RemedySpot.com

prednisone

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

My .02 cents on prednisone.....it's a feel good medication.....you take it and you feel GREAT! Lots of energy. But it's deceiving because it is destroying your body silently. And the weight gain..... Prednisone, a Corticosteroid, is similar to natural hormone produced by your adrenal glands. Our bodies produce approximately 5 mgs a day and when this amount is medically increased, prednisone suppresses inflammation. Prednisone is also used to help prevent rejection of organ transplants. When weaning off prednisone, be patient. Your adrenal glands have to step up production of cortisol and depending on the

length of time you’re on the drug; this can be a slow process. Don’t ever just stop taking prednisone. One negative side effect of Prednisone is it acts to speed up the aging process. Hardening of the arteries will accelerate, cholesterol is higher, osteoporosis is faster and more severe, blood sugar is higher, cataracts form, skin thins, muscles atrophy and loss of strength. In general, think of any aging effect that you see on any organ and prednisone will accelerate this affect. I've found in my 5 years dealing with this disease that in some cases, it

helps. As Babs was saying, I think if you have other auto-immune issues or if you have NSIP which they say is caused by inflammation, prednisone will help. Please do research on prednisone or any drug your doctor prescribes. Prednisone is a great anti-inflammatory but it does cause stress on your body and you and your doctor have to determine if the side affects are worth it. Leanne uip 1/03 Illinois

Guest guest

whoops

MamaSher, age 69.IPF 3-06,NSIP 4-08. OR.Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Re: prednisone

ThanksLeanne,

I'll read this to Don. He is tending to lean this way.

K

Ps. Have you gotten my check yet?Leanne Storch wrote:

My .02 cents on prednisone.....it's a feel good medication.....you take it and you feel GREAT! Lots of energy. But it's deceiving because it is destroying your body silently. And the weight gain.....

Prednisone, a Corticosteroid, is similar to natural hormone produced

by your adrenal glands. Our bodies produce approximately 5 mgs a

day and when this amount is medically increased, prednisone

suppresses inflammation. Prednisone is also used to help prevent

rejection of organ transplants.

When weaning off prednisone, be patient. Your adrenal glands have to

step up production of cortisol and depending on the length of time

you’re on the drug; this can be a slow process. Don’t ever just stop

taking prednisone.

One negative side effect of Prednisone is it acts to speed up the aging

process. Hardening of the arteries will accelerate, cholesterol is higher,

osteoporosis is faster and more severe, blood sugar is higher, cataracts

form, skin thins, muscles atrophy and loss of strength. In general,

think of any aging effect that you see on any organ and prednisone will

accelerate this affect.

I've found in my 5 years dealing with this disease that in some cases, it helps. As Babs was saying, I think if you have other auto-immune issues or if you have NSIP which they say is caused by inflammation, prednisone will help.

Please do research on prednisone or any drug your doctor prescribes. Prednisone is a great anti-inflammatory but it does cause stress on your body and you and your doctor have to determine if the side affects are worth it.

Leanne uip 1/03 Illinois

K

Central Il

Hubby ipf- 2006

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord