RemedySpot.com

Rome's #1100 Old Fashioned Waffle Iron, Cast Iron

Rate this topic

Guest guest

grape seed oil - love that stuff.

~ Antiviral Therapy 101~~ Make a biomed book ~~ gryffinstail.wordpress.com ~~ @Gryffins_Tail ~

http://www.amazon.com/Romes-1100-Fashioned-Waffle-Iron/dp/B000BWCTL0/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top$20. 86 reviews and they're pretty decent.

The trick seems to be in the seasoning. Canola oil is recommended. We don't do canola. Any other recommendations for that?

Sent from my Kindle Fire

We love it, too. It's a staple, here.I cook with stainless....have never used cast iron so I wasn't sure about the "seasoning" process and if it's ok to use any oil of choice. So I'll take that as a "yes". It's good to see you back, Cheryl. You were quiet for a while there.-Tammy From: cheryl biomed.mom

To: mb12valtrex Sent: Sunday, February 19, 2012 1:17 PM Subject: Re: Rome's #1100 Old Fashioned Waffle Iron, Cast Iron

~ Antiviral Therapy 101~~ Make a biomed book ~~ gryffinstail.wordpress.com ~~ @Gryffins_Tail ~

http://www.amazon.com/Romes-1100-Fashioned-Waffle-Iron/dp/B000BWCTL0/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top$20. 86 reviews and they're pretty decent.

The trick seems to be in the seasoning. Canola oil is recommended. We don't do canola. Any other recommendations for that?

Sent from my Kindle Fire

I just go in and out. I have a lot of work to do so I don't always participate. I figure there's plenty of you that can hold down the fort when I'm not around. ;)

We love it, too. It's a staple, here.I cook with stainless....have never used cast iron so I wasn't sure about the "seasoning" process and if it's ok to use any oil of choice. So I'll take that as a "yes". It's good to see you back, Cheryl. You were quiet for a while there.-Tammy From: cheryl biomed.mom

To: mb12valtrex Sent: Sunday, February 19, 2012 1:17 PM Subject: Re: Rome's #1100 Old Fashioned Waffle Iron, Cast Iron

Sent from my Kindle Fire

Any other high heat oil, such as, palm oil or coconut oil or even vegetable oil. Who would have thought a waffle iron existed? Thank the lord for Amazon!

Kerri

To: mb12valtrex Sent: Sunday, February 19, 2012 12:17 AMSubject: Rome's #1100 Old Fashioned Waffle Iron, Cast Iron

http://www.amazon.com/Romes-1100-Fashioned-Waffle-Iron/dp/B000BWCTL0/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

$20. 86 reviews and they're pretty decent.The trick seems to be in the seasoning. Canola oil is recommended. We don't do canola. Any other recommendations for that?Sent from my Kindle Fire

Well, i was pushing my luck and hoping for an electric cast iron waffle iron...a griddle, too. But womp wommmmp....no such luck. It's all good. For $20, I wont complain. Thanks, Kerrie, I needed the kick in the pants to make the switch. I will wrap up my old teflon and promptly send them to Offitt. : )

-Tammy

Sent from my Kindle Fire

LOL!!!

Kerri

To: mb12valtrex Sent: Monday, February 20, 2012 10:13 PMSubject: Re: Rome's #1100 Old Fashioned Waffle Iron, Cast Iron

Well, i was pushing my luck and hoping for an electric cast iron waffle iron...a griddle, too. But womp wommmmp....no such luck. It's all good. For $20, I wont complain. Thanks, Kerrie, I needed the kick in the pants to make the switch. I will wrap up my old teflon and promptly send them to Offitt. : )

-TammySent from my Kindle Fire