RemedySpot.com

hello

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Yeah I'm doing that now thanks. My family is all for ir except my mother

she wanted me to get a band but I choose differnt

> Why don't you make a list & write down what you wanted to ask?Maybe

> you could call them or stop by & ask the questions you forgot.

>

> My family was all against this surgery until I had it & now I am doing

> fine & losing weight so they have no problems with it.

>

> Kim

> RNY 6/23/06

> 298/261/135

>

>

>>

>> I feel like kicken my self when I went to my first doctors

> consultation

>> I froze up didn't ask the things I should of I got shy I didn't say

>> much. =( well we decided wich surgery I was gonna do and I have to

> do 3

>> more test the psyc and a ultra sound and I need to get a medical

>> clearence from my primary doctor its weird I kinda feel alone on

> this my

>> familys with me but in a way they are not sorry I just needed to

> talk

>> lol thanks for listening everyone!

>>

>

>

Guest guest

don't feel bad, just write down your questions and

bring them next time or call and leave a message for

your doctor, You aren't alone,

--- " xxdedexx@... " wrote:

> I feel like kicken my self when I went to my first

> doctors consultation

> I froze up didn't ask the things I should of I got

> shy I didn't say

> much. =( well we decided wich surgery I was gonna

> do and I have to do 3

> more test the psyc and a ultra sound and I need to

> get a medical

> clearence from my primary doctor its weird I kinda

> feel alone on this my

> familys with me but in a way they are not sorry I

> just needed to talk

> lol thanks for listening everyone!

>

Guest guest

don't feel bad, just write down your questions and

bring them next time or call and leave a message for

your doctor, You aren't alone,

--- " xxdedexx@... " wrote:

> I feel like kicken my self when I went to my first

> doctors consultation

> I froze up didn't ask the things I should of I got

> shy I didn't say

> much. =( well we decided wich surgery I was gonna

> do and I have to do 3

> more test the psyc and a ultra sound and I need to

> get a medical

> clearence from my primary doctor its weird I kinda

> feel alone on this my

> familys with me but in a way they are not sorry I

> just needed to talk

> lol thanks for listening everyone!

>

Guest guest

I am so excited for you Racheal. Best Wishes!!! See you in Loserville.

rcb1230 wrote:

Hi all, my modem went out at home the other day so have been off the

computer for a while. Reading the many posts. Hi to the new members and

keep up all the good work for everyone.

My preop Monday was a breeze. Everything looked great and here I am the

night before surgery. Had a decent lunch and am on all liquids until

midnight, nothing after that. Have to be at the hospital by 7:00am, I

am the second surgery of the day. Let me tell you that going to a

hospital which specializes in baiatric surgeries is awesome. The nurses

answered every question and then some.

I am looking forward to my new beginning and feel nothing but happiness

and joy at the coming prospect of a healthier life! Thanks for all the

support I am home and my new modem is delivered.

To answere a couple of currently floating questions- my surgeon uses a

drainage tube on an as needed basis. No catheter- they want me up and

walking about one hour after being delivered to my room, this would be

after surgery and an hour in recovery. My surgeon uses stitches and

only staples if he has too. Anyway- that is all I know for now.

See you all on the losing side!

• 1 year later...

here are the ingredients of Lyrica according to the pfizer web page:

What are the ingredients In LYRICA?

Active ingredient: pregabalin

Inactive ingredients: lactose monohydrate, cornstarch, talc;

Capsule shell: gelatin and titanium dioxide; Orange capsule shell: red

iron oxide; White capsule shell: sodium lauryl sulfate, colloidal

silicon dioxide.

Colloidal silicon dioxide is a manufacturing aid that may or may not be

present in the capsule shells.

Imprinting ink: shellac, black iron oxide, propylene glycol, potassium

hydroxide.

whoa. I did not read that yet. No, there is no codeine in Lyrica?????????

Unless I am crazy and don't remember something. I have read up on it even

though I don't take it.

Debra V.

Lori Hammer wrote:

I was wondering who it was that said there is codiene in Lyrica. Is

that true?

Lori Hammer

• 6 months later...
Guest guest

Hi all,

i have reading but not posting .We in India are 23 hrs

ahead so when i get the posts all the responses have

been made and what I wish to say has already been said

by someone or the other.

A warm welcome to allthe newbies though we would

rather not have you for the reasons you have sought us

,you will soon discover that it s agreat support group

where you get alot of information ,alot more love and

support.

I would like to tell that i too was a teacher,

teaching math to 9th and 10th graders, teaching is a

great passion with me but i had to give it up after

my disease made it impossible.

I was diagnosed with PF(could be NSIP)in 1995 and have

been mainly treated with Prednisone so you can see how

long we can live with this disease , like some here,

iam for prednisone it has helped me a lot though I too

went through all the sideeffects described on this

group board, I have sevre osteoporosis with low BMD i

took a parathyroid treatment , injections for 18

months which helped bone formation since then the

fractures are under control.

I had hiatal hernia and 2 surgeries and i have

cataract , i got one eye done and have to go in for

the second.I have been on o2 since oct2005 2lit at

rest and 4to5lit on exertion i find walking climbing

stairs, bathing and eating very tough.I have coughed

all the time and this under control since the time

time I have been on 02 24/7.

I do get infections frequently and take LivoFox for

it.in the earlier stages it used to be pneumonia. I h

ave great family support. we live in Mumbai.

Zena,

I hope you are feeling better, more comfortable about

moving?

jane ,your post was not very cheerful ,I pray you get

more strength and feel less lonely, we all love you.

Gwyenne,

I hope you are doing fine , making progres in leaps

and bounds ,You are an example inyour positive

attitude and sheer courage.

Kathy,

hope you are feeling better.

Irene,

we missed when you were in the hospital and were

anxious about you , finally there is good news from

you and you got the help and treatment you desrved

since along time, get well soon and try to put on some

wt.

Joyce,

right since i read about your skin problem i have

felt anguish for you, there seems to be no end to your

trials and tribulations your courage and fortitude

seems to be challenged each time but shall always be

the winner.I hope you get relief this week , may be

the Flolan will be reduced.All the best for you.

Sher,

I feel a strong urge to see you and meet you sometime

, you are so kind and helpful and wise.

How is Casey?our prayers are with her and all your

family , You take care.

K,

sad to hear the Don is depressed, do you think he will

be happy mowing the lawn or some such activity which

could cheer him?

warm regards to each one of of you

Geeta

Guest guest

Geeta, Thank you so much for your reply and uplifting words. Since I am in the first month since being told I have lung scarring (dr. never even said pulmonary fibrosis, but CT report did), I am very overwhelmed. I did get another pulmonologist appt. at UT Southwestern in Dallas for June 17th. This place is a teaching hospital and well known. I now have until June 6th to teach. I am very supported by my administrators and coworkers. Reading posts here have both depressed me and encouraged me. I feel very self-centered and know that I am heavily into a grief process. Hopefully one day soon I can cheer up a bit, but right now with prednisone and overload from other sources, I am in all-out survival mode. I can't possibly read all posts and answer all. There are people here that do answer, and they are doing a great service to new people like me. The wisdom and caring comes through so clearly with their well-chosen words. Thank

you so much for sharing your story, Geeta! I always wanted to go to India and have been facinated since college with the literature and philosophies of that part of the world. Take care! Geeta Vasudev wrote: Hi all,i have reading but not posting .We in India are 23 hrsahead so when i get the posts all the responses havebeen made and what I wish to say has already been saidby someone or the other.A warm welcome to allthe newbies though we wouldrather not

have you for the reasons you have sought us,you will soon discover that it s agreat support groupwhere you get alot of information ,alot more love andsupport.I would like to tell that i too was a teacher,teaching math to 9th and 10th graders, teaching is agreat passion with me but i had to give it up aftermy disease made it impossible.I was diagnosed with PF(could be NSIP)in 1995 and havebeen mainly treated with Prednisone so you can see howlong we can live with this disease , like some here,iam for prednisone it has helped me a lot though I toowent through all the sideeffects described on thisgroup board, I have sevre osteoporosis with low BMD itook a parathyroid treatment , injections for 18months which helped bone formation since then thefractures are under control.I had hiatal hernia and 2 surgeries and i havecataract , i got one eye done and have to go in forthe second.I have been on o2

since oct2005 2lit atrest and 4to5lit on exertion i find walking climbingstairs, bathing and eating very tough.I have coughedall the time and this under control since the timetime I have been on 02 24/7.I do get infections frequently and take LivoFox forit.in the earlier stages it used to be pneumonia. I have great family support. we live in Mumbai.Zena,I hope you are feeling better, more comfortable aboutmoving?jane ,your post was not very cheerful ,I pray you getmore strength and feel less lonely, we all love you.Gwyenne,I hope you are doing fine , making progres in leapsand bounds ,You are an example inyour positiveattitude and sheer courage.Kathy,hope you are feeling better.Irene, we missed when you were in the hospital and wereanxious about you , finally there is good news fromyou and you got the help and treatment you desrvedsince along time, get well soon and try

