RemedySpot.com

Re: Women's Elisa

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I as you know am new to this. I am just going back to the Dr. Hopefully. Still trying to save our lives first and foremost. While I battle city officials who blame me for the condition of the home. I pray you find much here in way of support and knowledge. This is helping me realize things I need to bring up in my visit as well. Things I had noticed that could be from one or the other. However I can bring light to them knowing others have these symptoms as well. It is very helpful to hear from others, listen to and grieve with. I pray you find all your are looking for, and pray that your road is light. I have not posted much lately as I deal with the city and their unwavering, relentless acts of cruelty.

God Bless !!

dragonflymcs

Mayleen 02/07 ILD / MCS/ Fibro/ RADS/ TMJD/ IRD +14

< Click on me !!

Re: Women's Interaction With Doctors

Dear , Alana, and other newbies like me,

I am only a little over a month from being diagnosed so I am no expert at anything, for sure. I am totally wrapped up in trying to deal with doctors, emotions, pain, prednisone,depressi on, etc., but I have learned that your treatment does very much depend on having the right doctor and knowing how to behave in his/her presence. I've never been to so many doctors in my life as recently. I know it will be a fact of life from now on.

I have started asking for copies of all labs. I have a sheet with questions, main concerns, side effects, that I have narrowed down as to not muddy the waters. I am newly diagnosed and so this may be a novelty, but it helps to have another person there to listen to all the answers carefully. I have brought my husband, and told him he can't do anything to have me appear like the "child" who can't speak for themselves. He is there to help me hear all of the info that I have to digest as well as moral support. There have been studies done about doctors(females too) showing a difference in treatment of women. Women typically don't ask many questions. I also read something that said that many doctors interpret women to have emotional issues. I want the most aggressive treatment possible, and to make the most use of my time with that doctor. I am going to ask every question possible and prepare for each visit like it's

HUGE, because it is! We wait weeks/months for these appts. and must get all we can out of them. I have already changed from original pulmonologist because he was horrible in many ways. I'll be driving the 50 miles to UT Southwestern in Dallas on June 17th to have a qualified doctor finally give me a treatment plan and some real answers.

I'm teaching until June 5th, but will continue to read the beautiful wisdom from these pages from Sher, Joyce, Beth, Geeta, and so many others. New people Mayleen, Alana, Jack, ... ....thanks for asking questions we all want to know. The curse about this is the disease, but the real blessing is to find that there are people so willing to reach out and help us daily with such compassion.

(PF, Sjogren's, Raynaud's 4/08)

Mansfield,TX

Guest guest

Thanks, Mayleen! I have read just about every link you've posted to find out more about the toxins involved in our everyday living. Knowledge is power..... and I'm sort of on overload right now. I need to find a way to relax a little. I think an anxiety drug is in my immediate future. do think of you and the odds you're up against. Hang in there, girl, and I will too!

(PF, Sjogren's,Raynaud's 4/08)

Subject: Re: Women's To: Breathe-Support Date: Friday, May 30, 2008, 1:49 PM

I as you know am new to this. I am just going back to the Dr. Hopefully. Still trying to save our lives first and foremost. While I battle city officials who blame me for the condition of the home. I pray you find much here in way of support and knowledge. This is helping me realize things I need to bring up in my visit as well. Things I had noticed that could be from one or the other. However I can bring light to them knowing others have these symptoms as well. It is very helpful to hear from others, listen to and grieve with. I pray you find all your are looking for, and pray that your road is light. I have not posted much lately as I deal with the city and their unwavering, relentless acts of cruelty.

God Bless !!

dragonflymcs

< Click on me !!

I am only a little over a month from being diagnosed so I am no expert at anything, for sure. I am totally wrapped up in trying to deal with doctors, emotions, pain, prednisone,depressi on, etc., but I have learned that your treatment does very much depend on having the right doctor and knowing how to behave in his/her presence. I've never been to so many doctors in my life as recently. I know it will be a fact of life from now on.

I have started asking for copies of all labs. I have a sheet with questions, main concerns, side effects, that I have narrowed down as to not muddy the waters. I am newly diagnosed and so this may be a novelty, but it helps to have another person there to listen to all the answers carefully. I have brought my husband, and told him he can't do anything to have me appear like the "child" who can't speak for themselves. He is there to help me hear all of the info that I have to digest as well as moral support. There have been studies done about doctors(females too) showing a difference in treatment of women. Women typically don't ask many questions. I also read something that said that many doctors interpret women to have emotional issues. I want the most aggressive treatment possible, and to make the most use of my time with that doctor. I am going to ask every question possible and prepare for each visit like it's

HUGE, because it is! We wait weeks/months for these appts. and must get all we can out of them. I have already changed from original pulmonologist because he was horrible in many ways. I'll be driving the 50 miles to UT Southwestern in Dallas on June 17th to have a qualified doctor finally give me a treatment plan and some real answers.

I'm teaching until June 5th, but will continue to read the beautiful wisdom from these pages from Sher, Joyce, Beth, Geeta, and so many others. New people Mayleen, Alana, Jack, ... ....thanks for asking questions we all want to know. The curse about this is the disease, but the real blessing is to find that there are people so willing to reach out and help us daily with such compassion.

Mansfield,TX

Guest guest

, Thank you that was sweet of you. If you come across the little magic piil take one for me too !! In the sense of "Cheers" I'm hanging !!! Think of you too !!!!

Feeling overwhelmed is natural, take a day at a time, when you feel yourself becoming overwhelmed stop and smell the roses, life's little pleasures, talk to friend you have not in a while, go for a walk if you can, do something that for at least a moment will take you away. I write to vent. Not here however. I have a space, where I vent. I try to make my venting productive, that is me. You will find your way. One day at a time!

God Bless !!

dragonflymcs

< Click on me !!

Mansfield,TX