RemedySpot.com

Re: Sick and bummed

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Oh girl, we've all been down that road. Smoke STILL comes out of my ears when I think about it.It isn't just the pediatricians where you are. It's that way just about everywhere.You've come a long, long way, Alberta. Much further than most doctors could have taken you. There are days we are spent. Physically, emotionally, financially, cognitively....your flu might be your exhausted body asking for much needed rest.I agree about the therapy...it isn't treating the condition. It's teaching a kid ways to work through (or despite) their condition. I wonder how we'd fair if we had to try it for a week. While I do agree it's beneficial to a certain degree, it wouldn't ne necessary if our kids were

recovered.Some days I want to just throw in the towel....my heart just won't let me. Hang in there and feel better soon,-Tammy To: m12valtrex <mb12valtrex > Sent: Monday, January 23, 2012 11:54 PM Subject: Sick and bummed

I've just spent the past 3 months working on a killer project for work and I'm just approaching the final phase and waiting for some stuff from a client and I came down with a flu that's somewhere between a stomach flu and an achy headachy kind of flu.

I don't normally feel bummed but I think the flu's got me feeling bummed about everything in general. I kind of want to get some stuff off my chest that's been bugging me in the last while so I can just have it off my chest and move on...

1. It really bugs me that the ASD parenting community around me in the real world thinks that EVERYTHING revolves around therapy. It's really annoying. The only answer to our children's issues from many people around me is to pump hundreds of thousands of $$$ (which, btw, we DON'T have) into more therapy. From everything I've encountered for us, a large chunk of it involves neurotransmitters. Pediatricians spew this crap that just doing more therapy alone will make our kids ok and, for us, this is just not the case. For a lot of kids of parents in many of these groups, that's not enough. I've heard stupid things being said like, "Oh supplements won't get your child to speak, THERAPY will..."

They didn't see my daughter in therapy w/o supps. She is definitely showing early signs of language and I've worked really hard at this to squeeze out those first few sentences that still require ginormous amounts of effort from her to make.

In fact, I'm starting to think that w/o biomed to address our very real MEDICAL issues, doing therapy without making neurotransmitters, I might as well hire an exorcist to exorcise the "demons" of autism and apraxia out of her...that's how much sense it makes to me.

I really hate a lot of pediatricians where I'm at.

i hear yah alberta...it bumms me to....I go from trying to feel peace and forgiveness to wanting to go nija warrior on everyone..and I mean every one....when i am around docters I get the uncontrollable urge to hiss at them... undiagnosed terets? and I want to scream at the teachers at my sons school about vaccine damage and enviromental toxins...and parents I want to yell how could they not even be willing to consider there could be more to their childs illness then what they are told by docters..hiss! hiss!.....HISSSSS!!!

..sometimes i almost want to beat my bible over my head screaming PEACE AND SERENITY SURROUND ME NOW! PEACE AND SERENITY SURROUND ME NOW...!!! I got the joy joy joy joy deep in my heart yah! deep in my heart yah.!..shit, fake it till you make it...warior moms cant allow the luxury of hate..it gets in the way of healing....and this is coming from a woman with more baggage then you can fit in a commercial airline....some days i dont get it right and hate and misery trump. but every day i keep trying to forgive those that really did me wrong...

it does suck bein the minority in your community...in my city thier is so little support groups for autism and the few people who i met with autism in thier life are completely against biomed..i met one gal once who did GFCF diet a year ago..(i wanted to follow her home but she didnt feel same)...i think having community is so important...we all need that...and when we are shunned for our beliefs by our community it leaves a person feeling isolated....

Eh....what can you do? It is what it is...you got us..

channa

To: m12valtrex <mb12valtrex > Sent: Monday, January 23, 2012 11:54 PMSubject: Sick and bummed

I've just spent the past 3 months working on a killer project for work and I'm just approaching the final phase and waiting for some stuff from a client and I came down with a flu that's somewhere between a stomach flu and an achy headachy kind of flu. I don't normally feel bummed but I think the flu's got me feeling bummed about everything in general. I kind of want to get some stuff off my chest that's been bugging me in the last while so I can just have it off my chest and move on...1. It really bugs me that the ASD parenting community around me in the real world thinks that EVERYTHING revolves around therapy. It's really annoying. The only answer to our children's issues from many people around me is to pump hundreds of thousands of $$$ (which, btw, we DON'T have) into more therapy. From everything I've encountered for us, a large chunk of it involves neurotransmitters. Pediatricians spew this

crap that just doing more therapy alone will make our kids ok and, for us, this is just not the case. For a lot of kids of parents in many of these groups, that's not enough. I've heard stupid things being said like, "Oh supplements won't get your child to speak, THERAPY will..."They didn't see my daughter in therapy w/o supps. She is definitely showing early signs of language and I've worked really hard at this to squeeze out those first few sentences that still require ginormous amounts of effort from her to make. In fact, I'm starting to think that w/o biomed to address our very real MEDICAL issues, doing therapy without making neurotransmitters, I might as well hire an exorcist to exorcise the "demons" of autism and apraxia out of her...that's how much sense it makes to me. I really hate a lot of pediatricians where I'm at.

