RemedySpot.com

The following is the letter I would like to get to Rick Santorum if anyone has any contacts

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Senator Santorum:I must admit that I didn’t know much about you before I saw you on a You Tube video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lq5no8mHtm0). It was posted on an autism list I belong to. Even though I knew I would vote Republican or for anyone that would stop what is happening in the White House, I had no idea that would be you. I always liked your honesty, and that you actually have an unwavering opinion on issues. However, when I heard you say “Mama Bear stood up…so after we got the prescription for oxygen,” I knew, since your wife isn’t running, that you were my guy for the White House. The world needs to see that video where you talk about Bella and your family. It needs to be posted on every yahoo health group that parents frequent. Also, it needs to be common knowledge that you’re the sponsor of the Combating Autism Bill. I too am a mama bear. When I was told my son had autism and would never be okay, I set out to prove the “experts” wrong. Fortunately, I found a medical doctor who actually treated my son for the immune issues that were the cause of his autism. What mama bears of children with autism know is that their children do not have a psychiatric disorder with no hope of recovery. The fact is OUR CHILDREN ARE ILL!!! It is long past time to retire the antiquated belief that autism is a psychiatric and developmental disorder. Your election to the presidency would certainly serve to fix what is wrong with our country. But it would also bring attention to a major health issue affecting the thirty five per cent of the population affected with some form of autism or ADHD. The world would change for those suffering if all those “mama bears” learned the truth. With proper medical treatment paired with rehabilitation, kids can get better. Now that I saw your video I want to share one with you. This is a video of my son who the “experts” said would probably end up in an institution or group home. FYI – my son, , graduated from college magna cum laude with a degree in Mechanical Engineering. He did an internship with NASA this summer and now they are paying for his master’s. When he went to Washington to present his internship work, they chose him (out of hundreds) to be featured on, “This Week AT NASA.” Check it out:

not only excelled academically. He pledged and was accepted into Sigma Chi Fraternity and was president of the Jewish Student Association. However, more important than all these accomplishments, was just your typical college student who drank an occasional beer, went on dates, stayed out too late with friends, and then slept through eight o’clock classes. I couldn’t be more proud. I never thought these things were possible when he was that weird little kid who wanted to spend his entire day plugging a radio into every outlet in our house. But we mama bears can do almost anything; even get you elected to the White House. Please contact me for our help. And give your wife a big hug from me. Thanks for listening,Marcia Hinds (Proud Mama Bear) 805 497-8202