RemedySpot.com

strattera help

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Recently, I cave in and started to medicate my child with Strattera( He was only

on it for a month). As I gradually increase his OCD, anxiety verbal humming and

visual stimming got worst. So I stopped about 3 weeks ago. Needless to say the

behaviors have not ceased or decreased in nature. I thought it was yeast ( I am

fighting yeast), thought viral ( I am fighting viral), thought it was

bacteria/parasites ( I am fighting both)....I am at a lost....he has regressed

very badly, the school the therapist and myself dont know what happened. I need

help...the verbal humming with the waving the hands in front of his face and

constant jargon about celebration is driving me crazy.....HELP please!

We are using GabaPlus, which is actually higher in inositol and niacinamide than it is in gaba.But since it'd be hard to tell how he'd react to the combo, I would try the inositol if I were you.We are using about 3000mg but I wouldn't use that much at first just in case you get an unexpected reaction.

It's a powder and pretty sweet so you shouldn't have any problems giving it.The GabaPlus has helped my son's ocd. The one day I forgot to give it to him, he came home with his schoolwork and he had written numbers all over it. he finished one of the problems which was

finish the numbers in the series, 7 8 _ and he wrote 9 and then kept writing all the way up to 50 covering the paper. That assured me that it was working for him hahahah!!

Recently, I cave in and started to medicate my child with Strattera( He was only on it for a month). As I gradually increase his OCD, anxiety verbal humming and visual stimming got worst. So I stopped about 3 weeks ago. Needless to say the behaviors have not ceased or decreased in nature. I thought it was yeast ( I am fighting yeast), thought viral ( I am fighting viral), thought it was bacteria/parasites ( I am fighting both)....I am at a lost....he has regressed very badly, the school the therapist and myself dont know what happened. I need help...the verbal humming with the waving the hands in front of his face and constant jargon about celebration is driving me crazy.....HELP please!

-- --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Click to find info about Vitamins and Minerals:http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150543521682565

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Click to find links to info about the Low Oxalate Diet :http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150543495292565

------Toni------Mind like a steel trap...Rusty and illegal in 37 states.

I know nothing about rx stuff..but i would agree with toni anything that is calming to the brain anything that turns off exitoxicity...5htp..theanine ...calming ,reduces glutamate excess... i used to use those together.

Acetyl lcarnitine, i was just reading helps detox the brain from certain toxins....in this case sounds like the straterra could be considered a toxin...

To: mb12valtrex Sent: Saturday, January 21, 2012 7:32 PMSubject: Re: strattera help

We are using GabaPlus, which is actually higher in inositol and niacinamide than it is in gaba.But since it'd be hard to tell how he'd react to the combo, I would try the inositol if I were you.We are using about 3000mg but I wouldn't use that much at first just in case you get an unexpected reaction.It's a powder and pretty sweet so you shouldn't have any problems giving it.The GabaPlus has helped my son's ocd. The one day I forgot to give it to him, he came home with his schoolwork and he had written numbers all over it. he finished one of the problems which was finish the numbers in the series, 7 8 _ and he wrote 9 and then kept writing all the way up to 50 covering the paper. That assured me that it was working for him hahahah!!

Recently, I cave in and started to medicate my child with Strattera( He was only on it for a month). As I gradually increase his OCD, anxiety verbal humming and visual stimming got worst. So I stopped about 3 weeks ago. Needless to say the behaviors have not ceased or decreased in nature. I thought it was yeast ( I am fighting yeast), thought viral ( I am fighting viral), thought it was bacteria/parasites ( I am fighting both)....I am at a lost....he has regressed very badly, the school the therapist and myself dont know what happened. I need help...the verbal humming with the waving the hands in front of his face and constant jargon about celebration is driving me crazy.....HELP please!

-- --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Click to find info about Vitamins and Minerals:http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150543521682565--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Click to find links to info about the Low Oxalate Diet :http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150543495292565------Toni------Mind like a steel trap...Rusty and illegal in 37 states.

