RemedySpot.com

Re: Casey's Progress

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Oh, , yes it's very small steps, but that is good news. I hope she continues to do well

Love Ze xx>> > Casey is thankfully showing a few fleeting glimmers of becoming more> aware of her surroundings. Every flutter of her one open eye is assessed> for meaning...every hand movement wondered about...was that a wave or> just a movement....the really HUGE development yesterday was that 4> physio's managed to get her, largely unconscious, self into a sitting up> position on the side of her bed with her legs dangled over the edge for> about 1 minute! They are experimenting with taking away her assisted> breathing by incremental amounts each day in the hope that she will> breathe for herself soon.> > That's a long way forward from when we were at her bedside last week!> > A long slow haul but at least it IS progress!> > Regards,> > in Oz>

Guest guest

I'm glad for each and every baby step. It sounds like Casey's in good hands. She and your entire family remain in my thoughts and prayers!

Beth

Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06

Change everything. Love and Forgive

Casey's Progress

Casey is thankfully showing a few fleeting glimmers of becoming more aware of her surroundings. Every flutter of her one open eye is assessed for meaning...every hand movement wondered about...was that a wave or just a movement.... the really HUGE development yesterday was that 4 physio's managed to get her, largely unconscious, self into a sitting up position on the side of her bed with her legs dangled over the edge for about 1 minute! They are experimenting with taking away her assisted breathing by incremental amounts each day in the hope that she will breathe for herself soon.

That's a long way forward from when we were at her bedside last week!

A long slow haul but at least it IS progress!

Regards,

in Oz

Guest guest

Hi ,

I'm glad to hear Casey is making progress.

Irene

---- Original Message ----

To: Breathe-Support

Sent: Wed, 28 May 2008 12:12 am

Subject: Casey's Progress

Casey is thankfully showing a few fleeting glimmers of becoming more aware of her surroundings. Every flutter of her one open eye is assessed for meaning...every hand movement wondered about...was that a wave or just a movement....the really HUGE development yesterday was that 4 physio's managed to get her, largely unconscious, self into a sitting up position on the side of her bed with her legs dangled over the edge for about 1 minute! They are experimenting with taking away her assisted breathing by incremental amounts each day in the hope that she will breathe for herself soon.

Regards,

in Oz

Meet the new AOL.ca. Free radio, music, videos, news & entertainment – with a Canadian perspective.

Guest guest

...it is such good news that even the slightest move forward is happening. Thanks for sharing about your Casey!

Hope you are remembering to take good care of you too.

I changed my color to a fresh spring-green. I had forgotten you use green too. Hope you don't mind. Great minds......you know the rest.

God Bless.

MamaSher, age 69.IPF 3-06,NSIP 4-08. OR.Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Casey's Progress

Casey is thankfully showing a few fleeting glimmers of becoming more aware of her surroundings. Every flutter of her one open eye is assessed for meaning...every hand movement wondered about...was that a wave or just a movement....the really HUGE development yesterday was that 4 physio's managed to get her, largely unconscious, self into a sitting up position on the side of her bed with her legs dangled over the edge for about 1 minute! They are experimenting with taking away her assisted breathing by incremental amounts each day in the hope that she will breathe for herself soon.

Regards,

in Oz

Guest guest

my dear. Each little movement is a gift. I've heard about those who are in a coma and yet can sit in a chair. It has to be a small miracle. I guess coming out of them is tough. My love and prayers to you. You were really in my prayers because when I came out of Walmart today the car next to me had OZ on the license plate. I offered a little prayer for Casey. Love ya K IllinoisSher Bauman wrote: ...it is such good news that even the slightest move forward is happening. Thanks for sharing about your Casey! Hope you are remembering to take good care of you too. I changed my color to a fresh spring-green. I had forgotten you use green too. Hope you don't mind. Great minds......you know the rest. God Bless. MamaSher, age 69.IPF 3-06,NSIP 4-08. OR.Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there! Casey's Progress Casey is thankfully showing a few fleeting glimmers of becoming more aware of her surroundings. Every flutter of her one open eye is assessed for meaning...every hand movement wondered about...was that a wave or just a movement....the really HUGE development yesterday was that 4 physio's managed to get her, largely unconscious, self into a sitting up position on the side of her bed with her legs dangled over the edge for about 1 minute! They are experimenting with taking away her assisted breathing by incremental amounts each day in the hope that she will breathe for herself soon. That's a long way forward from when we were at her bedside last week! A long slow haul but at least it IS progress! Regards, in Oz K Central Il Hubby ipf- 2006 As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord 14