RemedySpot.com

Re:: Why do I have to feel embarassed at the speech therapy office??

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I want that shirt too!!!!!

Must ve t-shirt.. Where did u see it will get it for the summer to wear when we go to the park...

Sent from my iPod

is, I just saw this tee-shirt and immediately thought of you :

"Maybe if you stare long enough, you will cure my Autism.

Then we can work on YOUR social skills"

ahahahahahaha......

Tammy

To: mb12valtrex Sent: Tuesday, February 14, 2012 5:08 PMSubject: Re: Why do I have to feel embarassed at the speech therapy office??

,I agree with you that people sitting together in a waiting room or elsewhere should try to communicate with each other to have a pleasant environment. I always make an effort to do that but not everyone is open to it. I think most of the times I can tell what is the reason someone is staring. There are people who are friendly and courteous and at least greet me on and off and if they stare at my child, they also smile at him and smile at me. You know then it doesn't even bother me as they try to cheer him also. But then there are parents who give me a look like "Control your kid! or "Why is he messing up the magazines in the waiting area"? I noticed that even kids who almost seem recovered or way ahead of my son in their progress, make more mess than him and are more hyper but they talk and interact with each other while my son seems to be in his own world, singing happy songs. Even if he drops one book from the shelf, I have to face staring. Thank you so much for your post. It helped me feel better. I know I just have to be strong for my kid and ignore the stares and think positive. I wish more people were like you and would like to interact with the person sitting next to them and be supportive. Thanksis

No virus found in this message.Checked by AVG - www.avg.comVersion: 2012.0.1913 / Virus Database: 2114/4850 - Release Date: 03/04/12