RemedySpot.com

Test results..What do they mean??

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi all-Liam, just turned 5 in January, had a comprehensive stool analysis and urine porphyrins test done through Doctors Data. Here are some of the results:High in Mercury & Lead Clostridia 3+ Lactobicillus None Secretory IgA 3.2 (reference range 52-204) Rhodotorula glutinis mucilaginosa Two different E. Coli listed under imbalanced/bad at 3+ and 2+ 1 strep under the same category 3+When I get home I can list the exact types of e. coli & strep if that makes a difference.What does all of this mean? Any ideas?Mom to 5 year-old Liam

comments within.

~ Antiviral Therapy 101~~ Make a biomed book ~~ gryffinstail.wordpress.com ~~ @Gryffins_Tail ~

Hi all-Liam, just turned 5 in January, had a comprehensive stool analysis and urine porphyrins test done through Doctors Data. Here are some of the results:High in Mercury & Lead Clostridia 3+ Bad bacteriaLactobicillus None good bacteriaSecretory IgA 3.2 (reference range 52-204) low cystein (secretory IgA is immunoglobin A; secretory and serum are two different things so don't be confused by the IgA label.) This indicates oxidative stress which no one is surprised to see as that's pretty much what all our kids deal with. And a jacked up methylation cycle, again, not surprising. http://www.ajcn.org/content/80/6/1611.fullRhodotorula glutinis mucilaginosa YeastTwo different E. Coli listed under imbalanced/bad at 3+ and 2+ just means it's imbalanced, leaning toward overgrowth. We naturally have e.coli in our guts and it makes up the majority of solid mass in our poop.1 strep under the same category 3+same thing.When I get home I can list the exact types of e. coli & strep if that makes a difference.not reallyWhat does all of this mean? Any ideas?It means that you have some bacterial issues in the gut. You need to get probiotics going to get rid of the bad bacteria and get more good bacteria. Clostridia - you might get antibiotics for it or you might try uva ursi (2 weeks on and 2weeks off rotation).Mercury and lead means you probably want to chelate. But most people should chelate. You'll want to start researching that as it has the potential to take years for you to decide how you want to chelate or if you even want to. For me, I didn't chelate until we were around 5 (good lord, I'll need to go through the archives to find out when we started chelating! lol! I've already forgotten…)Yeast means you probably need an anti fungal. Or limit/remove sugars, etc. Options abound here. Yeast is a never-ending battle in autism, much like bacteria.Low cysteine is par for course.You're labs are not at all uncommon. Don't freak out, there's nothing life threatening in there. You'll get started on the basic supplements and move your way up to more targeted treatments.On a side note, it's so sad when you become ho-hum about all these labs! LOL

and ,

We did all the stool and urine tests through doctors data, great plains and other biomedical labs and we were always chasing the "poo" bacteria and yeast. Truth is, there will always be bacteria in the stool. After 2 years of doing this and using these labs, I wised up and started having my son's labs done through our local children's hospital. Needless to say, his labs came back significantly different. In my experience of three very well known DAN doctors around the US, I think the Doctor's Data, Great Plains and others, read results geared toward a "cookie cutter" result that the doctor's are looking for. Lets put it this way, we spent $50,000.00 last year on treatments, supplements, traveling and LABS that were not covered by our insurance. Now we see a DAN doctor who takes our insurance and we pay $35 copay and he is getting better and on the road of healing

from his misdiagnosis of autism. I decided to do the SCIA protocol because it makes so much sense! We use the lab of our choice to have tests done and they are real. We are no longer chasing the poo bacteria and without supplements, he is getting better. Take a look at Cheryl's Anti-viral Therapy 101. I look at it for a quick reference all the time. If you cut down the inflammation then go to work on the virals and fungals, you may see amazing things start to happen. You can also look at stopcallingitautism.org I know this is not for everyone but I wish I had come across this a long time ago. For us, the labs we had confirmed the viruses and immune system dysfunction. I hope this helps you.

Kerri

To: mb12valtrex Sent: Saturday, February 18, 2012 5:58 PMSubject: Re: Test results..What do they mean??

comments within.

~ Antiviral Therapy 101~

~ Make a biomed book ~

~ gryffinstail.wordpress.com ~

~ @Gryffins_Tail ~

Hi all-Liam, just turned 5 in January, had a comprehensive stool analysis and urine porphyrins test done through Doctors Data. Here are some of the results:High in Mercury & Lead Clostridia 3+

Bad bacteria

Lactobicillus None good bacteria

Secretory IgA 3.2 (reference range 52-204) low cystein (secretory IgA is immunoglobin A; secretory and serum are two different things so don't be confused by the IgA label.) This indicates oxidative stress which no one is surprised to see as that's pretty much what all our kids deal with. And a jacked up methylation cycle, again, not surprising.

http://www.ajcn.org/content/80/6/1611.full

Rhodotorula glutinis mucilaginosa Yeast

Two different E. Coli listed under imbalanced/bad at 3+ and 2+ just means it's imbalanced, leaning toward overgrowth. We naturally have e.coli in our guts and it makes up the majority of solid mass in our poop.

