RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: [Breathe-Support Peggy

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I was on prednisone for a year. gained 70 pounds in 8 weeks. Sweet tooth I'm sure. Haven't lost it yet.Haven't stopped the cakes and anything else. When I made the decision not to try for a transplant I just thought I might as well be fat & happy.  I have a good life and would nor go on prednisone again.. It does not help IPF what so ever. Peggy, ipf 6/04 Florida  Happy moments, praise God.Difficult moments, seek God.Quiet moments, worship God.Painful moments, trust God.Every moment, thank God. I have a question for you Peggy.  Didn't you tell me that you are not on prednisone?  I vaguely remember that there are a few that have refused it.  KCentral IlHubby ipf- 2006As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord 14

Guest guest

But does it help the the sjourn auto immune? I really butchered that spelling. K IllinoisPeggy wrote: I was on prednisone for a year. gained 70 pounds in 8 weeks. Sweet tooth I'm sure. Haven't lost it yet. Haven't stopped the cakes and anything else. When I made the decision not to try for a transplant I just thought I might as well be fat & happy. I have a good life and would nor go on prednisone again.. It does

not help IPF what so ever. Peggy, ipf 6/04 Florida

Happy moments, praise God.Difficult moments, seek God.Quiet moments, worship God.Painful moments, trust God.Every moment, thank God. I have a question for you Peggy. Didn't you tell me that you are not on prednisone? I vaguely remember that there are a few that have refused it. K Central Il Hubby ipf- 2006 As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord 14 K Central Il Hubby ipf- 2006 As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord 14

Guest guest

Just my 2 cents on prednisone. I began taking prenisone and Immuran 2 weeks ago after vowing that I never would. The Pulmo could not see how I would last much more than 6 months as I was rapidly deteriorating. My DLCO was down to 28. When he suggested the drugs as a last effort, I jumped at the chance. It has been only 2 weeks but the difference in my breathing is remarkable. I can function just fine on 4 lpm instead of 8 or 10. This may be a temporary reprieve but I am encouraged. Aside from the havoc with my blood sugar, the side effects are manageable. I have actually lost a couple of pounds instead of gaining. I have my fingers crossed. Diane IPF June 07New Brunswick, Canada

Re: [breathe-Support Peggy

Prednisone does little to suppress the immune system. Not enough to combat a disease like Sjogren's or Lupus. An immunosuppressant like Imuran or Cellcept is much more successful. Prednisone carries so many side effects, sometimes does more harm than good. But, I take it when the docs say take it. Whatever it takes to stay alive, I will do.

Hugs, Joyce D.Pulmonary Fibrosis 1997 Bronchiectasis 2004 Pulmonary Hypertension 2008 Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, RA, Sjogren's, etc) Rejected for Transplant 2006 .....I will not forget you. Behold, I have engraved you on the palm of my hands. Isaiah 49: 15-16> > > > I have a question for you Peggy. Didn't you tell me that you are not on prednisone? I vaguely remember that there are a few that have refused it.> > > > > > > K> Central Il> Hubby ipf- 2006> As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord> 14> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > K> Central Il> Hubby ipf- 2006> As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord> 14>

Instant message from any web browser! Try the new Yahoo! Canada Messenger for the Web BETA

Guest guest

Diane....that is dire news to be given 6 months! That had to have been a jolt. Whatever you take I hope you get results.

God Bless

MamaSher, age 69.IPF 3-06,NSIP 4-08. OR.Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Prednisone does little to suppress the immune system. Not enough to combat a disease like Sjogren's or Lupus. An immunosuppressant like Imuran or Cellcept is much more successful. Prednisone carries so many side effects, sometimes does more harm than good. But, I take it when the docs say take it. Whatever it takes to stay alive, I will do.

Hugs, Joyce D.Pulmonary Fibrosis 1997 Bronchiectasis 2004 Pulmonary Hypertension 2008 Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, RA, Sjogren's, etc) Rejected for Transplant 2006 .....I will not forget you. Behold, I have engraved you on the palm of my hands. Isaiah 49: 15-16> > > > I have a question for you Peggy. Didn't you tell me that you are not on prednisone? I vaguely remember that there are a few that have refused it.> > > > > > > K> Central Il> Hubby ipf- 2006> As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord> 14> > > > > > > > > > > > > > K> Central Il> Hubby ipf- 2006> As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord> 14>

Instant message from any web browser! Try the new Yahoo! Canada Messenger for the Web BETA

Guest guest

It was a very difficult time but we all know there are no guarantees. I just hope this phase I am in now continues.