For us, nothing was sticking with Alek till we got the right biomed going. NOW the therapy works. I can see a couple yrs from now, him not NEEDing all this stuff b/c he will be able to control himselfb/c the therapy will have reached him.

I would say it has probably been the same with Gabi, but she has always been very social and tuned in,her biggest issue being sound sensitivity, so she would be one that SOME people would think did fine " with just therapy " because nothing has been miraculous with her (save vitamin A/CLO where she

started giving eye contact for snapshots; not something other people would notice)Very few people get it here either.

I've just spent the past 3 months working on a killer project for work and I'm just approaching the final phase and waiting for some stuff from a client and I came down with a flu that's somewhere between a stomach flu and an achy headachy kind of flu.  

I don't normally feel bummed but I think the flu's got me feeling bummed about everything in general.  I kind of want to get some stuff off my chest that's been bugging me in the last while so I can just have it off my chest and move on...

1. It really bugs me that the ASD parenting community around me in the real world thinks that EVERYTHING revolves around therapy.  It's really annoying.  The only answer to our children's issues from many people around me is to pump hundreds of thousands of $$$ (which, btw, we DON'T have) into more therapy.  From everything I've encountered for us, a large chunk of it involves neurotransmitters.  Pediatricians spew this crap that just doing more therapy alone will make our kids ok and, for us, this is just not the case.  For a lot of kids of parents in many of these groups, that's not enough.  I've heard stupid things being said like, " Oh supplements won't get your child to speak, THERAPY will... "

They didn't see my daughter in therapy w/o supps.  She is definitely showing early signs of language and I've worked really hard at this to squeeze out those first few sentences that still require ginormous amounts of effort from her to make.  

In fact, I'm starting to think that w/o biomed to address our very real MEDICAL issues, doing therapy without making neurotransmitters, I might as well hire an exorcist to exorcise the " demons " of autism and apraxia out of her...that's how much sense it makes to me.  

I really hate a lot of pediatricians where I'm at.  

-- --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Click to find info about Vitamins and Minerals:http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150543521682565

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Click to find links to info about the Low Oxalate Diet :http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150543495292565

------Toni------Mind like a steel trap...Rusty and illegal in 37 states.

Alberta,

We had an IEP meeting today and since my son has shown improvement in the lasr

few months because of biomed, the teachers were so happy and were trying to take

credit for whatever progress he has made. Last year, thr teacher always

complained about him and now they think that they did something in four months

which finally gave him back some speech all of a sudden. At least the private OT

appreciates the fact that biomed is helping. My own family does'nt consider me

MD any more as I talk about food causing anxiety and use broth and soups when my

kids have a cold instead of meds. It will take several years before people will

realize what biomed is and why our kids are sick.

is

>

> I've just spent the past 3 months working on a killer project for work and

> I'm just approaching the final phase and waiting for some stuff from a

> client and I came down with a flu that's somewhere between a stomach flu

> and an achy headachy kind of flu.

>

> I don't normally feel bummed but I think the flu's got me feeling bummed

> about everything in general. I kind of want to get some stuff off my chest

> that's been bugging me in the last while so I can just have it off my chest

> and move on...

>

> 1. It really bugs me that the ASD parenting community around me in the real

> world thinks that EVERYTHING revolves around therapy. It's really

> annoying. The only answer to our children's issues from many people around

> me is to pump hundreds of thousands of $$$ (which, btw, we DON'T have) into

> more therapy. From everything I've encountered for us, a large chunk of it

> involves neurotransmitters. Pediatricians spew this crap that just doing

> more therapy alone will make our kids ok and, for us, this is just not the

> case. For a lot of kids of parents in many of these groups, that's not

> enough. I've heard stupid things being said like, " Oh supplements won't

> get your child to speak, THERAPY will... "

>

> They didn't see my daughter in therapy w/o supps. She is definitely

> showing early signs of language and I've worked really hard at this to

> squeeze out those first few sentences that still require ginormous amounts

> of effort from her to make.

>

> In fact, I'm starting to think that w/o biomed to address our very real

> MEDICAL issues, doing therapy without making neurotransmitters, I might as

> well hire an exorcist to exorcise the " demons " of autism and apraxia out of

> her...that's how much sense it makes to me.

>

> I really hate a lot of pediatricians where I'm at.

>

Unfortunately that's the way it is. I am a cna at a hospital in las vegas nv, I

worke around nurses and dr who have kids with autism, but they can't see any

farther then their own nose, whenever I talk about biome n how much my son have

improve they looke at me like I am some crazy ignorant, even my kids

pediatricians she has twin autistic boys which is why I choose her thinking she

would know about the subject, but not I have to fihgd with all I have to get a

simple allergy test done. When I told her about the treatment I was doing for my

son, she say you known that is not traditional medicine right? I say yes I

know! Traditional medicine has done nothing for my son apart from making him

sick. Funny thing is when I teke my son to her office now I have to remain her

that he's autistic cause he know look at her in the eyes when she's taking,

response appropriate to her q n he doesn't destroy her office anymore.

>

> i hear yah alberta...it bumms me to....I go from trying to feel peace and

forgiveness to wanting to go nija warrior on everyone..and I mean every

one....when i am around docters I get the uncontrollable urge to hiss at them...

undiagnosed terets?  and I want to scream at the teachers at my sons school

about vaccine damage and enviromental toxins...and parents I want to yell how

could they not even be willing to consider there could be more to their childs

illness then what they are told by docters..hiss! hiss!.....HISSSSS!!!

> .sometimes i almost want to beat my bible over my head screaming PEACE AND

SERENITY SURROUND ME NOW! PEACE AND SERENITY SURROUND ME NOW...!!! I got the joy

joy joy joy deep in my heart yah! deep in my heart yah.!..shit, fake it till

you make it...warior moms cant allow the luxury of hate..it gets in the way of

healing....and this is coming from a woman with more baggage then you can fit in

a commercial airline....some days i dont get it right and hate and misery trump.

but every day i keep trying to forgive those that really did me wrong...

> it does suck bein the minority in your community...in my city thier is so

little support groups for autism and the few people who i met with autism in

thier life are completely against biomed..i met one gal once who did GFCF diet a

year ago..(i wanted to follow her home but she didnt feel same)...i think having

community is so important...we all need that...and when we are shunned for our

beliefs by our community it leaves a person feeling isolated....

> Eh....what can you do?    It is what it is...you got us..

> Â

> channa

>

>

> ________________________________

>

> To: m12valtrex <mb12valtrex >

> Sent: Monday, January 23, 2012 11:54 PM

> Subject: Sick and bummed

>

>

> Â

> I've just spent the past 3 months working on a killer project for work and I'm

just approaching the final phase and waiting for some stuff from a client and I

came down with a flu that's somewhere between a stomach flu and an achy headachy

kind of flu. Â

>

> I don't normally feel bummed but I think the flu's got me feeling bummed about

everything in general. Â I kind of want to get some stuff off my chest that's

been bugging me in the last while so I can just have it off my chest and move

on...

>

world thinks that EVERYTHING revolves around therapy. Â It's really annoying. Â

The only answer to our children's issues from many people around me is to pump

hundreds of thousands of $$$ (which, btw, we DON'T have) into more therapy. Â

From everything I've encountered for us, a large chunk of it involves

neurotransmitters. Â Pediatricians spew this crap that just doing more therapy

alone will make our kids ok and, for us, this is just not the case. Â For a lot

of kids of parents in many of these groups, that's not enough. Â I've heard

stupid things being said like, " Oh supplements won't get your child to speak,

THERAPY will... "

>

> They didn't see my daughter in therapy w/o supps. Â She is definitely showing

early signs of language and I've worked really hard at this to squeeze out those

first few sentences that still require ginormous amounts of effort from her to

make. Â

>

MEDICAL issues, doing therapy without making neurotransmitters, I might as well

hire an exorcist to exorcise the " demons " of autism and apraxia out of

her...that's how much sense it makes to me. Â

>

> I really hate a lot of pediatricians where I'm at. Â

>

My son's apraxia is totally infectious. 7 months ago he was entirely mute,

despite the ability to write full sentences and now (although he is still

difficult to understand) he can repeat any length sentence you ask him to. For

my son, the addition of valtrex and a rotation of parasitic meds to his lyme and

antifungal routine has been the ticket. The antiparasitics have been HUGE.

We have often been sick and bummed. He has been up and down and almost back at

square 1 so many times. You just need to find the next new thing to get you all

going again.

>

>

> and move on...

>

>

>

>

>

I think you're right, Caryn, I need to go after the parasites more aggressively than just as an afterthought like I have before.  I've been thinking about that lately.

My son's apraxia is totally infectious. 7 months ago he was entirely mute, despite the ability to write full sentences and now (although he is still difficult to understand) he can repeat any length sentence you ask him to. For my son, the addition of valtrex and a rotation of parasitic meds to his lyme and antifungal routine has been the ticket. The antiparasitics have been HUGE.

We have often been sick and bummed. He has been up and down and almost back at square 1 so many times. You just need to find the next new thing to get you all going again.

>

>

> and move on...

>

>

>

>

>

My kids were recovered on biomed alone. Two had speech therapy before

biomed came along, and all it did was get them to pronounce words. Not

enough to do regular school. I adopted one who had speech therapy,

stopped it and only did biomed to finish her language acquistion. I

have three others who gained speech on biomed alone. I researched alot

and discovered that most with autism have it due to medical problems, so

I treated them only medically once I learned that. But, I do think that

behavioral and speech therapy can help. I feel that mostly, higher

level social skills, such as reading social cues and responding

correctly, is needed, but I don't really see that being done. My kids

all learned the basic stuff of communicating, walking non-clumsily or

non-stiffly, playing, laughing, etc. just on biomed. But, I do have to

teach them appropriate behaviors, which is similar to what you would

teach a neurotypical child.