A word of caution on acetyl-l-carnitine... it caused my son's behavior to regress after he was calmed by all the stuff I mentioned.Apparently it is cautioned for use in those with epilepsy/seizure activity, which my son has.

He does still get l-carnitin which does not cros the BBB as easily as acetyl-l-carnitine.

I know nothing about rx stuff..but i would agree with toni anything that is calming to the brain anything that turns off exitoxicity...5htp..theanine ...calming ,reduces glutamate excess...  i used to use those together.

Acetyl lcarnitine, i was just reading helps detox the brain from certain toxins....in this case sounds like the straterra could be considered a toxin...

To: mb12valtrex Sent: Saturday, January 21, 2012 7:32 PM

Subject: Re: strattera help

We are using GabaPlus, which is actually higher in inositol and niacinamide than it is in gaba.But since it'd be hard to tell how he'd react to the combo, I would try the inositol if I were you.

We are using about 3000mg but I wouldn't use that much at first just in case you get an unexpected reaction.It's a powder and pretty sweet so you shouldn't have any problems giving it.The GabaPlus has helped my son's ocd. The one day I forgot to give it to him, he came home with his

schoolwork and he had written numbers all over it. he finished one of the problems which was finish the numbers in the series, 7 8 _ and he wrote 9 and then kept writing all the way up to 50 covering the paper. That assured me that it was working for him hahahah!!

-- --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Click to find info about Vitamins and Minerals:

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150543521682565--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Click to find links to info about the Low Oxalate Diet :http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150543495292565------

Toni------Mind like a steel trap...Rusty and illegal in 37 states.

-- --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Click to find info about Vitamins and Minerals:http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150543521682565

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Click to find links to info about the Low Oxalate Diet :http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150543495292565

We had some odd reactions to acetyl-l-carnitine too -- throwing up and bloody nose for my daughter and throwing up, good awareness and then behavior/sensory regressions (i think at the last but could have been clostridia popping up too) for my son.....thanks Toni for the mention on the seizure stuff...i have been worried about that for my son and was thinking about retrying alcarnitine...think we hold on that one now!!Where do you buy and what kind of inositol products do you recommend? My son does some similar things with the numbers and does have some OCD issues.Many thanks, To: mb12valtrex Sent: Sunday, January 22, 2012 9:49 AM Subject: Re: strattera help

A word of caution on acetyl-l-carnitine... it caused my son's behavior to regress after he was calmed by all the stuff I mentioned.Apparently it is cautioned for use in those with epilepsy/seizure activity, which my son has.

He does still get l-carnitin which does not cros the BBB as easily as acetyl-l-carnitine.

I know nothing about rx stuff..but i would agree with toni anything that is calming to the brain anything that turns off exitoxicity...5htp..theanine ...calming ,reduces glutamate excess... i used to use those together.

We are using GabaPlus, which is actually higher in inositol and niacinamide than it is in gaba.But since it'd be hard to tell how he'd react to the combo, I would try the inositol if I were you.

We are using about 3000mg but I wouldn't use that much at first just in case you get an unexpected reaction.It's a powder and pretty sweet so you shouldn't have any problems giving it.The GabaPlus has helped my son's ocd. The one day I forgot to give it to him, he came home with his

schoolwork and he had written numbers all over it. he finished one of the problems which was finish the numbers in the series, 7 8 _ and he wrote 9 and then kept writing all the way up to 50 covering the paper. That assured me that it was working for him hahahah!!

-- --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Click to find info about Vitamins and Minerals:

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150543521682565--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Click to find links to info about the Low Oxalate Diet :http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150543495292565------

I use GabaPlus from Twinlab, I get it at Vitamin Shoppe and my son who has worse behavior issuesthan my ASD daughter, gets 5 caps. They are very big so may present a problem. He is able to swallow them.My daughter gets 2-3, up to 5, depending on how she is emotionally.

That product is in the amino acid section of vitamin shoppe.In the " B vitamin " section you will find powdered inositol, which you can adjust easier.It is sweet. So no problems taking it.I think OCD levels of inositol therapy are like 3000-15000 mg (that is from my Dr. Google sources,

you might want to look into it. Alek takes 5 caps, I think it's 3000mg inositol but not sure, it might be more than that.)

