RemedySpot.com

Twin boys with PDD-Nos, need help with school setting

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi everyone,

I am posting on behalf of my friend who has 3 1/2 years old twin boys with

PDD-Nos. She wants to know if it is better for her boys to be in the same class

or they should be in separate classes. One of them is more verbal than the other

and therapists suggested separate classes as they believe that the less verbal

one will continue to depend on the more verbal one for his communications. My

friend is confused as she observes that both the boys interact a lot with each

other and she has seen them trying to talk to each other several times and

believes that the less verbal one is starting to talk more these days. Both of

them have been in the same class so far. What would be a better approach for her

kids?

Thanks

is

I would tend to agree with the therapist. FWIW, this argument comes up with even NT twins or siblings.Usually the mom wants them in the same class and the teachers think they will do better if they are separated.

Hi everyone,

I am posting on behalf of my friend who has 3 1/2 years old twin boys with PDD-Nos. She wants to know if it is better for her boys to be in the same class or they should be in separate classes. One of them is more verbal than the other and therapists suggested separate classes as they believe that the less verbal one will continue to depend on the more verbal one for his communications. My friend is confused as she observes that both the boys interact a lot with each other and she has seen them trying to talk to each other several times and believes that the less verbal one is starting to talk more these days. Both of them have been in the same class so far. What would be a better approach for her kids?

Thanks

is

-- --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Click to find info about Vitamins and Minerals:http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150543521682565

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Click to find links to info about the Low Oxalate Diet :http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150543495292565

------Toni------Mind like a steel trap...Rusty and illegal in 37 states.

Certainly different classes with the other kids way different in abilities.These kids tend to learn from each other, lucky that they are two so they will learn from each other at home. But they do pick up a lot of stuff at school and wide variety of (good) stuff that they pick up, good for them.

DS has ASD diagnosis but the school says its PDD-NOS. In last 8 months, he has picked up a tons of things at school and I always wished, there could be more neurotypical kids around him so that he could pick things from them.

Noel

Hi everyone,

I am posting on behalf of my friend who has 3 1/2 years old twin boys with PDD-Nos. She wants to know if it is better for her boys to be in the same class or they should be in separate classes. One of them is more verbal than the other and therapists suggested separate classes as they believe that the less verbal one will continue to depend on the more verbal one for his communications. My friend is confused as she observes that both the boys interact a lot with each other and she has seen them trying to talk to each other several times and believes that the less verbal one is starting to talk more these days. Both of them have been in the same class so far. What would be a better approach for her kids?

Thanks

is

Hi is,I just thought I would respond with my thoughts and experience. My two boys are at the higher functioning end of the spectrum, with communication being a real challenge (with the outside world). My older is eight and younger is five. (5), has always "depended" on whenever they are in the world without me (we homeschool). A neighbor commented to me that she was concerned that would never learn to communicate on his own with always there to do it for him. It really made me examine the situation. I realized that my boys were learning the lessons on interdependence and trust and LOVE. now is a better communicator BECAUSE having his brother there as emotional and speech support boosted his confidence, his security, everything. And is proud of his achievements as far as being a facilitator for 's growth. I imagine this interdependence to be even stronger with the bond of twins. There are enough stressful situations in the world where children will be "forced" to develop their speech, skills, etc. why not give them as strong a base as possible? That is how I see it. Schools want to do what is easy for them to get through the day with children with many different needs. In my opinion, twin boys have the unique and rare gift of specialized support for each one of them, at all times. I imagine their stress at being separated would create other challenges.Just my thoughts... I hope things go well for your friend and her special boys.Warmly,Jean

Hi everyone,

Thanks

is

i would be concerned about breaking a bond between the two...they are each others support team. why shouldnt they help each other and be there for each other..that just my opinion:)

To: mb12valtrex Sent: Friday, February 3, 2012 12:38 AMSubject: Twin boys with PDD-Nos, need help with school setting

Hi everyone,I am posting on behalf of my friend who has 3 1/2 years old twin boys with PDD-Nos. She wants to know if it is better for her boys to be in the same class or they should be in separate classes. One of them is more verbal than the other and therapists suggested separate classes as they believe that the less verbal one will continue to depend on the more verbal one for his communications. My friend is confused as she observes that both the boys interact a lot with each other and she has seen them trying to talk to each other several times and believes that the less verbal one is starting to talk more these days. Both of them have been in the same class so far. What would be a better approach for her kids? Thanksis

I have twin boys and I agree. These little guys are so young & going to school will be a big shift for them. Btw - this is not a one-time decision; it is an annual one. So I would keep them together until there are some negatives to that. For us it was until they were 6. Then their personalities were so different that it made sense to let them spread their wings individually. But for now, I'd keep them close. Ruth Sent from my iPhone

i would be concerned about breaking a bond between the two...they are each others support team. why shouldnt they help each other and be there for each other..that just my opinion:)

To: mb12valtrex Sent: Friday, February 3, 2012 12:38 AMSubject: Twin boys with PDD-Nos, need help with school setting

Hi everyone,I am posting on behalf of my friend who has 3 1/2 years old twin boys with PDD-Nos. She wants to know if it is better for her boys to be in the same class or they should be in separate classes. One of them is more verbal than the other and therapists suggested separate classes as they believe that the less verbal one will continue to depend on the more verbal one for his communications. My friend is confused as she observes that both the boys interact a lot with each other and she has seen them trying to talk to each other several times and believes that the less verbal one is starting to talk more these days. Both of them have been in the same class so far. What would be a better approach for her kids? Thanksis

Thanks everyone with your suggestions regarding the twin boys. My friend is a

member on this forum but she hardly has time to do anything with her 3 year old

twins and 5 year old very active daughter as her husband works out of town and

is only able to help her over the weekend. That is the reason I posted for her.

I will forward all the opinions to her. I appreciate all of you helping with

this decision.

is

>

> > i would be concerned about breaking a bond between the two...they are each

others support team. why shouldnt they help each other and be there for each

other..that just my opinion:)

> >

> >

> > To: mb12valtrex

> > Sent: Friday, February 3, 2012 12:38 AM

> > Subject: Twin boys with PDD-Nos, need help with school setting

> >

> >

> > Hi everyone,

> > I am posting on behalf of my friend who has 3 1/2 years old twin boys with

PDD-Nos. She wants to know if it is better for her boys to be in the same class

or they should be in separate classes. One of them is more verbal than the other

and therapists suggested separate classes as they believe that the less verbal

one will continue to depend on the more verbal one for his communications. My

friend is confused as she observes that both the boys interact a lot with each

other and she has seen them trying to talk to each other several times and

believes that the less verbal one is starting to talk more these days. Both of

them have been in the same class so far. What would be a better approach for her

kids?

> > Thanks

> > is

> >

> >

> >

> >

>