Love and prayers,

Heidi N

Pediatricians spew this crap that just doing

more therapy alone will make our kids ok and, for us, this is just not the

case. For a lot of kids of parents in many of these groups, that's not

enough. I've heard stupid things being said like, " Oh supplements won't

get your child to speak, THERAPY will... "

Thanks, you guys...I like kind of venting here sometimes because you guys know where I'm coming from.  I sometimes even feel like I don't connect with a lot of parents of ASD kids in my community because it seems like no one believes in biomed.  They keep quoting to me what their pediatrician says and it's really sad. 

I'm glad you guys are here to keep my morale up.Hey, Miss Maia really brightened up my day today.  I picked her up from school and as we were driving home and we were listening to her Elmo CD in the car, I asked her, " So did you have fun today?  Did you play with your friends? "

She REPLIED: " Noooooo, I worh (work -- she doesn't have her " k " sound yet). "   (means that she and her EA were doing table work). Aaaaaahhhhhhhh!  But she ANSWERED me with a short sentence!   Aaaahhhhh!  OK, my morale is back up again. Onward we march...

Awesome so happy for you.Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2012 5:47 PMTo: mb12valtrex Subject: Re: Re: Sick and bummed Thanks, you guys...I like kind of venting here sometimes because you guys know where I'm coming from. I sometimes even feel like I don't connect with a lot of parents of ASD kids in my community because it seems like no one believes in biomed. They keep quoting to me what their pediatrician says and it's really sad. I'm glad you guys are here to keep my morale up.Hey, Miss Maia really brightened up my day today. I picked her up from school and as we were driving home and we were listening to her Elmo CD in the car, I asked her, "So did you have fun today? Did you play with your friends?"She REPLIED: "Noooooo, I worh (work -- she doesn't have her "k" sound yet)." (means that she and her EA were doing table work). Aaaaaahhhhhhhh! But she ANSWERED me with a short sentence! Aaaahhhhh! OK, my morale is back up again. Onward we march...[The entire original message is not included]=

Agreed! I had to quit going to the support group in our area because they all thought I was some sort of an alien for doing bio-medical treatments. Plus, they serve regular pizza with Coke for the meal. When I asked if it was gluten free/casien free pizza, I was nearly laughed out of the building. I live in Houston, Texas and as far as biomedical or anything geared toward healing or curing the mis-diagnosed children who are labeled "autistic" is non-existent here. Houston, Texas is the mecca of medical treatment and research and still there is nothing. We use docs in California. The people here are just as closed minded. I only know of two other individuals here who do biomedicals.

Kerri

To: mb12valtrex Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2012 6:45 PMSubject: RE: Re: Sick and bummed

Awesome so happy for you.

Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2012 5:47 PMTo: mb12valtrex Subject: Re: Re: Sick and bummed

Thanks, you guys...I like kind of venting here sometimes because you guys know where I'm coming from. I sometimes even feel like I don't connect with a lot of parents of ASD kids in my community because it seems like no one believes in biomed. They keep quoting to me what their pediatrician says and it's really sad. I'm glad you guys are here to keep my morale up.Hey, Miss Maia really brightened up my day today. I picked her up from school and as we were driving home and we were listening to her Elmo CD in the car, I asked her, "So did you have fun today? Did you play with your friends?"She REPLIED: "Noooooo, I worh (work -- she doesn't have her "k" sound yet)." (means that she and her EA were doing table work). Aaaaaahhhhhhhh! But she ANSWERED me with a short sentence! Aaaahhhhh! OK, my morale is back up again. Onward we march...

[The entire original message is not included]=

we should start a " biomed autism rants and raves " groups where we can bitch

about the bad days and celebrate the milestones.

do you have a TACA (www.talkaboutcuringautism.org) group in your area? I've

found some really great people and like-minded parents in that group. They have

monthly speakers such as DAN dr's, nutritionists, IEP lawyers, etc.

If i see another documentry on autism complaining about the lack of therapies

available to kids while all the spectrum kids in the documentary are eating

doritos and ice cream sandwiches without any mention of diet, i'm gonna throw a

remote through the TV!

>

> Agreed!  I had to quit going to the support group in our area because they

all thought I was some sort of an alien for doing bio-medical treatments. 

Plus, they serve regular pizza with Coke for the meal.  When I asked if it was

gluten free/casien free pizza, I was nearly laughed out of the building.  I

live in Houston, Texas and as far as biomedical or anything geared toward

healing or curing the mis-diagnosed children who are labeled " autistic " is

non-existent here.  Houston, Texas is the mecca of medical treatment and

research and still there is nothing.  We use docs in California.  The people

here are just as closed minded.  I only know of two other individuals here who

do biomedicals. 