We had some odd reactions to acetyl-l-carnitine too -- throwing up and bloody nose for my daughter and throwing up, good awareness and then behavior/sensory regressions (i think at the last but could have been clostridia popping up too) for my son.....thanks Toni for the mention on the seizure stuff...i have been worried about that for my son and was thinking about retrying alcarnitine...think we hold on that one now!!

Where do you buy and what kind of inositol products do you recommend? My son does some similar things with the numbers and does have some OCD issues.

Many thanks,

To: mb12valtrex Sent: Sunday, January 22, 2012 9:49 AM

I know nothing about rx stuff..but i would agree with toni anything that is calming to the brain anything that turns off exitoxicity...5htp..theanine ...calming ,reduces glutamate excess...  i used to use those together.

....i wonder if the acetyl l carnitine affects the mercry in the brain and that is what causes the seizures....

To: mb12valtrex Sent: Sunday, January 22, 2012 9:49 AMSubject: Re: strattera help

A word of caution on acetyl-l-carnitine... it caused my son's behavior to regress after he was calmed by all the stuff I mentioned.Apparently it is cautioned for use in those with epilepsy/seizure activity, which my son has.He does still get l-carnitin which does not cros the BBB as easily as acetyl-l-carnitine.

To: mb12valtrex Sent: Saturday, January 21, 2012 7:32 PMSubject: Re: strattera help

We are using GabaPlus, which is actually higher in inositol and niacinamide than it is in gaba.But since it'd be hard to tell how he'd react to the combo, I would try the inositol if I were you.We are using about 3000mg but I wouldn't use that much at first just in case you get an unexpected reaction.It's a powder and pretty sweet so you shouldn't have any problems giving it.The GabaPlus has helped my son's ocd. The one day I forgot to give it to him, he came home with his schoolwork and he had written numbers all over it. he finished one of the problems which was finish the numbers in the series, 7 8 _ and he wrote 9 and then kept writing all the way up to 50 covering the paper. That assured me that it was working for him hahahah!!

-- --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Click to find info about Vitamins and Minerals:http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150543521682565--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Click to find links to info about the Low Oxalate Diet :http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150543495292565------Toni------Mind like a steel trap...Rusty and illegal in 37 states.

It is possible. Him being 5, we just removed the supp. Now, when he's older and maybe in more control of himself,we can try again. I am thinking of AC Chelation in a couple years. I need to get my amalgam out and

then I want to chelate all of us at the same time. I have 3 quadrants left to remove.I was reading last week that diptheria can affect the GABA receptors, and his first seizure was 18 days postDT shot. He is not immune to those either, even though he had 3 of the 4 shots. So it is possible to me that

the bacteria is hiding in there. :-( Obviously since I had 8 amalgams when I was prego with him (existing, not installed!)he has mercury in there too. :-( And I had a flu shot the month before he was conceived and while he was being breastfed.

....i wonder if the acetyl l carnitine  affects the mercry in the brain and that is what causes the seizures....

To: mb12valtrex Sent: Sunday, January 22, 2012 9:49 AM

We are using GabaPlus, which is actually higher in inositol and niacinamide than it is in gaba.But since it'd be hard to tell how he'd react to the combo, I would try the inositol if I were you.We are using about 3000mg but I wouldn't use that much at first just in case you get an unexpected reaction.

It's a powder and pretty sweet so you shouldn't have any problems giving it.The GabaPlus has helped my son's ocd. The one day I forgot to give it to him, he came home with his schoolwork and he had written numbers all over it. he finished one of the problems which was

finish the numbers in the series, 7 8 _ and he wrote 9 and then kept writing all the way up to 50 covering the paper. That assured me that it was working for him hahahah!!

Click to find links to info about the Low Oxalate Diet :http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150543495292565

I know you guys tired of hearing me go on about andy cutler chelation ..but it was such a huge wow for me....i havnt done it in a while but cant wait to get back to it....between the AC chelation and the immusist...its a good combo i thinks..

