RemedySpot.com

Re: sound sensitivity (added in what happened at school)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I am an internist not currently in practice as my child was getting worse. This

is my dream too and would love to be able to help these beautiful kids. Trying

to learn as much as possible as this biomed world is practiced differently from

the mainstream medicine. I will eventually go back to work hopefully with a lot

more knowledge and strength but in the meantime I am here at this forum,

learning from other parents and willing to help in any way that I can. Together

we will all heal our kids.

is

>

> > **

> >

> >

> > I love love love this post!

> >

> > *From:* Bettina Pichelmayer Burnette

> > *To:* mb12valtrex

> > *Sent:* Monday, January 30, 2012 12:37 PM

> >

> > *Subject:* Re: Re: sound sensitivity (added in what

> > happened at school)

> >

> >

> > Aside from evil, there seems to be no defense against stupidity. Stupidity

> > endures, because of the lack of humility. If people had humility they would

> > not be afraid of learning. They operate under the illusion that their

> > thoughts can only be right, they know all they need to know, therefore, all

> > others who think differently must be wrong. Arrogance is the opposite of

> > humility. Arrogant and mean/ evil people are very dangerous in positions of

> > power. Only collectively do we stand a chance in reigning in the abuse. It

> > pays to be prudent and even paranoid when dealing with various

> > institutions.ie. education and medicine. The two goods of health and

> > education that we desire for our children often end up being the tail of

> > the snake for us, depending on what resources we have available to us. How

> > I have often had the vision of a special school for ASD kids with parents

> > as stakeholders, and special educators, therapists and DAN medical doctor's

> > and nurses and nutritionist on contract and on site at the institution.

> > This way parents can have the peace of mind they deserve. If I c

>

I need to take physics and o chem first. The study for the MCAT. Wish it could be a dream come true. Good luck to you in balancing motherhood with career goals. Very hard with sick babies.Sent from my Motorola ATRIX™ 4G on AT & T* Re: Re: sound sensitivity (added in what> > happened at school)> >> >> > Aside from evil, there seems to be no defense against stupidity. Stupidity> > endures, because of the lack of humility. If people had humility they would> > not be afraid of learning. They operate under the illusion that their> > thoughts can only be right, they know all they need to know, therefore, all> > others who think differently must be wrong. Arrogance is the opposite of> > humility. Arrogant and mean/ evil people are very dangerous in positions of> > power. Only collectively do we stand a chance in reigning in the abuse. It> > pays to be prudent and even paranoid when dealing with various> > institutions.ie. education and medicine. The two goods of health and> > education that we desire for our children often end up being the tail of> > the snake for us, depending on what resources we have available to us. How> > I have often had the vision of a special school for ASD kids with parents> > as stakeholders, and special educators, therapists and DAN medical doctor's> > and nurses and nutritionist on contract and on site at the institution.> > This way parents can have the peace of mind they deserve. If I c>

powerful words...wish we could publish this on the front page of our local newspapers

To: "mb12valtrex " <mb12valtrex > Sent: Monday, January 30, 2012 1:53 PMSubject: Re: Re: sound sensitivity (added in what happened at school)

I love love love this post!

To: mb12valtrex Sent: Monday, January 30, 2012 12:37 PMSubject: Re: Re: sound sensitivity (added in what happened at school)

Aside from evil, there seems to be no defense against stupidity. Stupidity endures, because of the lack of humility. If people had humility they would not be afraid of learning. They operate under the illusion that their thoughts can only be right, they know all they need to know, therefore, all others who think differently must be wrong. Arrogance is the opposite of humility. Arrogant and mean/ evil people are very dangerous in positions of power. Only collectively do we stand a chance in reigning in the abuse. It pays to be prudent and even paranoid when dealing with various institutions.ie. education and medicine. The two goods of health and education that we desire for our children often end up being the tail of the snake for us, depending on what resources we have available to us. How I have often had the vision of a special school

for ASD kids with parents as stakeholders, and special educators, therapists and DAN medical doctor's and nurses and nutritionist on contract and on site at the institution. This way parents can have the peace of mind they deserve. If I could become a doctor, I would devote my life to them doing this very thing. BettinaSent from my Motorola ATRIXâ„¢ 4G on AT & T Re: Re: sound sensitivity (added in what happened at school)

No, they are not dieticians, but their job training probably has a checklist of things to check.On that list it probably says:

Look for signs that the child is well - fed.And then it probably gives them examples of those clues to say:

well-stocked pantry/fridge/freezer with all four food groups

kids of healthy weightetcI am a licensed childcare provider and although we are not "nutritionists" we have education in nutrition they require us to take.It does not make us experts. But reading the mailing list doesn't make us doctors, right? ;-) So I am just saying that the person that comes to your home is more than likely not EVIL and there must have been some reason they got into that job. These people don't know you so the best thing to do is put on the best appearance right? We might be taught to "not judge a book by its cover" but who doesn't do that, even a little? They are there to judge you, sadly. I am not sure what they would think of a countertop of fermented veggies LOL Does it mean don't do that? NO, but put your fermented veggies in the cabinet so it's not the first thing they see when they walk into the kitchen. They might write "rotting veggies in jars on counter" LOL ~ perhaps in the

cabinet you have the fermenting veggies, a copy of your "nourishing traditions" cookbook so if they saw ityou could say "i read this book and trying a recipe in here for natural probiotics" Don't explain it rolling your eyes with attitude, talk to them like they are a person/friend so you don't seem on the defensive (even if internally you are)OK THIS IS SOMETHING I COPIED TO A FRIEND ABT THE OTHER DAYso I won't have to retype it, hope you can follow it.Gabi bit herself up at school on Wed, because teacher left the room for a few mins and the kids got really loud. This was middle of the day by Gabi's acct. No one told me.No nurse note. I picked her up at 3 before reg pickup so I could meet another teacher abt volunteering. Saw the bruises while waiting, but what could I do, I was supposed to meet withthis lady from 3:20 to 3:45. So I went to the meeting with the

kids.Afterward, we had to book to winter haven for their therapy / play classes.Got home, baths... took pics of bruises.Morning, running late, gate was abt to close, dropped off Gab, told her run for the gate, she did, made it in on time.Went to office to say I needed to go thru gate to talk to teacher for a moment.It was 8:20 and they told me too bad class has already started. I look incredulousb/c no second bell yet and no announcements, you know darned well no instructionhas started and all I wanted to do was tell the teacher what I had seen and what had happenedand that we needed to set up a meeting, I will email her. One minute tops for this conversation.Also, they would have let me thru the gate to drop Gabi at class had we chosen not to boot her out and make her run.So the office lady says why don't you email her. So I tell her what happened and thatI don't think very

appropriate for email. Then she calls another lady over. And I tell her the same thing.Then they go and say they are getting the principal for me to talk to.I walk out. They say oh just wait he will be a minute. I said "I don't WANT to talk to him,I want to talk to the teacher. I don't like talking to him, he makes me anxious. I will just email!"So I text from my phone to the teacher.Never a response.3:45pm, I am pulling in from picking up Alek and then hitting BK, my parents are gettinghome with Gabi. Up rolls DCF. TO INVESTIGATE ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In all respect Toni social workers r not dieticians or work with nutrition and as far as I know(work wth social workers) thier course does not even cover that nor do most doctors soo I would question their rational on any advice or judgement on that topic....Sent from my iPod

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Click to find info about Vitamins and Minerals:http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150543521682565--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Click to find links to info about the Low Oxalate Diet :http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150543495292565------Toni------Mind like a steel trap...Rusty and illegal in 37 states.

So I need to update you with what happened...I will try to write something later today, or tomorrow.Today is my busy day (wed afterschool therapies)But it's good news.Right now Gabi is being homeschooled. She's " at recess " right now at Grandma's.

But I need to retrieve her for more school.Talk soon, and I love you guys.Bettina and is, I am going to get an online BS in Alternative Medicine.Then I hope to be able to study for the MCAT. We'll see where I go from there.

You are right though, the babies come first. It would be nice to be done with med school before they go off to college though. LOL

powerful words...wish we could publish this on the front page of our local newspapers

To: " mb12valtrex " <mb12valtrex >

Sent: Monday, January 30, 2012 1:53 PMSubject: Re: Re: sound sensitivity (added in what happened at school)

I love love love this post!

