Jan

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Jan:

Your email account is showing up. If you want to have a private

email, just for this list (or anything else), you can always use a different

email

address. If is something that others see on your computer and that is

what is concerning you, you can try a different free account like hotmail.

I have AOL and just use this email for anything pertaining to my health. I

have my other personal email account for work and other things.

Not sure from your message if you are concerned about this group or someone

who may know you. You can rest assured ... this is a safe place to come with

your health issues and feelings.

Love and Prayers,

Beth

Thanks Beth I'm off to a better start with this group already. I

sometimes don't explain myself as well as I should due partly to the

pain in my hands that keeps me from be able to type a lot. I cut

corners which I'll try not to do here. My only concern is spam anyone

nice can feel free to email me and my family knows all about me so

not worried there. I'm going to go by Janc so people can tell me from

the other Jan's in the group.

Janc

>

> Jan:

>

> Your email account is showing up. If you want to have a private

> email, just for this list (or anything else), you can always use a

different email

> address. If is something that others see on your computer and

that is

> what is concerning you, you can try a different free account like

hotmail.

> I have AOL and just use this email for anything pertaining to my

health. I

> have my other personal email account for work and other things.

>

> Not sure from your message if you are concerned about this group or

someone

> who may know you. You can rest assured ... this is a safe place to

come with

> your health issues and feelings.

>

> Love and Prayers,

> Beth

>

>

>

>

• 3 years later...

thanks Jan. i probably won't have the infusion unless i get in real

bad pain. and then i won't do it more than once i hope. but who

knows what will happen .... thanks for the tips about osteo.

Leonie

> Hi All, the rheumy wants me to have an IV infusion of

methyl-prednisolone for my pain. I looked up the side effects and

didn't much like them. Trouble is that regular pain killers don't

even touch the sides with this sort of pain. What's the difference

between prednisolone and prednisone ? What about cortisone ? I've

read it before but keep forgetting what each one does and how they

are different. Can you have these with AP ? My knees are killing me

and i can hardly walk... not to mention my other joints. The only

thing to help my knees at this point is the replacements. Gone past

AP on that one. My other joints (elbows, hips, shoulders) are on the

verge of going bung also, so hope the AP stops further damage.

>

> thanks...

>

> ~Leonie

> leoniecent@...

>

> 02 62556202

>

>

• 9 months later...
Guest guest

Jan,

Congratulations! On your son being confirmed. I'm so glad that you found a new Church. We also believe in going to church and both my kids go to religion class each week. We are Catholic - I believe it doesn't matter what religion anyone is - as long as you practice doing good. My kids and myself also get invited to other groups. I like that they get to see different religions that are there but we still practice the Catholic. LOL, they give their religion teacher a challenge when they ask many questions about different religion beliefs that they hear from. Sometimes the teacher doesn't know how to explain or what to say.

It does take lots of time to heal from a loss. But I'm so glad you and your son are doing better. a year really isn't that long but as time goes, it would be easier for you to remember all the nice things about your poppy instead of hurting so much.. (I lost both parents at a young age, I can relate) Sounds like the Geodon is working the way you would like it to work combined with all your hard work with everything you been doing for your son and maturity kicking it. I believe it's all you - that's what's working.

That is amazing that you work in the school and still have to fight like everyone else for services for your son. it's sad that anyone should have to fight for their children's education - but that is the way it is. Like the disability isn't hard enough then you have to fight for an appropriate education to help them learn. And us parents have to be very strong to advocate for our kids or they would get lost in the system without us fighting. I've also learned that school isn't enough for our kids - we also have to get help on the outside and just deal with the expense somehow with all the tutoring, doctors, social skills, therapy, etc... OH and don't forget the gas for traveling. that's like another Hugh bill added to the expenses. LOL....I should of kept a record of that too...and included that into the CSE meetings...I would call it my daily log of expensive I have just so my son can keep up

with the demands of school.

And the topic on homework. I never can understand why they have to spend so much time in school all day to continue more school at home doing homework. Sometimes they get so much homework we can't even plan to do anything fun. and if there is a test coming up - reports - research - etc... we lose that whole week that we can't plan anything. by the time they get finished with homework, it's time for shower and bed.

OH - OOOO am I ranting? LOL

Glad to hear you and your son are doing much better and good luck in school after summer break when it starts up again. WOW - your getting out very soon. for us, school doesn't get out till the very end of this month. UGH! I can't wait..

Rose

From: rushen janice <jrushen@...> Sent: Sunday, June 7, 2009 8:58:01 PMSubject: Re: ( ) Question?

Yes...would you believe it has been a year now that poppy died. My son is doing okay ...I am still depressed and stressed. I joined a new church and they accepted my son and he was confirmed on May 31. He walked up the middle aisle and stood in front with his sponsor. I was so proud. My son didn't look at anyone (ha ha) but I know why...I was just proud that he made it through the classes and then went thru the whole ceremony...with all the kids... Oh, and I bought him a red polo shirt to wear...he put it on and the collar bothered him...he took is off and put on the white one....I said we are suppose to wear red....and then he put the red one back on and said "I 'll just have to deal with it". I thought I was going to fall on the floor. Maybe he is maturing???/

My son is finishing 7th grade ...he did pretty well...I had to push and help him a lot...we only have 7 days left...wow!! !! We put him on Geodon for his anger and that is really helping. It makes him sleepy at night and thus he goes to bed w/o arguing....and he has been so much nicer towards us. And, when he does yell...he often says ...I am sorry. Can you believe it.

In fall, he will start 8th grade in the Jr. High which is across the court yard from his other school. All the schools are on one campus. The Jr. High is big and is for grades 8 and 9. But he will know all his classmates.. .so they will all be in the school new together. I spoke and met with the Spec. Ed. Supervisor, a teacher, the Assistant Principal and my son's case manager ...we spoke all the transition and my son's IEP. They were a little concerned about his sensory breaks ....they were worried he would abuse them and lose academic time. They also told me any make up tests (he can retake any test under 70)...has to be after school so they don't lose academic time. Then I told them I didn't want my son schedule with an academic class at the end of the day since he rides the smaller bus and it leaves earlier...so he misses 15 min. or more of class each day. Oh, they said ...he can take home

worksheets.. .ha ha I said...yeah right...I have a hard time getting him to do homework and you think he is going to do the work sheets???? It truly amazes me that it is okay for him to miss 15 min. of math every day (1 1/4 hours) but not ok if he needs a sensory break? So, I guess it is okay if it is convenient for the school but not if he it convenient for my son. I am taking the wait and see attitude. If I have to ...I will make a big stink...as far as I know...it is really illegal for them to pull my son out early...they are violating his rights to a full day's education. But Iike I said I am going to play the wait and see. Also, I could tell them since they make him miss 1 1/4 hours a week...I want a tutor for that amount of time each week....hmmmmmmmmmm ? Interesting huh...I let you know what happens.

Thanks for asking about poppy....i still miss him and struggle but time is healing the wounds. I keep busy at school working with the 11th graders...next year my student will be in 12th grade. I told them I am going to graduate with them! Ha ha!

After that I have no idea where I will be placed....I like the high school...

Take care,

Love

Jan

PS I am not as knowledgable as Roxanna but I do know a lot about the school system...at least in PA...since I work in it. It is quite interesting being on the inside....ha ha! Learned a lot!

Janice Rushen

"I will try to be open to all avenues of wisdom and hope"

From: beachbodytan2002 <beachbodytan2002>Subject: ( ) Question? Date: Sunday, June 7, 2009, 7:31 AM

I was re-reading our draft IEP and on the top part it says - case manager, not specified.what is a case manager? thanksRose