> Kerri

>

>

>

> To: mb12valtrex

> Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2012 6:45 PM

> Subject: RE: Re: Sick and bummed

>

>

>  

> Awesome so happy for you.

>

>

>

>

> Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2012 5:47 PM

> To: mb12valtrex

> Subject: Re: Re: Sick and bummed

>

>  

> Thanks, you guys...I like kind of venting here sometimes because you guys know

where I'm coming from.  I sometimes even feel like I don't connect with a lot

of parents of ASD kids in my community because it seems like no one believes in

biomed.  They keep quoting to me what their pediatrician says and it's really

sad. 

>

> I'm glad you guys are here to keep my morale up.

>

> Hey, Miss Maia really brightened up my day today.  I picked her up from

school and as we were driving home and we were listening to her Elmo CD in the

car, I asked her, " So did you have fun today?  Did you play with your friends? "

>

> She REPLIED: " Noooooo, I worh (work -- she doesn't have her " k " sound yet). "  

(means that she and her EA were doing table work). Aaaaaahhhhhhhh!  But she

ANSWERED me with a short sentence!   Aaaahhhhh!  OK, my morale is back up

again. Onward we march...

>

>

>

>

> [The entire original message is not included]=

>

The johnson center in austinSent: Tuesday, January 24, 2012 8:40 PMTo: mb12valtrex <mb12valtrex >Subject: Re: Re: Sick and bummed Agreed! I had to quit going to the support group in our area because they all thought I was some sort of an alien for doing bio-medical treatments. Plus, they serve regular pizza with Coke for the meal. When I asked if it was gluten free/casien free pizza, I was nearly laughed out of the building. I live in Houston, Texas and as far as biomedical or anything geared toward healing or curing the mis-diagnosed children who are labeled "autistic" is non-existent here. Houston, Texas is the mecca of medical treatment and research and still there is nothing. We use docs in California. The people here are just as closed minded. I only know of two other individuals here who do biomedicals. Kerri[The entire original message is not included]=

Oddly enough, when we started addressing the metabolic problems, a lot more foods are accessible to my kids now.  My son used to be very very sensitive to gluten -- something with even traces of gluten caused him to hand flap and toe walk.  After adding in carnitine support for about 6 months and a good b-complex, he's been able to eat gluten without any issues.  My daughter can tolerate it in moderation without negative effects (although she still does go into gluten overload after time).  Still not soy or corn, though, which I think are the real allergens for her.  And, for some reason, rice gives her the under-eye shiners. The problem with gluten for my kids seems to be metabolic...but it seems to be for all carbohydrates, not just gluten.  We have experienced a lot of problems with even gluten-free grains and starches.

Coke and pizza? How terrible. I got a lot of BS here n good ole Mississippi as well for doing biomeds. Hang in because they do help. My son, age 7 will go back to stimming, agressive,irrational behavior when we stop the biomeds and diet. We SEE the difference. His tutors see the difference. So let them laugh and keep their kids on all their drugs! You are healing your child. Hats off to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Always Call

Christie Gravatt

We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience!

Subject: Re: Re: Sick and bummedTo: "mb12valtrex " <mb12valtrex >Date: Tuesday, January 24, 2012, 8:40 PM

Agreed! I had to quit going to the support group in our area because they all thought I was some sort of an alien for doing bio-medical treatments. Plus, they serve regular pizza with Coke for the meal. When I asked if it was gluten free/casien free pizza, I was nearly laughed out of the building. I live in Houston, Texas and as far as biomedical or anything geared toward healing or curing the mis-diagnosed children who are labeled "autistic" is non-existent here. Houston, Texas is the mecca of medical treatment and research and still there is nothing. We use docs in California. The people here are just as closed minded. I only know of two other individuals here who do biomedicals.

Kerri

To: mb12valtrex Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2012 6:45 PMSubject: RE: Re: Sick and bummed

Awesome so happy for you.

Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2012 5:47 PMTo: mb12valtrex Subject: Re: Re: Sick and

bummed

Thanks, you guys...I like kind of venting here sometimes because you guys know where I'm coming from. I sometimes even feel like I don't connect with a lot of parents of ASD kids in my community because it seems like no one believes in biomed. They keep quoting to me what their pediatrician says and it's really sad. I'm glad you guys are here to keep my morale up.Hey, Miss Maia really brightened up my day today. I picked her up from school and as we were driving home and we were listening to her Elmo CD in the car, I asked her, "So did you have fun today? Did you play with your friends?"She REPLIED: "Noooooo, I worh (work -- she doesn't have her "k" sound yet)." (means that she and her EA were doing table work). Aaaaaahhhhhhhh! But she ANSWERED me with a short sentence! Aaaahhhhh! OK, my morale is back up again. Onward we march...

[The entire original message is not included]=

I understand. We dd bio meds, supplements and diet change only. NO therapy. My son is doing great! A little OCD about germs, still plays alone n hs world at times, but will socialize well and speech, maybe at a 5 year old level and he is 7. He will catch up. He is soooooo much better and "with us" now. Personally, I believe we can give our kids all the therapy they need. After all, who knows them better than us. Just my opinion.

