RemedySpot.com

Re: Fwd: The Latest from NPR Blogs: My Cancer

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Jim, I couldn't open this. Kjames wallman wrote: I get a daily blog from Leroy. He has been battling cancer for years now. He's a writer by profession and sometimes comes off with some beauties. I liked this one because it conveys, I believe, the progression that many of us experience. With all the new folks here I feel their fear and uncertainty. I think most of us can identify with that. And yet, now, years later, the fear has diminished, it's been easier to "get on

with our lives". I have had friends say to me......"I should not complain to you"......and I agree with Leroy. jim IPF 05 alaskaNote: forwarded message attached. Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 08:16:16 -0500 (CDT)To: james_wallman@...Subject: The Latest from NPR Blogs: My Cancer The Latest from NPR Blogs: My Cancer More Than My Disease Posted: 29 May 2008 08:01 AM CDT When I was first diagnosed, I think it's fair to say that my friends and loved ones were as scared, as disoriented, and as freaked out as I was. The world had changed. I had become something different. A cancer patient. A lot of time has passed since then. That frenzy, the panic, has pretty much gone away. I have been changed in profound ways. But in some ways I think I've returned to my old self, at least a tiny bit. I wonder how my friends are doing with all this. Have things gone back to normal, at least a little? When we talk, even if we don't mention the cancer, are they still thinking about it? Do they ever forget? I hope so, for their sake and for mine. I was talking to one of my best friends the other day and several times he said, "I shouldn't complain to you." Nonsense. Of

course he should. That's why I'm here. That's why I'm his friend. And I try not to talk just about my cancer. I am more than my disease. Plus, I don't want to be boring. Yes, I have terminal cancer. It's trying to kill me. I'm trying to stop it from doing that. Most days that seems to be enough to say about cancer. The world is full of far more interesting things. -- Leroy Sievers » E-Mail This » Add to Del.icio.us You are subscribed to email updates from NPR Blogs: My Cancer To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now. Email Delivery powered by FeedBurner Inbox too full?

Subscribe to the feed version of NPR Blogs: My Cancer in a feed reader. If you prefer to unsubscribe via postal mail, write to: NPR Blogs: My Cancer, c/o FeedBurner, 20 W Kinzie, 9th Floor, Chicago IL USA 60610 K Central Il Hubby ipf- 2006 As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord 14