To: mb12valtrex Sent: Sunday, January 22, 2012 9:19 PMSubject: Re: strattera help

It is possible. Him being 5, we just removed the supp. Now, when he's older and maybe in more control of himself,we can try again. I am thinking of AC Chelation in a couple years. I need to get my amalgam out and then I want to chelate all of us at the same time. I have 3 quadrants left to remove.I was reading last week that diptheria can affect the GABA receptors, and his first seizure was 18 days postDT shot. He is not immune to those either, even though he had 3 of the 4 shots. So it is possible to me thatthe bacteria is hiding in there. :-( Obviously since I had 8 amalgams when I was prego with him (existing, not installed!)he has mercury in there too. :-( And I had a flu shot the month before he was conceived and while he was being breastfed.

....i wonder if the acetyl l carnitine affects the mercry in the brain and that is what causes the seizures....

To: mb12valtrex

Sent: Sunday, January 22, 2012 9:49 AM

A word of caution on acetyl-l-carnitine... it caused my son's behavior to regress after he was calmed by all the stuff I mentioned.Apparently it is cautioned for use in those with epilepsy/seizure activity, which my son has.He does still get l-carnitin which does not cros the BBB as easily as acetyl-l-carnitine.

I was just reading on Dr. Woeller's site a response he had on ALcarnitine. In it he mentioned that carnitine can overproduce acetylcholine and if there is pesticide contamination then acetylcholinesterase can become altered and lead to overstimulation of motor neurons leading to tremors and potential for catatonia. I just looked back at my notes and my son also had tremors the day we introduced Alcarnitine!! To: "mb12valtrex " <mb12valtrex > Sent: Sunday, January 22, 2012 8:48 PM Subject: Re: strattera help

To: mb12valtrex Sent: Sunday, January 22, 2012 9:49 AMSubject: Re: strattera help

Yeah, maybe I won't wait very long. Depends on finances, we are trying to use flexible spending for a lot of stuff.

I know you guys tired of hearing me go on about andy cutler chelation ..but it was such a huge wow for me....i havnt done it in a while but cant wait to get back to it....between the AC chelation and the immusist...its a good combo i thinks..

To: mb12valtrex Sent: Sunday, January 22, 2012 9:19 PM

It is possible. Him being 5, we just removed the supp. Now, when he's older and maybe in more control of himself,we can try again. I am thinking of AC Chelation in a couple years. I need to get my amalgam out and

then I want to chelate all of us at the same time. I have 3 quadrants left to remove.I was reading last week that diptheria can affect the GABA receptors, and his first seizure was 18 days postDT shot. He is not immune to those either, even though he had 3 of the 4 shots. So it is possible to me that

the bacteria is hiding in there. :-( Obviously since I had 8 amalgams when I was prego with him (existing, not installed!)he has mercury in there too. :-( And I had a flu shot the month before he was conceived and while he was being breastfed.

....i wonder if the acetyl l carnitine  affects the mercry in the brain and that is what causes the seizures....

To: mb12valtrex

Sent: Sunday, January 22, 2012 9:49 AM

Click to find links to info about the Low Oxalate Diet :http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150543495292565

my daughter seems to be mellowed out from acetyl lcarnitine. she seems to b sleepier too. i wonder why that is?

Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

;

To:

mb12valtrex <mb12valtrex >;

Subject:

Re: strattera help

Sent:

Mon, Jan 23, 2012 3:43:08 AM

I was just reading on Dr. Woeller's site a response he had on ALcarnitine. In it he mentioned that carnitine can overproduce acetylcholine and if there is pesticide contamination then acetylcholinesterase can become altered and lead to overstimulation of motor neurons leading to tremors and potential for catatonia. I just looked back at my notes and my son also had tremors the day we introduced Alcarnitine!! To: " mb12valtrex " <mb12valtrex > Sent: Sunday, January 22, 2012 8:48 PM Subject: Re: strattera help