RemedySpot.com

Re: Accumulated challenge spreadsheet

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Maggie -

This looks awesome. I do have one question about those of us that are at goal. Can we set 0 pounds as our weight loss in week 6?

Thanks - Sherrie K

-- Accumulated challenge spreadsheet

Hi!I've just uploaded the sample sheet on our files page. Let me know what youthink of it. It's obviously not done, but I wanted to see what peoplethough of the overall design before I did the whole thing. Still lookingfor weekly challenge ideas... here is what is to come:Week 1 - journalweek 2 - journal and 5 fruits/veggiesweek 3 - journal, fruits/veggies, WATER goal (each person would set theirown water goal)week 4 - journal, fruits/veggies, water, exercise (each person again setsminute goal forexercise)week 5 - journal, fruits/veggies, water, exercise, create/make a new recipeand share it with everyone (this one came fromCaren - Caren did you want them to create a brand new recipe or just try onethey hadn't tried before?)week 6 - journal, fruits/veggies, water, exercise, create/make a new recipeand share it with everyone, lose X pounds (.5, 1, 2 anything you want - youset the goal)If there are more ideas I can add them.As for prizes, I love the idea of little gifts in the mail. How cool isthat!!I'll set up a separate email on my home computer so that when we begin (wecould technically start tomorrow, but my personal goal was to get my buttmoving effective Tuesday. So I felt the following week was good. Plus I'llhave to collect the "stuff" from all of you) I would have you email your"stats" there as well as me pulling from the list. I'd like to do the emailthing to me because you all know how screwy yahoo is some times.Let me know what you think!Huge hugs,Maggie

Guest guest

Maggie, this sounds great. I think the set up of your chart is really easy to understand and very convenient. Thanks for all your hard work.

Accumulated challenge spreadsheetHi!I've just uploaded the sample sheet on our files page. Let me know what youthink of it. It's obviously not done, but I wanted to see what peoplethough of the overall design before I did the whole thing. Still lookingfor weekly challenge ideas... here is what is to come:Week 1 - journalweek 2 - journal and 5 fruits/veggiesweek 3 - journal, fruits/veggies, WATER goal (each person would set theirown water goal)week 4 - journal, fruits/veggies, water, exercise (each person again setsminute goal forexercise)week 5 - journal, fruits/veggies, water, exercise, create/make a new recipeand share it with everyone (this one came fromCaren - Caren did you want them to create a brand new recipe or just try onethey hadn't tried before?)week 6 - journal, fruits/veggies, water, exercise, create/make a new recipeand share it with everyone, lose X pounds (.5, 1, 2 anything you want - youset the goal)If there are more ideas I can add them.As for prizes, I love the idea of little gifts in the mail. How cool isthat!!I'll set up a separate email on my home computer so that when we begin (wecould technically start tomorrow, but my personal goal was to get my buttmoving effective Tuesday. So I felt the following week was good. Plus I'llhave to collect the "stuff" from all of you) I would have you email your"stats" there as well as me pulling from the list. I'd like to do the emailthing to me because you all know how screwy yahoo is some times.Let me know what you think!Huge hugs,Maggie~There are no strangers here... Only friends that haven't met yet~

Guest guest

Sure thing! Just remind me you at at goal when that time comes!! :)

Maggie

> Maggie -

> This looks awesome. I do have one question about those of us

that are

> at goal. Can we set 0 pounds as our weight loss in week 6?

> Thanks - Sherrie K

>

> -- Accumulated challenge spreadsheet

>

> Hi!

>

> I've just uploaded the sample sheet on our files page. Let me know

what you

> think of it. It's obviously not done, but I wanted to see what

people

> though of the overall design before I did the whole thing. Still

looking

> for weekly challenge ideas... here is what is to come:

>

> Week 1 - journal

>

> week 2 - journal and 5 fruits/veggies

>

> week 3 - journal, fruits/veggies, WATER goal (each person would set

their

> own water goal)

>

> week 4 - journal, fruits/veggies, water, exercise (each person

again sets

> minute goal for

> exercise)

>

> week 5 - journal, fruits/veggies, water, exercise, create/make a

new recipe

> and share it with everyone (this one came from

> Caren - Caren did you want them to create a brand new recipe or

just try one

> they hadn't tried before?)

