RemedySpot.com

Mason Jars

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Do you have True Value hardware stores? Mine carries them.

C.

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Tuesday, April 30, 2002 9:18 PM

Subject: Mason Jars

Hello,

I live in Oakland California. Does anyone know what stores carry

mason jars in the SF Bay Area?

Thanks,

Becky

Guest guest

At 11:48 AM 5/1/2002 -0700, you wrote:

>Is there a Wal-Mart out there? Here they carry a fairly decent supply of

>canning goods including jars.

My local grocery stores all seem to carry them (in cases of 12 of so - in

boxes) since many people do home canning.

-=mark=-

Guest guest

Is there a Wal-Mart out there? Here they carry a fairly decent supply of

canning goods including jars.

Carmen

Hello,

I live in Oakland California. Does anyone know what stores carry

mason jars in the SF Bay Area?

Thanks,

Becky

Guest guest

Oops, sorry about that last reply I forgot it was the Digest/summary.

OSH carries differt size mason jars. They have a section for

canning/preserving in their stores.

JJ

> Hello,

>

> I live in Oakland California. Does anyone know what stores carry

> mason jars in the SF Bay Area?

>

> Thanks,

> Becky

Guest guest

Everywhere!

I've bought them from Albertson's, Safeway, Orchard

Supply, Target, etc.

Sometimes they're tucked away in a corner so you have

to ask.

--- Conway <mclcdcmcmc@...> wrote:

> Do you have True Value hardware stores? Mine

> carries them.

>

> C.

> ----- Original Message -----

> From: beckylynnkirby

>

> Sent: Tuesday, April 30, 2002 9:18 PM

> Subject: Mason Jars

>

>

> Hello,

>

> I live in Oakland California. Does anyone know

> what stores carry

> mason jars in the SF Bay Area?

>

> Thanks,

> Becky

>

>

>

• 8 years later...

The problem is that I find the two-piece lids are much better for storing juice. The juice goes as close to the brim as possible and is in contact with the lid seal. This not only means that I can remove the lid with much less chance of spillage if it's in two parts, but that my juice isn't touching plastic. The plastic lids are food-grade but they do affect flavor and I'm all about the taste. Also, the seal is better if the lid is in two parts. I juice for a week at a time and it's critical that I have as little oxygen as possible in the jars (although I've read from other users that vacuum sealing is, with this juice, overkill). So the two-piece lids remain a better choice for me. Also, I'd just be misplacing an entire lid instead of 1/2 of one. :o

"Papa"

Date: Wednesday, January 26, 2011, 11:33 PM

Guys, if you haven't seen this yet, I really recommend watching Vitamix's founder-- G. "Papa" Barnard strutting his stuff on the first-ever infomercial, broadcast in 1949. He's SO cute and SO passionate about his machine! Have a look when you have a few uninterrupted minutes to spare: http://www.vitamix.com/household/infocenter/history_old.asp .

This is SO TRUE - the plastic lids do leak liquid! I use them mostly to store dry stuff.

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Jan 27, 2011, at 11:32 AM, wrote:

The problem is that I find the two-piece lids are much better for storing juice. The juice goes as close to the brim as possible and is in contact with the lid seal. This not only means that I can remove the lid with much less chance of spillage if it's in two parts, but that my juice isn't touching plastic. The plastic lids are food-grade but they do affect flavor and I'm all about the taste. Also, the seal is better if the lid is in two parts. I juice for a week at a time and it's critical that I have as little oxygen as possible in the jars (although I've read from other users that vacuum sealing is, with this juice, overkill). So the two-piece lids remain a better choice for me. Also, I'd just be misplacing an entire lid instead of 1/2 of one. :o

"Papa"

Guys, if you haven't seen this yet, I really recommend watching Vitamix's founder-- G. "Papa" Barnard strutting his stuff on the first-ever infomercial, broadcast in 1949. He's SO cute and SO passionate about his machine! Have a look when you have a few uninterrupted minutes to spare: http://www.vitamix.com/household/infocenter/history_old.asp .

Lea Ann,

I just found the plastic lids this summer and bought a box full. I like using Mason jars to store different things. :) Lorihttp://lifeontheveganedge.blogspot.com/

From: Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...> Sent: Thu, January 27, 2011 10:20:51 AMSubject: Mason Jars

To make this on topic I'll throw in that you can drink Green Smoothies from mason jars ;-)

- I too was always losing the lids (or they were getting worn out). One day at Walmart I discovered plastic lids for mason jars! I bought a bunch of them and now use them for when I use mason jars for storage when I don't need to create a seal. I also buy lots of extra of the sealing kinds of lids because there is nothing more frustrating (to me) than needing a lid and not finding one - you never look for them when you don't NEED them!

