RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Newly Elisa Remodel

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

, When remodeling remember it is not just dust. There are many things in a project that have VOC's that can irritate your lungs long after the remodeling is over. They are volatile organic compounds found in common building materials. take into consideration your condition and protect yourself. Educate yourself about those problems that linger. Be safe !!

God Bless !!

dragonflymcs

Mayleen 02/07 ILD / MCS/ Fibro/ RADS/ TMJD/ IRD +14

< Click on me !!

Re: Newly DiagnosedTo: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. comDate: Friday, May 30, 2008, 6:35 PM

Elissa,

So glad you decided to land here. We welcome you. I am so sorry that at 41 you find yourself with such a diagnosis. Have you had consults, evaluations, biopsy, etc. to confirm the diagnosis? Have you been diagnosed with PF secondary to an autoimmune disorder or IPF. Either way, I always say a duck is a duck. But, you can't number your days nor ask God to do so for you. Each day is a gift.

There is nothing cuter in this world than a 9 year old boy. Until I had grandsons, I didn't know that. So enjoy him, use up every day! Your friend's death is so tragic. When I was in the hospital recovering from my biopsy, my husband's coworker's wife died. I had known she was sick, but we weren't friends, so I didn't know of what. She died of Pulmonary Fibrosis. She was 50 with a new grandchild. Then I got the same diagnosis. Had not even heard the name of it before. But, it scared me to death. I came home from the hospital to wait to die. I was 52. A couple of different friends came to yell at me and get me moving again. That was 11 years ago.

No need to try and guestimate or wait. Just live, trust God, love that boy. Other things will work themselves out. If it is an option for you, go to rehab. A real eye opener.

Again, welcome.

Hugs, Joyce D.Pulmonary Fibrosis 1997 Bronchiectasis 2004 Pulmonary Hypertension 2008 Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, RA, Sjogren's, etc) Rejected for Transplant 2006 .....I will not forget you. Behold, I have engraved you on the palm of my hands. Isaiah 49: 15-16>> Hello Everyone!> > My name is Elissa (like no M). I have recenly been diagnosed > with PF. I guess I am still in the shock and comprehend stage. I am > 41 years old with a 9 year old son. I have been reading through the > messages and gained strength from all of you. However, I must > confess that I still

am mourning the life I thought I would have and > preparing for this new course. I guess that's the main reason I'm > here. To find out what that course is going to be and how to prepare > for it. Awhile after I found out I have this disease, a friend the > same age died unexpectedly. Today I went to her funeral and watched > her nine year old play with mine. It put things in perspective a > bit. I have to feel some appreciation that I get the time to prepare > my family for the inevitable. On the other hand nobody knows how > much time they have and there is no truer statement than to live > everyday as if it's your last. The funny thing is, I finally > realized that about 7 months ago and decided to change my life. > After years of trying to get ahead and building 2 businesses with my > husband, I decided it's time to enjoy my son and family. Almost >

immediately I got sick and never recovered. I kept telling everyone, > this is the year I get my life back. I hope this doesn't ring too > much of negativity, but I just find it ironic. I do feel there will > be many positive things to come from this situation. My family and > friends have really shown their support and love. That is such an > amazing feeling. But I must admit handling people has been a > challenge for me. I am a realist and when people say, "Oh, you'll be > fine." it is annoying to me. If anybody has any suggestions on how > to convey the situation it would be helpful. Oh, and I don't have > medical insurance. I've been paying cash to all these appointments, > x-rays, tests and the CT scan. Honestly, I still paid less than > many people pay in monthly insurance payments. My Doctor warned me > that is about to change and am scrambling to obtain

insurance. I've > had Asthma since I was a child and numerous bouts with pneumonia and > bronchitis. I always joked with everyone that my lungs would kill > me. Well I hope my ramblings are not inappropriate and I do feel > better to get it off my chest. I was recently asked if I was angry > about the situation. Definately not. I believe the Lord has a plan > for me and I am scrambling to figure it out. I just want to get > through this with dignity and grace. Be a good example of a life > well lived. I know many of you are just that and I look forward to > getting to know you better. I have many questions, but another > time. Thanks for the space.> > Elissa> Age 41, PF

5/08>

Guest guest

That's a very good point. I will definately look into that. Appreciate it.

