RemedySpot.com

RE: what is on the menu Wednesday

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

We are having Simon and Garfunkel Chicken (our corny name for grilled chicken seasoned with parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme), fresh green beans, and cous cous.

what is on the menu Wednesday

Good Morning Everyone!!!!!!!!!!

For this evening we will be having Ground Turkey Burgers, Maureens spinach and parmesan rice and roasted brocoli.

Let me tell you about last nights dinner it was fantastic, I made 's spicy sweet shrimp and they were awesome and soooooo easy to make and I took zuchini since it was on sale this week adn one vidalia onion chopped them up and put them in a sprayed baking dish. Then I sprayed them with butter flavor pam and sprinkled on a packet of recipe secrets garlic and herb seasoning yummy!!!!!!! We also had garlic twice baked potatoes. The recipe is posted as the recipe of the day.

Soooooooo what is on your menu!!!! I encourage you to share your full menu for dinner it really helps others out here to get some ideas. Thanks.

Zephyr

~There are no strangers here... Only friends that haven't met yet~

Guest guest

Sounds Yummy ,

How do you make them? It is really quite online so far today. I am at 50 oz of water so far how about you guys?

Zephyr

For this evening we will be having Ground Turkey Burgers, Maureens spinach and parmesan rice and roasted brocoli.

Let me tell you about last nights dinner it was fantastic, I made 's spicy sweet shrimp and they were awesome and soooooo easy to make and I took zuchini since it was on sale this week adn one vidalia onion chopped them up and put them in a sprayed baking dish. Then I sprayed them with butter flavor pam and sprinkled on a packet of recipe secrets garlic and herb seasoning yummy!!!!!!! We also had garlic twice baked potatoes. The recipe is posted as the recipe of the day.

Soooooooo what is on your menu!!!! I encourage you to share your full menu for dinner it really helps others out here to get some ideas. Thanks.

Zephyr

Guest guest

LOL! I love that song

-- Re: what is on the menu Wednesday

We are having Simon and Garfunkel Chicken (our corny name for grilled chicken seasoned with parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme), fresh green beans, and cous cous.

Zephyr

Guest guest

Hello there!

It's my once a week (month, year, whatever) outing with my darling friend. No idea where we are going, but I have been CRAVING blackened shrimp. So I'm hoping we can go to a place called the Columbus Fish Market. But its a bit expensive! Last night I made homemade pizza! It was so incredible!! Sam's Club had this pizza crust pack - It was 3 premade crusts for I think $4.00. I used the crust and the sauce packet that was included - piled on 0 point veggies and a serving of turkey pepperoni and 3/4 of a bag of 2% mozzerella, and topped with fresh basil and oregano from my garden. I ate 1/2 the pizza - did not feel a bit of guilt - it was only 2 points!!!

Hugs,

Maggie

-----Original Message-----From: Zephyrmon Sent: Wednesday, May 29, 2002 7:14 AMTo: wwliterside Subject: what is on the menu Wednesday

Zephyr

Guest guest

Hubby has a 6:30 softball game, so we are stopping at Subway for subs and baked

chips. I like the Subway Club with most of the veggies and the honey mustard

sauce they have. Although, I have seen 's new add for the Chicken

Terriyaki sub and it looks really tasty. If I try this one, I'll be sure to

report back!

Guest guest

2 pts! How? What was the brand name of that crust? I will go to Sam's tomm.

-- RE: what is on the menu Wednesday

Hello there!

It's my once a week (month, year, whatever) outing with my darling friend. No idea where we are going, but I have been CRAVING blackened shrimp. So I'm hoping we can go to a place called the Columbus Fish Market. But its a bit expensive! Last night I made homemade pizza! It was so incredible!! Sam's Club had this pizza crust pack - It was 3 premade crusts for I think $4.00. I used the crust and the sauce packet that was included - piled on 0 point veggies and a serving of turkey pepperoni and 3/4 of a bag of 2% mozzerella, and topped with fresh basil and oregano from my garden. I ate 1/2 the pizza - did not feel a bit of guilt - it was only 2 points!!!