Blessings,Lea Ann SavageSatellite Beach, FL(321) 773-7088 (home)(321-961-9219 (cell)))><'>www.VitamixLady.comwww..com<:)))><

On Jan 27, 2011, at 11:15 AM, wrote:

My apartment is overloaded with Mason jars of all sizes (mostly for juicing, now for milk cultures as well), as is my friend Natasha's (my fault). Let's see, we have the regular "pints" and half-pints for juice, the wide-mouth pints for cultures, the regular "quarts" for...and on it goes and despite being scrupulous about putting aside the bands and lid seals, I never seem to have enough of them.

"Papa" Date: Wednesday, January 26, 2011, 11:33 PM

I like the 2 piece lids because I can vacuum seal them with my lid adapter and suck out all of the air. I store EVERYTHING in mason jars, from my grains to frozen food cubes that end up in the Vitamix. I have some of the plastic ones, which I cut holes in to hold my glass straws that I use-keeps the glass straw from rattling against the glass jar!

Subject: "Papa"

brilliant idea, using mason jars with the lids with straws for drinking. my kids

love to have smoothies while we're doing school and on the way to/from

activities/sports, but they need lids and I don't feel good about using

disposable cups. I used to hoard kids' cups from restaurants, but we just don't

eat out that much anymore. I'm thinking I could easily use my drillpress (yep, i

love tools, in the kitchen AND in the garage) to make straw holes in the plastic

tops! yippee!....

Thanks!

Beth

>

> From: Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...>

> Subject: Re: Mason Jars

>

> Date: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 11:35 AM

>

>

>

I used my dremmel tool, lol! I also use the saw blade on my dremmel tool to open coconuts-great way to save the coconut water-I drill a hole, tip out the water, then cut a circle around it. A girls gotta have power tools!From: Beth E <ericsons@...>Subject: Re: Mason Jars Date: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 6:49 PM

brilliant idea, using mason jars with the lids with straws for drinking. my kids love to have smoothies while we're doing school and on the way to/from activities/sports, but they need lids and I don't feel good about using disposable cups. I used to hoard kids' cups from restaurants, but we just don't eat out that much anymore. I'm thinking I could easily use my drillpress (yep, i love tools, in the kitchen AND in the garage) to make straw holes in the plastic tops! yippee!....

Thanks!

Beth

>

> From: Lea Ann Savage <lsavage@...>

> Subject: Re: Mason Jars

>

> Date: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 11:35 AM

>

>

>

, is there anything you CAN'T do lol?? Niki Glover

Central Coast, NSW, Australia

On 28 January 2011 11:13, Berry <berrywell@...> wrote:

I used my dremmel tool, lol!   I also use the saw blade on my dremmel tool to open coconuts-great way to save the coconut water-I drill a hole, tip out the water, then cut a circle around it.  A girls gotta have power tools!

Yes!! Making my millions seems to keep eluding me!

I used my dremmel tool, lol! I also use the saw blade on my dremmel tool to open coconuts-great way to save the coconut water-I drill a hole, tip out the water, then cut a circle around it. A girls gotta have power tools!

Fair enough. It's good to have things to keep aspiring to....

Niki GloverCentral Coast, NSW, Australia

On 28 January 2011 12:20, Berry <berrywell@...> wrote:

Yes!!  Making my millions seems to keep eluding me! 

I used my dremmel tool, lol!   I also use the saw blade on my dremmel tool to open coconuts-great way to save the coconut water-I drill a hole, tip out the water, then cut a circle around it.  A girls gotta have power tools!

and aspiring...and aspiring....and hoping, lol.

I used my dremmel tool, lol! I also use the saw blade on my dremmel tool to open coconuts-great way to save the coconut water-I drill a hole, tip out the water, then cut a circle around it. A girls gotta have power tools!

Now, if we can just get Sears and Roebuck to make a riding vacuum cleaner...From: Peggy Rodgers <hotdogbun2001@...>Subject: Re: Mason Jars" " < >Date: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 9:39 PM

I'm with you, ! Power tools for the girls!! lolPeggy