RemedySpot.com

Sick and bummed

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I've just spent the past 3 months working on a killer project for work and I'm just approaching the final phase and waiting for some stuff from a client and I came down with a flu that's somewhere between a stomach flu and an achy headachy kind of flu.  

I don't normally feel bummed but I think the flu's got me feeling bummed about everything in general.  I kind of want to get some stuff off my chest that's been bugging me in the last while so I can just have it off my chest and move on...

1. It really bugs me that the ASD parenting community around me in the real world thinks that EVERYTHING revolves around therapy.  It's really annoying.  The only answer to our children's issues from many people around me is to pump hundreds of thousands of $$$ (which, btw, we DON'T have) into more therapy.  From everything I've encountered for us, a large chunk of it involves neurotransmitters.  Pediatricians spew this crap that just doing more therapy alone will make our kids ok and, for us, this is just not the case.  For a lot of kids of parents in many of these groups, that's not enough.  I've heard stupid things being said like, " Oh supplements won't get your child to speak, THERAPY will... "

They didn't see my daughter in therapy w/o supps.  She is definitely showing early signs of language and I've worked really hard at this to squeeze out those first few sentences that still require ginormous amounts of effort from her to make.  

In fact, I'm starting to think that w/o biomed to address our very real MEDICAL issues, doing therapy without making neurotransmitters, I might as well hire an exorcist to exorcise the " demons " of autism and apraxia out of her...that's how much sense it makes to me.  

I really hate a lot of pediatricians where I'm at.