RemedySpot.com

RFA Marie Drew

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Marie,

I spent a couple of hours looking through Radio Frequency Ablation (RFA) stuff - this is what I found out.

It is in a number of hospitals in Australia - and I suspect any hospital that treats cancer around the world would have it.

It has been used on a number of different cancers, in lots of different body places.

RFA was first approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) December 2000 as a treatment for benign tumours.

It appears to be successful in treating these tumours - they have found that if there is a recurrence it can be treated again. Something we are told - FSR cannot.

The only thing I can't find is - if this treatment has been used on NF2 type tumours, schwannoma (NF2) as apposed to neurofibroma (NF1). These two tumours are quite different in makeup.

Schwannoma left ------------------- Neurofibroma right

As an NF2 example - how would RFA work with Vestibular Schwannoma that has encased the facial nerve - or where a spinal tumour has grown down inside the spinal column - or in the case of a Plexiform neuroma where encases the whole nerve.

The question being ;- would the treatment damage/not-damage the nerve involved.????

So I think it has now come to asking the NNFF medical people if it has been used in the treatment of NF1 or NF2.. Could you use your contacts to find out?????????????