Diane IPF June 07New Brunswick, Canada

Hugs, Joyce D.Pulmonary Fibrosis 1997 Bronchiectasis 2004 Pulmonary Hypertension 2008 Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, RA, Sjogren's, etc) Rejected for Transplant 2006 .....I will not forget you. Behold, I have engraved you on the palm of my hands. Isaiah 49: 15-16> > > > I have a question for you Peggy. Didn't you tell me that you are not on prednisone? I vaguely remember that there are a few that have refused it.> > > > > > > K> Central Il> Hubby ipf- 2006> As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord> 14> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > K> Central Il> Hubby ipf- 2006> As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord> 14>

Looking for the perfect gift? Give the gift of Flickr!

Guest guest

Diane,

I'm happy to hear that so far you are getting encouraging results from the pred and immuran. I hope that things continue this way and you remain more stable.

As you and I have discussed before "never" is a very long time isn't it? Especially when one is confronted with immanent deterioration and death, choosing things we didn't think we would in an effort to stay alive is somehow easier!

You are in my thoughts and prayers!

Beth

Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06

Change everything. Love and Forgive

Guest guest

Thank you, Beth for your thoughts and prayers. I know it is early times but perhaps I will catch a break. I have a new grandson due in a couple of months and I sure don't plan on going anywhere until I get to see his first step, word, day of school and all the wonderful things that little boys come with. Diane IPF June 07New Brunswick, Canada

Be smarter than spam. See how smart SpamGuard is at giving junk email the boot with the All-new Yahoo! Mail

Guest guest

Peggy, I was given steroids back around 1994, I used to weigh in at 110, featherweight ha ha. Then that stuff gave me 85 pounds. it was a pain treatment then. made everything worse, Had a bad back and then had 85 pounds more to carry around. I do not recall what it was called however it was later explained (not before) that it would remain in my system for 5 years. I could not lose the weight if I wanted. Was a bigger eater before them and had no weight issues, after was a nightmare. It took me years to loose the weight. Apparently those once in your system just do not go away that easy.

God Bless !!

dragonflymcs

Mayleen 02/07 ILD / MCS/ Fibro/ RADS/ TMJD/ IRD +14

< Click on me !!

Re: Re: [breathe-Support Peggy

I was on prednisone for a year. gained 70 pounds in 8 weeks. Sweet tooth I'm sure. Haven't lost it yet. Haven't stopped the cakes and anything else. When I made the decision not to try for a transplant I just thought I might as well be fat & happy. I have a good life and would nor go on prednisone again..

It does not help IPF what so ever.

Peggy, ipf 6/04 Florida

Happy moments, praise God.Difficult moments, seek God.Quiet moments, worship God.Painful moments, trust God.Every moment, thank God.

I have a question for you Peggy. Didn't you tell me that you are not on prednisone? I vaguely remember that there are a few that have refused it.

K

Central Il

Hubby ipf- 2006

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord

Guest guest

Joyce, what do you mean when you say "Not enough to combat a disease like Sjogrens? Can you take Cellcept with out taking the prednisone........Now that I think about it, I think I remember someone else saying they were just on the Immuran. I can't remember who! Hummmm! Thanks for that. I told Don today that with all I've learned on the board that I will understand what ever he wants to do with the prednisone. He is the sick one here. Thanks dear, I appreciate that. K Joyce wrote: , Prednisone does little to suppress the immune system. Not enough to combat a disease like Sjogren's or Lupus. An immunosuppressant like Imuran or Cellcept is much more successful. Prednisone carries so many side effects, sometimes does more harm than good. But, I take it when the docs say take it. Whatever it takes to stay alive, I will do. Hugs, Joyce D.Pulmonary Fibrosis 1997 Bronchiectasis 2004 Pulmonary Hypertension 2008 Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, RA, Sjogren's, etc) Rejected for Transplant 2006 .....I will not forget you. Behold, I

have engraved you on the palm of my hands. Isaiah 49: 15-16> > > > I have a question for you Peggy. Didn't you tell me that you are not on prednisone? I vaguely remember that there are a few that have refused it.> > > > > > > K> Central Il> Hubby ipf- 2006> As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord> 14> > > > > > > > > > > > > > K> Central Il> Hubby ipf- 2006> As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord> 14> K Central Il Hubby ipf- 2006 As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord 14