1 strep under the same category 3+same thing.

When I get home I can list the exact types of e. coli & strep if that makes a difference.not really

What does all of this mean? Any ideas?

It means that you have some bacterial issues in the gut. You need to get probiotics going to get rid of the bad bacteria and get more good bacteria. Clostridia - you might get antibiotics for it or you might try uva ursi (2 weeks on and 2weeks off rotation).

Mercury and lead means you probably want to chelate. But most people should chelate. You'll want to start researching that as it has the potential to take years for you to decide how you want to chelate or if you even want to. For me, I didn't chelate until we were around 5 (good lord, I'll need to go through the archives to find out when we started chelating! lol! I've already forgotten…)

Yeast means you probably need an anti fungal. Or limit/remove sugars, etc. Options abound here. Yeast is a never-ending battle in autism, much like bacteria.

Low cysteine is par for course.

You're labs are not at all uncommon. Don't freak out, there's nothing life threatening in there. You'll get started on the basic supplements and move your way up to more targeted treatments.

On a side note, it's so sad when you become ho-hum about all these labs! LOL

Kerri-It's interesting that you mention the lab we went through. A few other people have mentioned to us in passing that Doctor's Data hasn't always been the most credible. I have never used them before and our new doctor doesn't use them. So we probably won't again. Why risk it when this stuff is all so expensive?! That is so great that you were able to find an affordable doctor that is really helping your son!!You said he was misdiagnosed with autism. If you don't mind me asking, what is it that he is now diagnosed with?We just started with this new doctor and are hoping for the best. It's still costing us a lot out of pocket. The office is an hour plus away. But it looks like our insurance is going to pick up some of the bill :) I hope we have good news soon.I will definitely look at the SCIA website and Cheryl's protocol. I didn't notice that in her signature before. Just joined this group and just starting to learn everything you all have to offer. It's so nice to have support and ideas I have never thought of. So, thank you!!Mom to 5 year-old Liam Re: Test results..What do they mean??comments within.~ Antiviral Therapy 101~~ Make a biomed book ~~ gryffinstail.wordpress.com ~~ @Gryffins_Tail ~ Hi all-Liam, just turned 5 in January, had a comprehensive stool analysis and urine porphyrins test done through Doctors Data. Here are some of the results:High in Mercury & Lead Clostridia 3+ Bad bacteriaLactobicillus None good bacteriaSecretory IgA 3.2 (reference range 52-204) low cystein (secretory IgA is immunoglobin A; secretory and serum are two different things so don't be confused by the IgA label.) This indicates oxidative stress which no one is surprised to see as that's pretty much what all our kids deal with. And a jacked up methylation cycle, again, not surprising. http://www.ajcn.org/content/80/6/1611.fullRhodotorula glutinis mucilaginosa YeastTwo different E. Coli listed under imbalanced/bad at 3+ and 2+ just means it's imbalanced, leaning toward overgrowth. We naturally have e.coli in our guts and it makes up the majority of solid mass in our poop.1 strep under the same category 3+same thing.When I get home I can list the exact types of e. coli & strep if that makes a difference.not reallyWhat does all of this mean? Any ideas?It means that you have some bacterial issues in the gut. You need to get probiotics going to get rid of the bad bacteria and get more good bacteria. Clostridia - you might get antibiotics for it or you might try uva ursi (2 weeks on and 2weeks off rotation).Mercury and lead means you probably want to chelate. But most people should chelate. You'll want to start researching that as it has the potential to take years for you to decide how you want to chelate or if you even want to. For me, I didn't chelate until we were around 5 (good lord, I'll need to go through the archives to find out when we started chelating! lol! I've already forgotten…)Yeast means you probably need an anti fungal. Or limit/remove sugars, etc. Options abound here. Yeast is a never-ending battle in autism, much like bacteria.Low cysteine is par for course.You're labs are not at all uncommon. Don't freak out, there's nothing life threatening in there. You'll get started on the basic supplements and move your way up to more targeted treatments.On a side note, it's so sad when you become ho-hum about all these labs! LOL