Elissa

Age 41, PF 5/08

From: Joyce <janne5303yahoo (DOT) com>Subject: Re: Newly DiagnosedTo: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. comDate: Friday, May 30, 2008, 6:35 PM

Elissa,

So glad you decided to land here. We welcome you. I am so sorry that at 41 you find yourself with such a diagnosis. Have you had consults, evaluations, biopsy, etc. to confirm the diagnosis? Have you been diagnosed with PF secondary to an autoimmune disorder or IPF. Either way, I always say a duck is a duck. But, you can't number your days nor ask God to do so for you. Each day is a gift.

There is nothing cuter in this world than a 9 year old boy. Until I had grandsons, I didn't know that. So enjoy him, use up every day! Your friend's death is so tragic. When I was in the hospital recovering from my biopsy, my husband's coworker's wife died. I had known she was sick, but we weren't friends, so I didn't know of what. She died of Pulmonary Fibrosis. She was 50 with a new grandchild. Then I got the same diagnosis. Had not even heard the name of it before. But, it scared me to death. I came home from the hospital to wait to die. I was 52. A couple of different friends came to yell at me and get me moving again. That was 11 years ago.

No need to try and guestimate or wait. Just live, trust God, love that boy. Other things will work themselves out. If it is an option for you, go to rehab. A real eye opener.

Again, welcome.

Hugs, Joyce D.Pulmonary Fibrosis 1997 Bronchiectasis 2004 Pulmonary Hypertension 2008 Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, RA, Sjogren's, etc) Rejected for Transplant 2006 .....I will not forget you. Behold, I have engraved you on the palm of my hands. Isaiah 49: 15-16>> Hello Everyone!> > My name is Elissa (like no M). I have recenly been diagnosed > with PF. I guess I am still in the shock and comprehend stage. I am > 41 years old with a 9 year old son. I have been reading through the > messages and gained strength from all of you. However, I must > confess that I still

am mourning the life I thought I would have and > preparing for this new course. I guess that's the main reason I'm > here. To find out what that course is going to be and how to prepare > for it. Awhile after I found out I have this disease, a friend the > same age died unexpectedly. Today I went to her funeral and watched > her nine year old play with mine. It put things in perspective a > bit. I have to feel some appreciation that I get the time to prepare > my family for the inevitable. On the other hand nobody knows how > much time they have and there is no truer statement than to live > everyday as if it's your last. The funny thing is, I finally > realized that about 7 months ago and decided to change my life. > After years of trying to get ahead and building 2 businesses with my > husband, I decided it's time to enjoy my son and family. Almost >

immediately I got sick and never recovered. I kept telling everyone, > this is the year I get my life back. I hope this doesn't ring too > much of negativity, but I just find it ironic. I do feel there will > be many positive things to come from this situation. My family and > friends have really shown their support and love. That is such an > amazing feeling. But I must admit handling people has been a > challenge for me. I am a realist and when people say, "Oh, you'll be > fine." it is annoying to me. If anybody has any suggestions on how > to convey the situation it would be helpful. Oh, and I don't have > medical insurance. I've been paying cash to all these appointments, > x-rays, tests and the CT scan. Honestly, I still paid less than > many people pay in monthly insurance payments. My Doctor warned me > that is about to change and am scrambling to obtain

insurance. I've > had Asthma since I was a child and numerous bouts with pneumonia and > bronchitis. I always joked with everyone that my lungs would kill > me. Well I hope my ramblings are not inappropriate and I do feel > better to get it off my chest. I was recently asked if I was angry > about the situation. Definately not. I believe the Lord has a plan > for me and I am scrambling to figure it out. I just want to get > through this with dignity and grace. Be a good example of a life > well lived. I know many of you are just that and I look forward to > getting to know you better. I have many questions, but another > time. Thanks for the space.> > Elissa> Age 41, PF

5/08>