>

> week 6 - journal, fruits/veggies, water, exercise, create/make a

new recipe

> and share it with everyone, lose X pounds (.5, 1, 2 anything you

want - you

> set the goal)

>

> If there are more ideas I can add them.

>

> As for prizes, I love the idea of little gifts in the mail. How

cool is

> that!!

>

> I'll set up a separate email on my home computer so that when we

begin (we

> could technically start tomorrow, but my personal goal was to get

my butt

> moving effective Tuesday. So I felt the following week was good.

Plus I'll

> have to collect the " stuff " from all of you) I would have you email

your

> " stats " there as well as me pulling from the list. I'd like to do

the email

> thing to me because you all know how screwy yahoo is some times.

>

> Let me know what you think!

>

> Huge hugs,

> Maggie

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Hi Maggie - thanks for doing the Challenges - I know that Riza would like to help you moderate this program!!

I would like to see the challenges be separate instead of together and run at the same time. That way people could choose what challenge they wanted to be in... for instance I don't have a problem getting my veggies in every day so that wouldn't be a challenge for me but I do have a problem with water right now so I want to be in a challenge for that. Again, I'm not saying you have to do it this way, it's just my opinion. Here are some challenges I would like to see...

Journal

Water

Exercise

Veggie/Fruit

Weight

New Recipe

New Food

I need to give the girls a bath now but if I think of anymore I'll let you know!!

~~mary@...

Guest guest

Yeah, I was thinking that it should be a challenge for something you are not good in so that you can get better at it. If people are in the challenge just to win prizes and can do it because they entered a challenge for something they are already good in how fair is that?

Of course, being on the net, how is anyone going to know if people are really doing the challenge or if they are just putting down the proper amounts, etc.? LOL For instance, I have a hard time with getting the water in too but I could put down that I drank X number of ounces per day and really only drank 8 ounces. Just Kidding. I wouldn't do that but it could happen.

Weezie

Hi Maggie - thanks for doing the Challenges - I know that Riza would like to help you moderate this program!!

I would like to see the challenges be separate instead of together and run at the same time. That way people could choose what challenge they wanted to be in... for instance I don't have a problem getting my veggies in every day so that wouldn't be a challenge for me but I do have a problem with water right now so I want to be in a challenge for that. Again, I'm not saying you have to do it this way, it's just my opinion. Here are some challenges I would like to see...

Journal

Water

Exercise

Veggie/Fruit

Weight

New Recipe

New Food

I need to give the girls a bath now but if I think of anymore I'll let you know!!

~~mary@...~There are no strangers here... Only friends that haven't met yet~

Guest guest

Yes, Maggie, I would love to help! I had expressed an interest

earlier in being a " Challenge moderator " but was wondering if anyone

wanted to partner up---'cause I know it's a lot of stuff to deal with

and maybe too much for one person to handle if we're gonna do little

prizes too---I even mentioned your name 'cause I figured it was

somehting you were really into. So...whaddaya think? Maybe one of

us does prizes and the other does the spreadsheets and we can

coordinate. So far your ideas look great!

I also like 's ideas of separate challenges. If it's all

together then it might get overwhelming for some. Maybe one MEGA

challenge and a bunch of smaller separate challenges to keep everyone

involved?

-riza

> Hi Maggie - thanks for doing the Challenges - I know that Riza

would like to help you moderate this program!!

>

> I would like to see the challenges be separate instead of together

and run at the same time. That way people could choose what challenge

they wanted to be in... for instance I don't have a problem getting

my veggies in every day so that wouldn't be a challenge for me but I

do have a problem with water right now so I want to be in a challenge

for that. Again, I'm not saying you have to do it this way, it's just

my opinion. Here are some challenges I would like to see...

>

> Journal

> Water

> Exercise

> Veggie/Fruit

> Weight

> New Recipe

> New Food

>

> I need to give the girls a bath now but if I think of anymore I'll

let you know!!

