them, even though you know you are getting worse?IrenePF 03/07 Raynaud's Disease 09/07Crohn's Disease 03/95 Meet the new AOL.ca. Free radio, music, videos, news & entertainment – with a Canadian perspective. No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG. Version:

8.0.100 / Virus Database: 269.24.4/1474 - Release Date: 5/30/2008 7:44 AM K Central Il Hubby ipf- 2006 As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord 14

Guest guest

One or two of my doc's are like that....My lung dr isn't like that...he treats his patients with dignity and respect.

Doesn't yell at them.

Irene

---- Original Message ----

To: Breathe-Support

Sent: Fri, 30 May 2008 6:55 pm

Subject: Re: Do your dr's compare you to other patients?

Don's doc is not that way, but then guys are different. I want to know it all and Don is content knowing the minimum. Z you are lucky because I have never had a doc email me.

K

Zion <ljz741verizon (DOT) net> wrote:

Irene, My doctor ( the pulmonologist) is very open to discussion.

We email back and forth if I have concerns in between visits.

He has never compared me to other patients and my family doctor is the same way.

I guess I'm fortunate in that way.

I hope you are feeling stronger and that your pain is less.

Please rest this week-end and take care of You.

Z 64, fibriotic NSIP/o5/PA

And “mild†PH/10/07 and Reynaud’s too!!

No, NSIP was not self-inflicted…I never smoked!

Potter, reader,carousel lover and MomMom to Darah

and Sara

“I’m gonna be iron like a lion in Zion†Bob Marley

<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]-->

<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]-->

Irene wrote:

Hi All,

I have a question....I know it will sound weird, that I've been wanting to ask for a long time now...and I know

With all the different diseases that we are faced with whether it's PF, NSIP, Lupus, Raynaud's Disease, RA etc....do your

dr's compare you to other patients and tell you "Well other patients with the same disease as you don't experience what

and your symptoms don't correlate with the amount or extent of your disease....

1- Does it make you feel bad about it? and just wanting to crawl into a hole?

2- Whether your dr's are having a bad day, on your appointment day, do they take the frustrations out on you, like it's your

fault?

3- What about keeping your dr's updated on how you are doing? Does it frustrate them? or you just wait to see them and

Irene

Crohn's Disease 03/95

Meet the new AOL.ca. Free radio, music, videos, news & entertainment – with a Canadian perspective.

No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG. Version:

8.0.100 / Virus Database: 269.24.4/1474 - Release Date: 5/30/2008 7:44 AM

K

Central Il

Hubby ipf- 2006

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord

Meet the new AOL.ca. Free radio, music, videos, news & entertainment – with a Canadian perspective.

Guest guest

No, my doctors never do any of this. Why on earth do yours? It's like

you don't have enough to deal with for yourself!!!

Hope you have a better weekend....Joy

>

> Hi All,

>

> I have a question....I know it will sound weird,?that I've been

> everyone reacts to pain, meds etc...differently

>

> With all the different diseases that we are faced with whether it's

PF, NSIP,?Lupus, Raynaud's Disease, RA etc....do your

> dr's compare you to other patients and tell you " Well other patients

> you are experiencing or don't have as much pain as you do......

>

> and your symptoms don't correlate with the amount or extent of your

disease....

>

> 1- Does it?make you feel bad about it? and just wanting to crawl into

a?hole?

>

> 2- Whether your dr's are having a bad day, on your appointment day, do

> fault?

>

> 3- What about keeping your dr's updated on how you are doing? Does it

> and update them, even though you know you are getting worse?

>

> Irene

> PF 03/07 Raynaud's Disease 09/07

> Crohn's Disease 03/95?

>

>

>

> Meet the new AOL.ca. Free radio, music, videos, news & entertainment ?

with a Canadian perspective.

>

Guest guest

thanks Joy

i don't know why....

i'm planning on resting as much as possible this weekend...my Raynaud's Disease is beginning to act up..

Irene

Sent: Fri, 30 May 2008 8:18 pm

No, my doctors never do any of this. Why on earth do yours? It's like

you don't have enough to deal with for yourself!!!

Hope you have a better weekend....Joy

>

> Hi All,

>

> I have a question....I know it will sound weird,?that I've been

> everyone reacts to pain, meds etc...differently

>

> With all the different diseases that we are faced with whether it's

PF, NSIP,?Lupus, Raynaud's Disease, RA etc....do your

> dr's compare you to other patients and tell you "Well other patients

> you are experiencing or don't have as much pain as you do......

>

> and your symptoms don't correlate with the amount or extent of your

disease....

>

> 1- Does it?make you feel bad about it? and just wanting to crawl into

a?hole?

>

> 2- Whether your dr's are having a bad day, on your appointment day, do

> fault?

>

> 3- What about keeping your dr's updated on how you are doing? Does it

> and update them, even though you know you are getting worse?

>

> Irene

> PF 03/07 Raynaud's Disease 09/07

> Crohn's Disease 03/95?

>

>

>

> Meet the new AOL.ca. Free radio, music, videos, news & entertainment ?

with a Canadian perspective.

>

Guest guest

Irene, As far as pain, everyone's threshold is different. He should not compare you to some else. Maybe he should be looking harder.

God Bless !!

dragonflymcs

Mayleen 02/07 ILD / MCS/ Fibro/ RADS/ TMJD/ IRD +14

< Click on me !!

Do your dr's compare you to other patients?

