RemedySpot.com

Re: Self-directed medical care

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

To: mb12valtrex Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2009 2:19:12 PMSubject: Self-directed medical care

I have a (stupid) question. I noticed that many parents on this group are asking each other about dosing, trials, brands, trying different supplements & meds, etc. Not to offend but, don't many of you work with a DAN! doc? I hired one of the 'big guns' and am relying on him to guide us. Is this a naive thing to do? Since I'm not a nurse or other healthcare professional, I'm not comfortable with just experimenting with my son and some of these things. I wait until I get the suggestion from my DAN! doc to try things. Are most of you just 'winging' it on your own? Are your docs moving too slow or don't approve of some of these things? I don't have all the knowledge that Stan does and I feel like I'd have to in order to make some safe decisions. I do like to network but mainly for the purpose of developing

better questions for my doc when I see him. Just wondering . . . .

=

Guest guest

Some of us have Dans, integrative doctors, chiropractors, naturopaths etc. etc. Some of us have no access or money for these practitioners. Having a doctor can be great -But as many of us find out quickly, no one else in the world knows our children the way we do. We see how they eat, sleep, poop, react to meds, supplements, foods, interact at school and out in the community so we find ourselves having to learn everything and working along side our doctors. Every child is so unique and what works for one, doesnt work for all. We ARE our childrens doctors. Most of us have learned the very hard lesson of just following blindly without doing our research. Our childrens' situations have forced us to return to the way things SHOULD be...when parents are ultimately in charge of their childrens' health care and well being. A GOOD dan or integrative practitioner expects a

parent to their research and have questions, suggestions, articles to share etc. etc. Many parents are having success eithout any doctor at all.

hth

Tammy

Sent from my Kindle Fire

Sent: Sun Apr 01 19:58:46 EDT 2012

To: " mb12valtrex " <mb12valtrex >

Subject: Re: Self-directed medical care

To: mb12valtrex Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2009 2:19:12 PMSubject: Self-directed medical care

I have a (stupid) question. I noticed that many parents on this group are asking each other about dosing, trials, brands, trying different supplements & meds, etc. Not to offend but, don't many of you work with a DAN! doc? I hired one of the 'big guns' and am relying on him to guide us. Is this a naive thing to do? Since I'm not a nurse or other healthcare professional, I'm not comfortable with just experimenting with my son and some of these things. I wait until I get the suggestion from my DAN! doc to try things. Are most of you just 'winging' it on your own? Are your docs moving too slow or don't approve of some of these things? I don't have all the knowledge that Stan does and I feel like I'd have to in order to make some safe decisions. I do like to network but mainly for the purpose of developing

=

Guest guest

Its not a stupid question.

Do I think you are being naive? To a point, maybe.

You have to be on your toes - even with the "big guns". They are only human and have alot on their plates. Pick a bad "dan" and they will string you along f-o-r-e-v-e-r until you have no money left to spend with them. You also have to investigate every supp/med they recommend. I cant tell you how many times I've heard people comment that their doctor recommended a probiotic with casein when their child is on a casein - free diet. Or they recommended a mutli that contains an ingredient the child reacts badly to. Ive heard countless people report that their doctors recommend atypical dosaging for certain protocols. Its always good to find out why and to compare notes with others. Sometimes, yes, we have to "experiment". Safely. The other option is to sit tight and hope your doctor gets it right. : )

Tammy

Sent from my Kindle Fire

Guest guest

Heidi, I have been part of this group for a few weeks and I have learned a lot

here. My husband has been fighting me not to get a diagnosis since my son has

been 18 months now... I couldn't take it anymore, I couldn't see my son get

worst by the day so I found some information. We started GFCF in November and

saw big changes. In January, I called to see a DAN in our area and they gave me

an apt in SEPTEMBER !!! I felt like I needed more support until then se we

hired a very highly recommended ND. So far she has given us probiotics that

contain dairy in them, given us a tincture that my son reacts to highly on his

IgG test and changed our multi vitamin that sent my 2yo into Vitamin A TOXICITY

very recently.

Trust NO ONE !!!!!!!!!!!! Double check everything. Ask stupid questions ;)

The Dan that we want to see also has a son on the spectrum so I am very excited

to meet him, but I will never trust anyone again with my kids life. My 2yo

could have died or suffered kidney damage if I had just left it to the medical

professionals... all of this because of a stupid multivitamin, some fish oil and

a diet rich in vitamin A. Always watch your back, educate yourself and protect

your kids from further harm.