To: mb12valtrex

Sent: Monday, January 30, 2012 12:37 PMSubject: Re: Re: sound sensitivity (added in what happened at school)

Aside from evil, there seems to be no defense against stupidity. Stupidity endures, because of the lack of humility. If people had humility they would not be afraid of learning. They operate under the illusion that their thoughts can only be right, they know all they need to know, therefore, all others who think differently must be wrong. Arrogance is the opposite of humility. Arrogant and mean/ evil people are very dangerous in positions of power. Only collectively do we stand a chance in reigning in the abuse. It pays to be prudent and even paranoid when dealing with various institutions.ie. education and medicine. The two goods of health and education that we desire for our children often end up being the tail of the snake for us, depending on what resources we have available to us. How I have often had the vision of a special school

for ASD kids with parents as stakeholders, and special educators, therapists and DAN medical doctor's and nurses and nutritionist on contract and on site at the institution.  This way parents can have the peace of mind they deserve. If I could become a doctor, I would devote my life to them doing this very thing. Bettina

Sent from my Motorola ATRIX™ 4G on AT & T Re: Re: sound sensitivity (added in what happened at school)

No, they are not dieticians, but their job training probably has a checklist of things to check.On that list it probably says:

Look for signs that the child is well - fed.And then it probably gives them examples of those clues to say:

well-stocked pantry/fridge/freezer with all four food groups

kids of healthy weightetcI am a licensed childcare provider and although we are not " nutritionists " we have education in nutrition they require us to take.It does not make us experts. But reading the mailing list doesn't make us doctors, right? ;-)

So I am just saying that the person that comes to your home is more than likely not EVIL and there must have been some reason they got into that job. These people don't know you so the best thing to do is put on the best appearance right? We might be taught to " not judge a book by its cover " but who doesn't do that, even a little? They are there to judge you, sadly.

I am not sure what they would think of a countertop of fermented veggies LOL Does it mean don't do that? NO, but put your fermented veggies in the cabinet so it's not the first thing they see when they walk into the

kitchen. They might write " rotting veggies in jars on counter " LOL ~ perhaps in the

cabinet you have the fermenting veggies, a copy of your " nourishing traditions " cookbook so if they saw ityou could say " i read this book and trying a recipe in here for natural probiotics " Don't explain it rolling your

eyes with attitude, talk to them like they are a person/friend so you don't seem on the defensive (even if internally you are)OK THIS IS SOMETHING I COPIED TO A FRIEND ABT THE OTHER DAYso I won't have to retype it, hope you can follow it.

Gabi bit herself up at school on Wed, because teacher left the room for a few mins and the kids got really loud. This was middle of the day by Gabi's acct. No one told me.No nurse note. I picked her up at 3 before reg pickup so I could meet another teacher

abt volunteering. Saw the bruises while waiting, but what could I do, I was supposed to meet withthis lady from 3:20 to 3:45. So I went to the meeting with the

kids.Afterward, we had to book to winter haven for their therapy / play classes.Got home, baths... took pics of bruises.Morning, running late, gate was abt to close, dropped off Gab, told her run for the gate, she did,

made it in on time.Went to office to say I needed to go thru gate to talk to teacher for a moment.It was 8:20 and they told me too bad class has already started. I look incredulousb/c no second bell yet and no announcements, you know darned well no instruction

has started and all I wanted to do was tell the teacher what I had seen and what had happenedand that we needed to set up a meeting, I will email her. One minute tops for this conversation.Also, they would have let me thru the gate to drop Gabi at class had we chosen not to boot her

out and make her run.So the office lady says why don't you email her. So I tell her what happened and thatI don't think very

appropriate for email. Then she calls another lady over. And I tell her the same thing.Then they go and say they are getting the principal for me to talk to.I walk out. They say oh just wait he will be a minute. I said " I don't WANT to talk to him,

I want to talk to the teacher. I don't like talking to him, he makes me anxious. I will just email! " So I text from my phone to the teacher.Never a response.3:45pm, I am pulling in from picking up Alek and then hitting BK, my parents are getting

home with Gabi. Up rolls DCF. TO INVESTIGATE ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In all respect Toni social workers r not dieticians or work with nutrition and as far as I know(work wth social workers) thier course does not even cover that nor do most doctors soo I would question their rational on any advice or judgement on that topic....

Sent from my iPod

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Click to find info about Vitamins and Minerals:http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150543521682565

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Click to find links to info about the Low Oxalate Diet :http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150543495292565

------Toni------Mind like a steel trap...Rusty and illegal in 37 states.

-- --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Click to find info about Vitamins and Minerals:http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150543521682565

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Click to find links to info about the Low Oxalate Diet :http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150543495292565

------Toni------Mind like a steel trap...Rusty and illegal in 37 states.