>

> ~~

> mary@z...

Guest guest

Well I agree with both of you, but let me explain my reasoning for

that spreadsheet design. While you may be good in some areas, such

as water or vegetables, it really takes the cooperation of all of

them for WW to work. Additionally, it would be difficult to

determine the " winner " (I hate to call it that because if we follow

it we are all winners :) ) with each item having its own line. If

participate in all of week 1, but only part of week 2, all of

week 3, etc etc, and Joan participated in all part but missed some

days... who is the " winner " . I'm not sure. I'll work with Riza some

on the design. :)

Maggie

> Yeah, I was thinking that it should be a challenge for something

you are not good in so that you can get better at it. If people are

in the challenge just to win prizes and can do it because they

entered a challenge for something they are already good in how fair

is that?

> Of course, being on the net, how is anyone going to know if people

are really doing the challenge or if they are just putting down the

proper amounts, etc.? LOL For instance, I have a hard time with

getting the water in too but I could put down that I drank X number

of ounces per day and really only drank 8 ounces. Just Kidding. I

wouldn't do that but it could happen.

> Weezie

> Re: Accumulated challenge spreadsheet

>

>

> Hi Maggie - thanks for doing the Challenges - I know that Riza

would like to help you moderate this program!!

>

> I would like to see the challenges be separate instead of

together and run at the same time. That way people could choose what

challenge they wanted to be in... for instance I don't have a problem

getting my veggies in every day so that wouldn't be a challenge for

me but I do have a problem with water right now so I want to be in a

challenge for that. Again, I'm not saying you have to do it this way,

it's just my opinion. Here are some challenges I would like to see...

>

> Journal

> Water

> Exercise

> Veggie/Fruit

> Weight

> New Recipe

> New Food

>

> I need to give the girls a bath now but if I think of anymore

I'll let you know!!

>

> ~~

> mary@z...

>

>

Guest guest

Woohoo - you got it partner!! :) Sound like a fabulous idea. And I

think that would work well.. The overall accumulating challenge and a

bunch of little weekly challenges.

Cool! :)

Maggie

>

>

> > Hi Maggie - thanks for doing the Challenges - I know that Riza

> would like to help you moderate this program!!

> >

> > I would like to see the challenges be separate instead of

together

> and run at the same time. That way people could choose what

challenge

> they wanted to be in... for instance I don't have a problem getting

> my veggies in every day so that wouldn't be a challenge for me but

I

> do have a problem with water right now so I want to be in a

challenge

> for that. Again, I'm not saying you have to do it this way, it's

just

> my opinion. Here are some challenges I would like to see...

> >

> > Journal

> > Water

> > Exercise

> > Veggie/Fruit

> > Weight

> > New Recipe

> > New Food

> >

> > I need to give the girls a bath now but if I think of anymore

I'll

> let you know!!

> >

> > ~~

> > mary@z...

Guest guest

Ok, but each challenge could have it's own page within the workbook you're keeping, not all the challenges need to be listed on one page. Did you read my email yesterday about the prizes and challenge ideas? My idea was everyone that met their goal within each challenge would get a prize. Say you have a journal challenge you want to last for two weeks. People sign up and you put an x in the box everyday they post their journal. At the end of the two weeks you look for those people that don't have any blank boxes and they are the winners for that challenge.

Maybe it's just my personality type, and maybe I'm the only the one who feels this way but it's much easier for me to do one thing at a time separately rather than have everything grouped together - it just feels too overwhelming to have 5 things listed together to do rather than have the same 5 things listed separately. Makes me feel if I can't do everything at once I've failed.

Anyway - you two come up with whatever is easiest for you. I can choose not to join the challenge and just send prizes - lol!!

~~mary@...