All the best to you !

>

>

>

>

> To: mb12valtrex

> Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2009 2:19:12 PM

> Subject: Self-directed medical care

>

> I have a (stupid) question. I noticed that many parents on this group are

asking each other about dosing, trials, brands, trying different supplements &

meds, etc. Not to offend but, don't many of you work with a DAN! doc? I hired

one of the 'big guns' and am relying on him to guide us. Is this a naive thing

to do? Since I'm not a nurse or other healthcare professional, I'm not

comfortable with just experimenting with my son and some of these things. I

wait until I get the suggestion from my DAN! doc to try things. Are most of you

just 'winging' it on your own? Are your docs moving too slow or don't approve

of some of these things? I don't have all the knowledge that Stan does and I

feel like I'd have to in order to make some safe decisions. I do like to

network but mainly for the purpose of developing better questions for my doc

when I see him. Just wondering . . . .

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> TODAY(Beta) • Powered by Yahoo!

> New setback for troubled ex-quarterback

> A trip to his hometown in Montana for a series of book signings ends badly for

Leaf.

> Privacy Policy

>

Guest guest

Love u Tammy...Sent from my iPod

Some of us have Dans, integrative doctors, chiropractors, naturopaths etc. etc. Some of us have no access or money for these practitioners. Having a doctor can be great -But as many of us find out quickly, no one else in the world knows our children the way we do. We see how they eat, sleep, poop, react to meds, supplements, foods, interact at school and out in the community so we find ourselves having to learn everything and working along side our doctors. Every child is so unique and what works for one, doesnt work for all. We ARE our childrens doctors. Most of us have learned the very hard lesson of just following blindly without doing our research. Our childrens' situations have forced us to return to the way things SHOULD be...when parents are ultimately in charge of their childrens' health care and well being. A GOOD dan or integrative practitioner expects a

parent to their research and have questions, suggestions, articles to share etc. etc. Many parents are having success eithout any doctor at all.

hth

Tammy

Sent from my Kindle Fire

To: "mb12valtrex " <mb12valtrex >

=

=

Guest guest

I agree wth 110 percentSent from my iPod

Heidi, I have been part of this group for a few weeks and I have learned a lot here. My husband has been fighting me not to get a diagnosis since my son has been 18 months now... I couldn't take it anymore, I couldn't see my son get worst by the day so I found some information. We started GFCF in November and saw big changes. In January, I called to see a DAN in our area and they gave me an apt in SEPTEMBER !!! I felt like I needed more support until then se we hired a very highly recommended ND. So far she has given us probiotics that contain dairy in them, given us a tincture that my son reacts to highly on his IgG test and changed our multi vitamin that sent my 2yo into Vitamin A TOXICITY very recently.

Trust NO ONE !!!!!!!!!!!! Double check everything. Ask stupid questions ;)

The Dan that we want to see also has a son on the spectrum so I am very excited to meet him, but I will never trust anyone again with my kids life. My 2yo could have died or suffered kidney damage if I had just left it to the medical professionals... all of this because of a stupid multivitamin, some fish oil and a diet rich in vitamin A. Always watch your back, educate yourself and protect your kids from further harm.

All the best to you !

>

>

>

>

> To: mb12valtrex

> Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2009 2:19:12 PM

> Subject: Self-directed medical care

>

> I have a (stupid) question. I noticed that many parents on this group are asking each other about dosing, trials, brands, trying different supplements & meds, etc. Not to offend but, don't many of you work with a DAN! doc? I hired one of the 'big guns' and am relying on him to guide us. Is this a naive thing to do? Since I'm not a nurse or other healthcare professional, I'm not comfortable with just experimenting with my son and some of these things. I wait until I get the suggestion from my DAN! doc to try things. Are most of you just 'winging' it on your own? Are your docs moving too slow or don't approve of some of these things? I don't have all the knowledge that Stan does and I feel like I'd have to in order to make some safe decisions. I do like to network but mainly for the purpose of developing better questions for my doc when I see him. Just wondering . . . .

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> TODAY(Beta) • Powered by Yahoo!

> New setback for troubled ex-quarterback

> A trip to his hometown in Montana for a series of book signings ends badly for Leaf.

> Privacy Policy

>

=

Guest guest

Love you, too. Soooo very much.

I pray for our kids every day.

