P,

I too chart my PFT results in excel to

keep abreast of how I’m doing. I’ve been having a PFT about

every 12 weeks with the pirfenidone clinical trial. I used the chart in

my presentation at Beth Israel earlier this month. My numbers have

improved slightly. As you can see the PFTs do not always measure TLC (the

in-the-box test). I dropped 35 pounds (244 to 209) between Oct 06 and Mar

07. I had a glitch with my VATS biopsy when the stapler misfired and the

surgeon had to stitch my lung up by hand through the three VATs openings.

I continue to have some minor pain from the biopsy (which I am told is not

unusual). I should discover if I’m on the real pirfenidone or a

placebo this October. I will enter the open label study at that point and

get the real stuff. Although my PFTs don’t show it I do get short

of breath more easily but I still feel I have a reasonable degree of

stamina. I was doing an hour a day on the treadmill to lose the weight

but have cut back to around 40 min 4-5 days a week. I walk between 3.4 and

3.8 MPH at elevation of up to 8%. I use oxygen but only when exercising

at 2-3 lpm either continuous or pulse. I was very fortunate to have been

diagnosed early and I’m very hopeful that the pirfenidone works to delay the

early progress of the disease.

Ken Baker UIP/IPF 12/05

Guest guest

Ken... are you the one who knows computers fairly well? I have a question if so..........thanks.

MamaSher, age 69.IPF 3-06,NSIP 4-08. OR.Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

RE: PFT/ P

P,

I too chart my PFT results in excel to keep abreast of how I’m doing. I’ve been having a PFT about every 12 weeks with the pirfenidone clinical trial. I used the chart in my presentation at Beth Israel earlier this month. My numbers have improved slightly. As you can see the PFTs do not always measure TLC (the in-the-box test). I dropped 35 pounds (244 to 209) between Oct 06 and Mar 07. I had a glitch with my VATS biopsy when the stapler misfired and the surgeon had to stitch my lung up by hand through the three VATs openings. I continue to have some minor pain from the biopsy (which I am told is not unusual). I should discover if I’m on the real pirfenidone or a placebo this October. I will enter the open label study at that point and get the real stuff. Although my PFTs don’t show it I do get short of breath more easily but I still feel I have a reasonable degree of stamina. I was doing an hour a day on the treadmill to lose the weight but have cut back to around 40 min 4-5 days a week. I walk between 3.4 and 3.8 MPH at elevation of up to 8%. I use oxygen but only when exercising at 2-3 lpm either continuous or pulse. I was very fortunate to have been diagnosed early and I’m very hopeful that the pirfenidone works to delay the early progress of the disease.

Ken Baker UIP/IPF 12/05

Guest guest

Ken, could you send us a bigger version of that? I really would like to be able to do that. I have MS Office so think I could. What is on the graphs? K IllinoisSher Bauman wrote: Ken... are you the one who knows computers fairly well? I have a question if so..........thanks. MamaSher, age 69.IPF 3-06,NSIP 4-08. OR.Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already

there! RE: PFT/ P P, I too chart my PFT results in excel to keep abreast of how I’m doing. I’ve been having a PFT about every 12 weeks with the pirfenidone clinical trial. I used the chart in my presentation at Beth Israel earlier this month. My numbers have improved slightly. As you can see the PFTs do not always measure TLC (the in-the-box test). I dropped 35 pounds (244 to 209) between Oct 06 and Mar 07. I had a glitch with my VATS biopsy when the stapler misfired and the surgeon had to stitch my lung up by hand through the three VATs openings. I continue to have some minor pain from the biopsy (which I am told is not unusual). I should discover if I’m on the real pirfenidone or a placebo this October. I will enter the open label study at that point and get the real stuff. Although my PFTs don’t show it I do get short of breath more easily but I still feel I have a reasonable degree of stamina. I was doing an hour a

day on the treadmill to lose the weight but have cut back to around 40 min 4-5 days a week. I walk between 3.4 and 3.8 MPH at elevation of up to 8%. I use oxygen but only when exercising at 2-3 lpm either continuous or pulse. I was very fortunate to have been diagnosed early and I’m very hopeful that the pirfenidone works to delay the early progress of the disease. Ken Baker UIP/IPF 12/05 K Central Il Hubby ipf- 2006 As

for me and my house, we will serve the Lord 14