Always Call

Christie Gravatt

We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience!

Subject: Sick and bummedTo: "m12valtrex" <mb12valtrex >Date: Monday, January 23, 2012, 10:54 PM

I've just spent the past 3 months working on a killer project for work and I'm just approaching the final phase and waiting for some stuff from a client and I came down with a flu that's somewhere between a stomach flu and an achy headachy kind of flu. I don't normally feel bummed but I think the flu's got me feeling bummed about everything in general. I kind of want to get some stuff off my chest that's been bugging me in the last while so I can just have it off my chest and move on...1. It really bugs me that the ASD parenting community around me in the real world thinks that EVERYTHING revolves around therapy. It's really annoying. The only answer to our children's issues from many people around me is to pump hundreds of thousands of $$$ (which, btw, we DON'T have) into more therapy. From everything I've encountered for us, a large chunk of it involves neurotransmitters. Pediatricians spew this

crap that just doing more therapy alone will make our kids ok and, for us, this is just not the case. For a lot of kids of parents in many of these groups, that's not enough. I've heard stupid things being said like, "Oh supplements won't get your child to speak, THERAPY will..."They didn't see my daughter in therapy w/o supps. She is definitely showing early signs of language and I've worked really hard at this to squeeze out those first few sentences that still require ginormous amounts of effort from her to make. In fact, I'm starting to think that w/o biomed to address our very real MEDICAL issues, doing therapy without making neurotransmitters, I might as well hire an exorcist to exorcise the "demons" of autism and apraxia out of her...that's how much sense it makes to me. I really hate a lot of pediatricians where I'm at.

that gives me so much comfort christie thank you for sharing that....my son has no therapy at all....the school didnt give my son any services at all...i knew a autism mom who told me that the school got really nasty with her when she had to fight so hard to get services and i decided i would pick my battles and as long as the school respected my wishes about his food i was goin to leave the rest alone..

but it left me sad thinking my son was somehow missing out on all these services he doesnt get...

i just have to get off my butt and start doing therapy with him myself..

channa

To: mb12valtrex Sent: Wednesday, January 25, 2012 11:01 AMSubject: Re: Sick and bummed

I understand. We dd bio meds, supplements and diet change only. NO therapy. My son is doing great! A little OCD about germs, still plays alone n hs world at times, but will socialize well and speech, maybe at a 5 year old level and he is 7. He will catch up. He is soooooo much better and "with us" now. Personally, I believe we can give our kids all the therapy they need. After all, who knows them better than us. Just my opinion.

Always Call

Christie Gravatt

Subject: Sick and bummedTo: "m12valtrex" <mb12valtrex >Date: Monday, January 23, 2012, 10:54 PM

I've just spent the past 3 months working on a killer project for work and I'm just approaching the final phase and waiting for some stuff from a client and I came down with a flu that's somewhere between a stomach flu and an achy headachy kind of flu. I don't normally feel bummed but I think the flu's got me feeling bummed about everything in general. I kind of want to get some stuff off my chest that's been bugging me in the last while so I can just have it off my chest and move on...1. It really bugs me that the ASD parenting community around me in the real world thinks that EVERYTHING revolves around therapy. It's really annoying. The only answer to our children's issues from many people around me is to pump hundreds of thousands of $$$ (which, btw, we DON'T have) into more therapy. From everything I've encountered for us, a large chunk of it involves neurotransmitters. Pediatricians spew

this crap that just doing more therapy alone will make our kids ok and, for us, this is just not the case. For a lot of kids of parents in many of these groups, that's not enough. I've heard stupid things being said like, "Oh supplements won't get your child to speak, THERAPY will..."They didn't see my daughter in therapy w/o supps. She is definitely showing early signs of language and I've worked really hard at this to squeeze out those first few sentences that still require ginormous amounts of effort from her to make. In fact, I'm starting to think that w/o biomed to address our very real MEDICAL issues, doing therapy without making neurotransmitters, I might as well hire an exorcist to exorcise the "demons" of autism and apraxia out of her...that's how much sense it makes to me. I really hate a lot of pediatricians where I'm at.

HUGE! Awesome!!!! :-)

Thanks, you guys...I like kind of venting here sometimes because you guys know where I'm coming from.  I sometimes even feel like I don't connect with a lot of parents of ASD kids in my community because it seems like no one believes in biomed.  They keep quoting to me what their pediatrician says and it's really sad. 

I'm glad you guys are here to keep my morale up.Hey, Miss Maia really brightened up my day today.  I picked her up from school and as we were driving home and we were listening to her Elmo CD in the car, I asked her, " So did you have fun today?  Did you play with your friends? "

She REPLIED: " Noooooo, I worh (work -- she doesn't have her " k " sound yet). "   (means that she and her EA were doing table work). Aaaaaahhhhhhhh!  But she ANSWERED me with a short sentence!   Aaaahhhhh!  OK, my morale is back up again. Onward we march...

