RemedySpot.com

Seeking advice on natural yeast & bacterial treatments

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I have been reading posts from this group for a while but this is the first time

I am writing one.

My 9 year old son started wetting his bed, is more stimmy and " in his own head. "

I have seen an increase in OCD-type behavior (having to say or touch things) and

eczema and rashes. He is under the care of a DAN and she has him on Diflucan

(for yeast) and Omnicef (for strep in his bowel) but obviously something is not

working.

Is there a specific natural protocol that is used to fight tough yeast and

bacteria issues? I have only used prescription antifungals and antibiotics (have

tried many over the years -- Nystatin, Ketoconazole, Vancomycin, etc) but don't

know anything about natural treatments.

I feel like I am not helping him, despite my efforts. Any advice would be

greatly appreciated.

Guest guest

Along with Nystatin, we use Candex , made by Pure Essence Labs. It has to be taken on an empty stomach. I give my child one in the morning (when he wakes up) and then wait an hour before eating breakfast. We then give him another one before dinner. I shop at iHerb.com. I find they have the best prices AND they offer Free Shipping with just a $20 purchase. Here's a code for $5 off your first order NOF597 http://www.iherb.com/search?kw=pure%20essence%2C%20candex To: mb12valtrex Sent: Tuesday, March 20, 2012 10:00 AM Subject: Seeking advice on natural yeast & bacterial treatments

I have been reading posts from this group for a while but this is the first time I am writing one.

My 9 year old son started wetting his bed, is more stimmy and "in his own head." I have seen an increase in OCD-type behavior (having to say or touch things) and eczema and rashes. He is under the care of a DAN and she has him on Diflucan (for yeast) and Omnicef (for strep in his bowel) but obviously something is not working.

Is there a specific natural protocol that is used to fight tough yeast and bacteria issues? I have only used prescription antifungals and antibiotics (have tried many over the years -- Nystatin, Ketoconazole, Vancomycin, etc) but don't know anything about natural treatments.

I feel like I am not helping him, despite my efforts. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Guest guest

We also use candex and candidase enzymes, empty stomach lots of water, we find

" yeast aid " to be helpful, we also occasionally use artemisia a strong herb. We

don't do GSE.

Big picture though for us viruses are the cause of yeast flares so none of the

above work if viruses are not addressed, period.

Lysine is great, coconut oil very helpful.

Also FWIW the symptoms you described strongly suggest possible PANDAS, have you

considered that?

AlsO re eczema, are you dairy free? For us it was relieved 100% by removing

dairy.

>

> I have been reading posts from this group for a while but this is the first

time I am writing one.

>

> My 9 year old son started wetting his bed, is more stimmy and " in his own

head. " I have seen an increase in OCD-type behavior (having to say or touch

things) and eczema and rashes. He is under the care of a DAN and she has him on

Diflucan (for yeast) and Omnicef (for strep in his bowel) but obviously

something is not working.

>

> Is there a specific natural protocol that is used to fight tough yeast and

bacteria issues? I have only used prescription antifungals and antibiotics (have

>

> I feel like I am not helping him, despite my efforts. Any advice would be

greatly appreciated.

>

>

Guest guest

For good info on all sorts of treatments including naturals, go to Dr Amy's

powerpoint from her recent conference lecture in NY...she mentions many that we

have used like Pau de'Arco, Biotin, Neem, Uva Ursi, Biocidin & Brain Child

Nutritional Yeast Protocol...see slide for more:

To get to the powerpoint slides google " Better Health Guy " , here's the

link:

http://betterhealthguy.com/joomla/index.php

Under Blogs on the right side in blue go to " BioMedical Tips & Tricks w/Dr Amy "

A MUST see for anyone that wants a list of possible things...including hints to

look for w/symptoms:

http://betterhealthguy.com/joomla/blog/259-biomedical-tips-and-tricks-with-amy-d\

erksen-nd

Blessings,

Rita

> >

> > I have been reading posts from this group for a while but this is the first

time I am writing one.

> >

> > My 9 year old son started wetting his bed, is more stimmy and " in his own

head. " I have seen an increase in OCD-type behavior (having to say or touch

things) and eczema and rashes. He is under the care of a DAN and she has him on

Diflucan (for yeast) and Omnicef (for strep in his bowel) but obviously

something is not working.

> >

> > Is there a specific natural protocol that is used to fight tough yeast and

> >

> > I feel like I am not helping him, despite my efforts. Any advice would be

greatly appreciated.

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

so much great info....

To: mb12valtrex Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2012 1:29 AMSubject: Re: Seeking advice on natural yeast & bacterial treatments

,For good info on all sorts of treatments including naturals, go to Dr Amy's powerpoint from her recent conference lecture in NY...she mentions many that we have used like Pau de'Arco, Biotin, Neem, Uva Ursi, Biocidin & Brain Child Nutritional Yeast Protocol...see slide for more: To get to the powerpoint slides google "Better Health Guy ", here's the link:http://betterhealthguy.com/joomla/index.phpUnder Blogs on the right side in blue go to "BioMedical Tips & Tricks w/Dr Amy"A MUST see for anyone that wants a list of possible things...including hints to look for w/symptoms:http://betterhealthguy.com/joomla/blog/259-biomedical-tips-and-tricks-with-amy-derksen-ndBlessings,Rita--- In mb12valtrex , "erinsullivan65"

wrote:>> We also use candex and candidase enzymes, empty stomach lots of water, we find "yeast aid" to be helpful, we also occasionally use artemisia a strong herb. We don't do GSE.> Big picture though for us viruses are the cause of yeast flares so none of the above work if viruses are not addressed, period.> Lysine is great, coconut oil very helpful.> Also FWIW the symptoms you described strongly suggest possible PANDAS, have you considered that?> AlsO re eczema, are you dairy free? For us it was relieved 100% by removing dairy.> > > >> > I have been reading posts from this group for a while but this is the first time I am writing one.> > > > My 9 year old son

started wetting his bed, is more stimmy and "in his own head." I have seen an increase in OCD-type behavior (having to say or touch things) and eczema and rashes. He is under the care of a DAN and she has him on Diflucan (for yeast) and Omnicef (for strep in his bowel) but obviously something is not working.> > > > Is there a specific natural protocol that is used to fight tough yeast and bacteria issues? I have only used prescription antifungals and antibiotics (have tried many over the years -- Nystatin, Ketoconazole, Vancomycin, etc) but don't know anything about natural treatments.> > > > I feel like I am not helping him, despite my efforts. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.> > > >>