Hi All,I have a question.... I know it will sound weird, that I've been wanting to ask for a long time now...and I know everyone reacts to pain, meds etc...differentlyWith all the different diseases that we are faced with whether it's PF, NSIP, Lupus, Raynaud's Disease, RA etc....do yourdr's compare you to other patients and tell you "Well other patients with the same disease as you don't experience whatyou are experiencing or don't have as much pain as you do......and your symptoms don't correlate with the amount or extent of your disease....1- Does it make you feel bad about it? and just wanting to crawl into a hole?2- Whether your dr's are having a bad day, on your appointment day, do they take the frustrations out on you, like it's yourfault?3- What about keeping your dr's updated on how you are doing? Does it frustrate them? or you just wait to see them

andand update them, even though you know you are getting worse?IrenePF 03/07 Raynaud's Disease 09/07Crohn's Disease 03/95

Guest guest

thanks Mayleen....

Irene

Sent: Fri, 30 May 2008 9:54 pm

Irene, As far as pain, everyone's threshold is different. He should not compare you to some else. Maybe he should be looking harder.

God Bless !!

dragonflymcs

Mayleen 02/07 ILD / MCS/ Fibro/ RADS/ TMJD/ IRD +14

< Click on me !!

Do your dr's compare you to other patients?

Hi All,

I have a question.... I know it will sound weird, that I've been wanting to ask for a long time now...and I know

With all the different diseases that we are faced with whether it's PF, NSIP, Lupus, Raynaud's Disease, RA etc....do your

dr's compare you to other patients and tell you "Well other patients with the same disease as you don't experience what

and your symptoms don't correlate with the amount or extent of your disease....

1- Does it make you feel bad about it? and just wanting to crawl into a hole?

2- Whether your dr's are having a bad day, on your appointment day, do they take the frustrations out on you, like it's your

fault?

3- What about keeping your dr's updated on how you are doing? Does it frustrate them? or you just wait to see them and

Irene

Crohn's Disease 03/95

Guest guest

Hi Irene,

I can't recall ever being directly compared to any other patient. I think the most my docs have said is 'that's not a usual reaction' rather than 'my other patients do this'. Mind you, I think I'm the only patient that my docs see with both Dermatomyositis and advanced pulmonary fibrosis (along with all the other associated problems) together, so maybe I'm incomparable!

I would NOT tolerate a doctor taking a bad mood out on me. That is completely unprofessional.

If I thought I was getting worse my consultants would expect me to contact them, although I would probably go through my GP first as it might be easily dealt with.

It sounds like you get a really raw deal. I believe we have the same kind of health care in our countries, so it's not as a result of a national health system, is there any formal complaints proceedure as I simply wouldn't tolerate some of the ways you've been treated.

Hope you're OK

Love Ze xx>> Hi All,> > I have a question....I know it will sound weird,?that I've been wanting to ask for a long time now...and I know > everyone reacts to pain, meds etc...differently> > With all the different diseases that we are faced with whether it's PF, NSIP,?Lupus, Raynaud's Disease, RA etc....do your> dr's compare you to other patients and tell you "Well other patients with the same disease as you don't experience what> you are experiencing or don't have as much pain as you do......> > and your symptoms don't correlate with the amount or extent of your disease....> > 1- Does it?make you feel bad about it? and just wanting to crawl into a?hole?> > 2- Whether your dr's are having a bad day, on your appointment day, do they take the frustrations out on you, like it's your> fault?> > 3- What about keeping your dr's updated on how you are doing? Does it frustrate them? or you just wait to see them and> and update them, even though you know you are getting worse?> > Irene> PF 03/07 Raynaud's Disease 09/07> Crohn's Disease 03/95?> > > ________________________________________________________________________> Meet the new AOL.ca. Free radio, music, videos, news & entertainment ? with a Canadian perspective.>

Guest guest

Irene, you have a doctor that SHOUTS at you How DARE he I'd be doing my best to get him struck off. The chances are if he's unprofessional with you then he's unprofessional with others.

Love Ze xx > > > Hi All,> > I have a question....I know it will sound weird, that I've been wanting to ask for a long time now...and I know > everyone reacts to pain, meds etc...differently> > With all the different diseases that we are faced with whether it's PF, NSIP, Lupus, Raynaud's Disease, RA etc....do your> dr's compare you to other patients and tell you "Well other patients with the same disease as you don't experience what> you are experiencing or don't have as much pain as you do......> > and your symptoms don't correlate with the amount or extent of your disease....> > 1- Does it make you feel bad about it? and just wanting to crawl into a hole?> > 2- Whether your dr's are having a bad day, on your appointment day, do they take the frustrations out on you, like it's your> fault?> > 3- What about keeping your dr's updated on how you are doing? Does it frustrate them? or you just wait to see them and> and update them, even though you know you are getting worse?> > Irene> PF 03/07 Raynaud's Disease 09/07> Crohn's Disease 03/95 > > > > Meet the new AOL.ca. Free radio, music, videos, news & entertainment â€" with a Canadian perspective.> > > > No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG. Version:> 8.0.100 / Virus Database: 269.24.4/1474 - Release Date: 5/30/2008 7:44 AM > > > > > > > > > > > K> > Central Il> > Hubby ipf- 2006> > As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord> > 14> > > > > > ________________________________________________________________________> Meet the new AOL.ca. Free radio, music, videos, news & entertainment â€" with a Canadian perspective.>