Hugs,

Maggie

-----Original Message-----From: Zephyrmon Sent: Wednesday, May 29, 2002 7:14 AMTo: wwliterside Subject: what is on the menu Wednesday

Zephyr

Guest guest

Hi :)

Tonight's menu is Cherie's Crock Pot Cola Turkey Experiment (lol) - -

I (sort of) combined ideas from 2 different crock pot recipes - - one for

making turkey legs/drumsticks and the other for cola chicken....

Cherie's Crock Pot Cola Turkey Experiment

6 fresh turkey drumsticks

(Believe it or not, the six drumsticks and sauce really filled my 5 1/2 quart

crock pot!)

1 cup Heinz ketchup (I use Heinz No Salt Added ketchup due to low sodium

diet...)

12 oz Coca Cola (I use regular, since I don't use diet products with

aspertame.)

Rinse and dry drumsticks, then place in crock pot.

Mix ketchup and cola. Pour mixture over the drumsticks.

Cook on HIGH 1 hour, then cook on LOW for 7 additional hours.

*That's our dinner - with a large salad (lettuce, grape tomatoes, and kirby

cukes) and a Gabila's square potato knish for each of us (only 3 points for

the knish :)

Cherie

Guest guest

Oh OOOPPPS! 12 points!!! Sorry! But still!!!! I can try and look up the brand tonight... but I know it was in the regular section (not frozen) and in the area where they have sauce, etc.

:)

Maggie

Hello there!

Hugs,

Maggie

Zephyr

Guest guest

I though of trying that tonight also! I'm going to the darkroom and usually don't have time for much. Do you know how many points they are?

Hubby has a 6:30 softball game, so we are stopping at Subway for subs and bakedchips. I like the Subway Club with most of the veggies and the honey mustardsauce they have. Although, I have seen 's new add for the ChickenTerriyaki sub and it looks really tasty. If I try this one, I'll be sure toreport back!~There are no strangers here... Only friends that haven't met yet~

Guest guest

That makes more sense to me. I will check them out thanks

-- RE: what is on the menu Wednesday

Hello there!

Hugs,

Maggie

Zephyr

Guest guest

Is it the sweet onion chicken teryiaki? If so the nutritional info is on the web site. :)

Maggie

Re: what is on the menu Wednesday

Hubby has a 6:30 softball game, so we are stopping at Subway for subs and bakedchips. I like the Subway Club with most of the veggies and the honey mustardsauce they have. Although, I have seen 's new add for the ChickenTerriyaki sub and it looks really tasty. If I try this one, I'll be sure toreport back!~There are no strangers here... Only friends that haven't met yet~

Guest guest

What is the exact name of that pizza crust? All the ones I ever find are high in points.

Hello there!

Hugs,

Maggie

Zephyr

Guest guest

Not yet! I will get the nutrition infor tonight on the 2 new subs.

|--------+----------------------->

| | " |

| | Coroneos " |

| | <susan@corone|

| | os.com> |

| | |

| | 05/29/2002 |

| | 10:14 AM |

| | Please |

| | respond to |

| | wwliterside |

| | |

|--------+----------------------->

>-----------------------------------------------------------|

| |

| To: wwliterside |

| cc: (bcc: -C /BRE/AGFA/US/BAYER) |

| Subject: Re: what is on the menu |

| Wednesday |

>-----------------------------------------------------------|

I though of trying that tonight also! I'm going to the darkroom and usually

don't have time for much. Do you know how many points they are?

Hubby has a 6:30 softball game, so we are stopping at Subway for subs and

baked

chips. I like the Subway Club with most of the veggies and the honey mustard

sauce they have. Although, I have seen 's new add for the Chicken

Terriyaki sub and it looks really tasty. If I try this one, I'll be sure to

report back!

Guest guest

Thanks Maggie!

Guest guest

I will definitely look for this brand name tonight. This one was 2 points for 1/6 of the pizza!

Maggie

-----Original Message-----From: Reynolds Sent: Wednesday, May 29, 2002 10:19 AMTo: wwliterside Subject: Re: what is on the menu Wednesday

What is the exact name of that pizza crust? All the ones I ever find are high in points.

Hello there!

Hugs,

Maggie

Zephyr

Guest guest

Oh, damn! I was thinking, "Oh my God!!! 2 point pizza!!"

Oh well, back to pizza on English muffins.

Hello there!

Hugs,

Maggie

Zephyr

Guest guest

I had one of the new sandwiches last week - the Chicken Teriyaki - and it was good, but in my opinion not great. I'm glad I tried it but I won't be giving up my veggie loaded turkey anytime soon!!

~~mary@...

Hubby has a 6:30 softball game, so we are stopping at Subway for subs and baked chips. I like the Subway Club with most of the veggies and the honey mustard sauce they have. Although, I have seen 's new add for the Chicken Terriyaki sub and it looks really tasty. If I try this one, I'll be sure to report back!

Guest guest

We have one of those places right by us too... I love their homemade breads!! I have to say on the rare occasion we go out to eat breakfast I'm usually so full that a big 'ol salad has me happy for dinner - lol!! I hope you and your mom had a great breakfast!!

~~mary@...

Today is my Mom's 61st b-day so I am taking her out for breakfast. Since I have no idea what I will order( this is one of those places that makes wonderful made from scratch breakfasts) I have to wait on the dinner plans. I may need to have something really light, maybe 5 pts or less, considering breakfast is going to be very pointy i think. Hope I can be "good" this morning:)Caren><(((*>

Guest guest

That is so cute!! Even my husband laughed... though now he won't stop singing that song!!

~~mary@...

Guest guest

Thanks , you helped with my decision for tonights dinner! turkey it is!

I had one of the new sandwiches last week - the Chicken Teriyaki - and it was good, but in my opinion not great. I'm glad I tried it but I won't be giving up my veggie loaded turkey anytime soon!!

~~mary@...

Hubby has a 6:30 softball game, so we are stopping at Subway for subs and baked chips. I like the Subway Club with most of the veggies and the honey mustard sauce they have. Although, I have seen 's new add for the Chicken Terriyaki sub and it looks really tasty. If I try this one, I'll be sure to report back!~There are no strangers here... Only friends that haven't met yet~

Guest guest

Zephyr - I'm so glad you liked the shrimp!! It's one of our favorites too. I got that recipe from the Bootcamp Buddy Board. I like to put the shrimp on our Foreman Grill instead of the oven too. Gotta love that grill!!

Our dinner tonight...

Salad

Sweet Corn Bread

Servings: 24

Points per serving: 2.5

1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist yellow cake mix1 1/2 cups cornmeal, whole-grain4 egg whites -- or 1/2 cup egg beaters1/2 cup skim milk14 3/4 ounces creamed corn

Mix together all ingredients until well blended. Pour into 11x17 sheet pan. Bake at 350 until golden and toothpick comes out clean. Cut into 25 pieces

Per Serving: 130 Calories; 2g Fat; 2g Protein; 27g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; trace Cholesterol; 199mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1/2 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates.

's Taco Soup

Servings: 6

Serving Size: 2 cupsPoints per serving: 7.5

1 pound Extra Lean Ground Beef -- 94% - 96% lean1 cup Chopped Onions2 tablespoons ranch-style dressing mix2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix1 teaspoon Chili Powder15 ounces black beans, canned -- keep liquid15 1/4 ounces Red Kidney Beans, canned -- keep liquid15 ounces Cannellini Beans, canned -- keep liquid15 ounces garbanzo beans, canned -- keep liquid14 1/4 ounces Mexican-style Stewed Tomatoes -- keep liquid and chop before adding to pot

Brown meat and onions, drain and rinse well. Mix ranch, taco, and chili powder seasonings into meat. Add all other ingredients. Simmer for 45 minutes.

Per Serving: 393 Calories; 5g Fat; 15g Protein; 58g Carbohydrate; 14g Dietary Fiber; 41mg Cholesterol; 1463mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 1/2 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 3 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

~~mary@...

Guest guest

I had it for lunch today, and I agree. It was good, but I could have fixed something much yummier at home. I did have the WOW Doritos, though, and since I almost never eat them, they were GOOD!!!!!

~~mary@...

Hubby has a 6:30 softball game, so we are stopping at Subway for subs and baked chips. I like the Subway Club with most of the veggies and the honey mustard sauce they have. Although, I have seen 's new add for the Chicken Terriyaki sub and it looks really tasty. If I try this one, I'll be sure to report back!~There are no strangers here... Only friends that haven't met yet~

Guest guest

Yummy !!!! It is funny at first dh turned his nose up as we mixed the ingredients and when I told him it was one of your recipes he said he knew he would love it and he did. Glad you posted because we are having taco soup tomorow night it is defrosting as we speak and I have been looking for a yummy corn bread recip I have made some disasterous ones while on ww. So I will try this one tomorow.Thanks as usual.

Zephyr

Zephyr - I'm so glad you liked the shrimp!! It's one of our favorites too. I got that recipe from the Bootcamp Buddy Board. I like to put the shrimp on our Foreman Grill instead of the oven too. Gotta love that grill!!

Our dinner tonight...

Salad

Sweet Corn Bread

Servings: 24

Points per serving: 2.5

1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist yellow cake mix1 1/2 cups cornmeal, whole-grain4 egg whites -- or 1/2 cup egg beaters1/2 cup skim milk14 3/4 ounces creamed corn

Mix together all ingredients until well blended. Pour into 11x17 sheet pan. Bake at 350 until golden and toothpick comes out clean. Cut into 25 pieces

Per Serving: 130 Calories; 2g Fat; 2g Protein; 27g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; trace Cholesterol; 199mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1/2 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates.

's Taco Soup

Servings: 6

Serving Size: 2 cupsPoints per serving: 7.5

1 pound Extra Lean Ground Beef -- 94% - 96% lean1 cup Chopped Onions2 tablespoons ranch-style dressing mix2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix1 teaspoon Chili Powder15 ounces black beans, canned -- keep liquid15 1/4 ounces Red Kidney Beans, canned -- keep liquid15 ounces Cannellini Beans, canned -- keep liquid15 ounces garbanzo beans, canned -- keep liquid14 1/4 ounces Mexican-style Stewed Tomatoes -- keep liquid and chop before adding to pot

Brown meat and onions, drain and rinse well. Mix ranch, taco, and chili powder seasonings into meat. Add all other ingredients. Simmer for 45 minutes.

Per Serving: 393 Calories; 5g Fat; 15g Protein; 58g Carbohydrate; 14g Dietary Fiber; 41mg Cholesterol; 1463mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 1/2 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 3 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

~~mary@...

Guest guest

Sounds great Cherie! I love the cola chicken and it is sooogood!

Hi :)Tonight's menu is Cherie's Crock Pot Cola Turkey Experiment (lol) - -I (sort of) combined ideas from 2 different crock pot recipes - - one for making turkey legs/drumsticks and the other for cola chicken....Cherie's Crock Pot Cola Turkey Experiment6 fresh turkey drumsticks(Believe it or not, the six drumsticks and sauce really filled my 5 1/2 quart crock pot!)1 cup Heinz ketchup (I use Heinz No Salt Added ketchup due to low sodium diet...)12 oz Coca Cola (I use regular, since I don't use diet products with aspertame.)Rinse and dry drumsticks, then place in crock pot.Mix ketchup and cola. Pour mixture over the drumsticks.Cook on HIGH 1 hour, then cook on LOW for 7 additional hours.*That's our dinner - with a large salad (lettuce, grape tomatoes, and kirby cukes) and a Gabila's square potato knish for each of us (only 3 points for the knish :)Cherie~There are no strangers here... Only friends that haven't met yet~