Well I agree with both of you, but let me explain my reasoning for that spreadsheet design. While you may be good in some areas, such as water or vegetables, it really takes the cooperation of all of them for WW to work. Additionally, it would be difficult to determine the "winner" (I hate to call it that because if we follow it we are all winners :) ) with each item having its own line. If participate in all of week 1, but only part of week 2, all of week 3, etc etc, and Joan participated in all part but missed some days... who is the "winner". I'm not sure. I'll work with Riza some on the design. :)Maggie> Yeah, I was thinking that it should be a challenge for something you are not good in so that you can get better at it. If people are in the challenge just to win prizes and can do it because they entered a challenge for something they are already good in how fair is that? > Of course, being on the net, how is anyone going to know if people are really doing the challenge or if they are just putting down the proper amounts, etc.? LOL For instance, I have a hard time with getting the water in too but I could put down that I drank X number of ounces per day and really only drank 8 ounces. Just Kidding. I wouldn't do that but it could happen.> Weezie> > > Hi Maggie - thanks for doing the Challenges - I know that Riza would like to help you moderate this program!!> > I would like to see the challenges be separate instead of together and run at the same time. That way people could choose what challenge they wanted to be in... for instance I don't have a problem getting my veggies in every day so that wouldn't be a challenge for me but I do have a problem with water right now so I want to be in a challenge for that. Again, I'm not saying you have to do it this way, it's just my opinion. Here are some challenges I would like to see...> > Journal> Water> Exercise> Veggie/Fruit> Weight> New Recipe> New Food> > I need to give the girls a bath now but if I think of anymore I'll let you know!!> > ~~> mary@z...

Guest guest

Hi ,

I agree with you. I think it would be much easier to break the challenges down to individual things. I also like the idea that everyone sets their own personal goals and if they meet that they are a winner. That way they are not "competing" against anyone else, but just helping themselves stay OP.

Just my 2 cents.

Maureen

Ok, but each challenge could have it's own page within the workbook you're keeping, not all the challenges need to be listed on one page. Did you read my email yesterday about the prizes and challenge ideas? My idea was everyone that met their goal within each challenge would get a prize. Say you have a journal challenge you want to last for two weeks. People sign up and you put an x in the box everyday they post their journal. At the end of the two weeks you look for those people that don't have any blank boxes and they are the winners for that challenge.

Maybe it's just my personality type, and maybe I'm the only the one who feels this way but it's much easier for me to do one thing at a time separately rather than have everything grouped together - it just feels too overwhelming to have 5 things listed together to do rather than have the same 5 things listed separately. Makes me feel if I can't do everything at once I've failed.

Anyway - you two come up with whatever is easiest for you. I can choose not to join the challenge and just send prizes - lol!!

~~mary@...

Well I agree with both of you, but let me explain my reasoning for that spreadsheet design. While you may be good in some areas, such as water or vegetables, it really takes the cooperation of all of them for WW to work. Additionally, it would be difficult to determine the "winner" (I hate to call it that because if we follow it we are all winners :) ) with each item having its own line. If participate in all of week 1, but only part of week 2, all of week 3, etc etc, and Joan participated in all part but missed some days... who is the "winner". I'm not sure. I'll work with Riza some on the design. :)Maggie> Yeah, I was thinking that it should be a challenge for something you are not good in so that you can get better at it. If people are in the challenge just to win prizes and can do it because they entered a challenge for something they are already good in how fair is that? > Of course, being on the net, how is anyone going to know if people are really doing the challenge or if they are just putting down the proper amounts, etc.? LOL For instance, I have a hard time with getting the water in too but I could put down that I drank X number of ounces per day and really only drank 8 ounces. Just Kidding. I wouldn't do that but it could happen.> Weezie> > > Hi Maggie - thanks for doing the Challenges - I know that Riza would like to help you moderate this program!!> > I would like to see the challenges be separate instead of together and run at the same time. That way people could choose what challenge they wanted to be in... for instance I don't have a problem getting my veggies in every day so that wouldn't be a challenge for me but I do have a problem with water right now so I want to be in a challenge for that. Again, I'm not saying you have to do it this way, it's just my opinion. Here are some challenges I would like to see...> > Journal> Water> Exercise> Veggie/Fruit> Weight> New Recipe> New Food> > I need to give the girls a bath now but if I think of anymore I'll let you know!!> > ~~> mary@z...~There are no strangers here... Only friends that haven't met yet~

Guest guest

Maureen,

I agree with your two cents.

