RemedySpot.com

K--prednisone discussion

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Forgive me for butting in here again but it's really impossible to take someone elses reasons for not taking prednisone and try to apply them to your own situation. Peggy has IPF and the research that I've seen pretty clearly shows that prednisone does nothing to slow the progress of IPF.

From what you've said my impression is that Don's fibrosis is secondary to some type of autoimmune disease or combination of ai diseases. These are commonly treated with prednisone and other immunosuppressive drugs and that treatment has been shown to slow the progress of lung fibrosis as it slows the progress of the ai disease. There are likely good reasons for Don to be on prednisone and or other drugs to treat what the doctors think he has. Going to U of C is a really good and necessary step. Of course getting Don to do what they suggest may be another battle entirely.

I'm glad that you're finding support and that your boys are helping and supporting you. You have your hands full there girl!

Beth

Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06

Change everything. Love and Forgive

Re: Re: [breathe-Support Peggy

But does it help the the sjourn auto immune?

I really butchered that spelling.

K

IllinoisPeggy <pac1773cfl (DOT) rr.com> wrote:

I was on prednisone for a year. gained 70 pounds in 8 weeks. Sweet tooth I'm sure. Haven't lost it yet. Haven't stopped the cakes and anything else. When I made the decision not to try for a transplant I just thought I might as well be fat & happy. I have a good life and would nor go on prednisone again..

It does not help IPF what so ever.

Peggy, ipf 6/04 Florida

Happy moments, praise God.Difficult moments, seek God.Quiet moments, worship God.Painful moments, trust God.Every moment, thank God.

I have a question for you Peggy. Didn't you tell me that you are not on prednisone? I vaguely remember that there are a few that have refused it.

K

Central Il

Hubby ipf- 2006

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord

K

Central Il

Hubby ipf- 2006

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord