Re: itchies

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Pat,

There is no Walgreens near me. We have Walmart, KMart, Eckerd, Rite Aid and

CVS. What section of store do you find it in, the same area where cortizone

cream is located? What is in sarana that makes it work? I sometimes use

Lanacaine that has a local anesthetic in it- it works temporarily. I also

sometimes use Respite lotion that works a little due to the menthol in it.

J

>From: PatJ@...

>Reply- onelist

> onelist

>Subject: [ ] Itchies

>Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 23:37:12 EST

>MIME-Version: 1.0

>From sentto-165537-8058-shireen42 Wed Nov 03 20:37:45 1999

>Received: from [209.207.164.229] by hotmail.com (3.2) with ESMTP id

>MHotMailB9EA58980021D82197A7D1CFA4E534440; Wed Nov 03 20:37:45 1999

>Received: (qmail 16581 invoked by alias); 4 Nov 1999 04:38:15 -0000

>Received: (qmail 16571 invoked from network); 4 Nov 1999 04:38:13 -0000

>Received: from unknown (209.207.164.241) by pop1.onelist.com with QMQP; 4

>Nov 1999 04:38:13 -0000

>Received: from unknown (HELO imo-d01.mx.aol.com) (205.188.157.33) by

>mta2.onelist.com with SMTP; 4 Nov 1999 04:43:01 -0000

>Received: from PatJ@... by imo-d01.mx.aol.com (mail_out_v23.6.) id

>hMWA0rzP3Q (3976) for < onelist>; Wed, 3 Nov 1999

>23:37:12 -0500 (EST)

>Message-ID: <0.85be7b92.25526778@...>

>X-Mailer: Windows AOL sub 41

>Mailing-List: list onelist; contact

> -owneronelist

>Delivered-mailing list onelist

>Precedence: bulk

>List-Unsubscribe: <mailto: -unsubscribeONElist>

>

>KayK

>For itching they gave me the full array of cortisone creams. forget them,

>the

>stuff that worked for me is called Sarna. It is an anti-itch cream, I get

>it

>at walgreens (non-prescrition. Works great.

>,

>Good luck. I have found the University of Miami Liver team the best! Very

>caring and capeable crew. I'll be thinking about you.

>Patty

>AIH post-transplant

>

>------------------------------------------------------------------------

>Please support the American Liver Foundation!

>

>1.) To subscribe send e-mail to -subscribeonelist

>2.) To UNsubscribe send to -unsubscribeonelist

>3.) Digest e-mail format send to -digestonelist

>4.) Normal e-mail format send to -normalonelist

><< text3.html >>

Patty,

I bet Sarna is similar to Respite lotion, it has menthol, dont know about

camphor. I found it near bandaids and ointments.

susan j

>From: PatJ@...

>Reply- onelist

> onelist

>Subject: [ ] Itchies

>Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1999 23:57:26 EST

>MIME-Version: 1.0

>From sentto-165537-8093-shireen42=hotmail.comonelist Thu Nov 4

>21:05:08 1999

>Received: (qmail 2387 invoked by alias); 5 Nov 1999 04:57:45 -0000

>Received: (qmail 2367 invoked from network); 5 Nov 1999 04:57:44 -0000

>Received: from unknown (209.207.164.239) by pop4.onelist.com with QMQP; 5

>Nov 1999 04:57:44 -0000

>Received: from unknown (HELO imo25.mx.aol.com) (198.81.17.69) by

>mta1.onelist.com with SMTP; 5 Nov 1999 04:57:31 -0000

>Received: from PatJ@... by imo25.mx.aol.com (mail_out_v23.6.) id

>hBMMa04501 (3978) for < onelist>; Thu, 4 Nov 1999

>23:57:27 -0500 (EST)

>Message-ID: <0.538853aa.2553bdb6@...>

>X-Mailer: Windows AOL sub 41

>Mailing-List: list onelist; contact

> -owneronelist

>Delivered-mailing list onelist

>Precedence: bulk

>List-Unsubscribe: <mailto: -unsubscribeONElist>

>

>,

>It is steriod-free 'SARNA' anti-itch lotion. I find it near the alcohol

>wipes. I'll look tommorrow when I go to pick up a prescription whatever

>else

>is around. It's not with the lotions for some reason. Says formulated with

>camphor and menthol. Good luck.

>later,

>Patty

>AIH post transplant

>

>------------------------------------------------------------------------

>Please support the American Liver Foundation!

>

>1.) To subscribe send e-mail to -subscribeonelist

>2.) To UNsubscribe send to -unsubscribeonelist

>3.) Digest e-mail format send to -digestonelist

>4.) Normal e-mail format send to -normalonelist

><< text3.html >>

• 7 years later...
Guest guest

The nurse today told me to get Hydrocortisone Cream. It did help the itch for a while. I will do an oatmeal bath between 8 and 8:30 tonight before my shot.

When I was on treatment and now with my liver going bad buliumin is elevated that is when I itch they gave me a precrbtion of , a prescribtion of Zolpodem, but I did not like the side effects when read them, they still think It would work well on me, but I also got Hydroyz HCL 25 tab and that sound effect did not scare me, so when I itch I will take that. Both are from my liver doctor. I hate the itching that you can not see, but itch like a nut.

So I thought I would let you know, nothing over the counter worked. Love an hugs, GlendaSee what's free at AOL.com.

Guest guest

Thank you, Glenda. I thought it was my imagination that I couldn't see it, or the place where it is. Anyway. I am on my way to the oatmeal bath. Have a small window to get it all done on time. I'll be back online after my shot at 8:30. Hugs, VickieG

I know I thought I was losing my mind too. Everyone told me not to scatch it would bleed, but never did it was inside. I used to get up and take cold showers to make the ends of my nerves stop itching it work too. Or again, my imagine. LOL. Love you glenda let me know how the bath works. love you. GlendaSee what's free at AOL.com.

Guest guest

Thank you, Glenda. I thought it was my imagination that I couldn't see it, or the place where it is. Anyway. I am on my way to the oatmeal bath. Have a small window to get it all done on time. I'll be back online after my shot at 8:30. Hugs, VickieG

I know I thought I was losing my mind too. Everyone told me not to scatch it would bleed, but never did it was inside. I used to get up and take cold showers to make the ends of my nerves stop itching it work too. Or again, my imagine. LOL. Love you glenda let me know how the bath works. love you. GlendaSee what's free at AOL.com.

Guest guest

Guest guest

Reminder

for itchies: Aveeno (or Eckerd brand is cheaper) Bath & Shower Oil is

good, Eucerin Cream is really thick & gooey to help the dryness, you might

even have to try Bag Balm from the feed store. I tried a couple of lotion

applicators that were supposed to help you get lotion on your own back but neither

of them did too well, so I made my kids do it for me.

Take

lukewarm baths & showers. Hot water will dry your skin more.

Good morning everyone in Dummiesville

Just checking in with

everyone. I have been catching up on emails. I

give my third Pegasys shot tonight and I go for my first bloodwork

today. I think my dragon scales are coming to the surface. I have a

rash on my upper thighs that I can feel but not see. It's a little

itchy, but ok. Other than that, everything is ok except for my energy

level. Even with vitamin B12 I have to pace myself with things that

need to be done around the house. Hugs to all, old and new members.

VickieG

Guest guest

Reminder

applicators that were supposed to help you get lotion on your own back but neither

Take

Just checking in with

VickieG

Guest guest

Reminder

Take

Just checking in with

VickieG

Guest guest

Thank you, . The nurse today told me to get Hydrocortisone Cream. It did help the itch for a while. I will do an oatmeal bath between 8 and 8:30 tonight before my shot. I got off the moisture baths while on my trip. Ops, gotta take Savannah out for her final walk of the night. Everything has to be done on shot night at about the same time. LOL! Hugs, VickieG Motley wrote: Reminder for itchies: Aveeno (or Eckerd brand is cheaper) Bath & Shower Oil is good, Eucerin Cream is really thick & gooey to help the dryness, you might even have to try Bag Balm from the feed store. I tried a couple of lotion applicators that were supposed to help you get lotion on your own back but neither of them did too well, so I made my kids do it for me. Take lukewarm baths & showers. Hot water will dry your

skin more. -----Original Message-----From: HepatitisCSupportGroupForDummies [mailto:HepatitisCSupportGroupForDummies ] On Behalf Of onelildeltagirlSent: Tuesday, July 10, 2007

8:48 AMTo: HepatitisCSupportGroupForDummies Subject: Good morning everyone in Dummiesville Just checking in with everyone. I have been catching up on emails. I give my third Pegasys shot tonight and I go for my first bloodwork today. I think my dragon scales are coming to the surface. I have a rash on my upper thighs that I can feel but not see. It's a little itchy, but ok. Other than that, everything is ok except for my energy level. Even with vitamin B12 I have to pace myself with things that need to be done around the house. Hugs to all, old and new members. VickieG

Be a better Heartthrob. Get better relationship answers from someone who knows.Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.

Guest guest

Thank you, . The nurse today told me to get Hydrocortisone Cream. It did help the itch for a while. I will do an oatmeal bath between 8 and 8:30 tonight before my shot. I got off the moisture baths while on my trip. Ops, gotta take Savannah out for her final walk of the night. Everything has to be done on shot night at about the same time. LOL! Hugs, VickieG Motley wrote: Reminder for itchies: Aveeno (or Eckerd brand is cheaper) Bath & Shower Oil is good, Eucerin Cream is really thick & gooey to help the dryness, you might even have to try Bag Balm from the feed store. I tried a couple of lotion applicators that were supposed to help you get lotion on your own back but neither of them did too well, so I made my kids do it for me. Take lukewarm baths & showers. Hot water will dry your

skin more. -----Original Message-----From: HepatitisCSupportGroupForDummies [mailto:HepatitisCSupportGroupForDummies ] On Behalf Of onelildeltagirlSent: Tuesday, July 10, 2007

8:48 AMTo: HepatitisCSupportGroupForDummies Subject: Good morning everyone in Dummiesville Just checking in with everyone. I have been catching up on emails. I give my third Pegasys shot tonight and I go for my first bloodwork today. I think my dragon scales are coming to the surface. I have a rash on my upper thighs that I can feel but not see. It's a little itchy, but ok. Other than that, everything is ok except for my energy level. Even with vitamin B12 I have to pace myself with things that need to be done around the house. Hugs to all, old and new members. VickieG

Be a better Heartthrob. Get better relationship answers from someone who knows.Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.

Guest guest

Guest guest

Thank you, Glenda. I thought it was my imagination that I couldn't see it, or the place where it is. Anyway. I am on my way to the oatmeal bath. Have a small window to get it all done on time. I'll be back online after my shot at 8:30. Hugs, VickieGglendajohn25@... wrote: In a message dated 7/10/2007 8:30:00 PM Eastern Standard Time, onelildeltagirl writes: The nurse today told me to get Hydrocortisone Cream. It did help the itch for a while. I will do an oatmeal bath between 8 and 8:30 tonight before my shot. When I was on treatment and now with my liver going bad buliumin is elevated that is when I itch they gave me a precrbtion of , a prescribtion of Zolpodem, but I did not like the side effects when read them, they still think It would work well on me, but I also got Hydroyz HCL 25 tab and that sound effect did not scare me, so when I itch I will take that. Both are from my liver doctor. I hate the itching that you can not see, but itch like a nut. So I thought I would let you know, nothing over the counter worked. Love an hugs, Glenda See

what's free at AOL.com.

Finding fabulous fares is fun.Let Yahoo! FareChase search your favorite travel sites to find flight and hotel bargains.

Guest guest

Thank you, Glenda. I thought it was my imagination that I couldn't see it, or the place where it is. Anyway. I am on my way to the oatmeal bath. Have a small window to get it all done on time. I'll be back online after my shot at 8:30. Hugs, VickieGglendajohn25@... wrote: In a message dated 7/10/2007 8:30:00 PM Eastern Standard Time, onelildeltagirl writes: The nurse today told me to get Hydrocortisone Cream. It did help the itch for a while. I will do an oatmeal bath between 8 and 8:30 tonight before my shot. When I was on treatment and now with my liver going bad buliumin is elevated that is when I itch they gave me a precrbtion of , a prescribtion of Zolpodem, but I did not like the side effects when read them, they still think It would work well on me, but I also got Hydroyz HCL 25 tab and that sound effect did not scare me, so when I itch I will take that. Both are from my liver doctor. I hate the itching that you can not see, but itch like a nut. So I thought I would let you know, nothing over the counter worked. Love an hugs, Glenda See

what's free at AOL.com.

Finding fabulous fares is fun.Let Yahoo! FareChase search your favorite travel sites to find flight and hotel bargains.

Guest guest

what's free at AOL.com.

Guest guest

I was also told ice by nurse but knock on wood I am not itching yet. hugs...patglendajohn25@... wrote: In a message dated 7/10/2007 9:07:21 PM Eastern Standard Time, onelildeltagirl writes: Thank you, Glenda. I thought it was my

imagination that I couldn't see it, or the place where it is. Anyway. I am on my way to the oatmeal bath. Have a small window to get it all done on time. I'll be back online after my shot at 8:30. Hugs, VickieG I know I thought I was losing my mind too. Everyone told me not to scatch it would bleed, but never did it was inside. I used to get up and take cold showers to make the ends of my nerves stop itching it work too. Or again, my imagine. LOL. Love you glenda let me know how the bath works. love you. Glenda See what's free at AOL.com.

Guest guest

I was also told ice by nurse but knock on wood I am not itching yet. hugs...patglendajohn25@... wrote: In a message dated 7/10/2007 9:07:21 PM Eastern Standard Time, onelildeltagirl writes: Thank you, Glenda. I thought it was my

imagination that I couldn't see it, or the place where it is. Anyway. I am on my way to the oatmeal bath. Have a small window to get it all done on time. I'll be back online after my shot at 8:30. Hugs, VickieG I know I thought I was losing my mind too. Everyone told me not to scatch it would bleed, but never did it was inside. I used to get up and take cold showers to make the ends of my nerves stop itching it work too. Or again, my imagine. LOL. Love you glenda let me know how the bath works. love you. Glenda See what's free at AOL.com.

Guest guest

Thank you, Glenda. It's easy for now. Got my hubby to help slather the Hydrocortisone on my back as it seems to be moving up my backside. LOL! Anyway, I didn't have time to think about it until after my shot and now, it's beginning again. Just light, right now. Maybe I can sleep in the oatmeal bath, if I need to. It seems to be worse where the elastic in my underware touched my legs and back. Hugs, VickieGglendajohn25@... wrote: In a message dated 7/10/2007 9:07:21 PM Eastern Standard Time, onelildeltagirl writes: Thank you, Glenda. I thought it was my imagination that I couldn't see it, or the place where it is. Anyway. I am on my way to the oatmeal bath. Have a small window to get it all done on time. I'll be back online after my shot at 8:30. Hugs, VickieG I know I thought I was losing my mind too. Everyone told me not to scatch it would bleed, but never did it was inside. I used to get up and take cold showers to make the ends of my nerves stop itching it work too. Or again, my imagine. LOL. Love you glenda let me know how

the bath works. love you. Glenda See what's free at AOL.com.

Get the free Yahoo! toolbar and rest assured with the added security of spyware protection.

Guest guest

Thank you, Glenda. It's easy for now. Got my hubby to help slather the Hydrocortisone on my back as it seems to be moving up my backside. LOL! Anyway, I didn't have time to think about it until after my shot and now, it's beginning again. Just light, right now. Maybe I can sleep in the oatmeal bath, if I need to. It seems to be worse where the elastic in my underware touched my legs and back. Hugs, VickieGglendajohn25@... wrote: In a message dated 7/10/2007 9:07:21 PM Eastern Standard Time, onelildeltagirl writes: Thank you, Glenda. I thought it was my imagination that I couldn't see it, or the place where it is. Anyway. I am on my way to the oatmeal bath. Have a small window to get it all done on time. I'll be back online after my shot at 8:30. Hugs, VickieG I know I thought I was losing my mind too. Everyone told me not to scatch it would bleed, but never did it was inside. I used to get up and take cold showers to make the ends of my nerves stop itching it work too. Or again, my imagine. LOL. Love you glenda let me know how

the bath works. love you. Glenda See what's free at AOL.com.

Get the free Yahoo! toolbar and rest assured with the added security of spyware protection.

Guest guest

I hope you don't Pat. Hugs, VickieGpatricia wrote: I was also told ice by nurse but knock on wood I am not itching yet. hugs...patglendajohn25aol wrote: In a message dated 7/10/2007 9:07:21 PM Eastern Standard Time, onelildeltagirl writes: Thank you, Glenda. I thought it was my imagination that I couldn't see it, or the place where it is. Anyway. I am on my way to the oatmeal bath. Have a small window to get it all done on time. I'll be back online after my shot at 8:30. Hugs, VickieG I know I thought I was losing my mind too. Everyone told me not to scatch it would bleed, but never did it was inside. I used to get up and take cold showers to make the ends of my nerves stop itching it work too. Or again, my imagine. LOL. Love you glenda let me know how the bath works. love you. Glenda See

what's free at AOL.com.

Shape Yahoo! in your own image. Join our Network Research Panel today!

Guest guest

Your hep c doctor knows this a problem and will give you something. They tell me it is because of Bilrumin. I just try what they say. The last they gave me was too scarey for me to take. Love you, GlendaGet a sneak peak of the all-new AOL.com.

Guest guest

Your hep c doctor knows this a problem and will give you something. They tell me it is because of Bilrumin. I just try what they say. The last they gave me was too scarey for me to take. Love you, GlendaGet a sneak peak of the all-new AOL.com.

Guest guest

Guest guest

Thank you, Glenda. It's easy for now. Got my hubby to help slather the Hydrocortisone on my back as it seems to be moving up my backside. LOL! Anyway, I didn't have time to think about it until after my shot and now, it's beginning again. Just light, right now. Maybe I can sleep in the oatmeal bath, if I need to. It seems to be worse where the elastic in my underware touched my legs and back. Hugs, VickieG

Yep, and got good brand of sheets soft 300 thread count, and that makes it better or maybe in my head. Love ya, GlendaGet a sneak peak of the all-new AOL.com.

Guest guest

Thank you, Glenda. It's easy for now. Got my hubby to help slather the Hydrocortisone on my back as it seems to be moving up my backside. LOL! Anyway, I didn't have time to think about it until after my shot and now, it's beginning again. Just light, right now. Maybe I can sleep in the oatmeal bath, if I need to. It seems to be worse where the elastic in my underware touched my legs and back. Hugs, VickieG

Yep, and got good brand of sheets soft 300 thread count, and that makes it better or maybe in my head. Love ya, GlendaGet a sneak peak of the all-new AOL.com.