Zephyr

~~mary@...

Well I agree with both of you, but let me explain my reasoning for that spreadsheet design. While you may be good in some areas, such as water or vegetables, it really takes the cooperation of all of them for WW to work. Additionally, it would be difficult to determine the "winner" (I hate to call it that because if we follow it we are all winners :) ) with each item having its own line. If participate in all of week 1, but only part of week 2, all of week 3, etc etc, and Joan participated in all part but missed some days... who is the "winner". I'm not sure. I'll work with Riza some on the design. :)Maggie> Yeah, I was thinking that it should be a challenge for something you are not good in so that you can get better at it. If people are in the challenge just to win prizes and can do it because they entered a challenge for something they are already good in how fair is that? > Of course, being on the net, how is anyone going to know if people are really doing the challenge or if they are just putting down the proper amounts, etc.? LOL For instance, I have a hard time with getting the water in too but I could put down that I drank X number of ounces per day and really only drank 8 ounces. Just Kidding. I wouldn't do that but it could happen.> Weezie> > > Hi Maggie - thanks for doing the Challenges - I know that Riza would like to help you moderate this program!!> > I would like to see the challenges be separate instead of together and run at the same time. That way people could choose what challenge they wanted to be in... for instance I don't have a problem getting my veggies in every day so that wouldn't be a challenge for me but I do have a problem with water right now so I want to be in a challenge for that. Again, I'm not saying you have to do it this way, it's just my opinion. Here are some challenges I would like to see...> > Journal> Water> Exercise> Veggie/Fruit> Weight> New Recipe> New Food> > I need to give the girls a bath now but if I think of anymore I'll let you know!!> > ~~> mary@z...~There are no strangers here... Only friends that haven't met yet~

Guest guest

I thought I would ask (actually share my opinion) about the prizes.

I think it would be easier to send out just a few gifts to all the

challenge winners of each category rather than a gift to every single

person no matter what goal they set for themself and make it. I can

see that that would add up REALLY quickly. I don't think I can

afford to send something even small to a ton of people. I don't know

how long each challenge will last but if half the people entering

reach their goal and get prizes then I think very few people will

actually end up sending little gifts out since it will seem so

overwhelming, you know?

I think maybe some kind of rules should be set that make it a little

more difficult to win so there are fewer winners and that will also

add to the motivation of the participants to work hard to make it to

the goals. Even if we had to draw a winner out of all that make it

to goal, that would be easier on the prize-givers.

I don't know if I'm alone on this, but that's how I feel. Any other

ideas or suggestions would be great.

Blessings,

Fox

QUIT WASTING MONEY on your health and get healthy!

http://www.pcpowersystem.com/lfi/143907-2

Make a RESIDUAL INCOME on our exclusive products:

http://www.pcpowersystem.com/id/143907-2

Guest guest

Here is a problem I have and I probably won't join the challenges for this reason.

Why do we have to have prizes? I would think that accomplishing the challenge would be prize enough. After all, you won your battle. If we start spending money, it's going to add more stress to things, and there is no way telling who really won or not.

Inge

Guest guest

Here is a problem I have and I probably won't join the challenges for this reason. I can not afford to send prizes to the US--shipping, etc. is too expensive and I have a very tight budget. Therefore, If I don't send prizes to add to the pot I do not feel it would be fair for me to participate in any challenges expecting to receive a prize should I be lucky enough to win.

Weezie

Guest guest

Maybe we can have two kinds of challenges: Challengers expecting gifts and Challengers expecting nothing but the prize of losing and being motivated. Or maybe some generous challengers can send two gifts (or more) for their buddies who are in a tight budget. And those who are motivated by getting a little something like me can join a mega challenge to get a nice prize. I'm greedy, too! Hehehe! Hey, but I'm honest.

Just a suggestion...

Margot

-- Re: Accumulated challenge spreadsheet

Here is a problem I have and I probably won't join the challenges for this reason. I can not afford to send prizes to the US--shipping, etc. is too expensive and I have a very tight budget. Therefore, If I don't send prizes to add to the pot I do not feel it would be fair for me to participate in any challenges expecting to receive a prize should I be lucky enough to win.