Cheryl-Thank you for explaining all of this to me. For some reason your e-mail went to my spam folder. Glad I found it before deleting the whole folder!Can you explain the difference between secretory and serum IgA? I didn't realize there were two different S IgA's. I don't know what cystein is either. I looks like I have quite a bit of research ahead of me..When searching for just the test results online all that really came up were medical journals. Nothing I could decipher well enough to implement any protocol. I have a lot to learn!For the Rhodotorula glutinis mucilaginosa the doctor told us to up the saccharomyces boulardii from one per day to 4am & 4pm. We ramped up slowly and have just reached 4 & 4 this past Friday. Should we add a probiotic as well? And with the strep in the imbalanced category would you do a strep free probiotic only?I was looking at Pharmax HLC Intensive per the ND's request. But haven't really decided on anything yet.Chelating is something I really want to do but it scares the heck out of me! Every time I hear about it I freak out thinking of all of those metals moving around and redistributing in the body instead of coming out. I know with his lab results and the fact that we weren't using any chelating agent at all when doing the testing as is suggested, just proves that much further that he needs chelating. How did you chelate your child(ren)? Thank you for all of this information. I will get to studying!Mom to 5 year-old Liam Re: Test results..What do they mean??comments within.~ Antiviral Therapy 101~~ Make a biomed book ~~ gryffinstail.wordpress.com ~~ @Gryffins_Tail ~ Hi all-Liam, just turned 5 in January, had a comprehensive stool analysis and urine porphyrins test done through Doctors Data. Here are some of the results:High in Mercury & Lead Clostridia 3+ Bad bacteriaLactobicillus None good bacteriaSecretory IgA 3.2 (reference range 52-204) low cystein (secretory IgA is immunoglobin A; secretory and serum are two different things so don't be confused by the IgA label.) This indicates oxidative stress which no one is surprised to see as that's pretty much what all our kids deal with. And a jacked up methylation cycle, again, not surprising. http://www.ajcn.org/content/80/6/1611.fullRhodotorula glutinis mucilaginosa YeastTwo different E. Coli listed under imbalanced/bad at 3+ and 2+ just means it's imbalanced, leaning toward overgrowth. We naturally have e.coli in our guts and it makes up the majority of solid mass in our poop.1 strep under the same category 3+same thing.When I get home I can list the exact types of e. coli & strep if that makes a difference.not reallyWhat does all of this mean? Any ideas?It means that you have some bacterial issues in the gut. You need to get probiotics going to get rid of the bad bacteria and get more good bacteria. Clostridia - you might get antibiotics for it or you might try uva ursi (2 weeks on and 2weeks off rotation).Mercury and lead means you probably want to chelate. But most people should chelate. You'll want to start researching that as it has the potential to take years for you to decide how you want to chelate or if you even want to. For me, I didn't chelate until we were around 5 (good lord, I'll need to go through the archives to find out when we started chelating! lol! I've already forgotten…)Yeast means you probably need an anti fungal. Or limit/remove sugars, etc. Options abound here. Yeast is a never-ending battle in autism, much like bacteria.Low cysteine is par for course.You're labs are not at all uncommon. Don't freak out, there's nothing life threatening in there. You'll get started on the basic supplements and move your way up to more targeted treatments.On a side note, it's so sad when you become ho-hum about all these labs! LOL

Comments within:

~ Antiviral Therapy 101~~ Make a biomed book ~~ gryffinstail.wordpress.com ~~ @Gryffins_Tail ~

snipCan you explain the difference between secretory and serum IgA? Secretory is exactly what it sounds like: secretions. It's in mucosal linings and you'll find it in the gut, poop, saliva, mucus, etc. You get my meaning here. ;) So when SIGA is low, then that particular part of the immune system isn't functioning properly. Which we already know it isn't so really, who needs a test? But that's beside the point, of course.http://www.metametrix.com/files/learning-center/articles/secretory-iga.pdfhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immunoglobulin_AI don't know what cystein is either. I looks like I have quite a bit of research ahead of me..Cysteine is a large part of that whole methylation cycle thingy you'll start hearing getting thrown around a lot. ;) You wanna get really knocked out? Take a look at these:http://www.dramyyasko.com/diagrams-listing/When searching for just the test results online all that really came up were medical journals. Nothing I could decipher well enough to implement any protocol. I have a lot to learn!For the Rhodotorula glutinis mucilaginosa the doctor told us to up the saccharomyces boulardii from one per day to 4am & 4pm. We ramped up slowly and have just reached 4 & 4 this past Friday. Should we add a probiotic as well? And with the strep in the imbalanced category would you do a strep free probiotic only?I wouldn't worry about it unlesss you have a PANDAS kid.snipHow did you chelate your child(ren)? AC Protocol