RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Dilated Pupils (VALERIE)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hey there,

Today s eyes were dialated after she got up and after lunch they were normal. They seem to go back and forth, does this make sense to you?

I just do not understand. They may have been doing this for a long time and I am just noticing it...I don't know.

Have a great week!

Horsley

Mom to 11 Mito complex 1 & 3

Brittney 16 unaffected

Guest guest

Hi guys,

Just wanted to tell you what my Neurologist told me one time when I complained of waking in the middle of the night with a racing heart and EXTREMELY dilated eyes.....When I asked what it meant to have dilated eyes........ He said with a sarcastic tone..."It means you have dilated eyes!"

I got mad.

He wasn't very nice. He never did figure out what was (is) wrong with me. It is taking my son's geneticist to order tests!

My eyes would go back to normal later on.

I only had probems during my accute attack in 2000. I had a lot of demylenation on the right side of my brain.

They just racked it up to be a white matter disease (who knows what kind) NOT MS.. The myelin that is gone is all connected. Unlike , MS, is multiple spots.. If you look at my MRI, it is one big connected area.

Anway, just wanted to comment on the dilated eyes.

I am very interested in any ideas as to what causes it as I never did find out.

Thanks,

Krystena s

mom to

Caden3 ? Warren untested, untested

Hey there,

Today s eyes were dialated after she got up and after lunch they were normal. They seem to go back and forth, does this make sense to you?

I just do not understand. They may have been doing this for a long time and I am just noticing it...I don't know.

Have a great week!

Horsley

Brittney 16 unaffectedPlease contact mito-owner with any problems or questions.

Guest guest

Hi ,

My son's eyes also dilate often - I have been told by our neuro that it most likely is due to autonomic dysfunction and/or seizure activity. Has your daughter ever had an EEG? Also, do you notice other symptoms when the pupils dilate? In our case, my son also has other autonomic symptoms, he spits up alot, gets very red, will drool sometimes etc.

We use clonidine to help with these symptoms and it has been a life saver for us.

H

Hey there,

Have a great week!

Horsley

Guest guest

Hi ,

My son's eyes also dilate often - I have been told by our neuro that it most likely is due to autonomic dysfunction and/or seizure activity. Has your daughter ever had an EEG? Also, do you notice other symptoms when the pupils dilate? In our case, my son also has other autonomic symptoms, he spits up alot, gets very red, will drool sometimes etc.

We use clonidine to help with these symptoms and it has been a life saver for us.

H

Hey there,

Have a great week!

Horsley

Guest guest

Hi ,

H

Hey there,

Have a great week!

Horsley