-- --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Click to find info about Vitamins and Minerals:http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150543521682565

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Click to find links to info about the Low Oxalate Diet :http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150543495292565

------Toni------Mind like a steel trap...Rusty and illegal in 37 states.

Channa,Have you looked into RDI? Not paying someone, but reading the books and using youtube to teach you?RDI is usually taught to you and moderated by a trained therapist, but you can do it all yourself.

that gives me so much comfort christie thank you for sharing that....my son has no therapy at all....the school didnt give my son any services at all...i knew a autism mom who told me that the school got really nasty with her when she had to fight so hard to get services and i decided i would pick my battles and as long as the school respected my wishes about his food i was goin to leave the rest alone..

but it left me sad thinking  my son was somehow missing out on all these services he doesnt get...

channa-- --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Click to find info about Vitamins and Minerals:

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150543521682565--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Click to find links to info about the Low Oxalate Diet :http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150543495292565------

Toni------Mind like a steel trap...Rusty and illegal in 37 states.

i have heard of RDI but never thought it was something one could learn on their own....i will look into thanks!

channa

To: mb12valtrex Sent: Wednesday, January 25, 2012 12:31 PMSubject: Re: Sick and bummed

Channa,Have you looked into RDI? Not paying someone, but reading the books and using youtube to teach you?RDI is usually taught to you and moderated by a trained therapist, but you can do it all yourself.

that gives me so much comfort christie thank you for sharing that....my son has no therapy at all....the school didnt give my son any services at all...i knew a autism mom who told me that the school got really nasty with her when she had to fight so hard to get services and i decided i would pick my battles and as long as the school respected my wishes about his food i was goin to leave the rest alone..

but it left me sad thinking my son was somehow missing out on all these services he doesnt get...

channa-- --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Click to find info about Vitamins and Minerals:http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150543521682565--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Click to find links to info about the Low Oxalate Diet :http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150543495292565------Toni------Mind like a steel trap...Rusty and illegal in 37 states.

Congrats to you!!!!! Warrior moms do not "treat symptoms, we heal"!!!!!!!

Always Call

Christie Gravatt

-- --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Click to find info about Vitamins and Minerals:http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150543521682565--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Click to find links to info about the Low Oxalate Diet :http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150543495292565------Toni------Mind like a steel trap...Rusty and illegal in 37 states.

i love this group it is my absolute fav and im on a million groups....because of the fact we all are for the most part nose to the grind stone...we are lookin to recover our kids...we are lookin for answers but at the same time every once in a while we can be human and bitch about the unfairness of things...

most groups either your talking about just biomed or just bitching....its nice to be able to share our feelings with moms who are doin the same things biomed stuff..its a good balance here of everything and the smartest gals on the freaking planet

To: mb12valtrex Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2012 10:26 PMSubject: Re: Sick and bummed

we should start a "biomed autism rants and raves" groups where we can bitch about the bad days and celebrate the milestones. do you have a TACA (www.talkaboutcuringautism.org) group in your area? I've found some really great people and like-minded parents in that group. They have monthly speakers such as DAN dr's, nutritionists, IEP lawyers, etc.If i see another documentry on autism complaining about the lack of therapies available to kids while all the spectrum kids in the documentary are eating doritos and ice cream sandwiches without any mention of diet, i'm gonna throw a remote through the TV! >> Agreed! I had to quit going to the

support group in our area because they all thought I was some sort of an alien for doing bio-medical treatments. Plus, they serve regular pizza with Coke for the meal. When I asked if it was gluten free/casien free pizza, I was nearly laughed out of the building. I live in Houston, Texas and as far as biomedical or anything geared toward healing or curing the mis-diagnosed children who are labeled "autistic" is non-existent here. Houston, Texas is the mecca of medical treatment and research and still there is nothing. We use docs in California. The people here are just as closed minded. I only know of two other individuals here who do biomedicals. > Kerri> > > ________________________________> > To: mb12valtrex > Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2012 6:45 PM> Subject: RE: Re: Sick and bummed> > >  > Awesome so happy for you.> > > > ________________________________> > Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2012 5:47 PM> To: mb12valtrex > Subject: Re: Re: Sick and bummed> >  > Thanks, you guys...I like kind of venting here sometimes because you guys know where I'm coming from. I sometimes even feel like I don't connect with a lot of parents of ASD kids in my community because it seems like no one believes in biomed. They keep quoting to me what their

pediatrician says and it's really sad. > > I'm glad you guys are here to keep my morale up.> > Hey, Miss Maia really brightened up my day today. I picked her up from school and as we were driving home and we were listening to her Elmo CD in the car, I asked her, "So did you have fun today? Did you play with your friends?"> > She REPLIED: "Noooooo, I worh (work -- she doesn't have her "k" sound yet)." (means that she and her EA were doing table work). Aaaaaahhhhhhhh! But she ANSWERED me with a short sentence!  Aaaahhhhh! OK, my morale is back up again. Onward we march...> > > > > [The entire original message is not included]=>