Weezie

Guest guest

I am willing to send in 30 mini gifts, but I will not tell what, as a donation to this challenge if we do prizes.

Zephyr

Weezie

~There are no strangers here... Only friends that haven't met yet~

Guest guest

And I'm willing to give one MEGA gift if we will also do this. :o) If not, then maybe mini gifts.

Margot

-- Re: Re: Accumulated challenge spreadsheet

I am willing to send in 30 mini gifts, but I will not tell what, as a donation to this challenge if we do prizes.

Zephyr

Weezie

Guest guest

Weezie,

I understand how you feel. I think that others on the board might also feel like this or just not be able to afford to send something "touchable".

Here is an idea that I thought of and maybe it would help. Instead of everyone contributing to a "pot", what about whoever is in charge of the challenge posting who succeeded (I like this better than Winner) in meeting their personal challenge and then anyone who would like to send them something could and those that wanted to send them something through cyberspace could do that. Remember this could be just something inspirational that they could print and hang up to remind them that they did a GREAT job!!!

The idea is to help to encourage us all to stay OP and make it to goal, not to add extra stress on anyone.

Once again this is just my 2 cents!!!

Maureen

Weezie~There are no strangers here... Only friends that haven't met yet~

Guest guest

I disagree with you. We realize that not everyone can send a prize. We still want you to play. :)

Maggie

-----Original Message-----From: Louise Gullion Sent: Saturday, May 25, 2002 11:12 PMTo: wwliterside Subject: Re: Accumulated challenge spreadsheet

Guest guest

I like having prizes, but if Weezie can't afford shipping, maybe she could just send 5 dollars in the mail to one of us and we could get a couple of prizes for her. I wasn't planning on spending much on these prizes, mostly sending things I already have and don't want or need and spending just a couple of bucks at the dollar store.

-----Original Message-----From: IngeOH@... Sent: Saturday, May 25, 2002 11:23 PMTo: wwliterside Subject: Re: Accumulated challenge spreadsheet

Here is a problem I have and I probably won't join the challenges for this reason.Why do we have to have prizes? I would think that accomplishing the challenge would be prize enough. After all, you won your battle. If we start spending money, it's going to add more stress to things, and there is no way telling who really won or not.Inge~There are no strangers here... Only friends that haven't met yet~

Guest guest

That was my thought too . We have a store called Yankee Trader, and its full of little trinket type things - pencils, stickers, plastic gold star sort of things. That's whatI had in mind.

Maggie

-----Original Message-----From: Reynolds Sent: Sunday, May 26, 2002 9:58 AMTo: wwliterside Subject: RE: Accumulated challenge spreadsheet

I like having prizes, but if Weezie can't afford shipping, maybe she could just send 5 dollars in the mail to one of us and we could get a couple of prizes for her. I wasn't planning on spending much on these prizes, mostly sending things I already have and don't want or need and spending just a couple of bucks at the dollar store.

-----Original Message-----From: IngeOH@... Sent: Saturday, May 25, 2002 11:23 PMTo: wwliterside Subject: Re: Accumulated challenge spreadsheet

Here is a problem I have and I probably won't join the challenges for this reason.Why do we have to have prizes? I would think that accomplishing the challenge would be prize enough. After all, you won your battle. If we start spending money, it's going to add more stress to things, and there is no way telling who really won or not.Inge~There are no strangers here... Only friends that haven't met yet~

Guest guest

I would join the challenge if there was no gift to be expected because I do not think it would be fair to join a challenge for a gift if I can not afford to send gifts.

Weezie

Weezie

~There are no strangers here... Only friends that haven't met yet~

Guest guest

NOw that makes sense to me. I LOVE getting E-cards!!!

Weezie

Guest guest

. As far as I am concerned you need not worry about not being able to send anything. This is for those who can...please feel free to still join.

Sharon

Guest guest

Yes, I decided today that I would join the challenges and do what I can. No matter how I do, I am still a winner. I've got a new family and friends, a new outlook on life, and best of all A NEW ME.

Weezie