RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Elissa--NO DUST

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Elissa,

I think you are getting good advise about staying away from the remodel dust. I, trying to be a good Samaritan, have helped 3 different friends install hardwood floors since my initial dx one year ago,--the last floor (about 4 months ago), just about killed me because of the dust from cutting the boards. I could not stop coughing and it felt like it was comming from the bottom of my lungs, it really hurt. That really seemed to activate what every was going on with my IPF and I REALLY knew that I had a serious problem at that time. I got to the DR. as quick as I could,-- the stick my head in the sand days were over with and I realized how serious my problem is. I still like to go into my work shop and play with different projects, but now I ALWAYS wear a mask that has the replaceable filter canisters on the side it cost about $35.00---but my lungs are worth

it. Needless to say--I have stopped my carpentery, projects which I loved to do.

Glad to hear that you love to go to the ball park with your Left Handed son---that time of your life is priceless and will always be remembered. My youngest son was a 4th round draft pick by the Chicago Cubs in 1990 and if I never do another thing in life again, I will always be happy about those priceless years my wife and I spent in the ball park with our sons. SMILE everyday you see him---because now you understand the value of the moment. Good luck and LETS PLAY BALL!!

G. UIP/IPF 5/07 Az.

Subject: Re: Newly DiagnosedTo: Breathe-Support Date: Saturday, May 31, 2008, 12:05 AM

Elissa,

We have been through a couple of remodelings. The guy that does our work (as recently as two months ago) hangs a tarp over the entrance way to that room. He opens a window and puts in an exhaust fan. He takes all his wood outside to saw it. He works extra hard to keep the dust away from me. So, perhaps you could talk to your person who is doing the work and make him understand how harmful the dust could be to you.

Hugs, Joyce D.Pulmonary Fibrosis 1997 Bronchiectasis 2004 Pulmonary Hypertension 2008 Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, RA, Sjogren's, etc) Rejected for Transplant 2006 .....I will not forget you. Behold, I have engraved you on the palm of my hands. Isaiah 49: 15-16> & gt;> & gt; Hello Everyone!> & gt; > & gt; My name is Elissa (like no M). I have recenly been diagnosed > & gt; with PF. I

guess I am still in the shock and comprehend stage. I am > & gt; 41 years old with a 9 year old son. I have been reading through the > & gt; messages and gained strength from all of you. However, I must > & gt; confess that I still am mourning the life I thought I would have and > & gt; preparing for this new course. I guess that's the main reason I'm > & gt; here. To find out what that course is going to be and how to prepare > & gt; for it. Awhile after I found out I have this disease, a friend the > & gt; same age died unexpectedly. Today I went to her funeral and watched > & gt; her nine year old play with mine. It put things in perspective a > & gt; bit. I have to feel some appreciation that I get the time to prepare > & gt; my family for the inevitable. On the other hand nobody knows how > & gt; much time they have and there is no truer

statement than to live > & gt; everyday as if it's your last. The funny thing is, I finally > & gt; realized that about 7 months ago and decided to change my life. > & gt; After years of trying to get ahead and building 2 businesses with my > & gt; husband, I decided it's time to enjoy my son and family. Almost > & gt; immediately I got sick and never recovered. I kept telling everyone, > & gt; this is the year I get my life back. I hope this doesn't ring too > & gt; much of negativity, but I just find it ironic. I do feel there will > & gt; be many positive things to come from this situation. My family and > & gt; friends have really shown their support and love. That is such an > & gt; amazing feeling. But I must admit handling people has been a > & gt; challenge for me. I am a realist and when people say, "Oh, you'll be > & gt;

fine." it is annoying to me. If anybody has any suggestions on how > & gt; to convey the situation it would be helpful. Oh, and I don't have > & gt; medical insurance. I've been paying cash to all these appointments, > & gt; x-rays, tests and the CT scan. Honestly, I still paid less than > & gt; many people pay in monthly insurance payments. My Doctor warned me > & gt; that is about to change and am scrambling to obtain insurance. I've > & gt; had Asthma since I was a child and numerous bouts with pneumonia and > & gt; bronchitis. I always joked with everyone that my lungs would kill > & gt; me. Well I hope my ramblings are not inappropriate and I do feel > & gt; better to get it off my chest. I was recently asked if I was angry > & gt; about the situation. Definately not. I believe the Lord has a plan > & gt; for me and I am scrambling to

figure it out. I just want to get > & gt; through this with dignity and grace. Be a good example of a life > & gt; well lived. I know many of you are just that and I look forward to > & gt; getting to know you better. I have many questions, but another > & gt; time. Thanks for the space.> & gt; > & gt; Elissa> & gt; Age 41, PF 5/08> & gt;>