to put on somewt.Joyce,right since i read about your skin problem i havefelt anguish for you, there seems to be no end to yourtrials and tribulations your courage and fortitudeseems to be challenged each time but shall always bethe winner.I hope you get relief this week , may bethe Flolan will be reduced.All the best for you.Sher,I feel a strong urge to see you and meet you sometime, you are so kind and helpful and wise.,How is Casey?our prayers are with her and all yourfamily , You take care.K,sad to hear the Don is depressed, do you think he willbe happy mowing the lawn or some such activity whichcould cheer him?warm regards to each one of of youGeeta

Guest guest

and Newbies,  I am not to sure if I have posted to you or not but I want to tell you and ALL the newbies to remember you are NOT going to die today or tomorrow from this monster. We still have good lives to live and must live them while we can. You will settle into a more sedate life as time goes by. We have all been where you are and understand the grieving you are doing. I to grieve at times. I can honestly tell you I am honestly happy and the fear just isn't an issue in my everyday life.When something I love to do is no longer doable THAT is when I get myself into a funk. But I know who has control of this situation and that is where my heart is.Please take care of you and know you are thought of and prayed for. A few starter tips for y'all ,Get yourself an oximeter it is sooo important.get a shower chair. (will become your friend quickly) don't use HOT water, the less steam the better.turn your 02 up that you can be comfortable in the shower. Your 02 tube can go over the top of the door or whateverA long handle back brush. yunmmyHave a big terry robe to slip on, step out onto a towelthen you only have to worry about drying your hair.For those already on 02 be sure you have your "tool kit"I use a small make up bag, extra batteries, rubber washersconnector, and a key. I have keys everywhere. Be sure your tool kit is where ever you are when you leave home.Have a card with your 02 companies phone # on it also. .Always have back up tanks with you. For the ones that are not on 02 try to remember all this is for DOWN the road.I have probably bored y'all scilly () so for now Know you are not alone and we are all here for you.Welcome to our Air Family. Peggy, ipf 6/04 Florida  ♡Happy moments, praise God.Difficult moments, seek God.Quiet moments, worship God.Painful moments, trust God.Every moment, thank God. Geeta,Thank you so much for your reply and uplifting words. Since I am in the first month since being told I have lung scarring (dr. never even said pulmonary fibrosis, but CT report did), I am very overwhelmed. I did get another pulmonologist appt. at UT Southwestern in Dallas for June 17th. This place is a teaching hospital and well known. I now have until June 6th to teach. I am very supported by my administrators and coworkers. Reading posts here have both depressed me and encouraged me. I feel very self-centered and know that I am heavily into a grief process. Hopefully one day soon I can cheer up a bit, but right now with prednisone and overload from other sources, I am in all-out survival mode. I can't possibly read all posts and answer all.  There are people here that do answer, and they are doing a great service to new people like me. The wisdom and caring comes through so clearly with their well-chosen words.  Thank you so much for sharing your story, Geeta!  I always wanted to go to India and have been facinated since college with the literature and philosophies of that part of the world.Take care!Geeta Vasudev <gita1_v> wrote:Hi all,i have reading but not posting .We in India are 23 hrsahead so when i get the posts all the responses havebeen made and what I wish to say has already been saidby someone or the other.A warm welcome to allthe newbies though we wouldrather not have you for the reasons you have sought us,you will soon discover that it s agreat support groupwhere you get alot of information ,alot more love andsupport.I would like to tell that i too was a teacher,teaching math to 9th and 10th graders, teaching is agreat passion with me but i had to give it up aftermy disease made it impossible.I was diagnosed with PF(could be NSIP)in 1995 and havebeen mainly treated with Prednisone so you can see howlong we can live with this disease , like some here,iam for prednisone it has helped me a lot though I toowent through all the sideeffects described on thisgroup board, I have sevre osteoporosis with low BMD itook a parathyroid treatment , injections for 18months which helped bone formation since then thefractures are under control.I had hiatal hernia and 2 surgeries and i havecataract , i got one eye done and have to go in forthe second.I have been on o2 since oct2005 2lit atrest and 4to5lit on exertion i find walking climbingstairs, bathing and eating very tough.I have coughedall the time and this under control since the timetime I have been on 02 24/7.I do get infections frequently and take LivoFox forit.in the earlier stages it used to be pneumonia. I have great family support. we live in Mumbai.Zena,I hope you are feeling better, more comfortable aboutmoving?jane ,your post was not very cheerful ,I pray you getmore strength and feel less lonely, we all love you.Gwyenne,I hope you are doing fine , making progres in leapsand bounds ,You are an example inyour positiveattitude and sheer courage.Kathy,hope you are feeling better.Irene, we missed when you were in the hospital and wereanxious about you , finally there is good news fromyou and you got the help and treatment you desrvedsince along time, get well soon and try to put on somewt.Joyce,right since i read about your skin problem i havefelt anguish for you, there seems to be no end to yourtrials and tribulations your courage and fortitudeseems to be challenged each time but shall always bethe winner.I hope you get relief this week , may bethe Flolan will be reduced.All the best for you.Sher,I feel a strong urge to see you and meet you sometime, you are so kind and helpful and wise.,How is Casey?our prayers are with her and all yourfamily , You take care.K,sad to hear the Don is depressed, do you think he willbe happy mowing the lawn or some such activity whichcould cheer him?warm regards to each one of of youGeeta