Do you know if all supplements can be given in methyl form. I believe my son has same issues. Weve been on bio for over a year but what really showed results was methy b and trans glutatione cream.Sent: Wednesday, January 25, 2012 4:46 AMTo: mb12valtrex Subject: Re: Re: Sick and bummed Oddly enough, when we started addressing the metabolic problems, a lot more foods are accessible to my kids now. My son used to be very very sensitive to gluten -- something with even traces of gluten caused him to hand flap and toe walk. After adding in carnitine support for about 6 months and a good b-complex, he's been able to eat gluten without any issues. My daughter can tolerate it in moderation without negative effects (although she still does go into gluten overload after time). Still not soy or corn, though, which I think are the real allergens for her. And, for some reason, rice gives her the under-eye shiners. The problem with gluten for my kids seems to be metabolic...but it seems to be for all carbohydrates, not just gluten. We have experienced a lot of problems with even gluten-free grains and starches.[The entire original message is not included]=

That is so unfortunate that the school has let you down. Even though we do not usually take the advice of the "regular" doctors, we use a neurologist in the Texas Med. Center to simply get a prescription or referral stating how many hours of OT, speech, ABA, etc is necessary for our child. If you have this in hand, the school can not decline him the services. Request an ARD and go in with the written recommendations from your doctor and see what happens. I am armed with them for our ARD in Feb. Momma's packin the ammo! LOL!

Kerri

To: "mb12valtrex " <mb12valtrex > Sent: Wednesday, January 25, 2012 10:23 AMSubject: Re: Sick and bummed

channa

To: mb12valtrex Sent: Wednesday, January 25, 2012 11:01 AMSubject: Re: Sick and bummed

Always Call

Christie Gravatt

I've just spent the past 3 months working on a killer project for work and I'm just approaching the final phase and waiting for some stuff from a client and I came down with a flu that's somewhere between a stomach flu and an achy headachy kind of flu. I don't normally feel bummed but I think the flu's got me feeling bummed about everything in general. I kind of want to get some stuff off my chest that's been bugging me in the last while so I can just have it off my chest and move on... 1. It really bugs me that the ASD parenting community around me in the real world thinks that EVERYTHING revolves around therapy. It's really annoying. The only answer to our children's issues from many people around me is to pump hundreds of thousands of $$$ (which, btw, we DON'T have) into more therapy. From everything I've encountered for us, a large chunk of it involves neurotransmitters. Pediatricians spew this crap that just

doing more therapy alone will make our kids ok and, for us, this is just not the case. For a lot of kids of parents in many of these groups, that's not enough. I've heard stupid things being said like, "Oh supplements won't get your child to speak, THERAPY will..." They didn't see my daughter in therapy w/o supps. She is definitely showing early signs of language and I've worked really hard at this to squeeze out those first few sentences that still require ginormous amounts of effort from her to make. In fact, I'm starting to think that w/o biomed to address our very real MEDICAL issues, doing therapy without making neurotransmitters, I might as well hire an exorcist to exorcise the "demons" of autism and apraxia out of her...that's how much sense it makes to me. I really hate a lot of pediatricians where I'm at.

Although my son does in school as well as private speech, I personally believe the therapy will be more beneficial after recovery when he is more cognitive. OT will cost us an additional $200 a week on top of the $70 a week for speech. I will wait for a little more cognitive development before starting private OT.

Just a thought.

Kerri

To: mb12valtrex Sent: Wednesday, January 25, 2012 10:01 AMSubject: Re: Sick and bummed

Always Call

Christie Gravatt

I've just spent the past 3 months working on a killer project for work and I'm just approaching the final phase and waiting for some stuff from a client and I came down with a flu that's somewhere between a stomach flu and an achy headachy kind of flu. I don't normally feel bummed but I think the flu's got me feeling bummed about everything in general. I kind of want to get some stuff off my chest that's been bugging me in the last while so I can just have it off my chest and move on...1. It really bugs me that the ASD parenting community around me in the real world thinks that EVERYTHING revolves around therapy. It's really annoying. The only answer to our children's issues from many people around me is to pump hundreds of thousands of $$$ (which, btw, we DON'T have) into more therapy. From everything I've encountered for us, a large chunk of it involves neurotransmitters. Pediatricians spew

this crap that just doing more therapy alone will make our kids ok and, for us, this is just not the case. For a lot of kids of parents in many of these groups, that's not enough. I've heard stupid things being said like, "Oh supplements won't get your child to speak, THERAPY will..."They didn't see my daughter in therapy w/o supps. She is definitely showing early signs of language and I've worked really hard at this to squeeze out those first few sentences that still require ginormous amounts of effort from her to make. In fact, I'm starting to think that w/o biomed to address our very real MEDICAL issues, doing therapy without making neurotransmitters, I might as well hire an exorcist to exorcise the "demons" of autism and apraxia out of her...that's how much sense it makes to me. I really hate a lot of pediatricians where I'm at.