Tammy

Sent from my Kindle Fire

Sent: Mon Apr 02 03:15:07 EDT 2012

To: " mb12valtrex " <mb12valtrex >

Love u Tammy...Sent from my iPod

hth

Tammy

Sent from my Kindle Fire

To: "mb12valtrex " <mb12valtrex >

=

=

Guest guest

Heidi,

I feel your worry about experimenting on your kid,i really do. The problem is many many docters would be more then happy to do the experimenting for you.

Many children are injured and killed by docters who experiment with kids...because they dont take the time to research what they are actually prescribing or giving to their patients. ie. vaccines...overuse of antibiotics....drugs....drugs....

Docters will almost never tell you they dont know. or.....they need to do more research. If something goes wrong....well oops.

Now on the other hand.... many parents will spend night after night after night researching the latest drug or treatment before givin thier kid.....they will be on the look out for side effects ect...

so who is the better docter?

I will proudly tell anyone I am my sons docter....and I trust myself more then any docter I have been to...becuase autism and all the related child health issues are my life.....im not in it for the money im in it to heal my son and as many other kids that i can help....

most docs are in it for the money. ....I have seen strippers with more integrity then these docters.....i been to dozens and dozens of docs in the beginning i wont share my boo hoo story again...

but my son got better when I became his docter... ME! . I spent most my life swingin around poles for a living...

but i spent the last three years researching and studying auto immune desease and everything in between...so what makes a good docter? In the old days docters were priest who felt it as a calling from God. Now we got rich pompous jerks who think they are God. and they get pimped out by the big pharma companys.

channa

To: "mb12valtrex " <mb12valtrex > Sent: Sunday, April 1, 2012 7:58 PMSubject: Re: Self-directed medical care

I have a (stupid) question. I noticed that many parents on this group are asking each other about dosing, trials, brands, trying different supplements & meds, etc. Not to offend but, don't many of you work with a DAN! doc? I hired one of the 'big guns' and am relying on him to guide us. Is this a naive thing to do? Since I'm not a nurse or other healthcare professional, I'm not comfortable with just experimenting with my son and some of these things. I wait until I get the suggestion from my DAN! doc to try things. Are most of you just 'winging' it on your own? Are your docs moving too slow or don't approve of some of these things? I don't have all the knowledge that Stan does and I feel like I'd have to in order to make some safe decisions. I do like to network but mainly for the purpose of

developing better questions for my doc when I see him. Just wondering . . . .

=

Guest guest

No, many people are working with doctors but some aren't.The reality is, not every doctor is good. Many times, parents know more than the doctors. And sometimes relying on your DAN to do something is just as faulty as relying on your ped to give you any help.I tell all parents to do your research. Understand what you are doing. Understand what the protocols are. Don't ever rely solely on a doctor. You must be active in your child's care. Each doctor has their own "pet" treatments - to the extent that they'll ignore other treatments. That's up to *you* to control. You should be a partner to your doctor, not a servant. Doing what a doctor tells a us to do is how most of us got here. Don't do it again.Understand. Research. Always ask questions.I love my DAN. We work together very well. I've done entirely more research than she's ever done and I've brought plenty to table to recover my son. BUT she's also taught me a lot about things I never would have researched and helped my son tremendously. I'm able to decide what I feel safe doing, what treatments I believe are acceptable and what treatments I'm not willing to risk, or what I think might be too early in it's use to try (believe me, flavor of the day therapies are all over the place). I also know not only which therapies I'm comfortable with, but also how I'm comfortable following through with them. Chelation for instance. I'm not comfortable with IV. I chose AC chelation, which my DAN doesn't do. But she respected my decision and certainly did her part to make sure my son was safe and that I'm wasn't pulling all his minerals out.More importantly, I know my son. I know him so well I'm at a point where I don't really need to pull labs often. But that's because I researched. I learned and I studied my son. Most of us are seeing a doctor. But not everyone is for one reason or another. They're doing the best they can. Without a doctor they don't have access to the Rx therapies.But as Tammy said, doctors experiment with us every day. Most of them don't know anything about what's wrong and they are shooting in the dark too. I would hardly call giving a child vitamin c and enyzmes experimenting when there are doctors out there that think it's perfectly acceptable to put a 3 year old on an SSRI. *shrugs* I guess have a different perspective - having been to a doctor that thought a 3 year old should be on an SSRI.

~ Antiviral Therapy 101~~ Make a biomed book ~~ gryffinstail.wordpress.com ~~ @Gryffins_Tail ~

=

Guest guest

I agree!

>

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > To: mb12valtrex

> > Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2009 2:19:12 PM

> > Subject: Self-directed medical care

> >