RemedySpot.com

Re: New Guy JACK

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Jack,

Thank you for your kind words. I am sure you will bring alot to the group. My sister lives in NC she is in Cameron near Fort Bragg.

God Bless !!

dragonflymcs

Mayleen 02/07 ILD / MCS/ Fibro/ RADS/ TMJD/ AR +18

New Guy on the Ward

Hello to all you wonderful members of Breath Support. I have been reading your postings for several months, getting to know you and taking in all the knowledge and wisdom you have collectively. I know most of you fairly well now, forming a visual image of you and imagining the sound of your voice from your postings. Each person's post is unique and each voice is distinct.

My name is Jack Marshall. I was diagnosed with IPF in June 2005. A recent biopsy changed that to UIP, although I haven't been able to determine the difference, if any. My condition appears to be fairly stable. My only problems are the eternal cough and a continuously runny nose. My o2 readings remain in the 96 - 98 range. So far, I have no limitations on my activities except mountain climbing.

Personal notes: I am 79, although I have no idea how I got there. I work full time managing my busines with the support of a wonderful and devoted staff, one of whom is a former nurse. In addition to the business I am a playwright and author.

Before the year ends, I will have disposed of my properties here in Maine and will relocate to Pittsboro, NC, 20 minutes from Duke University and Dr. on. I hope to participate in some of their trials and receive some of their expert medical advise.

When I read of your trials and tribulations, which are so much greater than mine, I feel helpless and wish I could give you some solace. At the same time I doubt my worthiness to be member of this group but hope you will accept me anyway.

Jack

IPF 6/05 UIP 5/08