Guest guest

Hey Peggy...good reminders! I made ANOTHER note to carry the bag w/goodies in it. Thanks.

Luv ya

Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Re: hello

and Newbies, I am not to sure if I have posted to you or not but I want to tell you and ALL the newbies to remember you are NOT going to die today or tomorrow from this monster. We still have good lives to live and must live them while we can. You will settle into a more sedate life as time goes by. We have all been where you are and understand the grieving you are doing. I to grieve at times. I can honestly tell you I am honestly happy and the fear just isn't an issue in my everyday life.

When something I love to do is no longer doable THAT is when I get myself into a funk. But I know who has control of this situation and that is where my heart is.

Please take care of you and know you are thought of and prayed for.

A few starter tips for y'all ,

Get yourself an oximeter it is sooo important.

get a shower chair. (will become your friend quickly)

don't use HOT water, the less steam the better.

turn your 02 up that you can be comfortable in the shower.

Your 02 tube can go over the top of the door or whatever

A long handle back brush. yunmmy

Have a big terry robe to slip on, step out onto a towel

then you only have to worry about drying your hair.

For those already on 02 be sure you have your "tool kit"

I use a small make up bag, extra batteries, rubber washers

connector, and a key. I have keys everywhere.

Be sure your tool kit is where ever you are when you leave home.

Have a card with your 02 companies phone # on it also. .

Always have back up tanks with you.

For the ones that are not on 02 try to remember all this is for DOWN the road.

I have probably bored y'all scilly () so for now Know you are not alone and we are all here for you.

Welcome to our Air Family.

Peggy, ipf 6/04 Florida ♡

Happy moments, praise God.Difficult moments, seek God.Quiet moments, worship God.Painful moments, trust God.Every moment, thank God.

Geeta,

Thank you so much for your reply and uplifting words. Since I am in the first month since being told I have lung scarring (dr. never even said pulmonary fibrosis, but CT report did), I am very overwhelmed. I did get another pulmonologist appt. at UT Southwestern in Dallas for June 17th. This place is a teaching hospital and well known. I now have until June 6th to teach. I am very supported by my administrators and coworkers.

Reading posts here have both depressed me and encouraged me. I feel very self-centered and know that I am heavily into a grief process. Hopefully one day soon I can cheer up a bit, but right now with prednisone and overload from other sources, I am in all-out survival mode. I can't possibly read all posts and answer all. There are people here that do answer, and they are doing a great service to new people like me. The wisdom and caring comes through so clearly with their well-chosen words. Thank you so much for sharing your story, Geeta! I always wanted to go to India and have been facinated since college with the literature and philosophies of that part of the world.

Take care!

Geeta Vasudev <gita1_v> wrote:

Hi all,i have reading but not posting .We in India are 23 hrsahead so when i get the posts all the responses havebeen made and what I wish to say has already been saidby someone or the other.A warm welcome to allthe newbies though we wouldrather not have you for the reasons you have sought us,you will soon discover that it s agreat support groupwhere you get alot of information ,alot more love andsupport.I would like to tell that i too was a teacher,teaching math to 9th and 10th graders, teaching is agreat passion with me but i had to give it up aftermy disease made it impossible.I was diagnosed with PF(could be NSIP)in 1995 and havebeen mainly treated with Prednisone so you can see howlong we can live with this disease , like some here,iam for prednisone it has helped me a lot though I toowent through all the sideeffects described on thisgroup board, I have sevre osteoporosis with low BMD itook a parathyroid treatment , injections for 18months which helped bone formation since then thefractures are under control.I had hiatal hernia and 2 surgeries and i havecataract , i got one eye done and have to go in forthe second.I have been on o2 since oct2005 2lit atrest and 4to5lit on exertion i find walking climbingstairs, bathing and eating very tough.I have coughedall the time and this under control since the timetime I have been on 02 24/7.I do get infections frequently and take LivoFox forit.in the earlier stages it used to be pneumonia. I have great family support. we live in Mumbai.Zena,I hope you are feeling better, more comfortable aboutmoving?jane ,your post was not very cheerful ,I pray you getmore strength and feel less lonely, we all love you.Gwyenne,I hope you are doing fine , making progres in leapsand bounds ,You are an example inyour positiveattitude and sheer courage.Kathy,hope you are feeling better.Irene, we missed when you were in the hospital and wereanxious about you , finally there is good news fromyou and you got the help and treatment you desrvedsince along time, get well soon and try to put on somewt.Joyce,right since i read about your skin problem i havefelt anguish for you, there seems to be no end to yourtrials and tribulations your courage and fortitudeseems to be challenged each time but shall always bethe winner.I hope you get relief this week , may bethe Flolan will be reduced.All the best for you.Sher,I feel a strong urge to see you and meet you sometime, you are so kind and helpful and wise.,How is Casey?our prayers are with her and all yourfamily , You take care.K,sad to hear the Don is depressed, do you think he willbe happy mowing the lawn or some such activity whichcould cheer him?warm regards to each one of of youGeeta

Guest guest

Gita...your kindness brings tears to my eyes. Thank you for such sweet words. I am reminded those on the board ARE my family and when I receive the little 'I-care-about-you' it's a warm hug. Sometimes when I reread my posts to others I think they are a little too out spoken...I'm about as subtle as a brick wall. heheheeee

I wish I could meet you too! I go to the board frequently and look at pictures. The wedding pictures you posted are so beautiful.

Are you still planning on a trip to the States?

A big MamaSher hug to you Gita.

Mama-Sher, age 69.IPF 3/06, NSIP 4/08 OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

hello

Hi all,i have reading but not posting .We in India are 23 hrsahead so when i get the posts all the responses havebeen made and what I wish to say has already been saidby someone or the other.A warm welcome to allthe newbies though we wouldrather not have you for the reasons you have sought us,you will soon discover that it s agreat support groupwhere you get alot of information ,alot more love andsupport.I would like to tell that i too was a teacher,teaching math to 9th and 10th graders, teaching is agreat passion with me but i had to give it up aftermy disease made it impossible.I was diagnosed with PF(could be NSIP)in 1995 and havebeen mainly treated with Prednisone so you can see howlong we can live with this disease , like some here,iam for prednisone it has helped me a lot though I toowent through all the sideeffects described on thisgroup board, I have sevre osteoporosis with low BMD itook a parathyroid treatment , injections for 18months which helped bone formation since then thefractures are under control.I had hiatal hernia and 2 surgeries and i havecataract , i got one eye done and have to go in forthe second.I have been on o2 since oct2005 2lit atrest and 4to5lit on exertion i find walking climbingstairs, bathing and eating very tough.I have coughedall the time and this under control since the timetime I have been on 02 24/7.I do get infections frequently and take LivoFox forit.in the earlier stages it used to be pneumonia. I have great family support. we live in Mumbai.Zena,I hope you are feeling better, more comfortable aboutmoving?jane ,your post was not very cheerful ,I pray you getmore strength and feel less lonely, we all love you.Gwyenne,I hope you are doing fine , making progres in leapsand bounds ,You are an example inyour positiveattitude and sheer courage.Kathy,hope you are feeling better.Irene, we missed when you were in the hospital and wereanxious about you , finally there is good news fromyou and you got the help and treatment you desrvedsince along time, get well soon and try to put on somewt.Joyce,right since i read about your skin problem i havefelt anguish for you, there seems to be no end to yourtrials and tribulations your courage and fortitudeseems to be challenged each time but shall always bethe winner.I hope you get relief this week , may bethe Flolan will be reduced.All the best for you.Sher,I feel a strong urge to see you and meet you sometime, you are so kind and helpful and wise.,How is Casey?our prayers are with her and all yourfamily , You take care.K,sad to hear the Don is depressed, do you think he willbe happy mowing the lawn or some such activity whichcould cheer him?warm regards to each one of of youGeeta